Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Golfspy_CG2 Driver Shootout

Golfspy_CG2

26 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Or at a movie, when the  credits are done and everyone is leaving, but you hang around just in case, and they have some hilarious outtakes, makes you fell like you got over on everyone else...ha

This is why we want to read everyone’s review.   We don’t want to know the what happens in the post credit scenes; we want to know if they are there and how many so we don’t waste time sitting in the theater and then nothing.  

keep up the good work sacrificing to let us know which clubs we should be looking into more thoroughly.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

The real question is not which one, but how many make it to Pinehurst?

PS that new Ping looks great!  Especially with the Ventus red.  

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

9 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

The real question is not which one, but how many make it to Pinehurst?

PS that new Ping looks great!  Especially with the Ventus red.  

LOl..That is a godo question.  Good thing I'll be driving, lots of room in the SUV 🙂

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

That set-up does look awesome CG2   🤩

Really am going to be interested in your thoughts on the Ventus TR Red in 6S as well, especially knowing which other head/shaft models you were fit into and got along with.

Is it "too early" to say I may want to be first in line if when it may go up for sale................................  🤣

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, rkj427 said:

That set-up does look awesome CG2   🤩

Really am going to be interested in your thoughts on the Ventus TR Red in 6S as well, especially knowing which other head/shaft models you were fit into and got along with.

Is it "too early" to say I may want to be first in line if when it may go up for sale................................  🤣

Just mentoning it to be clear.  It is a 5 S Ventus TR Red, 6 would have been a bit too heavy for me.

And yes, it is too early...LOL    Although one of my co workers when he saw I was taking it down to the pavilion to hit, said don't take the plastic off the head, you'll be able to get more for it when you sell it in 3 weeks 😧

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

PING G430  Arrival Day! 

It arrived today, and took some some pics and a quick indoor LM session with MEVO. Will try to get the number up later.  But first impressons. 

• Looks Great
  • Sound MUCH IMPROVED over previous G Models, not on the level of a TSR or Paradym, but very good for a PING
  • This one was ordered at 45 1/4 per the reps suggestion, based on my toe contact and to keep the dessired swing weight.  As a result, it felt a bit different at address but not in a bad way.   ACtually felt like I could control it pretty well. 
  • The Ventus TR Red Shaft looks incredible. 
  • The shots I made good contact with felt really good.   
  • The mishits, you could tell when I missed it low or on a couple occassions a bit high on the face.

Here's some pics to give you a start 

G430 Headcover Shot.jpg

G430 Sole.jpg

G430 Heel.jpg

G430 Face.jpg

G430 Crown.jpg

G430 Ventus Shaft.jpg

B60C45BA-9964-4981-AF35-F220544F9F07.jpeg

Is the clubhead longer face-to-back than the G425?

Something about the white stripe on the bottom makes the club look oblong to me. I can’t tell if it’s the pictures or not. I’ll hang up and listen to your answer.  

1 hour ago, G56744 said:

Is the clubhead longer face-to-back than the G425?

Something about the white stripe on the bottom makes the club look oblong to me. I can’t tell if it’s the pictures or not. I’ll hang up and listen to your answer.  

I don’t have the Max like Rob but to my eye the lst I have reminds me of the g400 lst. Slightly more pointed than the g425 lst but with a shallower face. It gives it the look of a bigger footprint which I like. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Rob I’m really curious what you think of that Ventus red TR.  It’s in my list to try along with a few of the drivers you plan on testing

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to following along on the shootout!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

PARADYM Pics and First Thoughts

First off the driver looks spectacular.  The Blue paterned paint job is really cool.  In bright sun it appears to have a bit of Blue Camo look to it.   But it's not so bright that it blinds you.  Just a great color and look.

The dirver feels very well balaned, for having such a lightweight shaft. 

The sound was very impressive,, a bit more muted than some, but not too muted that you can't feel/hear a solid hit.  

I was messing arund on my r10 with it and some other clubs today and got some very early numbers.   

I feel like I need to offer a disclaimer everytime I mention my distances, that they are not internet golfer numbers. 

Of course my very first shot with it turned out to be my longest at 212 yards, which is on the longer of my averagaes.  Most drives of late for me in the winter have been topping out in the 190's.   With the Paradym most seemed to be coming in the 180's with one or two peaking in the 190s.  It was reading most of my swings at 78 mph which is a bit lower than I see with the TSR. 

It was tough to tell if the LM ws off on heights, but I was only hititng it 50 to 60 feet high, which is low for me, I'm often in the high 70s to 80 foot range with my TSR1.  I'll be ble to tell better on thsi when I get it on the course.  

I unfortuantely didnt' pay as much attention to the spin numbers as I should have, the screen with the data was kind of split into thirds and Ididn't always advance to look at it.  

More thoughts and data to come, as well as some better pics, but here are a few out of hte box.

Pardym Driver Sole.jpg

Paradym Driver Crown.jpg

Paradym Driver Face.jpg

Paradym Driver Toe.jpg

36 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

First off the driver looks spectacular.  The Blue paterned paint job is really cool.  In bright sun it appears to have a bit of Blue Camo look to it.   But it's not so bright that it blinds you.  Just a great color and look.

The sound was very impressive,, a bit more muted than some, but not too muted that you can't feel/hear a solid hit.  

I was messing arund on my r10 with it and some other clubs today and got some very early numbers.   

I feel like I need to offer a disclaimer everytime I mention my distances, that they are not internet golfer numbers. 

Of course my very first shot with it turned out to be my longest at 212 yards, which is on the longer of my averagaes.  Most drives of late for me in the winter have been topping out in the 190's.   With the Paradym most seemed to be coming in the 180's with one or two peaking in the 190s.  It was reading most of my swings at 78 mph which is a bit lower than I see with the TSR. 

It was tough to tell if the LM ws off on heights, but I was only hititng it 50 to 60 feet high, which is low for me, I'm often in the high 70s to 80 foot range with my TSR1.  I'll be ble to tell better on thsi when I get it on the course.  

I unfortuantely didnt' pay as much attention to the spin numbers as I should have, the screen with the data was kind of split into thirds and Ididn't always advance to look at it.  

More thoughts and data to come, as well as some better pics, but here are a few out of hte box.

Pardym Driver Sole.jpg

Paradym Driver Crown.jpg

Paradym Driver Face.jpg

Paradym Driver Toe.jpg

I’ll need to see one of these in person. My first impression when I saw I was that it was not for me visually, but I’ve seen/heard people really enjoying the looks of the club. 

#LeftyGang

So small update.  I was going to list my MEVO for sale locally.  So I hit the range with it quickly yesterday morning, along with the Paradym driver. 

Drives were getting the height I normally see on course.  The MEVO numbers read higher across the board.    CHS, Ball Speed and height.   Height was in the 79 to 94 range which is more my normal.  

I’ll have to take the Garmin out to the range next week and see how it reads on outdoor shots.  To see if the difference was the LM’s or just the ability of the radar to see the entire flight vs limited flight indoors. 

also had the TSR1 out there. Man the 10 or so swings with it, we’re 10 shots I would have taken off the 1st tee and been thrilled with.   I can’t wait to see some on course results with these two. 

On 2/23/2023 at 4:58 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Pardym Driver Sole.jpg

Paradym Driver Crown.jpg

Paradym Driver Face.jpg

Paradym Driver Toe.jpg

The sound of the Paradym line is really addicting. I was on the fence about replacing my driver this year until I hit these and fell in love with the sound, feel and looks. Assuming the carbon shell can hold up, this is the driver of year in my book. (Obviously a bit biased as it's currently hanging out in my bag downstairs just waiting for spring to come...)

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

• 4 weeks later...

So I realize not a lot of activity in this thread lately from me, I apolgizie...a combination of bad weather and real life interfeering.   

But here are some quick thoughts/updates on drivers in play/testing so far.

Titleist TSR!-Has been the most conistent so far.   Much like the TSi1 it just doesn't miss fairways.   Played in recent 2 man scramble a week ago.   My partner who plays whites and drives it bout 240 to 250 and is a solid 8 to 9 handicap hit first eing on the whites.   He had an unusually bad day off the tee...43 degee temps and 25 mph winds will do that.    on no less than 5 holes he was out of play off the tee and said, it' son you partner.   Playing off the Golds...Senior advantage, I hit all 5 of those fiarways and had us good shape into the green.  On the day I hwas 10/14 fairways.   Tough to judge anything distance wise with those winds. but it was long enough for the condtioins. 

Callwway Paradym -Really tough tto judge this one yet.   I may have mentioned it was sent with the wrong shaft, and I hvaen't gotten around to getting the correct shaft yet.  I'm tempted to just take one of my spare shafts sitting around that has a Titleist tip onit and get it switched to a Callaway Tip vs waiting for the shaft from Callaway.   I think it will be very good based on my demo with it, but need to see it on course with a shaft that is fit for me.

PING G430 This came with the Ventus Red TR.  Maybe it's not the shaft for me, but it's been ok, nothing spectacular.  I haven' thit it for a couple weeks as mentioned above, b ut I do have an older PING Alta shaft, I put in it and hit a few range balsl with on a windy day.  Seemed to feel a bit more lively to me with that.  So we will see what som LM testing does with it.

Still to come

Wilson Dyna Power

Cobar Aero Jet

Stealth (+)

Sub 70 849D

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So I realize not a lot of activity in this thread lately from me, I apolgizie...a combination of bad weather and real life interfeering.   

Titleist TSR!-Has been the most conistent so far.   Much like the TSi1 it just doesn't miss fairways.   Played in recent 2 man scramble a week ago.   My partner who plays whites and drives it bout 240 to 250 and is a solid 8 to 9 handicap hit first eing on the whites.   He had an unusually bad day off the tee...43 degee temps and 25 mph winds will do that.    on no less than 5 holes he was out of play off the tee and said, it' son you partner.   Playing off the Golds...Senior advantage, I hit all 5 of those fiarways and had us good shape into the green.  On the day I hwas 10/14 fairways.   Tough to judge anything distance wise with those winds. but it was long enough for the condtioins. 

Titleist drivers just always seem to work for you, Rob.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Wilson Dyna Power

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

TSR!

That Titleist sure has you pumped up! 😜

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

12 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Callwway Paradym -Really tough tto judge this one yet.   I may have mentioned it was sent with the wrong shaft, and I hvaen't gotten around to getting the correct shaft yet.  I'm tempted to just take one of my spare shafts sitting around that has a Titleist tip onit and get it switched to a Callaway Tip vs waiting for the shaft from Callaway.   I think it will be very good based on my demo with it, but need to see it on course with a shaft that is fit for me.

PING G430 This came with the Ventus Red TR.  Maybe it's not the shaft for me, but it's been ok, nothing spectacular.  I haven' thit it for a couple weeks as mentioned above, b ut I do have an older PING Alta shaft, I put in it and hit a few range balsl with on a windy day.  Seemed to feel a bit more lively to me with that.  So we will see what som LM testing does with it.

Still to come

Wilson Dyna Power

Cobar Aero Jet

Stealth (+)

Sub 70 849D

My driver envy kicks in massively every time I check in on this thread 🤣

#LeftyGang

Looks to be a busy Spring for you Rob!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

Looks to be a busy Spring for you Rob!!

Busy but not in the way I would like it to be.  I wish I had more time to do a good run on all these both on the range/LM and on course. 

22 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Titleist drivers just always seem to work for you, Rob.

Yeah, they do now.  That hasn't always been the case, I'd say it started with the 917 model.  Before that, I didn't have much success with them.  I think that is also when Titleist took a look at the entire club lineup and started paying more attention to the forgiveness and GI lines as well. 

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, they do now.  That hasn't always been the case, I'd say it started with the 917 model.  Before that, I didn't have much success with them.  I think that is also when Titleist took a look at the entire club lineup and started paying more attention to the forgiveness and GI lines as well. 

Interesting, I had a 910 D2 and it worked amazingly for my terrible swing at the time. Short, but an absolute fairway finder.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game