TESTERS WANTED! ×

Last night's wacky prices on Golf Bids

ceogolfbids

Last night we sold an:

R11s Driver for $12.02

Dozen Pro V1xs for $.09

RBZ fairway wood for $4.87

Vokey SM4 wedge for $2.23

What are you waiting for get in the Game!

I f you want to suggest an item for auction email it to

customerservice@golfbids.net

also follow us on Twitter @golfbids1

PS I'm a terrible typist as you can see I can't even get out name right:)

Best regards,

Richard Madison

CEO/President

Golf Bids

www.golfbids.net

I do not understand the concept of the site, maybe you can explain it so that someone of limited intelligence, like myself..;>, can understand the concept behind it.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

$12.02 = 1202 bids at $0.50. That driver got them $601 from all the bidders in total. These auctions are usually a great deal for the seller.

It's true, these sites are GENIUS for the seller, they are sometimes getting 2-3X what they pay for the product. That being said, you CAN get good deals from these sites, if you know what you are doing.

John, the way it works is, you purchase bids for $.50/each. Each time you bid on a product, it goes up by $.01. The other night, a Ping I20 sold for $2.13, which equals 213 bids, which in turn equals a net of $106.50.....not a great deal for the seller. If you were the person that put in the bid to get it to $2.13, and it was your only bid, then you just bought yourself a Ping I20 for a whopping total of $2.43 plus $20 shipping, thats a great deal.

$12.02 = 1202 bids at $0.50. That driver got them $601 from all the bidders in total. These auctions are usually a great deal for the seller.

true but any bidder can buy the item at the end and get their bid $$ back. So no downside from buying retail and a lot of fun and opportunity for great savings

Best regards,

Richard Madison

CEO/President

Golf Bids

www.golfbids.net

I do not understand the concept of the site, maybe you can explain it so that someone of limited intelligence, like myself..;>, can understand the concept behind it.

"John, the way it works is, you purchase bids for $.50/each. Each time you bid on a product, it goes up by $.01. The other night, a Ping I20 sold for $2.13, which equals 213 bids, which in turn equals a net of $106.50.....not a great deal for the seller. If you were the person that put in the bid to get it to $2.13, and it was your only bid, then you just bought yourself a Ping I20 for a whopping total of $2.43 plus $20 shipping, thats a great deal. "

Best regards,

Richard Madison

CEO/President

Golf Bids

www.golfbids.net

Yeah, I get it. You're probably selling these clubs at a low price to be nice to golfers in need of new equipment. This type of auction is only profitable if the activity is high and the bids keep coming. Yes, someone walks away with a great deal. If they're lucky. If you don't win anything - which is what happens to most of the bidders - you've spent money on nothing.

Yeah, I get it. You're probably selling these clubs at a low price to be nice to golfers in need of new equipment. This type of auction is only profitable if the activity is high and the bids keep coming. Yes, someone walks away with a great deal. If they're lucky. If you don't win anything - which is what happens to most of the bidders - you've spent money on nothing.

There were literally only 6 other people bidding when I won. I've already received confirmation from Richard (ceogolfbids) of my R11s.

I was on that site tonight just to observe the bidding process in the final minutes. I was amazed that the bidding stopped when it did. All I can figure is the other bidders must have been waiting on each other to make another bid, and no one did. Good bidding WD. Nice catch.

I was on that site tonight just to observe the bidding process in the final minutes. I was amazed that the bidding stopped when it did. All I can figure is the other bidders must have been waiting on each other to make another bid, and no one did. Good bidding WD. Nice catch.

Thanks, I have a feel I'm not going to get much sleep tonight, my heart is beating too fast!

Not true at anytime you can buy the product and get your bid money on that auction back.

Best regards,

Richard Madison

CEO/President

Golf Bids

www.golfbids.net

I agree we had 9 people bidding and everyone thought they'd let someone bid next and WD got very lucky. Gotta us the BidCaddy because it will never lose unless you are out of bids.

Best regards,

Richard Madison

CEO/President

Golf Bids

www.golfbids.net

I just won a R11S driver for $27.56. I'll definitely report back when I get it!

WD its just the head cover the driver is separate...................................gotcha!

Best regards,

Richard Madison

CEO/President

Golf Bids

www.golfbids.net

Well... you can't expect the seller to live off charity, can you? They must make profit somehow/somewhere.

The rules are clearly drawn out, so bidding is really your own choice.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

John, the way it works is, you purchase bids for $.50/each. Each time you bid on a product, it goes up by $.01. The other night, a Ping I20 sold for $2.13, which equals 213 bids, which in turn equals a net of $106.50.....not a great deal for the seller. If you were the person that put in the bid to get it to $2.13, and it was your only bid, then you just bought yourself a Ping I20 for a whopping total of $2.43 plus $20 shipping, thats a great deal.

So every $0.5 increases the price by $0.01, right?

For instance we got a driver starting at $2.00

Then bidder A bids $5.00 which makes the price go up to $2.10

Then I come in last and bid $0.50 which increases the price to $2.11

Do I win the driver even when I bid $4.50 less than the other guy?

If I understand correctly, it's about who places the last bid and not who places the highest bid?

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

So every $0.5 increases the price by $0.01, right?

For instance we got a driver starting at $2.00

Then bidder A bids $5.00 which makes the price go up to $2.10

Then I come in last and bid $0.50 which increases the price to $2.11

Do I win the driver even when I bid $4.50 less than the other guy?

If I understand correctly, it's about who places the last bid and not who places the highest bid?

Person A bids - item cost is now $0.01 (Person A paid $.50 for this bid, $0.50 total in bids)

Person B bids - item cost is now $0.02 (Person B paid $.50 for this bid, $0.50 total in bids)

Person A bids - item cost is now $0.03 (Person A paid $.50 for this bid, $1.00 total in bids)

Person B bids - item cost is now $0.04 (Person B paid $.50 for this bid, $1.00 total in bids)

...and so on, there is no option for raising bids by more than $0.01 at a time.)

There's also the alternative of using the automated bids, which bids for you 2 seconds after someone out bids you. It's all a psychological game as to whether it's better to manually or automatically bid.

Oh I see... I thought it was more like an eBay system where you bid with the amount you are willing to pay with the difference that you don't get your money back.

So the winner is whoever places the last bid?

And you end up paying the amount of bids or the item cost or both added together?

Nice! So it's an endurance battle.

1331819282[/url]' post='53870']

Nice! So it's an endurance battle.

Very true! However many bidders are falling out early and the pices so far are amazing!

Best regards,

Richard Madison

CEO/President

Golf Bids

www.golfbids.net

How does the refer a friend work? I have referred several people already.

Fill out the form and have them email me verifying the referral. I'll give you the credit.

Best regards,

Richard Madison

CEO/President

Golf Bids

www.golfbids.net

Seems like the Golf version of Quibids. Got hooked on Quibids for a weekend last year and blogged about it -- click here

Now you've given me something else to get addicted to! Will see y'all there....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived