Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

AccuFlex Creation 80 X-Flex

Zugger01

Looking to move from S-Flex to X-Flex in my fairway wood. Found an AccuFlex Creation 80 X-Stiff on Diamond Tour Golf's Website for $49.99. Being born in the 2000s' I haven't heard a lot AccuFlex until know. I am wondering if I should buy it and if its worth it. What should I gain from it. If it helps I have a Project X Hzrdus Smoke Yellow in 75 Grams S-Flex. 

Taylormade Stealth 9 Degree - Project X HZARDUS Black RDX 6.5 70 Gram :taylormade-small:

PXG 0341x 15 Degree - Project X Hazardous Yellow 70 Gram :PXG:

Adams Hybrid DHY - Project X Hzardus Black 6.5 80 Gram Hybrid Shaft :adams-small:

Sub70 699 Pro 4 Iron(KBS Tour 120 Stiff) 659 CB/TC/MB 5 - PW (Dynamic Golf X100):Sub70:

Taylormade MG 3 50*, 56*, 60* - True Temper Dynamic Golf Wedge Shaft :taylormade-small:

Taylormade Spider Black(No Sightline) - KBS Black Putter Shaft :taylormade-small:

15 minutes ago, Zugger01 said:

Looking to move from S-Flex to X-Flex in my fairway wood. Found an AccuFlex Creation 80 X-Stiff on Diamond Tour Golf's Website for $49.99. Being born in the 2000s' I haven't heard a lot AccuFlex until know. I am wondering if I should buy it and if its worth it. What should I gain from it. If it helps I have a Project X Hzrdus Smoke Yellow in 75 Grams S-Flex. 

You will need to provide a few more details to get any answers. What don’t you like about the Smoke Yellow? 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Looking for an X-Flex shaft. Not wanting to spend a lot of money on a shaft. I found this, but don't know a lot about it.

Taylormade Stealth 9 Degree - Project X HZARDUS Black RDX 6.5 70 Gram :taylormade-small:

Adams Hybrid DHY - Project X Hzardus Black 6.5 80 Gram Hybrid Shaft :adams-small:

Sub70 699 Pro 4 Iron(KBS Tour 120 Stiff) 659 CB/TC/MB 5 - PW (Dynamic Golf X100):Sub70:

Taylormade MG 3 50*, 56*, 60* - True Temper Dynamic Golf Wedge Shaft :taylormade-small:

Taylormade Spider Black(No Sightline) - KBS Black Putter Shaft :taylormade-small:

38 minutes ago, Zugger01 said:

What more do you want to know than the product description provides?  https://www.accuflexgolfshafts.com/shafts/creation-series/creation-80.html

Accuflex has ben around for a while and were the stock shafts in the SMT component heads that were big in the early 2000s.   Many of their shafts were targeted at the long drive community.  I played one of their shafts in an SMT head and thought it was a good combo.

What will you gain?  who knows until you actually hit the shaft.   You might actually lose things as well.  When swinging a club how it performs is related to how you react to and swing the club.   

Is it worth it?  we probably can't answer that.  Does it seem worth it you you?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

What more do you want to know than the product description provides?  https://www.accuflexgolfshafts.com/shafts/creation-series/creation-80.html

Accuflex has ben around for a while and were the stock shafts in the SMT component heads that were big in the early 2000s.   Many of their shafts were targeted at the long drive community.  I played one of their shafts in an SMT head and thought it was a good combo.

What will you gain?  who knows until you actually hit the shaft.   You might actually lose things as well.  When swinging a club how it performs is related to how you react to and swing the club.   

Is it worth it?  we probably can't answer that.  Does it seem worth it you you?  

With the shaft being more of a long drive shaft it would be maybe not the best for a 3 Wood, wanting more consistency? Another Question is what should I look for when it comes to specs if I want a constant fairway finding 3 wood?

10 minutes ago, Zugger01 said:

With the shaft being more of a long drive shaft it would be maybe not the best for a 3 Wood, wanting more consistency? Another Question is what should I look for when it comes to specs if I want a constant fairway finding 3 wood?

IMO, being a long drive shaft is more about the profile and not whether it is for a driver or 3 wood.   I can't tell you if it would provide more consistency or what to look for as I know nothing about your swing.  Why do you think you need an X flex?  what is wrong with your current shaft that you are trying to change?  Do you have launch monitor numbers to show your inconsistencies?  do you have a dispersion map from your current shaft?

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I’ll add that I find fairway woods to be some of the most personal clubs you have. Right there with Putters. It took me forever to find some that I hit consistently. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

6 minutes ago, cnosil said:

IMO, being a long drive shaft is more about the profile and not whether it is for a driver or 3 wood.   I can't tell you if it would provide more consistency or what to look for as I know nothing about your swing.  Why do you think you need an X flex?  what is wrong with your current shaft that you are trying to change?  Do you have launch monitor numbers to show your inconsistencies?  do you have a dispersion map from your current shaft?

Being a High School Golfer I have been in the weight room, and with getting fit for X100s' in my Irons and having a RDX Black 6.5 70 Gram I just felt like I may need an x-stiff shaft in my 3 wood. I like my Smoke Yellow, just looking for something that I can play for a few years and limit the amount left I go. 

27 minutes ago, Zugger01 said:

Being a High School Golfer I have been in the weight room, and with getting fit for X100s' in my Irons and having a RDX Black 6.5 70 Gram I just felt like I may need an x-stiff shaft in my 3 wood. I like my Smoke Yellow, just looking for something that I can play for a few years and limit the amount left I go. 

Since you want cheap,  just go with the Accuflex;  as good of a suggestion as anything else.     

46 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Since you want cheap,  just go with the Accuflex;  as good of a suggestion as anything else.     

Thanks for your guy's help. I no I am not easy to always work with especially when it comes to Golf Shafts.

8 hours ago, Zugger01 said:

EDIT: Looks like I am late to the party and you already found the answer, but anyway my response is below if interested. 

Hzrdus Smoke Yellow is a counter balanced shaft so although 75 grams going to a non counter balanced 80 I believe it is going to feel a lot heavier. At least I think. 

As for the company accuflex. Can't say I've heard of it and would be nice to find a ei curve, but based on the description on their site it has a unique profile. 

image.png

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

10 hours ago, Zugger01 said:

Thanks for your guy's help. I no I am not easy to always work with especially when it comes to Golf Shafts.

It’s fine, their are a lot of shafts that could fit what you are looking for, but you seem to be looking for inexpensive options which limits you pool of shafts.  There isn’t a single here is the shaft you need kind of answer.   Go to multiple fitters and you are likely to get different recommendations.  You are basically in a path of fitting yourself and unless you stick to the path of more mainstream shafts; which comes with a cost increase over what I believe you are trying to spend, you are simply doing trial and error.   The negatives to trial and error is there is a cost and the need to resell what you tried if it doesn’t work.  

IMO going from what is a high quality 6.0 HZRDUS Yellow to a lesser quality Accuflex just for the sake of having 6.5, you will probably see poor results. Especially if that yellow works pretty well. I would save the $50 plus whatever for installation and put that towards something else. The Accuflex is higher launching so you're going to see the ball get up much higher than the yellow. So depending on the wood that could be good, or bad. @cnosil has summed it up perfectly. I think more research needs to be done and TXG would be a great place to start. Good s*** ain't cheap and cheap s*** ain't good.

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus