TESTERS WANTED! ×

Announcing 2023 My Golf Spy Outing-Pinehurst Area

Golfspy_CG2

19 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

Can we go over and play The Cradle after checking-in on Friday? I also know some excellent places to eat and drink in the Village of Pinehurst (I have played #2 twice, plus #4 and Mid Pines about 20 years ago).

Come to think of it, I have played almost every course in the Pinehurst area and Sanford, from a couple of rounds at Tobacco Road to most of the courses in and around the Pinehurst Resort. I have two very good friends who live there, one of whom lives a couple doors down from Donald Ross’ old home right on the course at Pinehurst #2

I'm really hoping I can make this trip happen. Only an hour and change from my house! If so, I'll offer to take any early arrivers to the Sanford Municipal course (also a Ross; on the way from RDU airport to Pinehurst) - if we get enough for this, it's a perfect course for a half-set best-ball game.

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

1 hour ago, DriverBreaker said:

I’d be down to hang out in the villas as late as feasible to get to know everyone.  The price portion would be the biggest hindrance for me. If I could save by not having to stay in a villa that would be most helpful. 

Absolutley, hoping to get as many local golf only players as the courses will allow.  It's all about meeting and hanging out with great members of the fourm. 

1 hour ago, Yellow Ball said:

You know I'll be lurking around! 

Rough.jpg.995ad3488a4833bc17e6d5185746ffc5.jpg

Didnt' they drown you at Queenstown 🙂

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

19 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Didnt' they drown you at Queenstown 🙂

I'm like a good Timex watch. Takes a licking but keeps on ticking! 

Besides that, take a look at my wooden floaties.......... In matching color tones of course.

IMG_E1788.JPG.b3d3c73a8d4a79e517085273f8fdd0dd.JPG

I would also like to know who my roommate will be.

238322265_Bed(2).jpg.c3e41f26880be0e631fd4a482a917c2e.jpg

11 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

I'm like a good Timex watch. Takes a licking but keeps on ticking! 

Besides that, take a look at my wooden floaties.......... In matching color tones of course.

IMG_E1788.JPG.b3d3c73a8d4a79e517085273f8fdd0dd.JPG

I would also like to know who my roommate will be.

238322265_Bed(2).jpg.c3e41f26880be0e631fd4a482a917c2e.jpg

Don't worry we have your roommate all ready. 

image.png

As someone who won't be going on this excursion, but went to the unofficial (in name only) first excursion, I will recommend it if you can make it work with your finances and time. Even if you're a quieter person in real life, like me, or someone who doesn't do great in large social environments, also like me, I can tell you that this trip was one of the most fun things I've ever done.

Everyone is nice (when the needles aren't out), everyone is willing to talk shop or anything that may be of interest to everyone, and everyone wants to make the people who feel like they're on the outside welcomed and brought into the fold as friends and people. Not only are you going to get to play some awesome golf courses with awesome people, hopefully you'll leave this trip salivating to get back to the next one.

That's my honest pitch for you all. If I could do it this year too I'd be there will bells on. Sadly financials and other goals and trips for me and missus will take priority in 2023, but she wanted me to go and will definitely want to push me for 2024, so I hope to get to see you guys soon again... namely @MDGolfHacker, let that dollar rest easy in that frame my friend.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

On 12/15/2022 at 11:29 AM, GregGarner said:

I'm really hoping I can make this trip happen. Only an hour and change from my house! If so, I'll offer to take any early arrivers to the Sanford Municipal course (also a Ross; on the way from RDU airport to Pinehurst) - if we get enough for this, it's a perfect course for a half-set best-ball game.

Greg,

That is very kind (and generous) of you!  I would love to play Sanford’s Muni, and I bet that I would enjoy it much more than I have enjoyed (or, more appropriately said NOT enjoyed) my two rounds at Tobacco Road!!!

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

4 hours ago, fozcycle said:

No CPAP?

I have been tested (twice), and I do not have sleep apnea.

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Spoiler

4 hours ago, fozcycle said:

No CPAP?

I know some people who think they are the greatestg things since Banana Pudding Ice Cream...my sister being one of  them.  But having had two different machines and four different sizes of masks, I can say I fully fit into the group (who Dr's have said are legitiamte) unable to adapt to them.   

This commerical had to be secretly filmed while I had the CPAP, I'm convinced...ha 

I just realized that I haven't played 36 holes in the same day in over 20 years. I feel the aches and pains already. 🤣

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I know some people who think they are the greatestg things since Banana Pudding Ice Cream...my sister being one of  them.  But having had two different machines and four different sizes of masks, I can say I fully fit into the group (who Dr's have said are legitiamte) unable to adapt to them.   

This commerical had to be secretly filmed while I had the CPAP, I'm convinced...ha 

My wife is one of them. She would lay awake wondering if I was going to breathe….

