TESTERS WANTED! ×

stripping a clubhead

I have a set of 690mb's i want to strip and refinish. Also a couple of putters, i have access to a dremel tool and several stripping agents. Anyone has any ideas let me know, would greatly appreciate it.

Go Pokes!!!

Driver- Cobra Amp 9.5 Stiff

3W- Cobra S3

5W- Cobra S3

3H 4-GW- Cobra S3

52° & 60° Vokey Wedges

Cobra Putter

Pure Grips top to bottom

Swingin' Pete Marker/Orange & Black Tees

I have a set of 690mb's i want to strip and refinish. Also a couple of putters, i have access to a dremel tool and several stripping agents. Anyone has any ideas let me know, would greatly appreciate it.

If you want to just strip the paint off...and you run in the stubborn paint, which is very hard to remove, you can buy gel type paint remover from local hardware stores.

If you are talking about true refinish of the chrome and stuff, I can't help you there. Would be nice if you can share your experience though.

Driver: Snake Eye 9.5* Python XLD w/ AXE FW Regular, tipped 1"

4 Wood: Bridgestone J40 with AXE FW Stiff

Hybrid 19*, Acer XF, FST 115 Pro, stiff

Hybrid 25*, Bobby Jones, stock shaft, stiff

Irons 4-6: Tommy Armour, 845c silverback forged, R300

Irons 7-P: Tommy Armour, 845m Silverback forged, S300

Wedges: 56* Eidolon; 60* Mizuno

Putter: SC - Monterey 35", stock weight

Balls: B-Stone B330RX-S

You might get the mother of a 6 year old to spit on a napkin. and use that. They have to get some nasty stuff off of kids with it.:lol:

Actually according to the internet you can use muriatic acid and some other things that sound equally nasty. Just type in chrome removal from steel and find the easiest sounding. Muratic acid sounds easy if you want to put up with the hazards of using it and can stand the smell of rotten eggs. Of course, it says use a respirator but if you are like me, you prpbably do not have one in the house. But this is some serious stuff. It eat the chrome off of metal that is how strong it is.:D

Edit I copied this from another response I gave, that was more serious.

I played around with doing a wedge this was but the method I used did not work. But after reading your post I looked it up on the internet, under remove chrome from steel. There were several methods listed. This one is the least toxic, and probably the most work. The other suggested muriatic acid. Which will probably work better but then you have the waste to deal with plus the acid is nasty stuff. I used some drain cleaner one time that took the chrome off of the stopper in the sink, and it was muriatic acid based so i know that works, wheather you want it to or not. But here is what was listed. Once this is done then you have to sand and buff out all the little dings, and then refinish it. Let us know how it turns out.

1. Put on proper safety gear such as respirator, splash goggles and protective gloves. Pour either acetone, ammonia or bleach into the large metal bowl or pot. Only use one of these chemicals; do not mix them.

2. Submerge the object from which you wish to remove the chrome in the the chemical. Cover the container with aluminum foil to keep the fumes contained. Allow it to soak for at least two hours.

3. Remove object from the chemicals. Dip a toothbrush into the acetone, ammonia or bleach.

4. Brush the surface of the object vigorously with the toothbrush. Continue dipping and scrubbing with the toothbrush until the plating comes completely off.

5. Wipe the stripped steel with a clean rag.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Archived