Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Cobra King Irons

TR1PTIK

I'm sure Tony or John will be dropping something on the blog and @GolfSpy_APH will have another post in here somewhere but saw this review from True Spec and couldn't wait to share. I'm already in love with these irons!!! 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Was a great video. 

Really excited for these irons. 

Thanks for posting! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Was a great video. 

Really excited for these irons. 

Thanks for posting! 

Can't wait to get more on the technical details from you and the guys on the main site. What I love about these is that they seem to blend very well aesthetically which is something I think other lineups are missing. They might have two irons that blend okay, but not all three except for Srixon.

Screenshot_2023-01-12-16-54-35-34_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

https://mygolfspy.com/cobra-king-tour-irons-tour-cb-mb/

Key takeaways:

Three new models: KING Tour, KING CB and KING MB

Five-step forging process, not industry-standard four

Intricate shape and design consistency clubhead to clubhead

KING Tec Utility features COBRA metalwood face technologies

Also there is a new king forged tec utility!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

🤤 sums it up

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 hours ago, edingc said:

Cobra outdid themselves. These are beautiful. Their whole iron line is so underrated.

I hate release season. I've rebuilt my bag in my head way too many times already. Paradym driver and 3W, KING Tours or MKIIs, RTX 6s. Just take my money!

Seriously though... those all look so clean.  Just add another thing to the list of gear I want to try! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

And the TXG review:

Something of a general note with this video. Matt starts off seemingly strong with the King Tour but absolutely flushes the CB and produces better numbers with it. The comment about offset is exactly how I feel and why I lean towards players irons. Just something that caught my attention because when I try to explain to people why I play forged cavity backs or blades, I often get funny looks lol.

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

And the TXG review:

Something of a general note with this video. Matt starts off seemingly strong with the King Tour but absolutely flushes the CB and produces better numbers with it. The comment about offset is exactly how I feel and why I lean towards players irons. Just something that caught my attention because when I try to explain to people why I play forged cavity backs or blades, I often get funny looks lol.

I noticed that, too! 

My favorite part of both this and the TrueSpec video posted above is that both reviewers have commented about how unbelievably good they all feel - Matty seemed like he could tell the sound/feel difference between the MB/CB, but the fact that they made the King Tour both so forgiving and just so, so beautiful - man.  I can't stop staring at them, lol.  These just moved to the top of my "try just for fun" list - the fitter's going to murder me.  

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Part of me wonders if those blades can make me better... I mean, Matty hit them further so they must be better for me too. 😉

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

20 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

I noticed that, too! 

My favorite part of both this and the TrueSpec video posted above is that both reviewers have commented about how unbelievably good they all feel - Matty seemed like he could tell the sound/feel difference between the MB/CB, but the fact that they made the King Tour both so forgiving and just so, so beautiful - man.  I can't stop staring at them, lol.  These just moved to the top of my "try just for fun" list - the fitter's going to murder me.  

Was a great review by TXG. I'll admit i don't engage as well with these outdoor release Videos as much, but still enjoy watching them of course. 

These are a must try for so many I'm thinking. Just so clean and pure. Well done cobra, well done!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

16 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Part of me wonders if those blades can make me better... I mean, Matty hit them further so they must be better for me too. 😉

@chisag - I'm just making sure you're seeing this 😉 I know you agree that blades are the answer to all my woes 🙂

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

3 hours ago, Samsonite said:

These just moved to the top of my "try just for fun" list

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

These are a must try for so many I'm thinking. Just so clean and pure.

I don’t even have to try them. I would buy them as home or office decoration. If people can buy decorative plates that nobody eats off of, why can’t I have decorative golf clubs. I could carry them around with me wherever I go. Let’s see a plate do that. 

4 hours ago, Samsonite said:

@chisag - I'm just making sure you're seeing this 😉 I know you agree that blades are the answer to all my woes 🙂

... In all seriousness Cobra has been killing Players Irons for years. Going 20 years back with the SS Forged. But the Amp Forged was the real eye opener and in my opinion set Cobra apart from the rest. A big part of that is to my eye they have the best hosel grind in golf and when done right, like a good Olineman you don't even notice it is there. The size has always been just about perfect too as they tend to look a little larger when placed next to T100's and for many that adds confidence especially when you know they are the same size. And the feel is just exquisite. Head to head with Titleist, TaylorMade and Mizuno's best, all amazing irons, the Cobra's come out just a little ahead. 

... I don't expect it to be any different with these new irons. Cobra has always attempted to be eye catching and many forum members think they failed miserably from the bright orange in the Amp Forged to the large KING on the back of the MIM Tours. But at address where it really counts there is not a better looking iron. And the subtle cavities of these '23 irons may be what finally puts Cobra over the top for many that have not previously played their irons. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... In all seriousness Cobra has been killing Players Irons for years. Going 20 years back with the SS Forged. But the Amp Forged was the real eye opener and in my opinion set Cobra apart from the rest. A big part of that is to my eye they have the best hosel grind in golf and when done right, like a good Olineman you don't even notice it is there. The size has always been just about perfect too as they tend to look a little larger when placed next to T100's and for many that adds confidence especially when you know they are the same size. And the feel is just exquisite. Head to head with Titleist, TaylorMade and Mizuno's best, all amazing irons, the Cobra's come out just a little ahead. 

... I don't expect it to be any different with these new irons. Cobra has always attempted to be eye catching and many forum members think they failed miserably from the bright orange in the Amp Forged to the large KING on the back of the MIM Tours. But at address where it really counts there is not a better looking iron. And the subtle cavities of these '23 irons may be what finally puts Cobra over the top for many that have not previously played their irons. 

Buddy of mine had the Amp Cell Pro irons at one point and let me try them out. I had already caught on to the idea Cobra made some good irons but that 100% solidified it.

9 hours ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

The CBs are absolutely stunning.  Not feeling the Cobra woods line this year, but they knocked these irons out of the park.

My thoughts exactly: makes me wonder about CB/MB combo set. Straight 🔥

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

7 hours ago, chisag said:

I still have a set of FlyZ Pro irons and you are spot on the feel is just beyond good. Had the Amp Cell pro as well and loved them, but were a bit too much game for me. 

I love my sub70 and will be playing them for the season, but won't be surprised to see a set of these make their way into my bag in the future. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Yeahhhh, these look good enough that I need to just stop looking at them in general for the sake of torching my golf budget for the year before we even get to February.

Cobra is so underrated 

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Kept thinking about these irons and how much I want to give them a try. I truly don't need new irons but these could just be worth taking the plunge on.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

These are way up there in terms of irons I really like from this years release. It is between these and the Srixon irons for best players iron release this year so far. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Kept thinking about these irons and how much I want to give them a try. I truly don't need new irons but these could just be worth taking the plunge on.

... Pretty much my thoughts for the last 25 years. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Teach pittsburgh said:

Can anyone comment on the Cobra FX MAX 22’s.  I have been hitting the Callaway X 22’s for the past 7-8 years.  I’ve had a shoulder surgery and my swing speed is now in the mid 90’s.  

I’m 39 and a 16 handicap

Most all of those are going to perform in a similar manner. Meaning they work to do the same sort of thing.

There are many many options out there and many courses should be starting to offer demo days.

Definitely recommend finding one and going through a few sets to see what works best. If it's the Cobra specifically you are looking for..they are a really solid club and offer Overall decent forgiveness and distance at a great price.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW