Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Kirkland Signature Irons

MattWillGolf

5 minutes ago, FightingScot82 said:

For those speculating on pricing, Costco frequently has a fixed profit margin on what it sells. So I second the thoughts that this will be in the $350-450 range.

FWIW, online they added a stiff shaft and ladies version of the Callaway Edge set and are selling two different Honma iron sets and two different Bettinardi putters both well below normal retail (because they have the fixed profit margin). KS as a brand isn't a simple store label like Aldi - they are a store label on upscale products they know are widely popular. For example, their KS coffee is roasted by Starbucks for them. 

Also, Costco has the best return policy in retail. No questions asked returns if you don't like these clubs. So if you can spare the initial dollars, there's virtually no risk involved if they're not for you after some use. That doesn't happen if you buy off the rack at DSG/GG.

And also fwiw, their k-sig bourbon is FANTASTIC. Lol - kind of a potential derailment of the thread (“name your favorite Costco product” coming soon), but it felt vitally important to this conversation. 🙂

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

2 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

And also fwiw, their k-sig bourbon is FANTASTIC. Lol - kind of a potential derailment of the thread (“name your favorite Costco product” coming soon), but it felt vitally important to this conversation. 🙂

Vitally important to golf?  Of course it is - both go together!  Golf is why the Scots invented whiskey.

GPS111

For any of our lefty friends looking for the KS1 putter, they are on Costco.com, as well as gloves for lefties too. Just so everyone is aware. 

F8A6A7E1-EE8E-41E7-A4B5-6F7665FABFB5.png

TS2 Driver 

Titleist fairway and hybrids

Taylormade M6 irons (smoking deal)

Vokey 48, 54, 58 wedges

Titleist 34” Cameron Red X 5 putter

4 hours ago, WiTerp50 said:

Yawn…. I can’t even get a Kirkland RH glove as a LH golfer, at least at retail. I still don’t get why the wedges are 52-56-60. Assuming most Kirkland buyers trend to 15+ handicap, 48-52-56 would make better sense with G.I. PW coming in at 43-44 degrees. At least the initial putter was only a blade. A mallet would be a better fit in the core buyers. Expecting the irons to equally not match to their core purchasers. …Or me as a LH golfer.

https://www.costco.com/.product.100737685.html

4 hours ago, Gary Martens said:

Thanks for link, didn't see the little weight port before.  Might need some spy advice on how to pull this caper off.  Never been to Costco before, but wife has and she shops just to shop.    Wonder what she would think if I asked to tag along next time she goes, and further what she might say when seeing me squirting off toward the sporting goods department leaving her with the cart. 😎

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

13 minutes ago, MacTourney said:

Thanks for link, didn't see the little weight port before.  Might need some spy advice on how to pull this caper off.  Never been to Costco before, but wife has and she shops just to shop.    Wonder what she would think if I asked to tag along next time she goes, and further what she might say when seeing me squirting off toward the sporting goods department leaving her with the cart. 😎

The good news is two-fold: 

A) tell her you’re tagging along because you heard they have free samples (they do);

B) The sporting goods are usually in the middle of an aisle with other stuff you can easily say you’re looking at. “What? No, I’m not looking at THESE, I was looking at (quick, scan the area) umm…these 15 gallon jars of teriyaki sauce and these … 12-person tents. You know, for when we…host your whole family for…camping.”

Problem solved. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

4 hours ago, Samsonite said:

Just to be clear - I’m someone who IS interested in being fit into clubs, and I’m still interested in these clubs. Assuming they come in halfway-decent lofts, adjusting the lie angles to fit my setup (2° flat at last fitting) and putting shafts in that I prefer (Nippon 105s that are currently in my irons) makes these an interesting option to me. 

Their wedges are excellent - sure, limited (no) grind options, but for the vast majority of golfers (myself included), they’re an incredible value. I did swap out the grips after a year, which has definitely made a positive difference, but overall, there’s very few (if any) better options at that price. 

if these irons can fit a similar profile, they’re going to be brilliant. 

and even those of us interested in a fitting might use them - shocker, I know. 

Good for you.  I exclusively buy their gloves, tried the K balls and didn’t like.  Am in the market for irons but questioning my specs.  I have a fitting sched at my club later this month with PXG so hoping to get a better idea.

You have a good grasp type of shaft and other specs so it makes good sense for you to consider, and  have no doubt there are many others.  And I’m sure Costco has done extensive market research and don’t pay any attention to over-generalizations on social media threads.  Regardless whether you buy or “rent”, I’d be interested in your experience.

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

3 hours ago, Samsonite said:

Nothing better than a round of drinks after a round of golf.  Their wine is also superb, and have bought Makers for a really good price at Costco. How does the K-sig bourbon compare?  I wouldn’t continue the derailment but this is important!

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

12 minutes ago, GaryF said:

Nothing better than a round of drinks after a round of golf.  Their wine is also superb, and have bought Makers for a really good price at Costco. How does the K-sig bourbon compare?  I wouldn’t continue the derailment but this is important!

Hah! I’ve tried both their Bottled in Bond ($24.99) and their Kentucky Bourbon ($19.99) (that might not be the exact name, but it wasn’t their single barrel ($29.99 (or…$39.99? I honestly can’t remember)), which I’ve yet to try), and both were genuinely shockingly good. 

so good, in fact, that if they’re ever in stock again, I will be buying multiple bottles. My guess is that the single-barrel will be exceptional. 

I have no idea where they source it from, but I would say you’d most likely spend close to double for either if they weren’t labeled K-Sig. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

4 hours ago, Samsonite said:

Just to be clear - I’m someone who IS interested in being fit into clubs, and I’m still interested in these clubs. Assuming they come in halfway-decent lofts, adjusting the lie angles to fit my setup (2° flat at last fitting) and putting shafts in that I prefer (Nippon 105s that are currently in my irons) makes these an interesting option to me. 

Their wedges are excellent - sure, limited (no) grind options, but for the vast majority of golfers (myself included), they’re an incredible value. I did swap out the grips after a year, which has definitely made a positive difference, but overall, there’s very few (if any) better options at that price. 

if these irons can fit a similar profile, they’re going to be brilliant. 

and even those of us interested in a fitting might use them - shocker, I know. 

Was just looking at the Costco site.  FWIW, Their Honma irons have the Nippon 105 shaft. 

9 minutes ago, Jcosta said:

Sources say 3-piece hollow body design with forged face. 

That would seem to fit the bill for the biggest appeal right now. 

I think we all knew they couldn’t not have something forged in the name! Haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

To each his own, but I will pass.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

3 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I mean...you're already in the Gold Standards (T100/Forged Tec) - it'd be a weird move to slide into K-Sigs, lol 🙂  Me coming from my TM Sim Max - kinda makes more sense.  

Good luck next week in the Championship game!

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

49 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

... Haha the other Sam(sonite) beat me to it. Forged Tecs are the top of the food chain along with Pro 225's and P790s so unless the Costco irons are a gift for someone else they wouldn't be on your radar at all. Out of curiosity though, I am very interested to see the top line, the shape at address and of course the hosel grind and offset. Target Costco buyers probably leans toward thicker top line, larger head and at least medium offset, especially in the longer irons. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Costco turned in a 4 iron for USGA eval for the conforming clubs list so far.  Until that is complete there are technically no clubs so anything submitted could change in some (or no) aspect.  So any numbers there are are not cast (or forged) yet.  Allow we have is the "please stay interested" teaser until the approval is done and something actually made for sale.

My guess is there is already stock made awaiting the rubber stamp formal approval for shipping.  Knowing the design agency and modern design modeling there was most likely approval to the rules done based on modeling before a club was submitted.  USGA only verifying by measure and inspect that the manufacturing process can make what the design and model has already shown them.

GPS111

Interestingly, the club is no longer listed on the USGA site - not sure what that means, exactly, as I'm not sure if they have to stay listed in order to be sold (or whatever), but it is interesting to me that they've (manufacturer, presumably) removed the listing. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

As a very proud owner of some Stealth irons that I love, I would absolutely buy these if I saw them in store. At least for me, the price is not prohibitive to keep around as a spare set in case a friend came to town. Heck, maybe I would even like them and want to game them. Either way, I’m all in.

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

2 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

As a very proud owner of some Stealth irons that I love, I would absolutely buy these if I saw them in store. At least for me, the price is not prohibitive to keep around as a spare set in case a friend came to town. Heck, maybe I would even like them and want to game them. Either way, I’m all in.

This is where I’m currently falling on the spectrum - if the price is right, and they’re at ALL an improvement on my Sim Max (2020), i see no reason not to at least give them a tryout. Worst case, i return them. Best case, I get a few bucks from my Sims to pay most of the cost

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, AH1980MN said:

Anyone hear anything more on these?

All's quiet on the KSig Front - I've been keeping my eyes peeled, but so far, nothing. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

All's quiet on the KSig Front - I've been keeping my eyes peeled, but so far, nothing. 

You are really keen on these aren't you? haha

I am sure as soon as they have a release date and so on we will have a post in this thread or there will be a blog post about them. They certainly have gathered enough buzz that it is warranted!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

You are really keen on these aren't you? haha

I am sure as soon as they have a release date and so on we will have a post in this thread or there will be a blog post about them. They certainly have gathered enough buzz that it is warranted!

Honestly, at this point, I'm just keen on the IDEA of them, not necessarily the idea of buying them.  I've got my eye on something else currently, but...with Costco's ridiculous return policy, buying these as a test option and then returning feels like a very, very smart and reasonable and financially-sound idea 😉 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

31 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Honestly, at this point, I'm just keen on the IDEA of them, not necessarily the idea of buying them.  I've got my eye on something else currently, but...with Costco's ridiculous return policy, buying these as a test option and then returning feels like a very, very smart and reasonable and financially-sound idea 😉 

... That kinda scares me as too many returns and they may discontinue them. But it is their policy and it is for any reason so I get it. Hopefully they are good enough most don't return them and of course 99% of Costco members aren't on golf forums. 😇

33 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

All the more reason to take the plunge! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

14 minutes ago, chisag said:

... That kinda scares me as too many returns and they may discontinue them. But it is their policy and it is for any reason so I get it. Hopefully they are good enough most don't return them and of course 99% of Costco members aren't on golf forums. 😇

My guess is the vast majority of people buying them won't return them - same with the putter/wedges they've already come out with.  They're "good enough" for the pleebs like me 😉 (I actually think the wedges are pretty incredible - new grips is the key, and they perform astonishingly well - the putter was never for me - I'm a mallet guy, so never even tried it). 

But if they perform even CLOSE to a player's distance iron from the major OEMs, they'll be good enough for most people buying clubs at Costco, lol. My concern honestly is going to be the shaft options, and how (if at all) bendable the heads are, as I'd need to bend them upright a tad to get them into spec.  Which is why my hopes aren't super high, but I'm willing to test them out 😉

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

My concern honestly is going to be the shaft options, and how (if at all) bendable the heads are, as I'd need to bend them upright a tad to get them into spec.  Which is why my hopes aren't super high, but I'm willing to test them out 😉

I have the same question. Can you bend 5hem for those of us that require 2* Flat?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

3 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

I have the same question. Can you bend 5hem for those of us that require 2* Flat?

... Other than Pings (which are a bich to bend and I stopped trying) I haven't run across irons that can't be bent 2* either way. Some stainless steel irons take a little more elbow grease but P790's and Forged Tecs can both be bent 2* and I don't see these being any different. Obviously some really cheap irons or those made of Zinc (yea, I know right?) can snap off when bending 2* but I have been bending irons for 30 years for myself and friends and never snapped an iron other than a cheap knock off.