Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Announcing 2023 My Golf Spy Outing-Pinehurst Area

Golfspy_CG2

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Not during the Super Bowl. 🤑  Lots of great deals on premium courses from May to September and about $59 sounds right. WeKoPa Saguaro the #1 public course in AZ is $59 during the summer for residents. The gouging during the Super Bowl and to a lessor extent Spring Training is just pure greed more than supply and demand. 

Yeah, it was in July about 20 years ago!!  

Maybe people have so much money they can throw it around, but while Troon North has very nice courses is not in the same category of golf courses as Pebble price-wise... or even Bandon Dunes at half the cost for that matter.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Yeah, it was in July about 20 years ago!!  

Maybe people have so much money they can throw it around, but while Troon North has very nice courses is not in the same category of golf courses as Pebble price-wise... or even Bandon Dunes at half the cost for that matter.

... If someone hasn't experienced it, desert golf in the middle of winter can be pretty spectacular. First time I did an outing here back in the 90's and saw a dormant tan Bermuda rough outlining a green grass fairway and even greener greens with Mountains in the background, I thought it was just jaw dropping. I think charging a premium of $179 and under is appropriate for some of the really nice courses while $99 and under would be more in line for most of them. But few places around the country in the middle of winter can just about 100% guarantee no rain, usually no wind and bright sunshine in the 75*-85* range so you can book well in advance and be assured of great golf weather. But they really get greedy with winter folks that have been stuck indoors for months with little sunshine. 

415272680_Aguila222222.jpg.e7649df1fbbfd087cd504d93b60beec4.jpg900364758_Aguila7.JPG.6f2184deb671315320ff52950c442a00.JPG

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

8 minutes ago, chisag said:

... If someone hasn't experienced it, desert golf in the middle of winter can be pretty spectacular. First time I did an outing here back in the 90's and saw a dormant tan Bermuda rough outlining a green grass fairway and even greener greens with Mountains in the background, I thought it was just jaw dropping. I think charging a premium of $179 and under is appropriate for some of the really nice courses while $99 and under would be more in line for most of them. But few places around the country in the middle of winter can just about 100% guarantee no rain, usually no wind and bright sunshine in the 75*-85* range so you can book well in advance and be assured of great golf weather. But they really get greedy with winter folks that have been stuck indoors for months with little sunshine. 

We used to have a favorite course when we came to Phoenix in January, but it closed several years ago.  Located up South Mountain from Baseline Rd, it was the old Thunderbird course (group who puts on the WMPO), and I think their First Tee course across the street is still there; used to be called Vistal, I think it's now houses.  A great course that they did not overseed, so brown fairways but bright green greens!  I actually liked that look and the dormant bermuda fairways played great.  The best part was the green fees were only $47 with cart... In January!  Wish it were still there.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

We used to have a favorite course when we came to Phoenix in January, but it closed several years ago.  Located up South Mountain from Baseline Rd, it was the old Thunderbird course (group who puts on the WMPO), and I think their First Tee course across the street is still there; used to be called Vistal, I think it's now houses.  A great course that they did not overseed, so brown fairways but bright green greens!  I actually liked that look and the dormant bermuda fairways played great.  The best part was the green fees were only $47 with cart... In January!  Wish it were still there.  

... Closed before I moved here but the locals talk about it all the time. They miss it too. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... You should come here the week of the Super Bowl when the temperatures are usually in the upper 70's or low 80's. Troon North is only $599 and Whirlwind is even cheaper at $539 that week. 

I like that temperature range. I don't have a problem with the price! I'm just along for the round. You're the one paying big boy. That is the beauty of being me. I go enjoy or sometimes not enjoy the round of golf at someone else's expense. Yes, I get my bumps and bruises along the way, but I save a ton of money! 

I’ve been out of touch a bit this week.   But just bumping the thread to let everyone know there is still room.   

I’ve heard from a few who plan on making it. So let’s get signed up.  Promises to be another fun time 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Looking forward to hearing who all will be going! 

There better be lots of golf photos. Also I expect the "what are you drinking tonight" thread go be st the top or recent content as well!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Also I expect the "what are you drinking tonight" thread go be st the top or recent content as well!

I can highly recommend Pinehurst Brewing, for both food and beer.  Instead of growlers they'll CAN 32-ounce take-away beers for you.  Also good is Railhouse Brewing in Aberdeen, I like the Mandatory Fun IPA (and the spicy fried cheese curds).  Also very common and pretty good is Southern Pines Brewing's Man of Law IPA.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Maybe Steve Stricker doesn’t need me after this year.  His senior tour event is the same weekend. Second year it interferes with events like this. But I have committed for this year. Hope this event goes well for you - to commit for more in the future 

Titleist TSR 11 degree, HZRDS Red R 44.75 LH

Titleist TSR-1 5/7 Woods LH

Titleist TSR-1 23 Hybrid LH

Titleist T200  7-48 - T350 6 Tensai AMT Red LH

Titleist SM9 50-54-58 TT AMT Red LH

Scotty Phantom X 7.5 RH

I would jump on this if it were two weeks later when school gets out.  

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

55 minutes ago, OldSchoolWes said:

I’m in!

details please. OldSchoolWes

Check the very first post in the thread, Wes.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Wish I could make it. But luckily, my plans are to tee it up at Pebble on June 12th. Good luck and play well to all those who signed up. 

TM SLDR 430 9*

Callaway Pro 3w

Nickent 17* 

Callaway Apex 4-pw

Cleveland RTX 50, 54, 58

TM Rossa Putter

BUMMER! Just looked at the dates and I’ll be on my family vacation during the same timeframe. Hopefully I can make the 2024 trip 🤞🏽🙏🏽

PXG 0811x Gen 4 9 degree driver

Exotic 3,4,5 hybrid

Sub70 699 6-AW for itons

Kirkland wedges 56 & 60

Scotty Cameron Studio 1.5 putter

On 12/14/2022 at 9:32 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

It's been asked for and talked about for quite a while.  But we are having our first official My Golf Spy outing in 2023.   It will be nights and 3 rounds of golf at Talamore Golf Club, Mid South Country Club and the famous Pine Needles Golf Course, which hosted the 2022 US Women's Open.  

Details can be found on the website provided below.  But here are the highlights:

June 9-11 2023

MidSouth Lodges-2 Bedroom Villas

Golf Saturday 2 rounds

Sunday 1 round

Cost is $836 per player all in

Details Found Here   

In addition there will be competitions  and prizes provided by MGS

image.png

How To Sign Up-Follow These Steps

• Click the link above the picture where the details are listed
  • Complete that registration-Pay close attention to the payment link in the payment area after you've added the event to your cart, it will give you a web address to Talamore to make a deposit payment directly to them-it's not a hyperlink so you'll have to type it in.  If you have trouble with that link I'm including it here as well, so you can come back to it here and pay  Pay Deposit Here  The Deposit is $225 and is due by January 15.
  • Right now, space is limited to the first 12 players to sign up. If that fills, we can possibly add more spots. 
  • Once You have completed that registration, send me a Private Message with your name, so I can verify the registration and deposit payment. 
  • Once those steps are done you are in.  The balance of the payment will be due May 1st, 2023.  

We've already had 3 signups, so don't delay in getting in the first group of 12.  I encourage you to look at the website page above, it has all the information about the event, along with links to each course. 

We will be staying at the Mid South Lodges, which are very modern 2 Bedroom/2 Bath Villas right along the fairways of Mid South Country Club.  Each room accommodates 4, so two per room with 2 beds in each room.  The villas all have a nice living room and patio.

We will have access to the facilities across the street at Talamore as well, which include a Top Tracer Range.   Mid South is located just a couple miles down the road from Pinehurst Resort, so there will be chances to go by there for either beverages, a meal or maybe get on The Cradle, which is I think a 900 yard or so short course, that can be played in a very casual and fun environment 

Feel free to drop any questions in this thread and or have just an overall discussion about it.   

There will be a couple surprises as well that aren't mentioned, but we don't know what they are, so that's why they are a surprise!

Ziet er geweldig uit de golfbaan maar the sandhills of North Carolina. zijn  wat te ver weg voor mij.

Sportieve Greetings
Christof

:taylormade-small:Redline Monte Carlo, Face Balanced, Grip:garsen: max

:cleveland-small: RTX5 58°/06°, RTX6° 54° low+8° and 48°/10°Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue Wedge Flex

:wilson_staff_small: D9: 5 en PW; KBS Max Ultralight steel

:taylormade-small: Stealth F.W.7 21° and F.W.3 15° ventus red 5 regular

:taylormade-small: TP5: :vice: Pro plus

Garmin: Vivoactive 4

:nike-small: Air max 90

Also just to add some spice to this Adam Beach-Founder of My Golf Spy is planning on attending.  Pending any changes to his schedule.  

So it will be a great opportunity to hang with Adam and here his thoughts on all things in the industry. 

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Also just to add some spice to this Adam Beach-Founder of My Golf Soy is planning on attending.  Pending any changes to his schedule.  

So it will be a great opportunity to hang with Adam and here his thoughts on all things in the industry. 

Why do I have the feeling, you’ll be more entertaining to Adam then he is to you 😂

Excited to hear that we could have Adam and who knows maybe a few others from HQ joining! Definitely going to make me a FOMO. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

11 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Also just to add some spice to this Adam Beach-Founder of My Golf Spy is planning on attending.  Pending any changes to his schedule.  

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Excited to hear that we could have Adam and who knows maybe a few others from HQ joining! Definitely going to make me a FOMO. 

WHAT........... Am I reading this correctly. My interpretation, I will see more fairways instead of the woods. 😍

58 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

WHAT........... Am I reading this correctly. My interpretation, I will see more fairways instead of the woods. 😍

Whoa hang on there, Sport .. there's a good chance you're stuck golfing with me and not one of the pros, so yeah pack your survival kit! 🤣

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

It's right in my back yard, and a bummer I'll be missing it, but my son's high school graduation is way more important.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

Anyone else from in and around Boston looking to make the trip?

Trying to figure out if I'm going to try to fly in or drive down.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

count me in for pinehurst !!! I put down the deposit just now

Edited by McGolf

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

On 1/1/2023 at 9:21 AM, Siamese Moose said:

I'm no longer a maybe, I have booked! See you soon!

Got both your registrations!!   Perfect thanks!

There is still for about 5 more, if we fill those 5 then we'll see about another villa.

Also for those that asked about golf only, I'm waiting on Talamore to get back to me with that info and will post it as soon as available. 

23 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Anyone else from in and around Boston looking to make the trip?

Trying to figure out if I'm going to try to fly in or drive down.

I'm on Long Island; was initially considering driving but prob gonna fly Islip to Raleigh-Durham. It's a lotta driving just for a weekend (and I don't have the butt muscles that apparently @EasyPutter does with his marathon nonstop drives 🤪).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Don't look now... but I might be back in play sooner rather than later.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)