Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Golf Forever Program

vandyland

This is great info .. thx!

Been kinda looking at a few golf specific home workout/flexibility programs, and kinda leaning towards this one .. it looks like one of the more complete packages (and still at a reasonable price).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Yes, and I am happy to talk through the different ways it can be used. I will try to post some of the "moves" from the program. It isn't all "swinging" motions and the swing trainer forces you to be in asymmetrical positions as the end of the trainer is attached to the resistance band so it challenges your balance as well as ability to resist rotation or actually rotate under load. The biggest thing, for me, is that I didn't use bands often before this (typically weights) and the resistance band challenges you in a different way that a weight does while, at least in my experience, being "safer" since you control how strong the resistance is and going slow with the band feels more natural than trying to slam a weight around. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

Thanks for this.  Very timely with the winter/indoor/recover/rebuild season upon us.  I've been looking at this. Three questions:

1) how much space do you need for the trainer and the band? For someone who wants to do it at home, and has limited space - how much do you need?

2) other equipment used, or just their trainer and band?

3) cost per month?

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

16 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Thanks for this.  Very timely with the winter/indoor/recover/rebuild season upon us.  I've been looking at this. Three questions:

1) how much space do you need for the trainer and the band? For someone who wants to do it at home, and has limited space - how much do you need?

2) other equipment used, or just their trainer and band?

3) cost per month?

1) For any workouts with the swing trainer you need enough room from the anchor point (can be a door jamb or anything you can put a carabiner around to gather tension on the resistance band. The band itself is probably 4 ft. I would say at a minimum you need 8-9 feet away from the anchor point and then 5-6 feet laterally. 

2) Through 50+ workouts I have used exercise bands with handles (separate from the GolfForever band though it comes with handles), a foam roller, a towel, a swiss ball (only used twice so far). 

3) The cost per month is not cheap. If you buy the swing trainer you get a month free and then it is either $24.99 per month OR $200 for an annual sub. Personally, I thought that was a steep amount of money to commit to this but, to me, it has been worth it in hindsight. I have an annual subscription because after the trial period I was fairly certain I would use it for the next year (so far I have 3 months in and averaging 4 workouts per week). 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

I see Justin Leonard in one of the screenshots above... I recall reading that he credited this program as a big part of him getting prepped to play competitive golf again. Pretty good endorsement.

I may jump in - compared to a TPI coach or a place near me that specializes in golf fitness (and PT), the sub price isn't too bad...

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

On 11/4/2022 at 6:39 PM, cksurfdude said:

I see Justin Leonard in one of the screenshots above... I recall reading that he credited this program as a big part of him getting prepped to play competitive golf again. Pretty good endorsement.

I may jump in - compared to a TPI coach or a place near me that specializes in golf fitness (and PT), the sub price isn't too bad...

Fit for Golf is another good program to take a look at. 

Larry A. Merrick 

5 hours ago, Lmerrick said:

Fit for Golf is another good program to take a look at. 

Yeah I've seen that one .. will take a look, thx 

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 2 months later...

I started the Golfforever program 2 weeks ago and am 10 workouts in.  @vandyland hit the nail on the head with the big pros and cons.  While I greatly enjoy the golf specific workouts, it does seem a little light if you are used to a more rigorous fitness program.  I ordered the heavy fitness band so hopefully that will amp up the intensity/difficulty a bit.  If they incorporated a few more heavy intensity workouts this could be a near perfect program.

One thing I would add on is the Golfforever support team is fantastic.  I bought the training kit from Golf Galaxy and had one of the plastic carabiner clips break within the first few workouts.  I emailed them and in less than an hour I had a reply stating they would send better quality carabiners along with a carry bag at no cost.  Nice!

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

@vandyland  The monthly/annual cost doesn't bother me as much as the cost of the training bar...seriously?  $200 bucks for a bar and some bands is a bit steep.  I have heard that's it's high quality and that's all fine and dandy, but it's still fairly steep.  Anyway, are the training sessions utilizing the bar mainly or do they require investing in further devices to supplement the training?  Is the training bar required for most of the exercises?  

