Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Did PXG raise the price of its Gen 5 driver?

G56788

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

As for the Sub70 box vs PXG there’s a big difference.

First the Sub70 box is just your standard club shipping box but with their color scheme and log on it, not really much different from the regular box that clubs come in with just the company’s logo on it.

The pxg box is larger for irons than the Sub70 one. I have received full iron sets from both brands. The pxg black box is shipped inside of another shipping box so it’s something that can be kept kinda of like a momento similar to the yellow scotty Cameron box. 

22 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Going to reply to each of you together on the same points.

the cost of the materials to make the grips is up. There has also been a huge supply chain issue with them leading to grips along with shafts being the leading cause of back orders. As for pxg they have their own grip sand want people to use that grip so just like with some shafts you charge a premium for the grips that aren’t yours to get people into the product you want them to be in. The cost of the golf pride grips is up overall so not surprise it costs more to sell them with clubs.

Shipping costs are up, at one point pxg lowered the cost of shipping to $19 iirc. But I would encourage you to go to the post office, ups or FedEx and try to ship clubs and see how much it costs. It’s is it going to be cheap.

People really need to start looking at and understanding business, costs and so on before talking about prices 

I think the only thing that really matters from a consumer’s standpoint is whether the product justifies its price. We don’t need to understand business to know when the cost of a product exceeds what we are willing to pay for it.  Telling me a Honda Accord costs as much as a BMW, and then offering it to me at a Honda Accord price does not make me feel like I am getting a BMW. 

Here’s a picture of the box I received from PXG for comparison purposes. 8299BB8B-3F1A-4A1D-AEC4-EB73E799D129.jpeg.a0642c813ae434187c3c52a51b803630.jpegFD048A28-CB88-4883-9016-C53380C60FF5.jpeg.68bd0db58cfce77c939c6c2cff57f4d5.jpeg

Just looking on Golfsmith, the $30 PXG upgraded Golf Pride wrap is $7.19 there. I can't imagine PXG doesn't buy them by the box which reduces prices a little. Either way, a $22 markup on a grip is excessive. The same DG shaft is $8-10 cheaper at Golfworks. I have no doubt pricing of raw materials has went up, but no way it has went up for just one OEM and not the do it yourself at home companies. I think PXG preys on the "premium" feel that if you pay for more it, it must be better, but I've yet to see any real testing that they are any better than anything else. I won't even get into the $60 shipping as they have charged that well before any shipper price increases. Again, it feels "premium" to get a fancy black box, but you are essentially paying handsomely for that. I just don't like to be told I'm getting the best of the best when a quick search shows the same components for 1/3rd in some cases. I've had a set recently, bought used at 1/3rd of retail and lost even more when I sold them. They were comparable to any other OEM but I let someone else pay for all the upgrades first. 

I read an article around the start of the Hero's program, PXG used to have proprietary properties to their clubs such as the 'internal metallic goo' in the cavity back irons, and other intellectual properties to help justify their huge price tag.

However, all other OEMs has now caught up and have similar technologies due to some legal issues related the golf business; PXG couldn't enforce their intellectual properties because it was based upon other older intellectual properties.  So, if PXG decided to go to war legally, then other makers may decide to file forever lawsuits against PXG for any small infringements.  Also, most of these golf technologies are also controlled by PGA.

It was some interesting read.  If some people have more or better knowledge, please share.  I'm just recalling from a memory 2-3 years ago(?).

2 hours ago, cardia10 said:

$30 PXG upgraded Golf Pride wrap is $7.19 there. I can't imagine PXG doesn't buy them by the box which reduces prices a little. Either way, a $22 markup on a grip is excessive. The same DG shaft is $8-10 cheaper at Golfworks. I have no doubt pricing of raw materials has went up, but no way it has went up for just one OEM and not the do it yourself at home companies.

You either didn’t read what I posted above or chose to ignore to further your gripe.

Pxg is charging a premium for grips that aren’t theirs. This drives customers to order with their grip or with grip in the box. It also helps them keep inventory on golf price grips that have been on backorder across the industry. It’s one of the reasons why pxg orders get our faster. 

They require signature for packages. You are paying for a service and the box.

But again go try to ship a box of clubs that is outside the normal shipping box and see how much it costs 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

12 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You either didn’t read what I posted above or chose to ignore to further your gripe.

Pxg is charging a premium for grips that aren’t theirs. This drives customers to order with their grip or with grip in the box. It also helps them keep inventory on golf price grips that have been on backorder across the industry. It’s one of the reasons why pxg orders get our faster. 

They require signature for packages. You are paying for a service and the box.

But again go try to ship a box of clubs that is outside the normal shipping box and see how much it costs 

Just shipped a full set, Fed Ex. TN to FL. $26.75 for 4-PW and 2 wedges. They charge $60. I get pushing customers toward their grips, but if you can't have 10-20 of each grip on hand in inventory, why even try being premium if what you sell isn't what people really want. 

For example, 4-G on their site with the grips and shafts they want you to take- $792

4-G with stock shafts and grips from any other OEM in the world- $1,344

That is a significant difference for a standard set that is off the rack from any other OEM. It is nice having them fast, but when you need to reshaft and regrip them, it kind of kills the speed for me. I get why they do it, but it seems like a poor reason for someone like Parson who has always been about fit and quality. Shipping is showing $60 for me which is basically triple of any negotiated rate they should have to pay as an OEM. I never asked for the fancy black box. These aren't some limited edition clubs where the box will be valuable, it is a box. How about take $40 off shipping and send the clubs in a box like everyone else. 

I know I'm not their target market, I'm a discount shopper and while I like nice things, I don't like to be the sucker paying full price for something I can get in 6 months for 50% off. I still say they are the Rock Bottom Golf of OEM's as no other OEM fluctuates EVERYTHING THEY SELL like PXG does.

Edited by cardia10

PXG is playing a strategy that has to be driving the major brands crazy. For years the only time you got a discount on clubs was when the newer model was being introduced, strictly to clear out old inventory. PXG has stood that model on its head. After starting as a super premium brand they convinced the major brands that there was a market of super expensive clubs. The majors decided to follow suit - resulting in major increases in the prices of their clubs. Then PXG cycled around and introduced far cheaper models that were still pretty damn good, undercutting the majors. So far none of the majors have followed suit, likely fearing they would undercut their premium models. Now PXG has started using specials to slash prices on their own premium brands - but time limited. I have to think the majors are pulling their hair out trying to figure out how to compete with PXG. As a DTC (with free club fittings, which no other DTC does to the best of my knowledge), PXG can move far faster than manufacturers tied into dealer networks. Frankly, I love it. I have a full set of 0211 irons and 0311 wedges and woods - all for way less than anything the majors offer. So long as PXG doesn't grab too much of the market the majors (Taylormade, Ping, Cleveland, Mizuno) will likely think they can just ride it out - but that is likely wishful thinking. I suspect PXG is profitable and will just keep pounding on the majors. So, yes, keep checking their website because you never know what outrageous offers they may have.

Full PXG + Evnroll

3 hours ago, cardia10 said:

I never asked for the fancy black box. These aren't some limited edition clubs where the box will be valuable, it is a box. How about take $40 off shipping and send the clubs in a box like everyone else. 

Not sure if they still do it but at one time you could get a cheaper rate for a plain box. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

For those complaining about their price changing all the time, if you bought the club/clubs at a price that you clearly thought was fair, why complain because it gets discounted. Nobody twisted your arm to buy at the price you did. Plus on top of that, if the price drop is within a certain time frame(30 day return time I believe) PXG with give you the difference in PXG credit to use towards other clubs or accessories. Is there another company that does that?

I just don’t get all the complaining. This isn’t anything new with PXG over the last year or so. If you find something you want and can live with the price buy it, if you are worried it will go down more then wait. That way you can come back and complain that you should have bought the stuff when it was lower cuz now it’s back to normal price. 

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

8 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

For those complaining about their price changing all the time, if you bought the club/clubs at a price that you clearly thought was fair, why complain because it gets discounted. Nobody twisted your arm to buy at the price you did. Plus on top of that, if the price drop is within a certain time frame(30 day return time I believe) PXG with give you the difference in PXG credit to use towards other clubs or accessories. Is there another company that does that?

I just don’t get all the complaining. This isn’t anything new with PXG over the last year or so. If you find something you want and can live with the price buy it, if you are worried it will go down more then wait. That way you can come back and complain that you should have bought the stuff when it was lower cuz now it’s back to normal price. 

