Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Wilson Staff Dynapower Lineup

GolfSpy_APH

image.png

MGS Blog Full Article: Wilson Staff Dynapower Drivers, Fairways and Hybrids

A lineup likely to be overlooked by many and one that I am intrigued by. I don't see a lot of Wilson products around, but I will admit that if I do see them I am going to be excited to give them a try and see how they work for me. 

— Nearly 70 years after Wilson Sporting Goods Co. redefined
expectations around power and distance in the iron category, the company today
announced the re-launch of its Dynapower franchise. The complete equipment line includes
adjustable drivers, fairway woods, hybrids and irons that will be available for pre-order on
Wednesday, Feb. 22.

“Dynapower changed the game of golf seven decades ago and it’s time for Wilson to do it
again,” said Tim Clarke, President, Wilson Golf. “These powerful irons and adjustable
drivers are built with our legendary history in mind as we continue to innovate and deliver
top-of-the-line products that raise the confidence of golfers at all skill levels. Our technology
is second-to-none and we’re extremely proud of this new line of Dynapower products.”
In 1956, Wilson introduced the original Dynapower iron and its patented bore-through hosel
design that revolutionized weight distribution. By drilling weight out of the hosel, Wilson was
able to redistribute weight directly behind the hitting area for more power. The 2023
Dynapower irons build on this same weighting concept to redefine distance. Using
exclusive Dynapower A.I. modelling, Wilson analyzed thousands of permutations to identify
the perfect variable thickness option for each section of the face to make more of the
clubface hot, especially center-to-toe where approximately 85 percent of shots are hit.

image.png

New for 2023 is the family of Dynapower adjustable drivers, fairway woods and hybrids.
New Dynapower drivers are available in two high performance options – Carbon or
Titanium – each offering thousands of custom fit settings. Complementary fairway woods
and hybrids round out the offering, all available in men’s and women’s options.

Dynapower Carbon Driver Highlights:
● Neutral bias, low-spin head design: The adjustable Dynapower Carbon driver was
designed for tour caliber performance. Carbon panels on the crown and sole help
produce a lower spinning, mid-launch ball flight that allows maximum workability and
maximum distance.
● Dynamic face thickness: The PKR2 dynamic face thickness is optimized over the
extended area of the clubface to power faster ball speeds.
● Dynamic one-click hosel adapter: The new six-way adjustable hosel allows
players to change their loft and spin in a matter of seconds.
● Pricing: Dynapower Carbon Driver: $499.99
Dynapower Titanium Driver Highlights:
● Neutral-to-draw bias, High MOI head design: The new Dynapower Titanium driver
was designed to deliver tour-level power with maximum forgiveness. A 16-gram rear
weight helps produce a high MOI driver head with a deep, rear CG that delivers
forgiving, mid-to-high launch angles with a neutral-to-draw bias.
● Dynamic face thickness: The PKR2 dynamic face thickness is optimized over the
extended area of the clubface to power faster ball speeds.
● Dynamic sixone-click hosel adapter: The new six-way adjustable hosel allows
players to change their loft and spin in a matter of seconds.
● Pricing: Dynapower Titanium Driver: $429.99
Dynapower Fairway Woods Highlights:
● Dynapower Fairway Woods feature rear weighting and variable face thickness to
deliver the fastest ball speeds over the entire face for higher, soaring ball flight.
● High MOI head design: Dynapower fairway woods features a 12-gram rear weight
to produce a stable, high MOI club head that delivers forgiving, higher launch angles.
● Advance, tour-inspired head shape: Tour player testing resulted in a flatter profile
for a clean setup behind the ball.
● Pricing: Dynapower Fairway Woods: $249.99

Dynapower Hybrids Highlights:
● Dynapower Hybrids showcase a low center of gravity (CG) and variable face
thickness to deliver easy-to-launch ball flight, precise distance and tour-player
preferred, flatter profile for a confident setup.
● High MOI head design: Internal weighting positions the CG low and back to
produce a high MOI clubhead for more forgiveness and higher launch angles.
● Advance, tour-inspired head shape: Tour player testing resulted in a flatter profile
for a clean setup behind the ball.
● Pricing: Dynapower Hybrids: $219.99

The Dynapower clubs are available for pre-sale on Wilson.com starting Wednesday, Feb.
22 and at select retail locations beginning March 1.
For more information on all Wilson Golf products, including drivers, woods, irons, wedges,
putters, balls and accessories, please visit: www.wilson.com and follow @wilsongolf on
social.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

image.png

MGS Blog Article: Wilson Staff Dynapower Irons

Can't forget about the irons!

WILSON STAFF DYNAPOWER IRONS – KEY TAKEAWAYS
Wilson revives a classic tech name for 2023.
Game-improvement irons designed by AI
$799.99 in steel, $899.99 in graphite
Presale Feb 22; at retail March 1

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

So I love the looks, good for W/S to get back to the classic red/black scheme. I personally have never gotten along with a W/S driver though so I can't say the woods would be up my alley, but they should be up a lot of others. The price point is decent and good to see them come out with models that'll fit a wide range of golfers. This has been discussed ad nauseum here, but the lack of a solid driver in the W/S lineup is something (among many other things) that's been holding them back. The fairways and hybrids look solid, and priced right.

The irons are what excite me, which is typical for a W/S release. They look great, far far better than the D9s did. Again - solid price points. But without some solid brand awareness and marketing, along with product actually being on the shelves, it won't matter. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 minute ago, russtopherb said:

So I love the looks, good for W/S to get back to the classic red/black scheme. I personally have never gotten along with a W/S driver though so I can't say the woods would be up my alley, but they should be up a lot of others. The price point is decent and good to see them come out with models that'll fit a wide range of golfers. This has been discussed ad nauseum here, but the lack of a solid driver in the W/S lineup is something (among many other things) that's been holding them back. The fairways and hybrids look solid, and priced right.

The irons are what excite me, which is typical for a W/S release. They look great, far far better than the D9s did. Again - solid price points. But without some solid brand awareness and marketing, along with product actually being on the shelves, it won't matter. 

I think the hybrid is what jumped out to me. I would try the carbon driver as well. 

I kinda hope these help gain some traction and with the other 2nd tier releases still to come we will be able to see how these stack up!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I watched the only two videos on YouTube on the drivers this morning and both of the reviewers were seeing smash factors of 1.49-1.51 on every single shot they hit with them.  One reviewer also was showing very low spin numbers on the carbon driver (the other reviewer didn't show his spin numbers).  I know in the past, Wilson drivers like the C300 and D300 had consistently low spin numbers but the ballspeed didn't quite keep up with the rest of the players on the market.  

If Wilson has the ballspeed figured out now then these could be pretty great performers.  Hope they make the Most Wanted Driver test this year.  I was sad to hear these would retail for $499 though.  😞

My bag is a revolving door!

The deeper face always has my attention and I think the look great. I grew up on Wilson and Lynx so always nice to see them so well

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

I'm also quite confused as to why you would have a product launch and then not have a single mention of any of the new products on the website?  The marketing department doesn't seem to have it all figured out yet.

22 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

If Wilson has the ballspeed figured out now then these could be pretty great performers.  Hope they make the Most Wanted Driver test this year.  I was sad to hear these would retail for $499 though.  😞

I tested them as part of this years most wanted testing.  For me, Comparable to most other drivers with ball speed close to other OEM.  Driver was fine but uninspiring. 

6 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

I'm also quite confused as to why you would have a product launch and then not have a single mention of any of the new products on the website?  The marketing department doesn't seem to have it all figured out yet.

It is on their website.  https://www.wilson.com/en-us.  However, if I search for Wilson golf on google  the first result takes me deeper into the website and as you said, no mention unless I navigate back up.  Not sure it is marketing or content management. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have been chomping at the bit to see the new clubs and I love the look and idea of the new driver line.  Finding one to hit as a lefty is another story.  With this aiming to be a premium product I was initially surprised by the carbon driver's price but upon further reflection it is still coming in at lower than the competitions new drivers at $500.   

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

This is a little step in the right direction from the Wilson marketing crew. Followed by a pretty solid review from Big Al himself.

Gameday
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120

Classic Bag

1 hour ago, 03trdblack said:

It's literally on the first page of the Wilson website, it takes up my entire screen.

4 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

It's literally on the first page of the Wilson website, it takes up my entire screen.

It's on wilson.com but not on https://www.wilson.com/en-us/golf which is the golf specific page.  Either way, the Wilson website has always been terrible.

Gotta say I'm intrigued by the new Wilson lineup and will definitely give it a try if I see it in stores. After spending some time on launch monitors the last few months and having briefly tried a few drivers at PGATSS not too long ago, I think I'd be able to tell pretty quickly whether or not it would be gameable. 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I'm intrigued - I'm a year out from needing a new driver. I had a club fitter offer me a Cortex driver for $50 new in plastic that I hit the CRAP out of when hit in the center. Its surprisingly forgiving. My only complaint is that the adjustability screws have stripped so I am stuck with what I needed a couple seasons ago.

Like others have said, its a matter of getting it in front of people as an option. In Pittsburgh we're limited to a handful of independent fitting shops, some national outlets like Club Champion and GolfTec, and on the retail side only DSG/Golf Galaxy (who limit Wilson to balls, box sets, and maybe a D9 set). I doubt many private club pros will have any of these on hand to demo unless they're also a Wilson head.

But...if they perform well in the MGS testing, we've seen that boost brands from the second and third tier.

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

I've caught a few more reviews on YT, it looks like Wilson has made a step forward in the ball speed category. 

Gameday

Classic Bag

The irons look great and with strong lofts (7=27*) they should give folks that extra length they want. Now if the driver can hold it's own against the big guys, Wilson should do better than they have been doing. Hopefully the guys that replaced Woodland will rise to the winners circle. 

Total Callaway bag - except putter

Nice to see this thread and Wilson getting a little more reaction then I had expected! 

I believe the local course will have a demo day for Wilson so I'll go and see if there is any lefty kit for me to swing!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

YT vids of the irons show W/S did a great job hiding the SGI nature of them. I'm impressed. 

Does anyone know if the Hzrdus Smoke Red that is an option with the Dynapwr is a made for or "real deal"?  For clarities sake, I know that is a shaft in Project X's line up.

Gameday

Classic Bag

Well priced...

THE most difficult battle in selling clubs is convincing someone to try the best club for their game.  Putting a Wilson club in their bag when they want TaylorMade or Callaway is always a battle, especially when the sticker is not too far apart. I hope they do well.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, JohnSmalls said:

Does anyone know if the Hzrdus Smoke Red that is an option with the Dynapwr is a made for or "real deal"?  For clarities sake, I know that is a shaft in Project X's line up.

Just found the answer and it looks like it is real deal, 50g model for the drivers.

Gameday

Classic Bag

I am in love with the look of the carbon driver. It's up there for me with the Paradym.

When I eventually get around to an iron fitting, I'll have to add the Wilson's in. They look great

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)
Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, but getting there)
Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)
Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  LAB Golf - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

20 hours ago, FightingScot82 said:

. My only complaint is that the adjustability screws have stripped 

I’ll just say it Might still be a problem.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 1/19/2023 at 8:40 AM, cnosil said:

I’ll just say it Might still be a problem.  

Yikes.  If that were to be a problem, are these custom screws or can they be replaced with a like star-headed screw?

Gameday

Classic Bag

45 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Yikes.  If that were to be a problem, are these custom screws or can they be replaced with a like star-headed screw?

Don't know;   I didn't look too closely at the one in most wanted testing other that seeing its condition. 

On 1/17/2023 at 9:47 AM, russtopherb said:

Wonder if they will follow up with dynapower forged irons

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I received my 8* with Ventus TR blue 6X and it's pretty darn good! Only played a couple holes Saturday and it feels/sounds/performs well. It's going to be a good year for Wilson. 

IMG_0264.JPEG

IMG_0265.JPEG

IMG_0266.JPEG

IMG_0262.JPEG

IMG_0263.JPEG

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Ventus Blue TR 6x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* Speeder 757 x

Callaway Rogue ST LS 18* LIN-Q M40X Blue

Wilson DP 3h HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 

Callaway Apex 24 MB 6 to 11 iron, MMT 105 TX

Callaway Jaws 54/58/64 KBS 130

Edel EAS 1.0 custom

Wilson Staff Model Ball

2 minutes ago, Sean D. said:

Well, I received my 8* with Ventus TR blue 6X and it's pretty darn good! Only played a couple holes Saturday and it feels/sounds/performs well. It's going to be a good year for Wilson. 

IMG_0264.JPEG

IMG_0265.JPEG

IMG_0266.JPEG

IMG_0262.JPEG

IMG_0263.JPEG

How did you score that beauty so early?

Gameday

Classic Bag

1 minute ago, JohnSmalls said:

How did you score that beauty so early?

I was lucky to get an early delivery; it's good to have friends 😎

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Ventus Blue TR 6x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* Speeder 757 x

Callaway Rogue ST LS 18* LIN-Q M40X Blue

Wilson DP 3h HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 

Callaway Apex 24 MB 6 to 11 iron, MMT 105 TX

Callaway Jaws 54/58/64 KBS 130

Edel EAS 1.0 custom

Wilson Staff Model Ball

2 minutes ago, Sean D. said:

I was lucky to get an early delivery; it's good to have friends 😎

Apparently I haven't made friends in the right places yet.  Did you order stock length/swing weight?  Were you able to custom order the interchangeable weight in the back?

Gameday

Classic Bag