Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

2023 Evnroll V Series Putter Lineup

GolfSpy_APH

I understand why Evnroll went to weights - it really reduces your operating costs when you cut the number of different heads you need to mill by nearly 2/3rds, but I wish they looked different.  As they are, they almost look like "prototype" heads where they were experimenting with adding weight ports, but hadn't finalized the asethetics.  I know you never look at the bottom of the club at address, but it could potentially be a shelf appeal issue for prospective buyers.

I do love the new squared off bumpers of the ER2.  I don't like that they moved away from the Rocker sole; it really helped me set the putter behind the ball square.  Surprised they took the ER1v (guess it would be EV1 in their new naming system) out of their lineup

1 hour ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

To be fair, this is similar wear you can expect to see on any black finished putter, especially if it not DLC finished.  Same goes for black steel shafts.  But that discussion is for another thread.

Thanks for clarifying for everyone. I thought DLC was supposed to be more durable, but I defer to others for comparisons.

However my Mizuno 60.06 wedge in Gun Metal (DLC?) has held up noticeably better, some wear on the sole only but not that bad. Although it sees less use than my putter, I would think full or partial swings with a wedge would be far more challenging than putter strokes. FWIW

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

18 minutes ago, Middler said:

Thanks for clarifying for everyone. I thought DLC was supposed to be more durable, but I defer to others for comparisons.

However my Mizuno 60.06 wedge in Gun Metal (DLC?) has held up noticeably better, some wear on the sole only but not that bad. Although it sees less use than my putter, I would think full or partial swings with a wedge would be far more challenging than putter strokes. FWIW

DLC is MUCH more durable, but also more expensive and hard to do on a large scale -- that is why no big OEMs offer it as a standard wedge.  My ER2 that I had DLC'd from TheGolfGarage still looks as good as they day I got it in spring 2018

The Wedge finishes are often different.  Much like the Cobra, Titleist, Callaway and taylormade wedges, the black finish is more likely to gently fade in the wear spots vs the black finish on putters that is cheaper and more likely to chip.

On 1/1/2023 at 9:55 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

Evnroll has a whole lot of putters in this line up! 15 to be exact. Definitely a lot that in my wheelhouse as far as looks and seeing as I have never owned a Evnroll putter before this may just be the time. 

You can read the full article here: https://mygolfspy.com/2023-evnroll-v-series-putter-line/

As well we will have a Gratuitous Photo Thread up before too long as well!

What are your favourites and what would be your short list picks? 

Looking forward to the EV5.2 DUO putter. I had the Outback 10 for a year and I love the way it rolled. But I went back to my Stroke Lab 7s , like the feel and look of that putter. So am hoping the EV5.2 look of the Seven with the roll of the Outback 10 will be a winning combination.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

• 1 month later...

Has anyone hit one yet? I was in Golf Galaxy hitting the 5’s. Since they had plastic on them, I’m not quite sure, but the feel seemed a bit more solid. The the 5.1 was really nice looking at address- the curved back made it seem real small, which I liked. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

11 minutes ago, DukeStKing said:

Has anyone hit one yet? I was in Golf Galaxy hitting the 5’s. Since they had plastic on them, I’m not quite sure, but the feel seemed a bit more solid. The the 5.1 was really nice looking at address- the curved back made it seem real small, which I liked. 

I’ve hit them.  To me they had the same feeling as any other Evnroll.  Lots of different options to get the look you like.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

17 hours ago, DukeStKing said:

I hit the new EV 5.2 DUO.. at PGA Store.. and placed my order for it.. Should get here this week..(crossing fingers). Solid feel, seems like the ball jumps out more than previous version. Need to adjust to it if that is truly the case. but feels so good.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

On 2/27/2023 at 3:04 PM, DukeStKing said:

I've been using an ER5B for several years. I spent some time with an EV5.1 and an EV5.2 at a PGASS this morning. To be honest, it didn't feel any better or worse than my ER5B. Unless you like the looks, or need a very different hosel, it wouldn't make any sense for me. YMMV

Also tried a LAB Mezz 1 while there. I like the weight and looks but not for me, mostly due to the onset head and the press grips - might get used to the latter, but not the onset.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

No, it looks like new from the top at address. I assume the wear is just from grazing the grass on greens and/or the head cover which rests on the sole when it's in the bag? The latter might sound crazy, but the wear is most prominent at the leading and trailing edge, I can see bare metal at both - and that's a putter that's been babied all along.
Think there must be chemicals on putting surface causing that.
Have murdered out ER2 with gravity grip I am reacquainting myself with .

Ironically when I first got it I putted terribly with it. Grip didn't work...

Now that I have a putting Matt in the basement and am trying it against 2 new putters and my Mizuno Craft IV, I am falling back in love.

Feel nearly up with the Mizuno.
The roll is unreal. Have one of those Taylormade balls with the green stripe on it and it makes a perfect roll with no wobble at all.

The gravity grip now that I have returned to a traditional grip reverse overlap, really helps me feel a square path at impact ( still hate the texture though).

Finally have been experimenting with the 2 little dots on top and I really do see a bit of gearing back to middle.

So while MOI won't be there with my spider X or Agera, the face technology compensates for distance and direction.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I was wondering when the new V series would appear. I was fortunate to test the ER11v a few years ago. I alternate between it and my ER7. looking forward to following this test.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

On 7/6/2023 at 11:50 AM, MattWillGolf said:

I was wondering when the new V series would appear. I was fortunate to test the ER11v a few years ago. I alternate between it and my ER7. looking forward to following this test.

Honestly,  this is one of the tests I'm most excited about seeing the results on. The EV2B in particular is intriguing as a mid-blade to me where you get just that little bit of extra comfort and weight without looking down at a monster of a head. 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

I rolled a few putts with what I believe was the blacked out ev5.1 with a plumbers neck. So it was basically Cameron young’s putter but not a cameron, and I really liked it. I have not loved evnroll to much before. I game the Scotty 5x but after rolling this putter I may consider putting it in the bag. It felt really pure off the face, not dead but not springy. Can’t wait to hear reviews from others on this putter and who know, I may be one of them in the near future lol