I don’t think that anyone is complaining about the price swings, only acknowledging the uncertainty they create, questioning the feasibility of a Sears-like business model, and pointing out the additional costs if you want something every other OEM offers as a no-upcharge option. 

I bought the driver (XF Gen 5) during their sale earlier this year - $299 with shaft I wanted to try, and they were doing free shipping.  Given the 60-day return policy, the shipping being free, and the crazy-good price for a new driver (especially as I was able to offload a piece of golf tech I wasn't using for almost exactly the price I paid for the driver), it was a no-brainer for me.  I will say the same driver at $499 or $599 - not the same deal.  I LOVE the driver, btw, but I'm not sure it (or any driver, for me, for that matter) would be worth a $500+ price-tag.  

For one, I love that they do these sales.  I can absolutely say that it would drive me crazy if I had purchased and then they lowered the price, but...given their 60-day return window, there's a good chance you could return it and re-buy it at the lower cost.  

Those 0211 irons are calling my name, especially at $99/club.  🙂 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

6 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

I bought the driver (XF Gen 5) during their sale earlier this year - $299 with shaft I wanted to try, and they were doing free shipping.  Given the 60-day return policy, the shipping being free, and the crazy-good price for a new driver (especially as I was able to offload a piece of golf tech I wasn't using for almost exactly the price I paid for the driver), it was a no-brainer for me.  I will say the same driver at $499 or $599 - not the same deal.  I LOVE the driver, btw, but I'm not sure it (or any driver, for me, for that matter) would be worth a $500+ price-tag.  

For one, I love that they do these sales.  I can absolutely say that it would drive me crazy if I had purchased and then they lowered the price, but...given their 60-day return window, there's a good chance you could return it and re-buy it at the lower cost.  

Those 0211 irons are calling my name, especially at $99/club.  🙂 

PXG no longer offers free shipping, and their return policy is now 30 days with a 10% restocking fee. They do not pay for return shipping or provide a reduced cost shipping label; you have to find and pay for shipping yourself.

So for the same $299 driver you bought a couple months ago the cost would be $329 ($299 plus $30 shipping) plus tax. If returned: you’d receive roughly $270 back minus your shipping costs.

1 hour ago, Golfer56744 said:

I don’t think that anyone is complaining about the price swings, only acknowledging the uncertainty they create, questioning the feasibility of a Sears-like business model, and pointing out the additional costs if you want something every other OEM offers as a no-upcharge option. 

43 minutes ago, Golfer56744 said:

PXG no longer offers free shipping, and their return policy is now 30 days with a 10% restocking fee. They do not pay for return shipping or provide a reduced cost shipping label; you have to find and pay for shipping yourself.

So for the same $299 driver you bought a couple months ago the cost would be $329 ($299 plus $30 shipping) plus tax. If returned: you’d receive roughly $270 back minus your shipping costs.

Why care about the uncertainty? I pointed out that if someone bought something from them they felt that price was fair. If it goes down in price 1 hour later they didn’t get cheated they were unlucky.  You can call it Sears-Like or whatever you want but I guarantee you Bob is making money.  And as far as charging for what other oems offer free, it’s their choice. There are plenty of oems that charge less or more for non-stock options. There are also iron sets that come stock with PX I/O shafts that are upcharge for others. This isn’t something strictly done by PXG. 

Now on top of that, they have a return policy for used clubs. Why should you or anyone get to play a club for 30 days and get a full refund at their loss. Also why should they eat the return shipping?  That’s just bad business.  In addition I pointed out that if in that return window the price does drop, PXG offers a refund in the way of store credit to purchase other PXG goods. Name another oem that does that? Titleist- nope only return unused still wrapped items. Once used it’s your problem.  Cally? TM? They have used club sites but I bet they don’t offer full refunds plus shipping or a price adjustment if a sale happens 29 days later. 

I summarized what people have said and provided the most up-to-date info  regarding their return policy. I did not say whether it was good or bad or say that anyone is entitled to anything. Like I said 30 posts ago, PXG can do what it wants. Their business, their choice. 

If someone doesn’t like what they offer, they can look elsewhere. If PXG clubs are the best for their game or if they feel sorry for Bob because inflation and supply chain issues have increased his costs, and they are willing to pay for extras, then they can buy from him. Their money, their choice. 

Basic economics aside, the posts here have raised reasonable points and concerns about the way PXG does business and Bob would be smart to listen to potential customers. It’s bad business not to. 

Happy Thanksgiving all!

17 minutes ago, Golfer56744 said:

Basic economics aside, the posts here have raised reasonable points and concerns about the way PXG does business and Bob would be smart to listen to potential customers. It’s bad business not to. 

Bob is smarter than anyone commenting on this thread on either side. He didn’t get pxg to be one of the fastest growing companies in the short life of pxg by accident 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

For me it is amazing how quickly PXG diversified. It seems like only a little while ago they were the premium of premium and super expensive and now with how affordable they are its truly great. Pricing is what it is. PXG has always been different and run by their own rules per say so the fact prices move up and down aren't that big of a shock. 

I am happy with the price I got my 0211 driver and if I found out that tomorrow it dropped another $50 or more I wouldn't be disappointed. Maybe this is something that catches on with more OEMs to get their products out there door quicker right off the hop and then prices go to a "normal" price point?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Answer me this please. Other than offering sales on clubs at a more frequent rate than any other company, what does PXG do that other companies don’t that makes their business model so bad?

Shipping charge? Nope others do(price is irrelevant)

Upcharge for certain items offered stock by others? Nope others do(price is irrelevant)

Returns for used clubs?  Sort of. I can only find info showing PXG and Callaway accepts returns for new clubs that have been used. However both require you to pay shipping. Yes PXG requires a 10% restocking fee and you get your money back. Callaway won’t charge a restocking fee but you only get a gift card in the amount. Not really a refund is it. 

A credit toward another purchase if your item goes on sale during your return window?  Yep found one. No other company that I can find does that. Bob actually says we are sorry you were unlucky so here is a credit for the difference so you can grab some more PXG stuff. Dang Bob should just close up shop for that. 

You and others are free to have your opinions  but complaining or voicing concerns about PXG’s business model using examples that every other oem does makes zero sense to me. 

Bob? Is that you?

The guy is pretty good at business only those who view him from some bias whether it’s how he started and priced pxg, how he comes off in interviews or on commercials ignore how good he is at business. He turned a garage IT business into a multimillion dollar business, made Godaddy one of the biggest domains in the industry and when it was about to go under and he was worried about people losing their jobs he found a way to turn that business around and sell it for a huge profit. He owns Harley Davison dealerships as well. Pxg is almost like a play toy for him. Unlike all these other brands that have boards and the public to answer to he is the only one at the top.

Like him or not, like his business models or not but at the end of the day he is smarter than any of us on this forum or any other forum. If it was easy anybody could do it

I don’t like bill gates, Jeff bezos, mark Zuckerberg and others but can respect their business acumen and what they’ve done to influence their respective industries. 

Typically pxg thread that is people complaining about something pxg does that they don’t like and ignore any of the business aspects of what, why and how things are done because the price of an item vs another brand.

also becomes a merry go round of the same points over and over said differently each time. There are higher prices grips by each club manufacturer, just like there are some shafts offered at no upcharge and other for a upcharge fee. Doesn’t matter that one brand offers dg shafts for free while another charges more for them, just like some brands have modus shafts as upcharge and others offer them free. Or that ventus velocore shafts are $250 in some brands while $345 basically a $5 savings form retail in another.

Find what you like and what fits your budget and buy it. If you don’t like something then don’t buy it. Who cares if the msrp price of an item went up yet the sale price remained the same or even dropped, you aren’t paying msrp on it.

anyway happy thanksgiving and I’m out 

On 11/23/2022 at 11:27 AM, 6 Million Dollar Man said:

Love PXG.  Use their driver and putter.  High quality stuff even when discounted.  I have two wedges and two fwy woods that will be here Tuesdwy.  Being a Marine, I love the heroes program!

Happy Thanksgiving; Semper Fi and thanks for your service! 👍🏼

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

6 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

Well, I'm all in now! I just see PXG released the Nick Jonas collection. No, not an upcoming golfer, a singer, former Disney singer. If PXG is going to be taken seriously, they should highlight that actual golfers play their equipment.

Are you on the Taylormade topics complaining about the Kith collaboration?  Guessing not. 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, blackngold_blood said:

Are you on the Taylormade topics complaining about the Kith collaboration?  Guessing not. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I thought Kith was a clothing or lifestyle brand. Taylor Made is pretty clear and active about who plays their equipment.  It just shows the struggle if you are grabbing at B-C list singers to promote. We all know who some of the PXG players are, why not highlight them? 

32 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

Well, I'm all in now! I just see PXG released the Nick Jonas collection. No, not an upcoming golfer, a singer, former Disney singer. If PXG is going to be taken seriously, they should highlight that actual golfers play their equipment.

Pxg has the same or more market share than cobra, Mizuno and Wilson. They are already being taken serious and have been for ahwile. The PXG effect on pricing has already made its way into the other brands. Callaway tried with the epic line and somewhat failed.  Other brands raised their prices 3-4 years back on their irons. The p series rom tm went over the $1000 mark because of what pxg did. 

They are also expanding into a lifestyle brand with their clothing line. PXG isn’t like all the other brands. They are Bob’s playground. He could pull the plug whenever he wants and has nothing to worry about. He has nobody to answer to and can do things his way. Like it or not PXG is a very successful brand. Sub70, New Level would love to be where PXG is.

If you isn’t think cobra, Mizuno and wilson took notice that pxg has a big market share you might be living under a rock

16 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Pxg has the same or more market share than cobra, Mizuno and Wilson. They are already being taken serious and have been for ahwile. The PXG effect on pricing has already made its way into the other brands. Callaway tried with the epic line and somewhat failed.  Other brands raised their prices 3-4 years back on their irons. The p series rom tm went over the $1000 mark because of what pxg did. 

They are also expanding into a lifestyle brand with their clothing line. PXG isn’t like all the other brands. They are Bob’s playground. He could pull the plug whenever he wants and has nothing to worry about. He has nobody to answer to and can do things his way. Like it or not PXG is a very successful brand. Sub70, New Level would love to be where PXG is.

If you isn’t think cobra, Mizuno and wilson took notice that pxg has a big market share you might be living under a rock

I'm quite aware of what they are doing and based on Bob's personal finance, I think that is why they make some of the odd decisions that they do. They are essentially the LIV of OEMs trying to be a market disrupter. If I were going to be a lifestyle brand, I wouldn't be the dollar tree of lifestyles. Pick a real celebrity, write the check. Don't manipulate club pricing like Rock Bottom Golf. No other OEM goes up and down weekly like they do with pricing. No other OEM charges $60 for shipping. No other OEM charges for normal shafts and grips. He sure is doing things differently, just wished the reviews and testing showed they were doing it better than others, then it may be easier to buy into.  Nothing wrong with doing things differently if the results are better. I've yet so see the results other than some good sales occasionally which leads to reduced 2nd hand pricing which is great for people like me that wants to try them for a bargain. I've tried them and can't say they are any better than any other OEM.  My thought is that if you are paying $145 for a PXG tee shirt, you aren't worried about the price ups and downs though.

Edited by cardia10

58 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

19 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Sears had a lot of market share at one point AND an apparel section featuring clothing lines from hip, young celebrities  like Kim Kardashian…just sayin’

13 minutes ago, Golfer56744 said:

Sears had a lot of market share at one point AND an apparel section featuring clothing lines from hip, young celebrities  like Kim Kardashian…just sayin’

They also like many brick and mortar stores are goin away. They are also like TM, Titleist, Callaway and so on have people to answer to and have numbers that need to be reached and stocks to sell. PXG doesn’t.

Everyone thought pxg would be done in 3-5 years, not only were they not they paid off their initial operating costs to open in that timeframe.

Most didn’t think they would get any real market share but yet here we are and they are as good as the names I mentioned.

Bod wants to do things differently than what the golf industry has been, where budgets are set for r&d, where companies have to have new equipment every year whether that company is on 2 year cycles like titleist who still has a new product every year with one year being irons and the next drivers. Bob releases gear when it’s better than the previous version and they post the comparison on their website unlike other brands who just make the claims and then out a footnote disclaimer.

bon has more money than he can even need and pxg is just him having fun and being disruptive in a multi billion dollar industry. Other than people losing jobs with many being long time industry staples that would be able to find jobs with other companies Bob could shutdown pxg tomorrow and not worry about anything.

And if the business wasn’t successful or being taken serious Bob wouldn’t have 20+ retail stores with fitting studio.

At the end of the day PXG will be around as long as Bob wants it to be. He’s already proven he can start up a golf club business and be successful and have a high end priced clothing line that sells out pretty regularly

21 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

I'm quite aware of what they are doing and based on Bob's personal finance, I think that is why they make some of the odd decisions that they do. They are essentially the LIV of OEMs trying to be a market disrupter. If I were going to be a lifestyle brand, I wouldn't be the dollar tree of lifestyles. Pick a real celebrity, write the check.

You obviously don’t understand bobs approach. You consider them odd because they aren’t what everyone else does. Bob isn’t trying to be everyone else. Bob also isn’t going to spend money on big names otherwise he would have tried to sign bigger names to club contracts. Not to mention there were some pros who were playing his clubs without contracts.

He doenst really have to pay anyone. Look at some of the celebrities that have pxg in the bag at pro am events. There have been some big names that have pxg clubs.

25 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

Don't manipulate club pricing like Rock Bottom Golf. No other OEM goes up and down weekly like they do with pricing. No other OEM charges $60 for shipping. No other OEM charges for normal shafts and grips.

No other oem ships in a larger than normal non shipping box. No other oem can change pricing weekly because they have to answer to shareholders and a board. Sales numbers and dollar figures are important to these brands and not to pxg. Yes other oems charge for normal shafts and normal grips. Some shafts are upcharge with some brands and no upcharge with others, it’s up to the brand to decide what’s their stock and what’s upcharge. Only titleist is offering the tensei 1k black at no upcharge and the other brands that offer it charge for it. Some brands offers recoil at no charge and other charge $15 or more. Some companies offer steelfiber at different prices for upcharge. Some grips cost more than others. Just look at TaylorMade and see what they offer for free and what their upcharge pricing is.

as for the changing prices it’s how a brand handles inventory control and if you pay attention the sales typically occur on the previous releases and the gen 5 don’t change that often unless they run a promo.

31 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

Nothing wrong with doing things differently if the results are better. I've yet so see the results other than some good sales occasionally which leads to reduced 2nd hand pricing which is great for people like me that wants to try them for a bargain. I've tried them and can't say they are any better than any other OEM.

This is the same for any brand. Some people are going to have better results with certain brands than others. I don’t get along with Callaway or cobra drivers and depending on the year tm may make a driver that doesn’t fit me. Doesn’t make any of them bad. The 0211 line is one of if not the best GI iron set on the market and comes at the best price. You get the high end part of pxg at an affordable price.

34 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

My thought is that if you are paying $145 for a PXG tee shirt, you aren't worried about the price ups and downs though.

This is where people fail to see what PXG has done. They came out as a high end brand that was for exclusivity and those that didn’t care about pricing. Then they decided to grow their customer base while maintaining a high end presence.

So you get the high end brand where money for quality isn’t a worry with their clothing and accessories and the 0311 line.

then you get budget friendly option with the 0211 line. 

At the end of the day if one doesn’t like the price, performance, look, or whatever of a product then don’t buy it. Bob found a way to make millions upon millions with a small self financed company and be somewhat disruptive to the industry 

1 hour ago, cardia10 said:

No other OEM charges $60 for shipping. No other OEM charges for normal shafts and grips. 

Just wanted to highlight that I got mine with the shaft and grip I wanted at no extra charge. Altho I did pick the PXG grip (fwiw it is quite nice) and shipping was included in the price. Maybe it is different in the US though?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

As for who they sponsor and not highlighting them. I actually don't mind that. Last big name was Reed and that didn't go well... but I respect the brands that just let the pros play their kit without any pushy endorsements or adverts. It is like the Brooks Mizuno JPX line. They created that line for him and he played them at his own free will, not because he was sponsored by them. As much as OEMs will pay tons to get big names into their gear I will always appreciate the players who are free agents and play those OEMs in their bags by their own free will and because they perform the best the most. Kinda goes with the MGS saying of Be Your Own Brand. 

I know several players who are using the pxg equipment and not because of promotions or commercials, but just because I notice it when watching golf. For as loud as PXG can be, I think letting the product speak for itself and do what it does goes a long ways. I will add that here in Europe I don't ever see any of the PXG ads that can be offputting for many and I was able to take advantage of the great deal on the club so that makes me happy! 

I like what they have done and hope they continue gaining traction in the golfing market!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW