TESTERS WANTED! ×

2023 Official Member Review: Cobalt Q-6 Range Finder

GolfSpy_APH

On 2/5/2023 at 10:36 PM, vandyland said:

I played with a buddy today who has a bushnell v3 pro and the cobalt and bushnell were within +\- 2 yds on every shot up to 200 yds. Interestingly enough, they were ALWAYS different. So one is more accurate than the other. Also, I am loving the zoom feature. That is the most helpful so far as I didn’t have that on my previous model. I do miss the pin seeking vibration though. 

I find this to be the case with virtually ALL laser rangefinders. I have done comparison tests between my current rangefinder, a Precision Pro NX7 Pro (Slope version) and a Bushnell Pro 1600 Slope Edition rangefinder that I have owned for close to a decade. I also often compare the distance readings that I get with the Precision Pro with what my playing partners are getting with their rangefinders on a variety of shot distances (par-3 tee shots, distances to reach and/or clear bunkers and hazards, and approach shots of various lengths). Invariably, I have gotten different readings from the Precision Pro and the Bushnell, but generally only about 1 to 2 yards, from as far out as 200-225 yards (the Bushnell has ALWAYS shown the higher numbers in the display).  This week, I played in a 2-day tournament and was placed with different golfers each day, based on seeding and the prior day’s scores. On both days, at least three of the four golfers in my group were using different makes and models of rangefinder, although on day 2 one of my playing partners had a newer Precision Pro model. We were getting different readings on each rangefinder for our tee shots, but the two Precision Pro models were always within a couple tenths of a yard of each other. The one thing that I noticed was that the guy who was using a cheap MG (Master Grip) rangefinder was having trouble getting accurate readings and sometimes couldn’t get a reading at all. Also, he frequently got readings that were off by 10-12 yards compared to the rest of us.

Unfortunately, nobody that I played with had a Cobalt rangefinder. It would have been nice to compare what type of results that were gotten from one of these rangefinders vs the ones we were using.

FOOTNOTE: I always liked my Bushnell Pro 1600 rangefinder, but it is bulky and heavy, has a display that is hard to see in bright light and even partly cloudy conditions, and battery life is abysmal with the Bushnell. That is why I switched to the Precision Pro a few years ago. I didn’t even carry a rangefinder for a couple of years because I was walking and carrying my bag and was on a “keep the bag as lightweight as possible” kick (on hilly or spread-out courses, I would even drop down to 9 or 10 clubs in my carry bag). Now that I have a Motocaddy power cart, I can afford to stuff my bag with 14 clubs, accessories like the rangefinder, and more than a half dozen golf balls.

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

From the sounds of it mine may be on the way. 

Some mishaps in international shipping meant it was rerouted and on and on. 

Courses are open and eager to try and get this in play soon!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

I find this to be the case with virtually ALL laser rangefinders. I have done comparison tests between my current rangefinder, a Precision Pro NX7 Pro (Slope version) and a Bushnell Pro 1600 Slope Edition rangefinder that I have owned for close to a decade. I also often compare the distance readings that I get with the Precision Pro with what my playing partners are getting with their rangefinders on a variety of shot distances (par-3 tee shots, distances to reach and/or clear bunkers and hazards, and approach shots of various lengths). Invariably, I have gotten different readings from the Precision Pro and the Bushnell, but generally only about 1 to 2 yards, from as far out as 200-225 yards (the Bushnell has ALWAYS shown the higher numbers in the display).  This week, I played in a 2-day tournament and was placed with different golfers each day, based on seeding and the prior day’s scores. On both days, at least three of the four golfers in my group were using different makes and models of rangefinder, although on day 2 one of my playing partners had a newer Precision Pro model. We were getting different readings on each rangefinder for our tee shots, but the two Precision Pro models were always within a couple tenths of a yard of each other. The one thing that I noticed was that the guy who was using a cheap MG (Master Grip) rangefinder was having trouble getting accurate readings and sometimes couldn’t get a reading at all. Also, he frequently got readings that were off by 10-12 yards compared to the rest of us.

Unfortunately, nobody that I played with had a Cobalt rangefinder. It would have been nice to compare what type of results that were gotten from one of these rangefinders vs the ones we were using.

FOOTNOTE: I always liked my Bushnell Pro 1600 rangefinder, but it is bulky and heavy, has a display that is hard to see in bright light and even partly cloudy conditions, and battery life is abysmal with the Bushnell. That is why I switched to the Precision Pro a few years ago. I didn’t even carry a rangefinder for a couple of years because I was walking and carrying my bag and was on a “keep the bag as lightweight as possible” kick (on hilly or spread-out courses, I would even drop down to 9 or 10 clubs in my carry bag). Now that I have a Motocaddy power cart, I can afford to stuff my bag with 14 clubs, accessories like the rangefinder, and more than a half dozen golf balls.

