Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Monte Scheinblum Black Friday Deals

If this is a duplicate, sorry but thought I'd share.  Monte's been recommended by a handful of forum members and I'm looking at both the 3 pack videos and either the single or (5) on-line lessons/dissection of my swing.  

BLACK_FRIDAY_2022 · Rebellion Golf

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

29 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

If this is a duplicate, sorry but thought I'd share.  Monte's been recommended by a handful of forum members and I'm looking at both the 3 pack videos and either the single or (5) on-line lessons/dissection of my swing.  

Great deals!!  I have all Monte's videos; they are great for quick referencing the parts that I need.  Efficient Swing and NTC have really changed my game for the better.  I would also recommend attending one of his clinics; he is usually in the Phoenix area around February.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Can’t go wrong either way. Probably would suggest a single to make sure his teaching and personality mesh with your way of learning.

if you like how the single goes then buy a pack. Unfortunately that would mean you paying non black Friday prices but wouldn’t be wasting money if his way doesn’t fit with you 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

11 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Can’t go wrong either way. Probably would suggest a single to make sure his teaching and personality mesh with your way of learning.

if you like how the single goes then buy a pack. Unfortunately that would mean you paying non black Friday prices but wouldn’t be wasting money if his way doesn’t fit with you 

He has a 10 minute video example of a swing analysis in the ad. As I stated before, I would like to have something like that as my baseline and so I can "see" the swing faults. My hunch is that 90% of anything to be gained can be ascertained through a single evaluation and that I'll know whether I'm making progress on the suggested changes from ball flight.  Being able to go back and re-look at the analysis would be helpful.

Have you or others seen any of his 3 videos? 

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Great deals!!  I have all Monte's videos; they are great for quick referencing the parts that I need.  Efficient Swing and NTC have really changed my game for the better.  I would also recommend attending one of his clinics; he is usually in the Phoenix area around February.

Missed your post... that's all I needed to hear 👍.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

He has a 10 minute video example of a swing analysis in the ad. As I stated before, I would like to have something like that as my baseline and so I can "see" the swing faults. My hunch is that 90% of anything to be gained can be ascertained through a single evaluation and that I'll know whether I'm making progress on the suggested changes from ball flight.  Being able to go back and re-look at the analysis would be helpful.

Have you or others seen any of his 3 videos? 

I’ve watched the majority of his training videos and have used them in my learning of the swing. He breaks things down in a very simple fashion and has several drills for what he teaches because what works for one may not work for another.

If someone is looking for swing work then efficient swing, no turn cast and broom force in that order is how I would go, if one has a decent backswing position then using ntc and broom force would be the path.

His use the bounce and the 2.0 version are great for short game work.

For those with decent swings one evaluation may be all that’s needed but follow ups would also be needed to make sure the work being done is correct. He has the plan (forget the name) where you get somewhat unlimited checkins after you take a lesson. If I were to use him as my instructor this is what I would do. Buy a lesson spend a month or two working on that lesson using the program for feedback. Once that work is in a good spot use his feedback to see if I need another lesson to address any other issues and then rinse and repeat 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

• 1 month later...

I am tempted to changed my forum name to "Stoneman".  After watching the video clips my wife took for Monte's on-line swing analysis, I never realized how little hip and shoulder turn I have.  Some I can attribute to the left shoulder issue but HOLYDOUBLEHOCKEYSTICKS, I look like a chunk of granite 😆.  I suppose the good news is that there is plenty of swing range and speed opportunity to be had... just need to change the metamorphic rock to something more flexible.

The videos are on his server and I should hear back in 2-3 days.  

*** PS***

I forgot to add that I was playing with a friend yesterday and talking swings.  He is a huge proponent of Hogan's 5 Swing Fundamentals and has spent lots of range time trying to perfect them.  While poking around the internet, I came across another player who has taken using Hogan's teachings to heart (even sports the hat!).  I particularly liked his explanation of each of the 5 swing elements. 

I received my swing analysis back from Monte this week.  It comes as a Vimeo with his start/stop overlays while he discusses the suggested areas of improvement.  Also provided are links to swing drills specific to those problems.  He used Justin Rose as the side by side comparison and to show the differences.  I'm flattered... not so sure Rosie is 🤣.

So in a nutshell, I have "way too weak a right hand grip, and need to work on more right hip turn and un-flexing (straightening) my right leg on the backswing".  Seriously, that's it? I was expected a litany of items and a "good gravy, where do I start lead in". 😆

I never really gave much thought to my right hand position or how that was negatively affecting my shoulder turn. The good news is that it's a pretty simple change to make. I also never picked up on my right leg position and how that, and the very limited hip turn, was causing the OTT swing.  This change will be a bit more challenging but I now have the visual which really helps. Monte is confident both changes will yield distance and accuracy.

The on-line lesson allows you to add notes/questions (limited however) and he quickly responded with answers to a few clarifications I had.  All in all, I feel like this was $80 well spent and would recommend Monte's Rebellion Golf to others.

Monte keeps it simple. He find the biggest areas of issues that will have the biggest impact on fixing the swing.

lack of hip depth leads to lack of hand depth and makes shallowing and rotation hard

Two choices from there either ott or dump the trail side

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Monte keeps it simple. He find the biggest areas of issues that will have the biggest impact on fixing the swing.

lack of hip depth leads to lack of hand depth and makes shallowing and rotation hard

Two choices from there either ott or dump the trail side

Yup and I'm all for the 80/20 approach to problem solving.  With this feedback as baseline, I'll be able to take another pair of video clips, after working on these, and see how they compare. 

The weak right hand grip position sounds easy enough but I'll bet it will feel a bit odd.  Our rec/exercise center has a wall of mirrors and some wooden poles.  One of my stretching routines has been placing the pole over the shoulders and practicing swing rotations.  Being able to see myself, and particularly the right hip and leg extension, is quite helpful.  What's odd is that I find it much easier to execute the desired rotation/sequence with the pole over my shoulder than with a club.  I think some of that is due to my left shoulders less than optimal degree of freedom.  But, Monte mentioned that the weak grip was actually limiting my right shoulder turn... maybe one's been working against the other? 🤔

19 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yup and I'm all for the 80/20 approach to problem solving.  With this feedback as baseline, I'll be able to take another pair of video clips, after working on these, and see how they compare. 

The weak right hand grip position sounds easy enough but I'll bet it will feel a bit odd.  Our rec/exercise center has a wall of mirrors and some wooden poles.  One of my stretching routines has been placing the pole over the shoulders and practicing swing rotations.  Being able to see myself, and particularly the right hip and leg extension, is quite helpful.  What's odd is that I find it much easier to execute the desired rotation/sequence with the pole over my shoulder than with a club.  I think some of that is due to my left shoulders less than optimal degree of freedom.  But, Monte mentioned that the weak grip was actually limiting my right shoulder turn... maybe one's been working against the other? 🤔

Glad you had a good experience and have some good things to work on.

Yeah the weak grip gets the club out of position and you have to compensate the backswing.

Yes the new grip will feel weird because it’s different from what you are used to

This arrived today. Probably a nugget or two, or five inside. 🙂

image.png.10fd141ea22c3c230cbd9afb79ec4308.png

55 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Didn’t Butch Harmon write a hogan book too?  He actually knew the guy and his dad knew him really well.

Mizuno irons, hybrids and Driver of the week 😆.  Cally wedges from CPO!

Nice Shot Man! ⛳️ 

On 1/21/2023 at 6:21 PM, caryncgolfer said:

Didn’t Butch Harmon write a hogan book too?  He actually knew the guy and his dad knew him really well.

Dunno about that but Hogan's book is a great read.  The illustrations are fantastic and Ben wastes little time and words getting to the key points/teachings. 

On 1/21/2023 at 5:24 PM, fixyurdivot said:

It worked for him as a hooker to create a fade.  Having been a slicer of the ball, not the best for me.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

It worked for him as a hooker to create a fade.  Having been a slicer of the ball, not the best for me.

Exactly. The whole notion of his swing is to not hook/pull the ball. Anyone who blocks or slices the ball or already plays a fade probably should look elsewhere for a swing approach if they are trying to change something