Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

Grafalloy Prolaunch red

ninjacobra

i saw many threads on the prolaunch red on other golf forums but i alws take it with a grain of salt as everyone on that forum has swing speeds over 120 and hit it 330 yards and what not.

i want to put try this shaft in my driver and its currently pretty cheap on fleabay, cus i thk of the new prolaunch red with the "speedcoat". so id jst like to ask any of u guys had experience with this shaft and what u guys thought abt it as a shaft for penetrating trajectory with less spin.

thks

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

I used this shaft a while back in a Nickent 4dx driver, and was not a fan. It was labelled as stiff, and I typically play stiff shafts, but I have never felt a shaft that was so "boardy". I never play very expensive shafts, and I have used cheap shafts that I like, but this one was cheap and felt cheap, if that makes any sense.

I don't have numbers to go on, but in terms of performance it wasn't terrible. It definitely kept the flight down, and seemed to get good rollout so spin must have been reasonably low. Despite this I have nothing but bad memories of the Prolaunch red because of the feel.

As an alternative I have played a UST Proforce Axivcore Red in a J33R for a few seasons, and that is a fantastic shaft. I consistently get a nice med/low trajectory and tons of roll. I also got it very cheap on the bay, although you may have to look around a bit. The feel of this shaft is infinitely better than the Prolaunch and performs very well.

WITB

Driver: Calloway Diablo Octane Tour, UST VTS Silver

Hybrids: 16* Taylormade RBZ Tour 16*, 21* TEE XCG-3

Irons: Adams CB1 4-PW, KBS C Taper Lite S

Wedges: Nike VR Pro Forged 52*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG3

Grips: Lamkin Crossline Midsize

Ball: Whatever I find, prefer Bridgestone

I used this shaft a while back in a Nickent 4dx driver, and was not a fan. It was labelled as stiff, and I typically play stiff shafts, but I have never felt a shaft that was so "boardy". I never play very expensive shafts, and I have used cheap shafts that I like, but this one was cheap and felt cheap, if that makes any sense.

I don't have numbers to go on, but in terms of performance it wasn't terrible. It definitely kept the flight down, and seemed to get good rollout so spin must have been reasonably low. Despite this I have nothing but bad memories of the Prolaunch red because of the feel.

As an alternative I have played a UST Proforce Axivcore Red in a J33R for a few seasons, and that is a fantastic shaft. I consistently get a nice med/low trajectory and tons of roll. I also got it very cheap on the bay, although you may have to look around a bit. The feel of this shaft is infinitely better than the Prolaunch and performs very well.

thanks yeah can never take the other forums seriously, they were comparing this shaft to a whiteboard lmao

Adams Dhy 18*

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

• SPY VIP

thanks yeah can never take the other forums seriously, they were comparing this shaft to a whiteboard lmao

I'd be inclined to call the ProLaunch Red a poor man's whiteboard. There's no real comparison where feel is concerned, but with respect to keeping the ball down, and keeping spin numbers in check there are fair comparisons to be drawn.

Haven't played the Avixcore red myself, so I can't speak to that. The newer ProForce VTS is another reasonably priced option (not sure what they go for on the 'bay. It should launch lower than the AvixCore, and depending on weight either a silver or black will match the red on spin rate.

Worth pointing out, at standard weights (65 & 75 grams) UST considers the Avixcore a mid-launch, mid-spin shaft.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

that sounds like a pretty good option the VTS Black shaft

6530 Black 6 6S 67 g 3.0 Medium 0.615 " 270 7.4 27 4.0" 0.335 " 46 "

the torque doesn seem way high like some other med launch shafts. im actually looking to put the shaft in a G15 head the stock serrano just seems to be spinning the ball too much but because thats my back up driver i dont want to spend too much on it

im also thinkg of whether to put an NV pink in it since itll make it look "bubba"

Adams Dhy 18*

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

• 2 weeks later...

If you profile the ProLaunch Red, you see, that it's almost one flex firmer compared to other shafts. It launches low and feels like rebar to most players. I would stay away from it, if you can't demo the shaft.

A decent low launching option would be the VTS series. The black has a 3 degree torque rating, but feels very stable. Another option definitely is the Harrison Mugen Proto Blue. Not super cheap, but not Diamana expensive either.

Regards

Michael

quite like a choices

consensus seems to be PL red is not a nice feeling shaft. looking for sth 100 or sub 100 to put into the back up club

Adams Dhy 18*

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

i saw many threads on the prolaunch red on other golf forums but i alws take it with a grain of salt as everyone on that forum has swing speeds over 120 and hit it 330 yards and what not.

i want to put try this shaft in my driver and its currently pretty cheap on fleabay, cus i thk of the new prolaunch red with the "speedcoat". so id jst like to ask any of u guys had experience with this shaft and what u guys thought abt it as a shaft for penetrating trajectory with less spin.

thks

A few years ago I had my beloved driver break during a tournament. That evening I was desperately demoing everything on the shelf and the club that felt best was ballooning some drives. The ONLY option I had was the ProLaunch Red. It did solve the problem and I played with that driver and was quite happy with it. I have very little "feel" for what the shaft/clubhead is doing, so I tend to select clubs/shafts based only upon ballflight and LM data, so I can't tell you what it felt like, but it performed quite well for what I asked it to do. Since I have not been posting at "that other site" my SS is down to 105(I know, just a few dozen posts and I will be back to Tiger/Bubba territory) and I tend to average around 270. However, early the next year, the ProLaunch (and the driver head) failed to survive a 300+ yr old oak tree turning my favorite car into a pancake. It does shatter beautifully. :lol:

A few years ago I had my beloved driver break during a tournament. That evening I was desperately demoing everything on the shelf and the club that felt best was ballooning some drives. The ONLY option I had was the ProLaunch Red. It did solve the problem and I played with that driver and was quite happy with it. I have very little "feel" for what the shaft/clubhead is doing, so I tend to select clubs/shafts based only upon ballflight and LM data, so I can't tell you what it felt like, but it performed quite well for what I asked it to do. Since I have not been posting at "that other site" my SS is down to 105(I know, just a few dozen posts and I will be back to Tiger/Bubba territory) and I tend to average around 270. However, early the next year, the ProLaunch (and the driver head) failed to survive a 300+ yr old oak tree turning my favorite car into a pancake. It does shatter beautifully. :lol:

wow the oaktree itself shd be a whole story phana.

have u ever hit a Px 6.0 or other Px stiff shafts in a wood? would u say it "feels" similiar even tho ur not a feel player?

im really caught between 2 minds right now whether to put a Nv 65 pink in there as a "toy" ard the house that resembles bubbas driver or seriously put a low launch low spin shaft in the g15 as a serious back up gamer/spare driver

Adams Dhy 18*

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

wow the oaktree itself shd be a whole story phana.

have u ever hit a Px 6.0 or other Px stiff shafts in a wood? would u say it "feels" similiar even tho ur not a feel player?

im really caught between 2 minds right now whether to put a Nv 65 pink in there as a "toy" ard the house that resembles bubbas driver or seriously put a low launch low spin shaft in the g15 as a serious back up gamer/spare driver

Not sure to be honest. When I went to replace the driver, I hit so many shafts I could not begin to remember. I ended up with Fubuki Alpha 73 gm stiff on an R-9 Super-Deep. The one thing I learned was how much difference a shaft could make on spin rates and angle of descent. The angle of descent really comes into play when you play later in the day, and the fairways begin to harden up. That 270 drive in the early am that does not quite make the dogleg cut can run forever and get 300-310.

I recently picked up a Callaway FT-iz driver that had a Project X 5.0 graphite shaft in it.....WOW! I am really impressed with the feel and trajectory off the club. IMHO, I do believe that Project X shafts are the Bomb!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I recently picked up a Callaway FT-iz driver that had a Project X 5.0 graphite shaft in it.....WOW! I am really impressed with the feel and trajectory off the club. IMHO, I do believe that Project X shafts are the Bomb!

i did try the PX 6.0 for a bit in my old driver the feel was pretty good i was interested in the 7c3 for a week but i did a 360 and went to do somthing completely crazy and more club hoing despite jst getting an R11 for less than a month. i will mention that in a different thread. :)

Adams Dhy 18*

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

Ninjacobra, I play the PX 6.5 in my Cleveland DST Launcher Tour & Razr Hawk Tour & I love it...I have never had a "numbers" fitting, going only on feel & ball flight..The Razr Hawk is currently in my bag though I just got a TM RBZ TP w/ the "authentic" Matrix Ozik Xcon 6.1(X) & I'm going to play it this week & see how she flies..Anyway, give the PX a shot, excellent shaft..The best...Fairways & Greens 4ever....

yo RP, yes i do love the feel of the Px when i was playing the 6.0 in my Nike Driver. i was going to get a 7c3 for ard 200 dollars and then pay another 50 bucks to get it installed. then i saw at the local store there was a lightly used Superfast 2.0 TP with the Matrix Ozik Hd 6 for 205 needless to say i went on and club ho despite jst geeting an R11 less than a month ago. havent taken it to the course or range yet. but knowing that the superfast is a hotter face than the R11 im pretty exciting to play this club on courses that needs more carry than roll.

Adams Dhy 18*

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

Archived