I think you're completely correct. Probably comes down to the features and screen I guess? Cobalt is going to make high quality stuff, Bushnell is always going to make high quality stuff, shot Scope will always make good stuff. My mileseey rangefinder is pretty accurate against my shot Scope V3 and 18 Birdies app. Does the cobalt link to GPS?

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

2 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

I think you're completely correct. Probably comes down to the features and screen I guess? Cobalt is going to make high quality stuff, Bushnell is always going to make high quality stuff, shot Scope will always make good stuff. My mileseey rangefinder is pretty accurate against my shot Scope V3 and 18 Birdies app. Does the cobalt link to GPS?

I don’t know the answer to that question because I don’t have a Cobalt rangefinder (I am not one of the MGS testers).

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

19 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

I don’t know the answer to that question because I don’t have a Cobalt rangefinder (I am not one of the MGS testers).

Whoops

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

7 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

Whoops

To my knowledge it doesn't. However I will be able to confirm once I have it in hand and start testing.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Another round, another new feature! Used the pinseeking interface today which works well but is slightly different than I am used to so I was adjusting. It vibrates and gives you that same feedback it is just the holding down of the button I wasn't used to. I should also say that the zoom feature is excellent and a total gamechanger for me coming from a budget rangefinder. The color scheme is also growing on me and it is eye catching as people have looked at mine and said "what is that, I've never seen COBALT before." Maybe these design departments know what they are doing after all. Also, the light on when slope is engaged is a great feature for competition. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* "Std" setting ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 18* "lower" setting➖ :mizuno-small: Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Cobalt out for a rare cart round this past weekend:

cobalt1.jpg.43853716baaa447dbb3f5e3b1d3a1e97.jpg

Was having a little bit of trouble shooting flags but I had been messing with the settings and functionality so maybe that had something to do with it. Really only took 2-3 shots at the first few flags and by hole 4 it was fine. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* "Std" setting ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 18* "lower" setting➖ :mizuno-small: Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

How do you guys feel about the accuracy of the unit so far? Have you compared to any other tech?

sorry I’m advance if I missed one of you talking about that already! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

How do you guys feel about the accuracy of the unit so far? Have you compared to any other tech?

sorry I’m advance if I missed one of you talking about that already! 

I have posted on this already. I compared the Bushnell Pro 500, the Tectectec laser against the Cobalt and the cobalt was the most accurate. I used a measuring wheel for the exact distance to check the units. See my post on Feb 1st. Very pleased with the accuracy and my other units are now being moved to the dark confines of the golf cabinet of misfit toys!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Compared the Cobalt to the Tectectec again. This time at the driving range. The driving range is 220 to the net and right behind the net are tall thin trunked pines. Cobalt had zero errors. The Tectectec did not perform as well.  It shot past the flags often and picked up the trees. The higher powered zoom on the Cobalt made it even easier to see and acquire the target.

I know I said I was taking the Tec unit out of the bag but frankly I forgot. But I got another good test completed.

Still awaiting mine to arrive. Hopefully sometime this next week? I am getting a lot more golf in and have officially ditched Arccos so a lot of the rounds I really am flying blind when it comes to distances. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Played 18 this morning with the Cobolt Q6. The other laser is out of the bag and I purposely left the GPS watch at home. I'm really liking this unit. Whatever I aimed at I got the correct distance. This helped me trust my game and yardages. I was able to get in better positions on all the dog legs.

Due to a shipping issue the Cobalt Range finder will not be able to be sent to me. 

If you are interested in being a tester, please send me a PM. I will be making a decision on the new tester before the weekend is over. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Due to a shipping issue the Cobalt Range finder will not be able to be sent to me. 

If you are interested in being a tester, please send me a PM. I will be making a decision on the new tester before the weekend is over. 

I hate that you've run into all the issues you've had getting the rangefinder, but think it's cool that you're going to let someone else get the opportunity to test it. I can't wait to see who you pick and read their review. 

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Sorry to hear it didn’t work out for you, Jamie! Great gesture letting someone else have an opportunity to test it.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Hey,

I am a Senior, veteran who plays to a 12 handicap, on Western Pa public courses.  I do not use a range finder at this time, but have been shopping for one.  I would like to test and report on the Cobalt Range Finder.

VETERAN

BROKE 80

8 hours ago, DMAC said:

Hey,

I am a Senior, veteran who plays to a 12 handicap, on Western Pa public courses.  I do not use a range finder at this time, but have been shopping for one.  I would like to test and report on the Cobalt Range Finder.

Hey @DMAC

Thanks for the interest, however as stated need to send me a PM. Also worth checking and reading this thread. 

Before, as although this tester will be late to the party they are still expected to reach the minimum requirements. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Please all welcome @DriverBreaker as the replacement tester for the Cobalt Q6. Hopefully it will get to him soon and well we can't allow him to test drivers given his name so lets see if he can keep the rangefinder in one piece!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

@DriverBreaker welcome to the Cobalt Q6 testing.  Better to be late to the party than not be invited at all. 🤣 

Can anyone think of any other kind of test that you want me to do with the Cobalt Q6?  I'm running out of ideas. I have put this through a series of different things already but there is only so much you can do with a laser rangefinder if you know what I mean. It is still impressing the heck out of me. Still on the same battery too. 

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Please all welcome @DriverBreaker as the replacement tester for the Cobalt Q6. Hopefully it will get to him soon and well we can't allow him to test drivers given his name so lets see if he can keep the rangefinder in one piece!

Happy to join the group!  I read through all the testers’ thoughts and can’t wait to give it a test!

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

How tight is that brightness knob? Is it something that you think will get loose over time? Do you notice the knob at all when using, as in does to get in the way? Aside from not being able to use wraparound magnets. 

Sidebar: For rangefinders with slope in general, when you lock onto a flag, does it factor the height of the flag into the slope calculation? I believe the standard flag height is 7', I wonder if this is added to the into the calculation when a pin is locked on. If so, do you think it account for the 7' when you lock onto something like a tree or post. Although, I doubt 7' really makes much of a difference when shooting a flag 200+ yards out. 

• Ping 425 Max 9* | Ping Tour 65 S
  • Ping 425 Max 3w+5w | Ping Tour 75 S
  • Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal 4i-GW | Nippon NS Pro 950GH NEO S
  • Mizuno S23 54/10S + 58/12D | KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 W
  • Odyssey Stroke Lab 2-Ball Fang
  • Maxfli Tour X | Bridgestone e12 Contact
  • Ogio Alpha 14 | Clicgear 4.0
  • Arccos | Apple Watch Ultra

22 minutes ago, Kitsu said:

How tight is that brightness knob? Is it something that you think will get loose over time? Do you notice the knob at all when using, as in does to get in the way? Aside from not being able to use wraparound magnets. 

Sidebar: For rangefinders with slope in general, when you lock onto a flag, does it factor the height of the flag into the slope calculation? I believe the standard flag height is 7', I wonder if this is added to the into the calculation when a pin is locked on. If so, do you think it account for the 7' when you lock onto something like a tree or post. Although, I doubt 7' really makes much of a difference when shooting a flag 200+ yards out. 

The brightness knob will not loosen up over time. As you adjust the brightness it clicks into a detent every 1/16 of an inch in rotation or something like that. For a right hanger you could never even come into contact with the knob. For left handers it does come into contact with your palm, but it is flat enough that it is not an issue. 

For the sidebar. I do not know how the calculations are made. Probably proprietary programming on their Pin Sense Technology. If I were to guess, I would think it is a direct line to the target for the laser to calculate distance. Then the angle of the unit will give the additive or deduction to give you the calculated distance (slope value). I think the Pin Sense technology is a built-in image or profile of sorts in the program to let the unit know it is a pin and not a tree. 

Hello again Spies!  Tony here with another review for the MGS Forum!  I have been blessed to do several reviews for the Forum in the past (Srixon Z-Star golf balls, Super Speed training system, Cleveland Frontline Elevado, and L.A.B. DF2.1) and have the opportunity to pinch hit for this Cobalt Q-6 Range Finder.

introphoto1.jpg.c5645ebb1f6db07050f90908b390e81e.jpg

My job puts me around golf quite a bit.  I run Player Development, Internships, and teach classes as a professor in a Professional Golf Management (PGA) Program at a large university in North Carolina.   While our winters are a bit chilly, I do get year-round golf.  My job mostly has me helping others improve their own golf games and I absolutely love it (just in case you couldn't tell by the photos)!  

photo6.jpg.21d696585a45879c7e02152996ba6031.jpg

Currently, I play off a 3 handicap and I want to start playing in PGA Section tournaments this year.  I find when I have some goals to shoot for, I am much more likely to practice and play more often.  I would call myself a competitive golfer who needs to actually play much more to reach my golfing potential.

introphoto2.jpg.1803c5caf6cadccfb640388d2287e5e9.jpg

While accurate distances to the flag, bunkers, hazards, etc. are vital to playing your best golf at any level, as you start playing in tournaments it becomes even more important.  A yard off or an incorrect target reading (tree in the background behind the flag) could severely cost you in your club selection.  In many tournaments, one stroke is the difference between winning and losing. 

photo4.jpg.05e430f2321dc42bfbe15d795da13a9a.jpg

I’m currently using a Leupold GX-3i2 range finder that I’ve been pleased with overall.  I’ve never been one to spend $$$ on a range finder, but as I’m going to play competitively, this review opportunity is perfectly timed.  I’ve heard next to nothing about Cobalt Range Finders in the past.  To be honest, when I saw that this product needed another tester to step in, I wasn’t sure about it.  I’m not saying that I only trust well-established big players like Bushnell, but I just didn’t have any context for the Cobalt line.  Having read through the other testers’ posts thus far, I have high expectations for this device. 

photo5.jpg.f4ccaee3421a58189e4994b13269e4f6.jpg

To earn a spot in my bag and kick out the Leupold, this range finder needs to be accurate.  If I shoot a flag three times in a row, I expect the yardage to be the same every time.  I read this one shows the 10th place (same as the Leupold), so I’d say as long as the whole number is the same (e.g., 125.2, 125.6) each time, I’m good to go.  Durability and quality of build are also premier for me.  I have two kids who like to play with me and they love to check out all of dad’s tech.  They’re very respectful of my stuff, but accidents happen.   Ease of use is also important.  I don’t want to use something that is cumbersome or awkward.  Finally, optics are important.   The viewfinder needs to be clear and adjustable.  Aside from that, if it works, I’m happy!

WITB:

9 hours ago, DriverBreaker said:

Hello again Spies!  Tony here with another review for the MGS Forum!  I have been blessed to do several reviews for the Forum in the past (Srixon Z-Star golf balls, Super Speed training system, Cleveland Frontline Elevado, and L.A.B. DF2.1) and have the opportunity to pinch hit for this Cobalt Q-6 Range Finder.

My job puts me around golf quite a bit.  I run Player Development, Internships, and teach classes as a professor in a Professional Golf Management (PGA) Program at a large university in North Carolina.   While our winters are a bit chilly, I do get year-round golf.  My job mostly has me helping others improve their own golf games and I absolutely love it (just in case you couldn't tell by the photos)!  

Currently, I play off a 3 handicap and I want to start playing in PGA Section tournaments this year.  I find when I have some goals to shoot for, I am much more likely to practice and play more often.  I would call myself a competitive golfer who needs to actually play much more to reach my golfing potential.

While accurate distances to the flag, bunkers, hazards, etc. are vital to playing your best golf at any level, as you start playing in tournaments it becomes even more important.  A yard off or an incorrect target reading (tree in the background behind the flag) could severely cost you in your club selection.  In many tournaments, one stroke is the difference between winning and losing. 

I’m currently using a Leupold GX-3i2 range finder that I’ve been pleased with overall.  I’ve never been one to spend $$$ on a range finder, but as I’m going to play competitively, this review opportunity is perfectly timed.  I’ve heard next to nothing about Cobalt Range Finders in the past.  To be honest, when I saw that this product needed another tester to step in, I wasn’t sure about it.  I’m not saying that I only trust well-established big players like Bushnell, but I just didn’t have any context for the Cobalt line.  Having read through the other testers’ posts thus far, I have high expectations for this device. 

To earn a spot in my bag and kick out the Leupold, this range finder needs to be accurate.  If I shoot a flag three times in a row, I expect the yardage to be the same every time.  I read this one shows the 10th place (same as the Leupold), so I’d say as long as the whole number is the same (e.g., 125.2, 125.6) each time, I’m good to go.  Durability and quality of build are also premier for me.  I have two kids who like to play with me and they love to check out all of dad’s tech.  They’re very respectful of my stuff, but accidents happen.   Ease of use is also important.  I don’t want to use something that is cumbersome or awkward.  Finally, optics are important.   The viewfinder needs to be clear and adjustable.  Aside from that, if it works, I’m happy!

Looking forward to your thoughts Tony! Thanks for subbing in on this one.  I am also a former Leupold user.  Actually it might have been the same model... GX 3i2 sounds right, I really like it, particularly in scan mode.  I think I still prefer that over the buzzing models that dominate the market.  I like to see the trees in the distance are 182... scan over the flag once or twice, and see it lock in at 140 yards.  Makes it really easy to know you've got the flag.  I find that more reassuring than gettin a buzz and little flag icon. haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Looking forward to your thoughts Tony! Thanks for subbing in on this one.  I am also a former Leupold user.  Actually it might have been the same model... GX 3i2 sounds right, I really like it, particularly in scan mode.  I think I still prefer that over the buzzing models that dominate the market.  I like to see the trees in the distance are 182... scan over the flag once or twice, and see it lock in at 140 yards.  Makes it really easy to know you've got the flag.  I find that more reassuring than gettin a buzz and little flag icon. haha

That’s a fair point.  It is useful to be able to know you’ve hit the foremost (flag) object while scanning.  Reaffirms that you’ve got the right target.

WITB:

On 3/11/2023 at 1:01 PM, DriverBreaker said:

Looking forward to your review!

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

Still loving this little guy. Last test will probably be for longer range stuff and trying to use it against google earth pro (knowing that google earth pro’s accuracy could be questionable). 

306AFC13-EAFE-40DC-835C-189FBF88501E.jpeg