TESTERS WANTED! ×

Sub70's New Spring Line Up is out

JohnBarry

Too many things to list, check out the site, everything looks pretty dern good!

Sub70

Never mind, 3 of my favorite items:

belt 1.jpg

pants 1.jpg

shirt 1.jpg

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

I haven't always been a huge fan of Sub 70 (particularly the last collection with the large chest pockets), but this collection I really like. I definitely like the colors and the knits in particular.

Don't see you wearing colored plaids. Have you come around?

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• 1 month later...

After buying some on sale Sub 70, went to place another order, and regular ground shipping wasn't showing up, so I e-mailed the President of US Sales off their contact page. Got a fast reply from Chris, they fixed it, and I ordered more!

Got an e-mail from Chris a few days later saying he sent me an outfit from the new collection for my trouble. Like I went through any trouble, this was well beyond any customer service thing I could ever expect. These guys are first calls all the way.

Also note, no beer was spilled filming this!

pink outfit sub70.jpg

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

I have some yellow and black plaid shorts, not sub 70 but $7 outlet mall. I love them but the guys give me greif about them, and my wife would not let me wear them to Dallas last week on her birthday. Well, she said, "Your wearing THOSE shorts today?" I said only until I have time to change. You have to pick your battles and that was one I did not need. :D

My favorite line is, "Does you wife know you're wearing the kitchen curtains?"

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I would also like to note, the clothing is very light, fits well, and seems to be very cool, and you could get away with the pants in the Summer, but time and heat will tell.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• 3 months later...

I have to jump in here now that I've had a chance to get out in some Sub70 gear I ordered after the review. Went with pants, and a shirt.

Gotta say this, first, customer service is excellent. The order process went smoothly, and the follow up on order tracking and such was good, even if my goods did arrive 2 days before estimated.

Second, this stuff is great quality, and extremely comfortable, but if you don't like fitted clothes, definitely go up a size. I didn't, but looking at the fit, it was exactly what I expected. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I've lost over 50lbs in the last 18 months, so I'm not really used to ANYTHING in my closet actually fitting. (18 months ago was wearing XL shirts, and 40" waist pants, my Sub70 order was a L shirt, and 34" waist).

Now, understand I live in Hot Lanta. You might think, Pants? are you nuts? Nope. The Sub70 gear breathes beautifully. Played a couple of rounds now in the Sub70 pants and shirts. Temps over 90 with humidity in the 70% ranges. Stayed comfortable, and one round involved some rain with no discomfort.

I cannot say enough about the quality of the product line. I am now eagerly awaiting the fall catalog to hit the website to give that product line a go.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

• SPY VIP

I have to jump in here now that I've had a chance to get out in some Sub70 gear I ordered after the review. Went with pants, and a shirt.

Gotta say this, first, customer service is excellent. The order process went smoothly, and the follow up on order tracking and such was good, even if my goods did arrive 2 days before estimated.

Second, this stuff is great quality, and extremely comfortable, but if you don't like fitted clothes, definitely go up a size. I didn't, but looking at the fit, it was exactly what I expected. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I've lost over 50lbs in the last 18 months, so I'm not really used to ANYTHING in my closet actually fitting. (18 months ago was wearing XL shirts, and 40" waist pants, my Sub70 order was a L shirt, and 34" waist).

Now, understand I live in Hot Lanta. You might think, Pants? are you nuts? Nope. The Sub70 gear breathes beautifully. Played a couple of rounds now in the Sub70 pants and shirts. Temps over 90 with humidity in the 70% ranges. Stayed comfortable, and one round involved some rain with no discomfort.

I cannot say enough about the quality of the product line. I am now eagerly awaiting the fall catalog to hit the website to give that product line a go.

I keep saying "Best Pants Ever". I just wish more of our readers would believe me.

They're hard to describe...they feel like a natural fabric, but keep you cool and dry, and are extremely lightweight without being flimsy.

Did I mention they're the best pants ever?

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I keep saying "Best Pants Ever". I just wish more of our readers would believe me.

They're hard to describe...they feel like a natural fabric, but keep you cool and dry, and are extremely lightweight without being flimsy.

Did I mention they're the best pants ever?

I admit, at first I looked at the prices and the slim fit and hesitated to pull the trigger. Got on the mailing list though, and when they put some things on sale, I decided to give it a shot. I wish I had done so earlier in the season. I will absolutely second the sentiment of best pants ever, and the shirts are really quite close to the best as well.

Because of my cycling and running, I spend alot of time in 'modern' sports fabric shirts. None of that combines the performance and look that Sub70 has put together.

WITB
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

How the shirt fitting, as compare to other brands like JL and Adidas? Thinking of picking up a few online

about 1 size smaller than the snug fitting Adidas shirts. If you like 'roomy' especially in the arms and shoulders, you need to size up at least one, maybe two. In fit and comfort, the sizing is comparable to an old school Izod knit that has been washed enough times to have shrunk all it is going to, and is good and broken in. However, the Sub70 breathes about 2000% better :D.

( I am 6''2", about 205 lbs, in a dress shirt I wear a 16.5" neck, with a 34" sleeve, a 42 long in a suit jacket, and a 34" waist, so I'm a tall guy that is about 15 lbs over the high end of my 'target' weight )

My Ping Larges are roomy, but not quite baggy, and my 'athletic' cut adidas shirts are again a little roomy. The Sub70 large, is not tight through the middle, but it stays close enough to the body that it doesn't have any risk of chafing on a steamy hot and humid afternoon round. The only place I feel 'snug' is in my arms. I am fairly broad shouldered (too many years rowing crew and bicycling).

WITB
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Archived