Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

MGS Forum Member Virtual TURKEY SHOOT - 2 Person Best Ball

Message added by GolfSpy TCB,

image.png

Thank you for setting this up and counting all the scores. It is always fun have more of a reason to play golf. It was awesome it worked out (for Me) that I was in AZ for Thanksgiving week and was able to get 3 rounds in. 

Great work everyone and looking forward to more of these types of events. 

Congrats everyone

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

Totally agree with all of the above - such a great idea.  Let's definitely plan on doing more of this type of thing?  Mods?  What say ye?

Also, my drive of 292 never got logged into the sheet - HOW DARE YOU NOT ACKNOWLEDGE MY (counting...) THIRD-BEST DISTANCE?!?! 😉  I was VERY proud of that drive, to be fair.  I knew it wouldn't be enough, but goldarn it was a thing of beauty.

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

12 hours ago, Samsonite said:

Totally agree with all of the above - such a great idea.  Let's definitely plan on doing more of this type of thing?  Mods?  What say ye?

Also, my drive of 292 never got logged into the sheet - HOW DARE YOU NOT ACKNOWLEDGE MY (counting...) THIRD-BEST DISTANCE?!?! 😉  I was VERY proud of that drive, to be fair.  I knew it wouldn't be enough, but goldarn it was a thing of beauty.

Rectified and officially Acknowledged 🙂 

Nice Drive Samsonite!!!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

On 11/28/2022 at 8:55 AM, Golfspy_TCB said:

image.png

Even though the weather was a challenge for many of us...

The 1st Annual MYGOLFSPY FORUM MEMBER Virtual Turkey Shoot Best Ball was a success.  

We were able to build 11 individual teams and I know I had a blast with it - I hope all of you did as well.  I'm looking forward to running more events like this in the future, along with the Weekly Virtual Championship Tournament for individual scoring.  While not perfect, I think the Best Ball format worked fairly well and hopefully brought some members together that may not have interacted before 🙂 .  

Some GREAT scoring over the last week+ and some SIGNIFICANT Ham and Egg play between members.  That is what a Best Ball is all about!!

Low Net Best Ball

image.png

Team - FoznFish ( @fozcycle and @JFish350) LIT IT UP - combining their scores to post Net 13 Under (-13) Par to claim the Turkey Shoot Low Net Best Ball Title by 3 strokes!!  Congratulations to both, and enjoy your Low Net Turkey Shoot Badges for the next few weeks on your profile.  Team - Gravy Train and Team - Give Us The Bird also had strong partner performances with their Net 10 under (-10) scores - and a tie for 2nd place.

Low Gross Best Ball

image.png

Team Feast Mode ( @Golf2Much and @Golfspy_TCB) took advantage of two strong rounds to bring home the Low Gross Best Ball at 4 Under Par (-4), and claiming the 1st Place finish by 3 strokes gross.   Team Feast Mode will sport the Turkey Shoot Low Gross badge on their profiles!  Also posting strong gross scores were Team - FoznFish ( @fozcycle & @JFish350) and Team - Las Persona Mayores ( @fixyurdivot & @Kenny B). 

Most Team Net Birdies or Better

image.png

Three teams tied for Most Net Birdies or Better with 11.  

Longest Team Drive

image.png

It is always great to have a good partner, and especially one that can BOMB IT!  Team - A Good Stuffing ( @Mr. Mushball & @JFish350) recorded a mind boggling drive of 343 yards to lap the field by 29 yards - and to take the title of Team Long Drive in the Turkey Shoot Best Ball Tourney. 

Congratulations to all the winners and thank you to all who took the time to post your hole by hole scores, and take part in this fun event.  MORE TO COME.  

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

This was an awesome event - thank you @Golfspy_TCB for all your work in the background putting this together. Can a Grinch Classic be on the horizon 😍

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

This was an awesome event - thank you @Golfspy_TCB for mall your work in the background putting this together. Can a Grinch Classic be on the horizon 😍

ooooh I like that Tony!!!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1