TESTERS WANTED! ×

Did PXG raise the price of its Gen 5 driver?

G56788

Not to knock PXG specifically at all but paying for return shipping and restocking fees for online orders is going to be a reality for online consumers regardless if it's golf or clothes in the current economy. Retailers are losing money on this because of bulk online ordering to just return 80% of it. I just read an interesting article on this and I'll see if I can find it again. I don't know if Titleist, Callaway, Taylor made, or anyone else won't follow suit but I bet that becomes much more common going forward. These companies are following consumer trends remember, and they have margins to protect.

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Just wanted to highlight that I got mine with the shaft and grip I wanted at no extra charge. Altho I did pick the PXG grip (fwiw it is quite nice) and shipping was included in the price. Maybe it is different in the US though?

In the US, if you add a Dynamic Gold S300 shaft and a Golf Pride Tour Wrap Grip, you can add $69 per club and the shipping is an additional $60. 

People seem to get awfully angry here at observations. I honestly don't care. I like that I can buy their clubs at 70-90% of retail used to try them out. I'll let they first buyer take the bath on shafts and grips, I'll give them a try and pass them along for a deal to the next person. I love seeing boutique company excel, but with someone like Parsons who is a lot of bark and money behind it, it makes me look for the next small guy as he is a big fish trying to eat in the small pond. This old article seems to sum PXG up perfectly to me. A lot of hype,

https://mygolfspy.com/results-golf-equipment-brand-perception-one-word-survey/

Edited by cardia10

16 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

As for who they sponsor and not highlighting them. I actually don't mind that. Last big name was Reed and that didn't go well... but I respect the brands that just let the pros play their kit without any pushy endorsements or adverts. It is like the Brooks Mizuno JPX line. They created that line for him and he played them at his own free will, not because he was sponsored by them. As much as OEMs will pay tons to get big names into their gear I will always appreciate the players who are free agents and play those OEMs in their bags by their own free will and because they perform the best the most. Kinda goes with the MGS saying of Be Your Own Brand. 

I know several players who are using the pxg equipment and not because of promotions or commercials, but just because I notice it when watching golf. For as loud as PXG can be, I think letting the product speak for itself and do what it does goes a long ways. I will add that here in Europe I don't ever see any of the PXG ads that can be offputting for many and I was able to take advantage of the great deal on the club so that makes me happy! 

I like what they have done and hope they continue gaining traction in the golfing market!

They have several big names and lesser known names representing the brand.

Darius Rucker and Rob Riggle are pretty big names. Then they have had Anna Rawson as an ambassador quite sometime. For a year they had Paige Spiranac as an influencer and now have Karin Hart and some others. They don’t push the brand like you see from other influencers and ambassadors.

11 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

Not to knock PXG specifically at all but paying for return shipping and restocking fees for online orders is going to be a reality for online consumers regardless if it's golf or clothes in the current economy. Retailers are losing money on this because of bulk online ordering to just return 80% of it. I just read an interesting article on this and I'll see if I can find it again. I don't know if Titleist, Callaway, Taylor made, or anyone else won't follow suit but I bet that becomes much more common going forward. These companies are following consumer trends remember, and they have margins to protect.

Even before todays world restocking fees and paying for return shipping were pretty normal with many different brands. It’s an inventory control measure.

8 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

In the US, if you add a Dynamic Gold S300 shaft and a Golf Pride Tour Wrap Grip, you can add $69 per club and the shipping is an additional $60. 

People seem to get awfully angry here at observations. I honestly don't care. I like that I can buy their clubs at 70-90% of retail used to try them out. I'll let they first buyer take the bath on shafts and grips, I'll give them a try and pass them along for a deal to the next person. I love seeing boutique company excel, but with someone like Parsons who is a lot of bark and money behind it, it makes me look for the next small guy as he is a big fish trying to eat in the small pond. This old article seems to sum PXG up perfectly to me. A lot of hype,

If  choose s400 and pxg grip there’s no upcharge.

If I order px io shafts with TaylorMade and ndmc grips it’s $38.50 upcharge where as if I order that shaft from pxg it’s free. 
Again every company has upcharge and free shafts and upcharge and free grips. Just because pxg chose s300 to be an upcharge isn’t a problem. They offer mmt shafts for free while others charge for them.

nobody is getting angry, just pointing out flaws in the observation being made. You just don’t like people disagreeing with your observation and contentions

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

28 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

The results from this years one word survey should be out soon and I am very curious if those trends stay. I know it was discussed in another thread, but the "negative" words I found hard to select a brand for in many cases as did others. Hopefully we see that soon and will determine how PXG's brand perception has changed or remained much of the same!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The results from this years one word survey should be out soon and I am very curious if those trends stay. I know it was discussed in another thread, but the "negative" words I found hard to select a brand for in many cases as did others. Hopefully we see that soon and will determine how PXG's brand perception has changed or remained much of the same!

Totally agree. Always interesting to see how the perception changes over time. 

17 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

They have several big names and lesser known names representing the brand.

Darius Rucker and Rob Riggle are pretty big names. Then they have had Anna Rawson as an ambassador quite sometime. For a year they had Paige Spiranac as an influencer and now have Karin Hart and some others. They don’t push the brand like you see from other influencers and ambassadors.

Even before todays world restocking fees and paying for return shipping were pretty normal with many different brands. It’s an inventory control measure.

If  choose s400 and pxg grip there’s no upcharge.

If I order px io shafts with TaylorMade and ndmc grips it’s $38.50 upcharge where as if I order that shaft from pxg it’s free. 
Again every company has upcharge and free shafts and upcharge and free grips. Just because pxg chose s300 to be an upcharge isn’t a problem. They offer mmt shafts for free while others charge for them.

nobody is getting angry, just pointing out flaws in the observation being made. You just don’t like people disagreeing with your observation and contentions

I'm in the US and when I add a Project X shaft, it is $39 and the NDMC grip is out of stock but is showing $20. 

2 hours ago, cardia10 said:

I'm in the US and when I add a Project X shaft, it is $39 and the NDMC grip is out of stock but is showing $20. 

So other brands charge extra for certain grips and shafts. Shocker

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

3 hours ago, TylorJudd said:

Good return policies create more sales than expenses. If a product is not returned within 30 days of purchase, the odds of a return drop significantly. A restocking fee serves more as a disincentive for a return than it does to cover the costs should a return happen. But it works both ways: If a customer is unsure about a product, the potential cost of a return may deter them from purchasing the product in the first place, which is probably why restocking fees are not a common practice at the moment. Companies that are confident in the quality of their products generally do not discourage returns because they don’t expect them to happen. 

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

So other brands charge extra for certain grips and shafts. Shocker

Nope just 1, PXG. There are maybe 1 or 2 exceptions, but they charge for (at double to triple cost) for every off the rack option. I get not wanting to keep inventory or pushing people toward what you carry, but remember, you call yourself the premium brand, don't stick us with the back page of the golforks catalog as options. You know, kaboom, kapow and if you are taking your friends money, you need premium upgrades.

3 hours ago, Golfer56744 said:

Companies that are confident in the quality of their products generally do not discourage returns because they don’t expect them to happen

This is not the case for golf equipment. I can find no oem that offers the return of clubs that were bought NEW and returned USED for free. In fact Titleist and Taylormade will only accept a return if the product is returned in the same new condition. Once you hit it it is yours. PXG allows you to play the new clubs for 30 days then return them used for the cost of shipping and restocking fee. 

Im baffled at how this can be considered a negative thing. 

People keep trying to come up with new ways to bash PXG for some reason. 
First they were too expensive 

Then Bobs commercials are annoying

Then the 0211 line cheapens the brand

Now the sales happen too often, they charge for “upgrade options”, and they make you pay return shipping and a restocking fee for using news clubs for a month before returning them. 

Can’t wait to see what’s next SMH

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

7 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

This is not the case for golf equipment. I can find no oem that offers the return of clubs that were bought NEW and returned USED for free. In fact Titleist and Taylormade will only accept a return if the product is returned in the same new condition. Once you hit it it is yours. PXG allows you to play the new clubs for 30 days then return them used for the cost of shipping and restocking fee. 

I wasn’t talking about the specific return policies, I was talking about the restocking fees. Let’s say someone buys a new club as a Christmas gift, but it’s not the one the recipient asked for. The club is never hit. If it’s a major OEM brand, he can return it for a full refund and get what he wants. If it’s a PXG, he takes a 10% hit for a club PXG can just turnaround and sell again. 

PXG and other direct-to-consumer brands have to offer a used club return policy as a way for new customers to demo their products. Major OEMs don’t have to do that because you can demo their clubs before purchase virtually anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Golfer56744 said:

I wasn’t talking about the specific return policies, I was talking about the restocking fees. Let’s say someone buys a new club as a Christmas gift, but it’s not the one the recipient asked for. The club is never hit. If it’s a major OEM brand, he can return it for a full refund and get what he wants. If it’s a PXG, he takes a 10% hit for a club PXG can just turnaround and sell again. 

PXG and other direct-to-consumer brands have to offer a used club return policy as a way for new customers to demo their products. Major OEMs don’t have to do that because you can demo their clubs before purchase virtually anywhere. 

Please look at what I quoted out of your post.  You talk about companies that are confident in the quality of their product not discouraging returns then talk about them taking returns of new clubs. If they were that confident they should accept returns of used clubs. The return you are talking about has nothing to do with quality of the item but the wrong item all together. There is a difference.  

PXG’s return policy allows for used clubs but I talked to a PXG costumer service agent today who said they would exchange the new unhit club for the correct one(no shipping charge) or different one minus shipping charges with no restocking fee as long as it’s purchased through their website or a fitting center. 

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

43 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Please look at what I quoted out of your post.  You talk about companies that are confident in the quality of their product not discouraging returns then talk about them taking returns of new clubs. If they were that confident they should accept returns of used clubs. The return you are talking about has nothing to do with quality of the item but the wrong item all together. There is a difference.  

PXG’s return policy allows for used clubs but I talked to a PXG costumer service agent today who said they would exchange the new unhit club for the correct one(no shipping charge) or different one minus shipping charges with no restocking fee as long as it’s purchased through their website or a fitting center. 

My point was that anything less than a full refund deters returns, which helps the seller, not the customer. Under the example you provided, the buyer is out money (shipping or restocking) for a return or exchange with a new PXG club. 

Are you calling PXG customer service for information to defend them on this thread? They should put you on the payroll or at least offer you a free hat or something. 

4 hours ago, cardia10 said:

Nope just 1, PXG. There are maybe 1 or 2 exceptions, but they charge for (at double to triple cost) for every off the rack option. I get not wanting to keep inventory or pushing people toward what you carry, but remember, you call yourself the premium brand, don't stick us with the back page of the golforks catalog as options. You know, kaboom, kapow and if you are taking your friends money, you need premium upgrades.

Every brand charges extra for shafts that aren’t in their no upcharge stock offerings.  They also charge extra for grips that they don’t offer at no upcharge. Ndmc grips from most brands run between $7 and $11

Here’s just a couple examples from Callaway and Titleist. Maybe after this you will realize it’s not just pxg that charges extra and it common throughout the industry 

48137FFA-975F-4E24-8A1A-75CEB7BBA04F.jpeg

5F8F5327-9442-4CB4-832D-2B72302BE884.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Golfer56744 said:

My point was that anything less than a full refund deters returns, which helps the seller, not the customer. Under the example you provided, the buyer is out money (shipping or restocking) for a return or exchange with a new PXG club. 

Are you calling PXG customer service for information to defend them on this thread? They should put you on the payroll or at least offer you a free hat or something. 

It affects the retailer to accept returns because they now  have to restock the item, use storage space for the item and so on.

Returning a used product rarely is allowed by any company in any industry. Order a short form a company and it usually stages returns are accepted as long as the package is unopened, unused, tags haven’t been removed.

Why is to wrong for someone to call a company to ask their policy for his own knowledge or to make sure he has the correct information he is posting on a forum? Just because you don’t like having your opinion disputed and in this case proven to be incorrect the poster doenst have to be added to payroll.

I am not a fan of Callaway but I don’t let that bias get in the way of disputing false information about them or their product.

so many have issues with pxg or parsons that make arguments that make no sense and continue to argue their stance despite being proven wrong 

50 minutes ago, Golfer56744 said:

Not that it matters but I called them to talk about a divot tool and ball mark for a Christmas gift and the possibility of having it engraved. Didn’t get an answer as the agent didn’t know so I asked about the new club exchange. 

Since you seem to think OEMs should offer free returns and cover everything, please explain why. Why should they eat shipping costs and the cost to restock the item. And I don’t wanna hear it’s good business because it isn’t.  

Really it was incredible to see the 0211 products go for as low as they did are still are. 

I haven't given mine a fair shake yet, but kinda a no brainer to even test out and try at the very least.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

12 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Every brand charges extra for shafts that aren’t in their no upcharge stock offerings.  They also charge extra for grips that they don’t offer at no upcharge. Ndmc grips from most brands run between $7 and $11

Here’s just a couple examples from Callaway and Titleist. Maybe after this you will realize it’s not just pxg that charges extra and it common throughout the industry 

48137FFA-975F-4E24-8A1A-75CEB7BBA04F.jpeg

5F8F5327-9442-4CB4-832D-2B72302BE884.jpeg

I agree, most retailers offer different stock offerings. PXG just offers significantly less at significantly higher prices. If you look at some of my earlier comments, I mention NDMC upcharges of $10-12 with a lot of brands, but PXG is $30? I know they aren't buying them from golf works at retail for 12 then charging triple. If they don't want to offer then, then don't list them. Up charging them by triple of what other OEMs do seem a little scammy as my kids would say. I guess I'll concede that the black fancy box is worth $60 ....never. To me, PXG is a step above components as it is easier to buy the heads only to get what you want. I'm on the site now "only $199 per club when you buy 5 or more." Lets add 5 to the cart with the same shafts and grips that are free on Callaway's website. 7 clubs including shipping , $1,936. I feel like I'm in the finance office at a used car dealership. I somehow went from $1,400 to $1,936 where there would have been no extra charges from another brand OEM. I'm not sure what the disagreement here is as I'm stating a fact. PXG upcharges for some items others don't and the items that others upcharge for, PXG charges triple in some cases for the same item. I'm on Callaway's site now and Nippon shaft upgrade is $9 cheaper and NDMC grip upgrade is $24 cheaper per club. $231 per set savings. Some people may say PXG has a $231 value greater than Callaway. After hitting them personally, I don't. We won't even get into resell as then it gets really out of balance. 

Edited by cardia10

45 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

I know they aren't buying them from golf works at retail for 12 then charging triple. If they don't want to offer then, then don't list them. Up charging them by triple of what other OEMs do seem a little scammy as my kids would say

You are ignoring the reason that they charge that price. First they have their own grip which comes at no upcharge. They want people in this grip so by pricing other grips at a higher cost people that don’t want to spend $30 for the GP grip are going to choose the PXG grip. TM does similar and have their grip and a few others at no cost. The more in demand grips get the upcharge fee. This is pretty standard in most industries where higher demand products cost more.

Second GP had a huge issue with supply the last two years and were a leading cause for delays in fulfilling orders. So how does a brand keep stock and make it easier to fill orders, charge more for the product that is in short supply so that when a customer does choose to order it they can fulfill the order in time. Bob did a good job of ordering inventory before the pandemic and while many brands were stuck with backorders of 2-3 months pxg was filling orders and getting them out in 2 weeks.

Its not scammy it’s good business 

53 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

I'm not sure what the disagreement here is as I'm stating a fact. PXG upcharges for some items others don't and the items that others upcharge for, PXG charges triple in some cases for the same item.

The disagreement is you think pxg should offer the same shafts at no cost that other brands do and are made that they don’t. I wish titleist would charge $250 for the ventus velocore shafts like other brands do but they don’t and charge $345. I wish some brands would offer the the Aldila rogue white 130 msi shaft in woods at no upcharge like Ping, Callaway and Srixon but they don’t. I wish Nippon shafts were no upcharge on all brands but they aren’t.

What shafts a brand decides to offer at no charge is up to that brand and what they are willing to pay the shaft manufacturer or what the shaft manufacturer is willing to sacrifice to get a shaft into the hands of the consumer. Ping has one of the smallest shaft matrixes of all brands on the market and usually charges the high end of upcharge for their non stock shafts.

Theres no right or wrong on what shafts a brand chooses to have for free or offer at an upcharge

30 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You are ignoring the reason that they charge that price. First they have their own grip which comes at no upcharge. They want people in this grip so by pricing other grips at a higher cost people that don’t want to spend $30 for the GP grip are going to choose the PXG grip. TM does similar and have their grip and a few others at no cost. The more in demand grips get the upcharge fee. This is pretty standard in most industries where higher demand products cost more.

Second GP had a huge issue with supply the last two years and were a leading cause for delays in fulfilling orders. So how does a brand keep stock and make it easier to fill orders, charge more for the product that is in short supply so that when a customer does choose to order it they can fulfill the order in time. Bob did a good job of ordering inventory before the pandemic and while many brands were stuck with backorders of 2-3 months pxg was filling orders and getting them out in 2 weeks.

Its not scammy it’s good business 

If Bob did such a good job ordering, why does he charge $30 for a NDMC while Taylor Made charges $6? If I'm paying a premium for the self proclaimed premium brand, I expect premium parts to come with it. I think that is why we see resell so low as so many people buy stock online and they are ill fitting so they get dumped. Again, good for me because I get to try them cheap but it has to sting for the people that paid full asking price when they get cut in half a week later because of poor inventory control.

On 11/10/2022 at 2:50 PM, Golfer56744 said:

PXG currently lists its Gen 5 drivers for $599. Am I going crazy or was the previous non-sale, regular price $499? They can do what they want, but I have just never seen a golf club company do that before. 

"Nobody (sells) clubs like we do... period."

Edited by golfmule

1 hour ago, cardia10 said:

If Bob did such a good job ordering, why does he charge $30 for a NDMC while Taylor Made charges $6? If I'm paying a premium for the self proclaimed premium brand, I expect premium parts to come with it. I think that is why we see resell so low as so many people buy stock online and they are ill fitting so they get dumped. Again, good for me because I get to try them cheap but it has to sting for the people that paid full asking price when they get cut in half a week later because of poor inventory control.

How many times do you want me to explain the purpose for the pricing before you grasp the concept?

We know your aren’t going to accept that is their premium offering and that he charges more for those grips. 

It has no sting for then people who paid more for club before a sale, no different than someone buying an appliance on Friday and then Monday the store they bought it from has a sale or the manufacturer has a discount. 

i personally bought gen3 irons and two days after my order was placed and paid for they went on sale. Didn’t bother me and doesn’t bother most people because when the purchase was made the price was what we were willing to pay for the product at the time it was made. What happens after it’s irrelevant to me and others because it’s out of our control. It’s those who always feel slighted or the victim that have issues when something they purchase at the price they thought was fair and presented a good value for the purchase that are upset at sales after the fact.

but honestly I’m done debating and going in circles because pxg does the same thing other brands do and charge extra for shafts and grips that they choose to while offering other shafts and grips at no cost. Every brand is free to set they stock shafts and grips and what’s upcharge shafts and grips they offer, while also choosing what manufacturers they want to carry or not. Every brand isn’t required nor do they choose to have the same shaft and grip matrix 

Yeah, no point in going in circles...just assumed the "premium" brand as self proclaimed wouldn't focus on nickel and diming consumers and provide the most premium product. Guess that plan went out the window a couple years ago when they realized only a handful of people were buying $3,000 sets of irons so they came up with a cheaper version to market to the masses. They can market it any way they want, but it was a survival effort by offering clubs for the masses. When testing shows that their quality is above others, I'd consider paying retail, but I'll stick to used for 75% off for now. I'll put on my own $12 NDMC grips, they can keep theirs.

57 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

Yeah, no point in going in circles...just assumed the "premium" brand as self proclaimed wouldn't focus on nickel and diming consumers and provide the most premium product. Guess that plan went out the window a couple years ago when they realized only a handful of people were buying $3,000 sets of irons so they came up with a cheaper version to market to the masses. They can market it any way they want, but it was a survival effort by offering clubs for the masses. When testing shows that their quality is above others, I'd consider paying retail, but I'll stick to used for 75% off for now. I'll put on my own $12 NDMC grips, they can keep theirs.

Premium produces cost money that’s what makes them premium. Not sure you grasp that concept.

You also unfortunately are living in reality not does it appear that you listened to any of the podcasts with Bob that mgs did to hear his take on the business and lack the inside into his approach. As per of the premium offering and exclusivity they made the majority of their money back on their initial investment they they high end pricing. I had the luxury of meeting the sales rep for my area who was our from hq. She let us know that they had private jet after private jet land at the airport near their hq. These guys were flying in to do an fitting, paid the expedited fee to have the club made same Day and flew back out with their clubs.

Yes the initial approach was to have a customer base who wasn’t worried about pricing for a quality product. It’s no different than miura or many other jdm brands. They are a niche brand and those who want quality will pay for it. I currently have a set of miura, owned a set previous as well owned 2 sets of pxg. I also have a set of Sub70 and have had other less than premium sets and am not in the 1%. 

If you listen to the podcasts with Bob you will learn that after their initial investment to startup the company was paid off he lowered the price on 0311 offerings as a way to give back to the customers for their support.

PXG still has the premium line with the 0311 that hasn’t changed. He expanded his reach and customer base by introducing the 0211 line which holds true to the approach of quality product but he’s offering form those who don’t want to pay the 0311 price. He’s also the only brand that is selling previous Gen modes for those who want the premium iron but not the latest edition at the higher price.

Not sure what I wasted my time explaining all that because im sure you will still think that pxg is ripping you and others off by charging more for the products they decided that they didn’t want to be free just like every brand does, and you will be upset a premium brand charges premium prices 

6 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Premium produces cost money that’s what makes them premium. Not sure you grasp that concept.

You also unfortunately are living in reality not does it appear that you listened to any of the podcasts with Bob that mgs did to hear his take on the business and lack the inside into his approach. As per of the premium offering and exclusivity they made the majority of their money back on their initial investment they they high end pricing. I had the luxury of meeting the sales rep for my area who was our from hq. She let us know that they had private jet after private jet land at the airport near their hq. These guys were flying in to do an fitting, paid the expedited fee to have the club made same Day and flew back out with their clubs.

Yes the initial approach was to have a customer base who wasn’t worried about pricing for a quality product. It’s no different than miura or many other jdm brands. They are a niche brand and those who want quality will pay for it. I currently have a set of miura, owned a set previous as well owned 2 sets of pxg. I also have a set of Sub70 and have had other less than premium sets and am not in the 1%. 

If you listen to the podcasts with Bob you will learn that after their initial investment to startup the company was paid off he lowered the price on 0311 offerings as a way to give back to the customers for their support.

PXG still has the premium line with the 0311 that hasn’t changed. He expanded his reach and customer base by introducing the 0211 line which holds true to the approach of quality product but he’s offering form those who don’t want to pay the 0311 price. He’s also the only brand that is selling previous Gen modes for those who want the premium iron but not the latest edition at the higher price.

Not sure what I wasted my time explaining all that because im sure you will still think that pxg is ripping you and others off by charging more for the products they decided that they didn’t want to be free just like every brand does, and you will be upset a premium brand charges premium prices 

Truly the explanation is appreciated as you know much more about their model than me. I'm still confused by it, but people with lots of money do things I never fully understand. I'm curious to see long term how sustainable the model is and if consumers continue to move to it. Just got back from Japan and PXG was never seen in a golf shop there and they seek out the most premium available. I did see some $30,000 Camerons that can be had here for around 5K but that is a whole other story!

• 3 weeks later...

PXG has the new 0211 right now for $260 CAD with some pretty decent no charge shaft options in their matrix. This seems like a really great value bang for your buck. Seems pretty incredible for them to make this offering as it seems like a thank you to some and extending a hand for others to try their brand and get in. Honestly, for $260 it's probably worth it because youre not getting a used G425, Rogue ST Max, Stealth, TSi/TSR, or LTDx anywhere close to that price. Ya the 0211 isn't quite the premium top dog in their own lineup but man, you have to ask yourself, is $500 worth 5 yards?

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

On 12/17/2022 at 9:11 AM, TylorJudd said:

PXG has the new 0211 right now for $260 CAD with some pretty decent no charge shaft options in their matrix. This seems like a really great value bang for your buck. Seems pretty incredible for them to make this offering as it seems like a thank you to some and extending a hand for others to try their brand and get in. Honestly, for $260 it's probably worth it because youre not getting a used G425, Rogue ST Max, Stealth, TSi/TSR, or LTDx anywhere close to that price. Ya the 0211 isn't quite the premium top dog in their own lineup but man, you have to ask yourself, is $500 worth 5 yards?

I grabbed the Gen 5 0811 XF for US $299 for this very reason - big, pretty, forgiving driver, brand-new, shaft I wanted (no upcharge) - seemed like a no-brainer.  The 0211 at the time, I believe, was $249 - by all accounts, it's a hell of a driver, but felt like the $50 was well worth it.  

And for what it's worth, I'm LOVING it on the course. 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track