Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Is this the right shaft for my hybrid?

Mr. Mushball

I recently bought a PXG 0211 22° Hybrid during their last sale.  I ordered it with the Project X Cypher 60 (5.5), thinking it was the most similar option to the steel shafts I have on my new Irons, which work great for me.  I don't think I did enough due diligence as there were a ton of shaft options and models were selling out quickly.  After getting it, it feels so much different than my current Adams Idea Tech 5H, and I can't seem to ever pure it.  While the head does seem heavier, the swing weight was supposedly the same at D2.  However, no matter what I do I seem to slice the heck out of it, or at best push it right a ton, so much that I set up at 30° left of my target.   This got me thinking, could the shaft be affecting this and causing the head to be open?

I know it's an adjustable club face, but before I start messing around with that, I want to check to see if I even have the right shaft for my swing on this thing.

I currently use Project X Rifle 105 steel shafts on my Irons, which I like a lot.  I seem to be pulling my shorter irons since getting them, but could have everything to do with swing changes I've been making over the last few months.  My go-to club is my Adams Idea Tech hybrid, with the Fubuki shaft (see my signature).  This works really well for me and is my main distance closer at the moment.  I'm looking for a shaft with similar qualities to these.  Mid tempo, mid spin, mid to high trajectory.   I think the 60g weight is probably correct, as a lighter shaft tends to be more appropriate for woods.  Would the HZRDUS or EvenFlow Riptide be a better choice?  How about from other manufacturers, I'm not too familiar with all of the shaft choices out there.

Love to hear what other spies can say on the topic.

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!