TESTERS WANTED! ×

2023 Callaway PARADYM Driver Launch

GolfSpy_APH
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

This is a complete shift in performance, with a design that breaks the tradeoff between incredible distance and exceptional forgiveness. The Paradym Shift Construction features an industry-first 360 Carbon Chassis that eliminates titanium from the body, so we can push weight and stability to the limit.

The Paradym driver model provides a refined shape with high MOI and adjustable perimeter weighting. Engineered for players of all skill levels, this club promotes high launch and low spin characteristics along with a neutral ball flight. It’s our best combination of distance, forgiveness, and adjustability.

Features & Benefits

An Industry-First 360° Carbon Chassis 360° Carbon Chassis promotes unprecedented weight redistribution for maximized distance. The Triaxial Carbon crown and Forged Carbon sole is 44% lighter than a titanium chassis. This massive weight savings is repositioned both forward for fast ball speeds, and toward the back of the clubhead for higher MOI and increased forgiveness.

Speed & Stability from New Jailbreak A.I. Our new A.I. designed Jailbreak system provides stability in both the horizontal and torsional direction. Now with a 33% lighter weight design, we’ve enhanced stability for faster ball speeds from our industry-leading COR.

New A.I Designed Face Optimized for Downrange Dispersion An all-new A.I. face optimization enhances speed, launch and spin, and now downrange dispersion. This is the world’s most advanced driver face designed by artificial intelligence.

Industry-Leading Face Cup and Forged Titanium Face for Fast Ball Speeds Paradym is the first driver to utilize Callaway’s industry-leading face cup technology. We’ve paired the face cup with a powerful, forged titanium face, a combination that provides higher energy transfer to the ball than a standard driver face insert.

Adjustable Perimeter Weighting for Desired Shot Shape The driver head features a refined shape with high MOI and adjustable perimeter weighting. From a 15g sliding weight, players can experience an average of 12 yards of shot shape correction

image.png

image.png

Paradym Drivers
Pricing: $599.99
Lofts: 9, 10.5, 12

Available Pre Order January 13 Avaliable at Retail Februrary 24

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Judging by only three options, instead of 4 and with only one option (triple diamond) with weighting of some sort, I don't know if this will be as successful as the rogue. I like the name and really like that Callaway has gone back to a simpler scheme for colours and design. I'm excited to see specs and shaft matrix for it. I've really come to like Callaway as of late.

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

52 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

Judging by only three options, instead of 4 and with only one option (triple diamond) with weighting of some sort, I don't know if this will be as successful as the rogue. I like the name and really like that Callaway has gone back to a simpler scheme for colours and design. I'm excited to see specs and shaft matrix for it. I've really come to like Callaway as of late.

I am curious to see what you think when you see the colors in person. I loved the look of rogue, but we will see how these go. I won't be getting something new this year. Tsi3 has its spot safe in the bag for the season, however I will be excited to hear how everyone else gets on with these or if maybe it is a bit of a down year for some as it does seem Titleist has been making big gains in this space. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I'm stoked the price of the rogue will now drop a bit! I do think the rogue is better looking but if the paradigm has the same option to custom order colours and what not, then we may see some awesome schemes. I'd like to see what the crown looks like. Callaway has had a rep for putting those graphics around the back of the crown. I'd say the TSi3 is a solid driver for many seasons to come. 

I wonder if Callaway assumes the rogue will still be in play and the paradigm is geared for a style of player that the rogue maybe didn't gravitate towards? The triple diamond I believe is here to stay for good now. I assume it's the only low spin option of that bunch. I'm guessing X will designate draw and the other will be their High MOI model. Although the X is bigger no? Same hosel design so that's awesome. 

If you zoom in on the base model, you can see draw and fade weights at the back, similar to TSr3. The triple diamond either has big weight in back and smaller weight in sole, or they could be the weights like the 816 Alpha Big Bertha Double Diamond was. This actually is starting to look like a really nice driver the harder I look!

