Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Course recommendations for Florida pan handle.

Hopdevil

Only one I have played there is Kelly Plantation, right on the bay as you come in. Nice course with great (albeit tough) greens, but is a bit pricey in my opinion. 

I have a friend that goes down there every year and says Indian Bayou is a great value. I am doing a golf trip there in April and am playing Raven, Regatta Bay and Windswept Dunes. I have heard Raven is the best course down there, and Windswept Dunes is very first timer friendly. Regatta Bay is right besides Kelly. 

Let me know where you play and how it goes. Hopefully it is not too cold, as a cold front is coming in around Xmas. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 8:44 AM, Ben_Howell34 said:

Only one I have played there is Kelly Plantation, right on the bay as you come in. Nice course with great (albeit tough) greens, but is a bit pricey in my opinion. 

I have a friend that goes down there every year and says Indian Bayou is a great value. I am doing a golf trip there in April and am playing Raven, Regatta Bay and Windswept Dunes. I have heard Raven is the best course down there, and Windswept Dunes is very first timer friendly. Regatta Bay is right besides Kelly. 

Let me know where you play and how it goes. Hopefully it is not too cold, as a cold front is coming in around Xmas. 

Thanks for the advice. I played Regatta Bay this morning. I got a $44 hot deal on Golfnow. After an uncharacteristic one hour frost delay they finally turned us loose. Course was in great shape from tee to green. Greens are said to be some of the fastest in the area but due to the extremely cold weather they hadn’t been mowed so they were just average speed but not bad. The staff there were very friendly and helpful. I would play again if I’m ever back down here. Thanks again. Enjoy your trip in April. 

On 12/19/2022 at 1:51 AM, dimii said:

Destin is a great destination for golfers! There are a few courses in the area that are worth playing. The Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort offers a variety of courses that are sure to challenge and entertain golfers of all skill levels. The Raven Golf Club is another top-rated course in the area and offers some amazing views of the Gulf of Mexico. If you’re looking for something a bit more affordable, then the Regatta Bay Golf and Country Club is a great option. No matter what course you choose, you’re sure to have a great time!

Thanks for your reply. I got a $44 hot deal at Regatta Bay today. Had a great day.

3 hours ago, Hopdevil said:

Thanks for the advice. I played Regatta Bay this morning. I got a $44 hot deal on Golfnow. After an uncharacteristic one hour frost delay they finally turned us loose. Course was in great shape from tee to green. Greens are said to be some of the fastest in the area but due to the extremely cold weather they hadn’t been mowed so they were just average speed but not bad. The staff there were very friendly and helpful. I would play again if I’m ever back down here. Thanks again. Enjoy your trip in April. 

Great to hear, glad you had a good time. Excited to play there in April. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter