TESTERS WANTED! ×

In For Review! - UST-Mamiya Shafts

• SPY VIP

These just arrived for a couple of upcoming shaft reviews. I'm still waiting on some "parts", but I hope to get to it soon. I'll have more details on the shafts when review time rolls around, but for now, here are some pics.

The VTS will look great with TaylorMade drivers. I'm not sure how the Yellow on the ATTAS 3 will look with anything.

UST-1.jpg

UST-2.jpg

UST-3.jpg

UST-4.jpg

UST-5.jpg

UST-6.jpg

UST-7.jpg

UST-8.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Well if you aren't a fan of the yellow I can take the 20 minute driver up to Tarks and see if it looks good with any of my clubs haha

I'm looking forward to this. I liked the first version of the Attas shaft but didn't care too much for the T2.

• SPY VIP

Well if you aren't a fan of the yellow I can take the 20 minute driver up to Tarks and see if it looks good with any of my clubs haha

I'm looking forward to this. I liked the first version of the Attas shaft but didn't care too much for the T2.

Kinda funny...I didn't care much for the first ATTAS, really like the T2. I'm definitely looking forward to checking out the ATTAS3. I'm basically waiting on parts from TaylorMade before I can do anything with it...and those guys are a little busy with some other stuff this week.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

your stronger testers will enjoy the VTS.

I carry the tourspec in house and it is a winner.

The different torque ratings really change the performance and feel of the clubs.

I dont do much with the ATTAS line just because of price not performance.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

• SPY VIP

your stronger testers will enjoy the VTS.

I carry the tourspec in house and it is a winner.

The different torque ratings really change the performance and feel of the clubs.

I dont do much with the ATTAS line just because of price not performance.

We had some VTS samples in as part of our MGS Labs article on shaft length. To keep it simple we used the silver spec shafts. I spin everything too much as it is (outside in + open club face), but the silver produced more spin than I would expect or want. This time around we're trying a slightly stiffer VTS Black.

It's a little strange really...with so many aftermarket shaft companies out there now, you don't hear as much about UST-Mamiya, but I'd put their products up against anybody's.

They dont do a lot of flash, which does get attention, but you wont find a better guy in Jamie. The guy has game,knowledge and is all around great to talk too.

If you get an oppotunity and the Blk does not work I would really take a look at the RED instead.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Archived