TESTERS WANTED! ×

Winning Clubs: Ernie Els at WGC-CA Championship

Moecat

http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/2010/03/winning-clubs-ernie-els-callaway-ca-championship.html

6a00d8341caaef53ef0120a9380317970b-500wi

DRIVER: Calaway FT-9 Tour Authentic (8.5Ëš) with Project X shaft

FAIRWAY: Callaway X Tour (14Ëš, 19Ëš) with Project X shafts

IRONS: Callaway Tour Authentic Proto X (3-PW) with KBS Tour shafts

WEDGES: Callaway X Forged (54Ëš, 59Ëš) with KBS Tour shafts

PUTTER: Odyssey White Ice #5

BALL: Callaway Tour (i)s

Love that Driver and love those irons! Great clubs! Also congrats to Ernie well deserved, been too long! Great Job yesterday to keep it going.

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/2010/03/winning-clubs-ernie-els-callaway-ca-championship.html

6a00d8341caaef53ef0120a9380317970b-500wi

DRIVER: Calaway FT-9 Tour Authentic (8.5Ëš) with Project X shaft

FAIRWAY: Callaway X Tour (14Ëš, 19Ëš) with Project X shafts

IRONS: Callaway Tour Authentic Proto X (3-PW) with KBS Tour shafts

WEDGES: Callaway X Forged (54Ëš, 59Ëš) with KBS Tour shafts

PUTTER: Odyssey White Ice #5

BALL: Callaway Tour (i)s

Callaway has been saying in all their press releases that he was playing the new FT Tour driver, not the FT-9. Not sure who is right...

http://www.callawaygolf.com/Global/en-US/TheTour/Articles/ElswinsatDoralwithnewFTTourDriverandTourisGolfBall.html

Great to see Ernie out there kicking butt again. And great to see those protos... anyone know when we lower class golfers will have access to them?

The blades? You can buy them now if you want to shell out enough cash for them.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

Callaway has been saying in all their press releases that he was playing the new FT Tour driver, not the FT-9. Not sure who is right...

http://www.callawaygolf.com/Global/en-US/TheTour/Articles/ElswinsatDoralwithnewFTTourDriverandTourisGolfBall.html

If that photo is from the CA event I would assume he was playing the FT 9

• SPY VIP

If that photo is from the CA event I would assume he was playing the FT 9

Callaway made the FT Tour available to its pros towards the end of last season. Back then it was called the FT-9 Tour Authentic. The name was changed to FT Tour when they became available to the general public. Essentially Ernie is playing the new FT Tour with a different paint job.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Callaway made the FT Tour available to its pros towards the end of last season. Back then it was called the FT-9 Tour Authentic. The name was changed to FT Tour when they became available to the general public. Essentially Ernie is playing the new FT Tour with a different paint job.

isnt the FT Tour a bit smaller in CC? Not sure, i just thought the FT9 TA was an FT9 with a hosel similar to the FT5 TA and the FT Tour is 380 CC if i remember correctly.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

• SPY VIP

isnt the FT Tour a bit smaller in CC? Not sure, i just thought the FT9 TA was an FT9 with a hosel similar to the FT5 TA and the FT Tour is 380 CC if i remember correctly.

My understanding is that the FT Tour and FT9 TA are the same club (mysteriously renamed over the winter, perhaps to avoid confusion). It's a traditionally hoseled club (radical departure for Callaway). It's 440cc instead of the 4600cc volume we've come to expect. The face is 1.5 degrees open (I believe the FT-9 Tour head is 1 degree open). I actually prefer the sole graphics on the original. As much as I love simple, the version brought to market is a little bland.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Archived