Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How Golf is Moving Into the Modern Era

BruceTommy

On 11/27/2022 at 10:20 AM, fixyurdivot said:

It doesn't automatically cut revenue by 25%.  Further, they could add an event or two, or three over the season that may more than make up for whatever revenue reduction a 54 hole format incurs.  I mean if it's all about revenue, why not look at 90 hole events?  

Monahan will cover up the revenue anyway. He only pony's up when it necessary. 😀

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Ceribenanoche said:

1000s of new jobs daily with a quick swipe, connect directly with recruiters and employers through the help of our experts and your award-winning social recruitment Jobsite & App apply4u

... Can your experts get me a job as a ranger at Augusta National? Salary not important as I Imagine the ProV1 golf balls I find will be pristine and of course free golf. I would like to work Saturday and Sunday so I could play free Monday - Friday. I am not a fan of Pimento on White Bread so the chef will need to come up with something similar to the Champions Dinner I can pick up while rangering. Of course this would only be a summer job and I would need the same job at Desert Mountain during the winter here in Phoenix. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

59 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Can your experts get me a job as a ranger at Augusta National? Salary not important as I Imagine the ProV1 golf balls I find will be pristine and of course free golf. I would like to work Saturday and Sunday so I could play free Monday - Friday. I am not a fan of Pimento on White Bread so the chef will need to come up with something similar to the Champions Dinner I can pick up while rangering. Of course this would only be a summer job and I would need the same job at Desert Mountain during the winter here in Phoenix. 

I think you won’t find any balls as the course is closed June -September, so not a good summer job.  

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/how-does-augusta-national-look-in-the-summer-it-isnt-as-pretty

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

20 minutes ago, GaryF said:

I think you won’t find any balls as the course is closed June -September, so not a good summer job.  

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/how-does-augusta-national-look-in-the-summer-it-isnt-as-pretty

... Didn't know that but even better! Rangering for nobody with free golf I can invite my friends! 😉

3 hours ago, chisag said:

I will pass your request along to Fred the next time we are having dinner. I feel certain that I have some pull.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

On 12/7/2022 at 9:44 AM, ballhawk said:

The "Modern Era" of golf cannot sustain itself and it's mostly due to cost. Forget the pro tour(s), it's about getting new players into the game and that's not really happening. Went to Dick's yesterday just to look around and honestly, I don't know how they stay in business. Forget new equipment, what they wanted for used clubs was eye popping. Over heard two 20 somethings checking out the clubs and one said, these prices are crazy, I can have more fun bowling...... This in my nshp, is how the game is slowly fading. It's the older generations that are keeping the game and OEM's alive, but as we/they depart, the amount of new players entering are not enough to maintain a status quo. 

I also feel many of todays players are out to just experience the game instead of trying to become a player of the game. Cost could be a factor in that they don’t want to commit to buying a super expensive set of clubs or take lessons. But I don’t think anyone group is keeping OEMs alive. The big giants in the industry are making millions and millions. Taylormade and callaway literally release new full lines of clubs every year. Someone is buying them otherwise they wouldn’t be making them. A new stealth driver released just like the new iPhone. Does the same thing as the previous model, updated name, and some new gimmick or a false marketing claim to go with it. 

2 hours ago, wely324 said:

Does the same thing as the previous model, updated name, and some new gimmick or a false marketing claim to go with it. 

... To be fair there are no false advertising claims or there would be legal consequences. You see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear. Claiming X club from Y company is straighter and longer compared to the competition in big bold headlines of an ad (which is an extreme example) it is up to the consumer to read the fine print where it say X club gained .78 yds while being 1.1% more accurate. And again, OEMs are marketing to players looking for a new club because theirs is 5-10 yrs old much more than someone playing last years model. I went to a TM fitting last spring and the TM rep suggested I keep my Sim2 Max instead of buying the Stealth because the numbers were virtually identical with an ever so slight edge going to the Stealth but I preferred the feel of the Sim2. 

32 minutes ago, chisag said:

... To be fair there are no false advertising claims or there would be legal consequences. You see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear. Claiming X club from Y company is straiter and longer compared to the competition in big bold headlines of an ad (which is an extreme example) it is up to the consumer to read the fine print where it say X club gained .78 yds while being 1.1% more accurate. And again, OEMs are marketing to players looking for a new club because theirs is 5-10 yrs old much more than someone playing last years model. I went to a TM fitting last spring and the TM rep suggested I keep my Sim2 Max instead of buying the Stealth because the numbers were virtually identical with an ever so slight edge going to the Stealth but I preferred the feel of the Sim2. 

You are correct, they don’t false advertise.