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I am curious to see what you think when you see the colors in person.

I know I am not the you in the statement but my thought is:  Bowling ball.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I’m gonna get one for “My wife” and inscribe “Homer” on it 😉

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

5 hours ago, TylorJudd said:

I'm guessing X will designate draw and the other will be their High MOI model. Although the X is bigger no? Same hosel design so that's awesome. 

I *think* the “X” would be the high-MOI one, and the standard one is the non-Diamond, non-X. Maybe they introduce the “D” version later on (if at all)? 

Also - I could be 100% wrong here, but I think this is not the default color-scheme, but a simple schematic for approval requirements. (I’m basing this on Cobra‘s Aerojet submission also being (effectively) black and white, but all images from prototypes being blue/white.)

It truly is the best time of year, isn’t it? Ahhhh…new toys to drool over!

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

15 minutes ago, cnosil said:

From the full color photos I've seen, I like the looks of the hammered carbon.

This is the only release I'm truly excited about this season.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

2 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

I *think* the “X” would be the high-MOI one, and the standard one is the non-Diamond, non-X. Maybe they introduce the “D” version later on (if at all)? 

Also - I could be 100% wrong here, but I think this is not the default color-scheme, but a simple schematic for approval requirements. (I’m basing this on Cobra‘s Aerojet submission also being (effectively) black and white, but all images from prototypes being blue/white.)

It truly is the best time of year, isn’t it? Ahhhh…new toys to drool over!

There is a draw version;  per the MGS team I hit it on Friday as it was my day to hit the draw group of drivers.  I didn't look at the bottom to see the designations, but the USGA photos have to match the production clubs otherwise it isn't on the conforming list.      There are a bunch of versions:  Paradym, Paradym X, Paradym Triple Diamond, Paradym Triple Diamond S and Paradym Max Fast

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, edingc said:

From the full color photos I've seen, I like the looks of the hammered carbon.

This is the only release I'm truly excited about this season.

They couple of models I have hit feel and perform well.   I am not a fan of the color combo;  just doesn't look like something that matches up with a golf club.   I typically just like black drivers and Ping has converted me to a matte finish.

Just now, cnosil said:

There is a draw version;  per the MGS team I hit it on Friday as it was my day to hit the draw group of drivers.  I didn't look at the bottom to see the designations, but the USGA photos have to match the production clubs otherwise it isn't on the conforming list.      There are a bunch of versions:  Paradym, Paradym X, Paradym Triple Diamond, Paradym Triple Diamond S and Paradym Max Fast

Ahh! Ok! I assumed they were just black-and-white. 

So you didn’t love “Homer,” eh? 

btw - I know it’s a ton of work, but I’m so very envious that you get to be a tester. Such an awesome thing - super grateful you’re willing to share your take. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

1 minute ago, Samsonite said:

Ahh! Ok! I assumed they were just black-and-white. 

So you didn’t love “Homer,” eh? 

btw - I know it’s a ton of work, but I’m so very envious that you get to be a tester. Such an awesome thing - super grateful you’re willing to share your take. 

I wasn't exaggerating when I said it looks like a bowling ball (blue/(white/sliver)) 🙂    While I don't like the look they do perform well.  

It does take a lot of time,  but it isn't work.  If it wasn't for most wanted testing,  I would go to the golf stores and hit all the new releases. This just gives me earlier access to clubs and access to clubs that aren't typically in stores.   I do my best to try and remember all the various clubs but as I get older my mind gets cloudier and clubs start to blend together.   

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

I wasn't exaggerating when I said it looks like a bowling ball (blue/(white/sliver)) 🙂    While I don't like the look they do perform well.  

It does take a lot of time,  but it isn't work.  If it wasn't for most wanted testing,  I would go to the golf stores and hit all the new releases. This just gives me earlier access to clubs and access to clubs that aren't typically in stores.   I do my best to try and remember all the various clubs but as I get older my mind gets cloudier and clubs start to blend together.   

I’ve started taking notes with my phone - either voice memos or actual little notes, otherwise everything just evaporates. 

what’s your address? I’ll send us both some ginkgo biloba. Or a notepad and pencil, like an old-school detective. 😉

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

I heard this was the original design. I’m not gonna lie: it’s…striking. 

68D782E6-887B-4FA7-8021-9CD200EE941B.jpeg.30248a0b39e7d7d493b4cc61dcfface0.jpeg

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Don't care for the name.

... I like to think names are irrelevant at this point. I remember golf forums losing their sh!t over "RocketBallz" but the fairway woods set a new standard. That said I do think Titleist has it right with letters and numbers. TSi and TSr may not be memorable, and that is the goal of Marketing, but pretty much everyone knows T100/T200 is a Titleist. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

I could have sworn that was black. Blue is a tough colour for a driver but I suppose Callaway has done this quite a few times now. I can't believe there are 5 different models!! That's a line up and a half

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

36 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

I could have sworn that was black. Blue is a tough colour for a driver but I suppose Callaway has done this quite a few times now. I can't believe there are 5 different models!! That's a line up and a half

Not all clubs that appear on the conforming list are released, and even when they are, not all are released in all countries, or to the public. We'll just have to wait and see what Callaway officially releases when they are officially announced.

6 hours ago, cnosil said:

No word of a lie, I once bought my mum a set of lawn bowls this exact colour

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)
Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, but getting there)
Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)
Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  LAB Golf - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

From what I've heard from people who have played this new driver, it's going to turn some heads.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

10 minutes ago, MattF said:

From what I've heard from people who have played this new driver, it's going to turn some heads.

It will certainly be a looker!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I'm talking performance. They reckon it's pretty much automatic.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

https://www.callawaygolf.com/paradymdrivers/

just came out in the official website a few hours ago. Looks like they are really going after weight reduction to create speed!

also a nice breakdown of the models they will be offering. Looks like the X will be the draw biased version

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I'll be interested to see what everyone thinks of the top down view. There is one that is certainly on the boxy side. Forget which tho.

Also interesting they have that already out with embargos still be a little ways away. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

21 hours ago, TylorJudd said:

Fyi there is a weight screw in the back that looks to fit std Callaway weights

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

That's what she said

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

1 hour ago, RollingGreens said:

just came out in the official website a few hours ago. Looks like they are really going after weight reduction to create speed!

also a nice breakdown of the models they will be offering. Looks like the X will be the draw biased version

I love that space blue carbon they've made with gold weighting accents. Chefs kiss.

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

11 hours ago, chisag said:

... I like to think names are irrelevant at this point. I remember golf forums losing their sh!t over "RocketBallz" but the fairway woods set a new standard. That said I do think Titleist has it right with letters and numbers. TSi and TSr may not be memorable, and that is the goal of Marketing, but pretty much everyone knows T100/T200 is a Titleist. 

I'm sorry, Sir... but the T100 and T200 were terminators before they were Titleists! 

That being said, I too prefer the sort of name codes like Titleist and Ping and Mizuno do versus the named lines like Taylormade, Cobra, and Callaway do.  As I write that... the first 3 versus the second  3 seem to have very different marketing reputations if we look at the MGS survey results over the past few years.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I suppose I don’t hate the look of it. I won’t be looking at the sole of the club too much. The head isn’t bad at all, really has m4 and sim vibes to it. Performance is the big thing I’ll look at, worst case scenario is a great head-cover to improve the Instagram photos😂

Titleist ProV1

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

4 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

Looks like they took the site down? I just clicked on this (also pasted it in browser) and it diverts back to the main page.  Bummer. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

4 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

Looks like they took the site down? I just clicked on this (also pasted it in browser) and it diverts back to the main page.  Bummer. 

image.gif.9d07318cf94cde169cfea7ad779fd7ef.gif

you gotta be quicker than that😂😂

Titleist ProV1