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

When I first saw the announcement/title, I thought this was the MGS National event... as it too has been talked about for some years now. I now see this will be the next of Rob's most excellent regional spy meets.  The chatter and smack from the event this past summer was fun to follow.  I'm sure this events participants will be up to the task.  Bryan will no doubt bring his CCC4 street sign and trophy to adorn the snack table 😊.  

Except for the PNW Meet-up, which I presume will happen again in 2023, the 5th Anniversary event btw, THE WEST IS DEAD 😧.  My inquiry for a Rocky Mountain Round-up has no pulse.  I've long been surprised that no one has put together a Southwest Spy Meet-up (at least that I'm aware of).  Certainly we must have enough spies between AZ and So. CA to plan a 2-3 day event 🤷‍♂️.

Anyway, glad to see Rob has another event in the works - definitely looks fun 👍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

3 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I just realized that I haven't played 36 holes in the same day in over 20 years. I feel the aches and pains already. 🤣

I haven't played 36 holes in the same day .. ever!

And oh yeah I'm planning on bringing a whole lotta Advil and arthritis pain creams and.... 🤪🤣

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

9 hours ago, fozcycle said:

No CPAP?

My wife says that I haven’t been snoring much lately, and she says when I do that it isn’t loud or long-lasting.  Maybe the fact that I lost 26 lbs and have kept it off for 2 years has helped with my snoring.

Bags - Vessel

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

I haven't played 36 holes in the same day .. ever!

And oh yeah I'm planning on bringing a whole lotta Advil and arthritis pain creams and.... 🤪🤣

My Myrtle Beach group [we have been going for 23 years, with one skipped year in 2021 due to COVID (well, 8 guys still went, but not the full 20 to 24 man group)] always plays 36 holes on one day of the six-day trip.  Lately, that has been my only two-round day each year, although occasionally I do play 27 holes in a day.

Bags - Vessel

Spoiler

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

When I first saw the announcement/title, I thought this was the MGS National event... as it too has been talked about for some years now. I now see this will be the next of Rob's most excellent regional spy meets.  The chatter and smack from the event this past summer was fun to follow.  I'm sure this events participants will be up to the task.  Bryan will no doubt bring his CCC4 street sign and trophy to adorn the snack table 😊.  

Except for the PNW Meet-up, which I presume will happen again in 2023, the 5th Anniversary event btw, THE WEST IS DEAD 😧.  My inquiry for a Rocky Mountain Round-up has no pulse.  I've long been surprised that no one has put together a Southwest Spy Meet-up (at least that I'm aware of).  Certainly we must have enough spies between AZ and So. CA to plan a 2-3 day event 🤷‍♂️.

Anyway, glad to see Rob has another event in the works - definitely looks fun 👍.

Actually this is an official National  Event   I  had a Time lapse memory flashback as it typed the title.  As it is  open to anyone from anywhere in the forum they wants to join.   I am organizing it with Adam’s blessing.  There will be support from HQ as well.  

If you are referring to one being held near HQ to be the National event.  I can’t honestly tell you when they will happen. It definitely will . But there are things that need to happen before that can take place.

So in the meantime I encourage anyone to come join the fun in Pinehurst.   

Also as you may have read earlier. I certainly have my eye on the west coast or certainly one easier for west coast guys to make it.    

I know from experience these can take time to grow.  And I’m confident in a few years, we will say.  Remember when this all started with 12 guys in a cottage in Maryland 😎

• Golfspy_CG2 changed the title to Announcing 2023 My Golf Spy Outing-Pinehurst Area
2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

If you are referring to one being held near HQ to be the National event.  I can’t honestly tell you when they will happen. It definitely will . But there are things that need to happen before that can take place.

Yes, that's what I initially thought.  Hopefully this happens at some point in the not too far distant future.  Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many spy meet-up's have we had and where since the forum started?  The PNW has held 4 so far and the inaugural event was started by @Har in the Hat.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yes, that's what I initially thought.  Hopefully this happens at some point in the not too far distant future.  Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many spy meet-up's have we had and where since the forum started?  The PNW has held 4 so far and the inaugural event was started by @Har in the Hat.

Yes, I do believe that will happen for sure at some point.   

Good questiion on the how man and first outings.   Here are just the few that I know of based on readng the forum for several years. 

Some of the original members/mods including  @GolfSpy Barbajo  @Mr_Theoo and possibly @MattF and @hckymeyer had one somehwere in ohio, or MI  I'm sure one of them can give the exact info. 

Speaking of Ohio, I went up and played with Matt, Mr Theo and @MaxEntropy in a small outing 3 years ago. 

In Texas @TBT and some members had one that a few guys traveled to for a wedding I think and played.   Dont know if @Golfspy_TCB was part of that or not.

Florida, Barbs  and MattF used to make an annual trip down to play with @fozcycle and a couple other guys down there.

About 4 years ago we had a pretty decent one in Maryland as well with @cnosil @golfinnut @MDGolfHacker @STUDque and some others, I think we close to 12 for that one, memory is failing me on the others that made it.  

7 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yes, I do believe that will happen for sure at some point.   

Good questiion on the how man and first outings.   Here are just the few that I know of based on readng the forum for several years. 

Some of the original members/mods including  @GolfSpy Barbajo  @Mr_Theoo and possibly @MattF and @hckymeyer had one somehwere in ohio, or MI  I'm sure one of them can give the exact info. 

Speaking of Ohio, I went up and played with Matt, Mr Theo and @MaxEntropy in a small outing 3 years ago. 

In Texas @TBT and some members had one that a few guys traveled to for a wedding I think and played.   Dont know if @Golfspy_TCB was part of that or not.

Florida, Barbs  and MattF used to make an annual trip down to play with @fozcycle and a couple other guys down there.

About 4 years ago we had a pretty decent one in Maryland as well with @cnosil @golfinnut @MDGolfHacker @STUDque and some others, I think we close to 12 for that one, memory is failing me on the others that made it.  

I've played with @GolfSpy Barbajo a few different times with some of the older members in MN.  @SPY ZINGER Hosted the first meetup I played in at Stoneridge GC in MN.  I've also been lucky enough to meet and play with members at The Kingdom and at Cleveland/Srixon out in Cali.  I wasn't in Ohio or MI ever though.  

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I miss the treks to FLA by @GolfSpy Barbajo

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

53 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

I've played with @GolfSpy Barbajo a few different times with some of the older members in MN.  @SPY ZINGER Hosted the first meetup I played in at Stoneridge GC in MN.  I've also been lucky enough to meet and play with members at The Kingdom and at Cleveland/Srixon out in Cali.  I wasn't in Ohio or MI ever though.  

Thanks Brian..I almost said MN, knowing that's where you are from, I knew it was one of those upper Mid-West states,  Good Ole Spy Zinger...gone but not forgotten! 

I remember the Srixon trips; those were pretty fun to follow and a great experience for the members and the MOD's that escorted them.  Of course that trip stopped just as I became a MOD...hmh?   

I've played with @GolfSpy Barbajo in Florida with @fozcycle and @revkev and also at Firestone. I've also played with @tony@CIC in Ohio and Florida. Sadly, my Florida trips may have come to an end.

The Ohio crew
@tony@CIC @RollingGreens @MaxEntropy @DiscipleofPenick @Mr_Theoo etc try to get together every year, although this year was a bust. I think we've done close to 6 or so starting with Mr_Theoo and I a million years ago.

As @Golfspy_CG2 mentioned, we've played in Ohio before. 

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, John Phillips said:

I was down there last week. Played Tot Hill Farm, Talamore, Mid South, and Pinehurst #2. Hit the Race Track Restaurant for breakfast. The food is great and very reasonable. 

The Track is one of the hidden gems in the area, an old-style breakfast place, solid food at reasonable prices.  I spent 3 weeks in the area around the Thanksgiving holidays, played a good bit of golf, and attended (most of) a USGA/PGA Rules workshop.  I know the guys will enjoy this outing, Talamore, MidSouth, and Pine Needles are 3 of the best you can play without staying at the Pinehurst Resort, and the MidSouth Lodges are really posh.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Avoid the 8ft tall bunkers in several of the par 3’s at Talamore.  You get up against the lip or anywhere in one of those and it’s game over. 

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

23 hours ago, fozcycle said:

I miss the treks to FLA by @GolfSpy Barbajo

Me too!  Coming down for the PGA Show - might be going to the big Society of Golf Historian's gala at Belleaire CC  if you're interested. Be good to see you guys again!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

23 hours ago, hckymeyer said:

Don't miss much about Minnesota, but the golf was always exceptional...as was your tricked out custom blue golf cart!  My son is still there, so maybe we can get out and play...he may be planning a major life event soon, depending on how this weekend works out 😉

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

21 hours ago, MattF said:

I've played with @GolfSpy Barbajo in Florida with @fozcycle and @revkev and also at Firestone. I've also played with @tony@CIC in Ohio and Florida. Sadly, my Florida trips may have come to an end.

The Ohio crew
@tony@CIC @RollingGreens @MaxEntropy @DiscipleofPenick @Mr_Theoo etc try to get together every year, although this year was a bust. I think we've done close to 6 or so starting with Mr_Theoo and I a million years ago.

As @Golfspy_CG2 mentioned, we've played in Ohio before. 

The round we played at Firestone was a blast -- and my 6 months as a member there was the best six months of my life!!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Really wanted to make this work, but with Baby 2 coming just not going to happen. However I expect to hear lots of stories and see lots of photos. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

However I expect to hear lots of stories and see lots of photos.

Was just thinking about this - do you think we should look at maybe something like a specific-purpose Instagram account, or ___ or ___ for on-going updates..?

I.e. something *quick* and *easy* to post a pic and a comment

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Was just thinking about this - do you think we should look at maybe something like a specific-purpose Instagram account, or ___ or ___ for on-going updates..?

I.e. something *quick* and *easy* to post a pic and a comment

I like that idea!!