I really like the concept behind the program, but the initial investment (plus another $200 for the annual because if you're going to pay $200 just for the bar, not getting the training videos seems wasteful) is a bit off-putting.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

8 minutes ago, CarlH said:

@vandyland  The monthly/annual cost doesn't bother me as much as the cost of the training bar...seriously?  $200 bucks for a bar and some bands is a bit steep.  I have heard that's it's high quality and that's all fine and dandy, but it's still fairly steep.  Anyway, are the training sessions utilizing the bar mainly or do they require investing in further devices to supplement the training?  Is the training bar required for most of the exercises?  

I really like the concept behind the program, but the initial investment (plus another $200 for the annual because if you're going to pay $200 just for the bar, not getting the training videos seems wasteful) is a bit off-putting.

You can select what equipment you have and the daily workout will automatically adjust.  I already had everything but the swing trainer, but that is the main piece of equipment you'll need.

equipment.jpg.6fb3dddb66b341fde402c3aaa13f2791.jpg

I agree the $200 initially seemed a bit steep.  There are options out there though ranging from a $25 resistance band bar on Amazon up to the $230 TRX Rip trainer (which was developed by one of the Golfforever fitness instructors).  I bought mine at Golf Galaxy for $160 using Scorecard reward points.

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update on this.  I'm 4 months into the GolfForever program and still going strong with at least 5 workouts a week.  The biggest difference by far for me has been purchasing the heavy band.  It's taken the easier stretching/flexibility movements and turned them into true strength exercises.

Also saw a nice little shoutout to the program in Netflix's Full Swing when Scottie Scheffler (paid endorser) and Justin Thomas (turned the branding away from the camera since they don't pay him) were both using the swing trainer.

• 2 weeks later...

I found that they do talk a lot as you mention and then only show you one rep, which isn’t helpful if you are new to this.  Have they changed that at all?

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9* Ventus Red 5S shaft

3W: Cobra Aerojet Max 

Cobra LTDx 3H-5H

7-PW Callaway Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 steel shafts

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX zipcore steel 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Rossie

Ball:  Titleist ProV1 or AVX

Appreciate the in-depth write up. I’ve been wondering about using this as a supplement to my normal workout routine. My concerns were cost, time, and actually if the equipment/routines are unique enough to be worth purchasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.png.04da3f72ef9e45c374a6ced580ad076e.png Driver: Aerojet LS (9.0)

image.png.47d8335a6ed74f5ce323f36dde1e64f5.pngMini Driver: BRNR Mini Driver (13.5)

default_callaway-small.jpg.4e22e166ebf0a736dfc257554f147efe.jpg X Forged Utility 18 degree 2 iron

default_callaway-small.jpg.4e22e166ebf0a736dfc257554f147efe.jpg Apex X Forged CB (4-6)

image.png.04da3f72ef9e45c374a6ced580ad076e.png PW: MB 7 - RF 

default_vokey-small.gif.7343a5ce0d53f6f6b215377d00e5563f.gif Wedges: 52|08F , 56|12D , 60|10S , SM9 Jet Black

photo-203973.jpg.72b2eb1ed527f5bfef6c6f39d952c2f0.jpg Putter: 2015 Queen B 6

image.png  V2 Bag

Ball: Still Searching for My Perfect Gamer

Previously Tested: BirdieBall 2-In-1 Putting/Hitting Mat

2 hours ago, Shinnman said:

I found that they do talk a lot as you mention and then only show you one rep, which isn’t helpful if you are new to this.  Have they changed that at all?

It really depends on the instructor.  If you have a workout with Troy Van Biezen (Scheffler's performance coach) he talks a lot.  Almost all of his workouts are great, but I've found myself doing extra reps or jogging in place while he was talking.

Most instructors show one rep and then get into the actual set.  For really complicated moves I've found myself getting the hang of the motion while they moved on and then going back 15-30 seconds on the app to get back in sync with the program.

38 minutes ago, Dooby said:

Appreciate the in-depth write up. I’ve been wondering about using this as a supplement to my normal workout routine. My concerns were cost, time, and actually if the equipment/routines are unique enough to be worth purchasing.

Cost is definitely on the higher side when you consider the $200 initial purchase along with $200 yearly subscription.  Time-wise most workouts are between 25 and 40 minutes long if you stick with the workout of the day.  If you pick something from the library you could get by with as little as 15 minutes a day.  Someone mentioned before you could always buy the swing trainer bundle and then cancel the app subscription after 30 days once you have a few workouts written down that you like.

Off the top of my head I would say about 75% of the daily workouts use the swing trainer and are unique to anything else you would find online.  The remaining workouts utilize bands, dumbbells, or just bodyweight similar to many other workout programs.

Obviously any workout program is only going to be as good as the effort you put into it.  I've tried Fit for Golf, Beachbody, and many other workout programs.  This has probably been the most helpful and enjoyable to my overall golf game.

Just got started with the system ,  really like the equipment and the move they show you

I'm an concerned with the overwhelming variety and random workouts assigned each day.  My style to be to find a core group of workouts that cover all bases and work them repeatedly.  This leads to quality and intensity 

For those using the system and doing "Todays workout"  how often to the workouts repeat? are there any you dont like and skip?  What are your favorites

For those handpicking your workouts what are your favorites and how many do you use in your rotation?

thanks

34 minutes ago, Kammann09 said:

Thank you for the helpful review.  I have 2 HS golf athletes, as well as my wife being an active golfer.  Would we all be able to use one log in?  Or would that throw off the daily workouts?  Can the content be casted to a smart tv, or chromecast?

If users test at the same level it would be pretty easy to just repeat the workout of the day,  if you test at different levels the user will only be assigned to 1 level I believe

I use Airplay to an AppleTv it it works very well from inside the app,  dont have to Airplay the whole phone

2 minutes ago, Jake81 said:

If users test at the same level it would be pretty easy to just repeat the workout of the day,  if you test at different levels the user will only be assigned to 1 level I believe

I use Airplay to an AppleTv it it works very well from inside the app,  dont have to Airplay the whole phone

Thanks for your response!!  Ok, good to know it works on airplay.  I unfortunately dont have a tv that receives airplay in my workout area.  Do you know if it will cast to a google chromecast?

• 3 weeks later...

Also, on the workouts, @Kammann09, you can search the library and it will say things like "back tees" "middle tees" "front tees" "all levels" so you can get some sense of how difficult the workout will be. I will say they don't always give you a good indication of how intense a workout will be on the front end. There are some cardio ones that will really get you sweating and there are others that feel like a quick yoga warmup and then almost everything else in between. 

• 4 weeks later...

It makes sense that if users test at the same level, repeating the workout of the day would be convenient. And if there are different levels, being assigned to just one level can help maintain consistency. BTW, using Airplay to an Apple TV sounds like a smart idea, especially if it works seamlessly within the app itself. No need to Airplay the whole phone! On another note, if you're planning a golf trip, you should definitely check out golftravel.tours golftravel.tours. They offer some amazing options to explore the world of golf while traveling.

Edited by LukeMeyers

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2023 at 2:50 PM, mauismom said:

great info here - thanks.

my question is does it make sense to share a subscription or is it highly personalized?  Could my husband and I share?

TIA

The program supposedly advances the more daily workouts you do, but you could easily share a subscription if you don't care about the weekly score rankings or one person wants to do workouts from the library instead of the prescribed daily.  I've been using it about 8 months and still find it valuable.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great review, thank you for taking the time to do this.

Question: how easy is it to take the system to the gym and use it there? I live in a golf/retirement community and have a nice wellness center that's usually not too busy in the late afternoon when I go after work. I was thinking about taking it with me to do a regular workout then finish with this. Thoughts?

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

23 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

Question: how easy is it to take the system to the gym and use it there? I live in a golf/retirement community and have a nice wellness center that's usually not too busy in the late afternoon when I go after work. I was thinking about taking it with me to do a regular workout then finish with this. Thoughts?

Extremely easy. The bag itself, with everything in it, is about the length of a 9 iron and weighs maybe 7 pounds all-in. The swing trainer secures with a carabiner that can secure to a host of different things and your gym might already have resistance bands so you wouldn't even have to bring those. Basically just the swing trainer. I took it into my gym most days and I would say the *only* issue I had was since the swing trainer is fairly long I couldn't fit this in a 1/2 locker. But in terms of portability it is made to be packed up and moved constantly. No issues there.