Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The Haney Project 2012

RoverRick

This is now the third week of the forth season of this show, and quite honestly I was waiting to see if there was any reason to start a thread about this show. IMO, other than to comment about how bad Barkley was, or how dedicated Limbaugh was or obnoxious depending on your political view, or how inept Ramano was it was not worth the effort.

This season, there are four participants. Sugar Ray Leonard, Mario Some Cooking Dude from NYC, Adam Lavine from the Vioce and Maroon 5, and Angie Everheart.

Sugar Ray, does not use his hands,

Mario, comes over the top and slices.

Angie Everheart , has been playing since she was 5 but is a 30 handicap. she has poor posture does not turn properly.

Adam Levine, is a beginner.

It appears that every other show they focus on two of the four. This week was Adam and Angie.

Adam this week was given a lesson and then custom fit for clubs. Taylormade for some reason.:D

He has a R11s and then RBZ 3 wood, 2 hybrids, RBZ Irons, 3 TM wedges and a Rosta ghost putter. Oh yeah, I am sure it was just a coincedence but he happened to be wearing Adidas everything.

Angie was given a lesson on posture and shoulder turn. But Hank did tell her the proper sequence to setting up to the ball. This was new to her.

There appears to be some golf information passed on occasionally, Unlike previous shows.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

• 3 weeks later...

Actually I find that the whole Crocs Golf sponsorship and Mario wearing his Crocs everywhere including on his Vespa jaunts around NYC to be hilarious.

Edit: I did actually look up the Crocs Golf shoes and they didn't make me instantly cringe. Still $100 to have a pair of Crocs just seems wrong...

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

• SPY VIP

Shortly before this season's episodes started airing, Adam was out at the Kingdom for a full fitting. TM Promoted it just a little bit.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I have watched this show several times and while they spend considerably more time focusing on the relationship building between Hank and whomever, they do manage to squeeze one, maybe two, golf tips inot the half hour of nothing. Of course, like all reality TV they treat us like we have the attention span of a gnat. They spend, 8 minutes of commercials, 10 minutes showing what has happened in previous shows, 5 minutes telling you what you are about to see, leaving about 7 minutes to squeeze two 30 second golf tips in.

This weeks tip was faster hands swing. I will say that I have slowed my body swing down and the ball has been going much further. Obviously, my hands are going faster, which was the goal , but in order to achieve it I had to focus on the body.

Hank gave me the best chipping tip anyone has ever given me... use a reverse overlap grip to eliminate my overactive hands. Now my chips get on the putting surface quicker and roll more true. Awesome. B)

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Hank gave me the best chipping tip anyone has ever given me... use a reverse overlap grip to eliminate my overactive hands. Now my chips get on the putting surface quicker and roll more true. Awesome. B)

This winter with the soggy ground I had developed a wrist flip problem chipping so I tired that, I think I even posted a comment about it no this site, but that really helped me get over it. I do not do that now and do not have the problem any more but it does work.

I watched Ray Floyd on the Golf Channel when he talked about "Putting with Loft" making a putting stroke with an iron kind of toe down. and that has really improved my short game. I had gotten to where I would putt from 20 yards off of the green (a drought and not much grass helps) because I could not trust my chipping, and was also chipping with a hybrid, but now I am "putting with loft." We also have grass again and you can no longer putt from off the green.

Archived