TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Sun Mountain Lightweight Cart Bag - KG:3

• SPY VIP

Got a cool press release from Sun Mountain that I thought I would share since

1. a 6.5 pound cart bag is sort of cool
  2. Sun Mountain was nice enough to donate a bag to our MGS Madness contest (go KU!)

KG3 Black.jpg

From Sun Mountain:

KG:3 is Heavy in Features and Light in Weight

Missoula, Montana – For the new KG:3 cart bag, the inventors at Sun Mountain took principles honed over 30 years of making the lightest carry bags and applied them to a cart bag. Weighing in at 6.5 lbs, the new for 2012 KG:3 is light in weight but heavy in features offering individual club protection, multiple lift assist handles and pockets specific to the needs of the 21st century golfer. KG:3 will be in golf shops March 2012 with a retail price of $229. For the retailer nearest you, call 800-227-9224 or visit www.sunmountain.com.

The new KG:3 cart bag includes a 10.5”, 15-way divided top offering full-length club protection and a separate putter well for easy access. The top of the KG:3 also includes Sun Mountain's patent-pending three handle-holds offering convenient spots to grab with both hands when lifting the bag onto a cart. An additional hand-hold incorporated into the base of the bag offers an easy place to hold when lifting the bag in and out of a car trunk.

In keeping with a priority at Sun Mountain, the nine pockets on the KG:3 are all forward facing and accessible when the bag is on a cart. Access to the zippers is further aided by a cart-strap tunnel that allows the strap on the cart to pass under the bag's pockets so not to cover up the zipper or squish the contents of the pockets. The nine pockets on the KG:3 include a beverage pouch and a pocket specifically to protect a mobile phone (ringer off, of course!), and offer space to store rain suits, balls, gloves, and accessories. KG:3 also includes a single shoulder strap and a hip pad for comfortable carrying from car to course.

Graphics on the KG:3 are noticeably modern, in keeping with the new-from-the-ground-up design philosophy used on this bag. Color combinations for 2012 include: black/white/lime, black/yam/gunmetal, navy/blue/yellow, blue/titanium/lava, and black.

For 30 years Sun Mountain has been a pioneer in the golf industry, revolutionizing golf bags, golf outerwear and golf carts. Sun Mountain's many innovations, including the first lightweight golf bag and modern stand bag, have made it the top golf bag company in North America. Within golf outerwear, Sun Mountain redefined golf-specific performance first with the windshirt, then fleece, and again with its four-way stretch, waterproof, and breathable rainwear. The Sun Mountain Speed Cart® golf push cart transformed walking carts and created an entirely new category of golf products. Sun Mountain's "Ahead of Time Design" motto drives the company to continually design and refine golf equipment.

For the Sun Mountain retailer nearest you call 800-227-9224 or visit www.sunmountain.com.

KG3 Black_White_Lime.jpg

KG3 Black_White_Lime@.jpg

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I ordered one last week!!

I saw it at the PGA show thought, this is the one to stay,

And I got one of the new bag carts. kinda a pimp my ride meets Sun Mountain, from a color perspective.

Can you imagine rolling out in the parking lot with the GOLD and mean GOLD cart bag and the green KG3!!

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

no less than 4

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Archived