Jump to content

PGA Tour 2023 - The American Express


Splatt
 Share

Recommended Posts

G’day golfers.

My name’s Sean, or Splatt if you will, and I’ll be taking the reigns of the weekly PGA Tour thread. I’m obsessed with the PGA Tour, and if only my golfing skill matched my enthusiasm for the game, then my life would be much different.

This week the Tour is heading to the West Coast of the U.S. and the State formerly run by The Governator, California.

image.png.eeba2a3a94e0a5840574a5dd66fe7b64.png

Look at all of that water. I'd lose a whole sleeve of balls in there, I reckon.

The American Express is an interesting tournament for two reasons; firstly, this is one of two pro-ams on the Tour calendar, along with the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am; secondly, this event takes place over three golf courses, with the cut only being made after 54 holes for a final last round.

The three courses are:

·         PGA West (Stadium Course), Par 72 & 7,187 yards

·         La Quinta Country Club, Par 72 & 7,060 yards

·         PGA West (Nicklaus Tournament Course), Par 72 & 7,147 yards

Each pro will be joined by an amateur and play a round at each of the three courses after which the pros who make the cut will play a final round at PGA West. If I’m ever lucky enough to secure a spot in this event as an amateur, I can promise you one thing: the pro I’m paired with isn’t winning. Even the great Tiger Woods wouldn’t have the concentration required when their amateur partner is duffing chips and swearing loudly.

Hudson Swafford is the defending champ after a thrilling final round last year when he shot the tied-low round of the day at 8 under to beat Tom Hoge by 2 shots. However, he will not be back to defend as he left the PGA Tour for LIV.

Field Highlights 

·         Jon Rahm – Coming in hot from his comeback victory over Collin Morikawa at the Sentry Tournament of Champions a few weeks ago, he seems to be dialled in and ready to make his mark on the season.

·         Scottie Scheffler – At world no 2, he’s the highest-ranked player in the field. He finished T-7 of The Sentry a few weeks ago, and I’m sure he’s already itching for his first win of the season.

·         Xander Schauffle –  Expected to return to action after withdrawing from the Sentry Tournament of Champions due to a back injury. The reports so far say he’ll be teeing it up, but he could be a late dropout if his back starts to act up in the practice rounds.

·         Tom Kim – He already has a win under his belt in the fall season event, The Shriners Children’s Open, and finished T-5 at The Sentry in the 2023 opener. Big things are expected from Tom Kim this year.

·         Tony Finau – With back-to-back wins last season, Tony finally seems to have figured out how to finish a golf tournament. I kid, I’m a big fan of his and hopefully he can earn the nickname ‘The Finau Finish’ this year and get a few more trophies for his cabinet.

·         Rickie Fowler – Rickie has had a dip in form the last few years which has found his world ranking drop from 23rd in 2019 to 106 currently. However, he finished last season by hitting a bit of form and even finished T-2 (1 shot back from the lead) at The Zozo in the fall. If his form continues he should see the top end of the leaderboard more often.

The full field list can be found here.

Golfers, that’s it from me.

If you’re interested in the PGA Tour and could do with an extra incentive to follow along with the season, firstly, get involved with the thread here, tell me your predictions and let's follow along with what pans out. Who's taking home the trophy? Who's missing the cut? Who's flying too close to the sun and crashing after a great round the previous day?

Secondly, there’s still time to join the MyGolfSpy Pick ‘Em competition; simply comment in the thread here. The invites started going out today, but there's still plenty of time before the first event which will be the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-AM in the first week of Feb.

 

Cheers,

Splatt

Edited by Splatt
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)

Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)

Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, I have put my old Warbird Hybrid back in the bag)

Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)

Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree

Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Putter - Ten S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Big thanks to @Splatt for taking this on for us! 

I'll be paying close attention as it is good research for fantasy golf season and draft season. 

Going to be a fun watch and should be able to catch a fair bit Saturday before going on holidays Sunday. 

  • Like 2

 ⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

               :ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Splatt said:

G’day golfers.

My name’s Sean, or Splatt if you will, and I’ll be taking the reigns of the weekly PGA Tour thread. I’m obsessed with the PGA Tour, and if only my golfing skill matched my enthusiasm for the game, then my life would be much different.

This week the Tour is heading to the West Coast of the U.S. and the State formerly run by The Governator, California.

image.png.eeba2a3a94e0a5840574a5dd66fe7b64.png

Look at all of that water. I'd lose a whole sleeve of balls in there, I reckon.

The American Express is an interesting tournament for two reasons; firstly, this is one of two pro-ams on the Tour calendar, along with the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am; secondly, this event takes place over three golf courses, with the cut only being made after 54 holes for a final last round.

The three courses are:

·         PGA West (Stadium Course), Par 72 & 7,187 yards

·         La Quinta Country Club, Par 72 & 7,060 yards

·         PGA West (Nicklaus Tournament Course), Par 72 & 7,147 yards

Each pro will be joined by an amateur and play a round at each of the three courses after which the pros who make the cut will play a final round at PGA West. If I’m ever lucky enough to secure a spot in this event as an amateur, I can promise you one thing: the pro I’m paired with isn’t winning. Even the great Tiger Woods wouldn’t have the concentration required when their amateur partner is duffing chips and swearing loudly.

Hudson Swafford is the defending champ after a thrilling final round last year when he shot the tied-low round of the day at 8 under to beat Tom Hoge by 2 shots. However, he will not be back to defend as he left the PGA Tour for LIV.

Field Highlights 

·         Jon Rahm – Coming in hot from his comeback victory over Collin Morikawa at the Sentry Tournament of Champions a few weeks ago, he seems to be dialled in and ready to make his mark on the season.

·         Scottie Scheffler – At world no 2, he’s the highest-ranked player in the field. He finished T-7 of The Sentry a few weeks ago, and I’m sure he’s already itching for his first win of the season.

·         Xander Schauffle –  Expected to return to action after withdrawing from the Sentry Tournament of Champions due to a back injury. The reports so far say he’ll be teeing it up, but he could be a late dropout if his back starts to act up in the practice rounds.

·         Tom Kim – He already has a win under his belt in the fall season event, The Shriners Children’s Open, and finished T-5 at The Sentry in the 2023 opener. Big things are expected from Tom Kim this year.

·         Tony Finau – With back-to-back wins last season, Tony finally seems to have figured out how to finish a golf tournament. I kid, I’m a big fan of his and hopefully he can earn the nickname ‘The Finau Finish’ this year and get a few more trophies for his cabinet.

·         Rickie Fowler – Rickie has had a dip in form the last few years which has found his world ranking drop from 23rd in 2019 to 106 currently. However, he finished last season by hitting a bit of form and even finished T-2 (1 shot back from the lead) at The Zozo in the fall. If his form continues he should see the top end of the leaderboard more often.

The full field list can be found here.

Golfers, that’s it from me.

If you’re interested in the PGA Tour and could do with an extra incentive to follow along with the season, firstly, get involved with the thread here, tell me your predictions and let's follow along with what pans out. Who's taking home the trophy? Who's missing the cut? Who's flying too close to the sun and crashing after a great round the previous day?

Secondly, there’s still time to join the MyGolfSpy Pick ‘Em competition; simply comment in the thread here. The invites started going out today, but there's still plenty of time before the first event which will be the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-AM in the first week of Feb.

 

Cheers,

Splatt

Thanks for taking on this task Splatt..as a side note, I attended the "bob hope desert classic" in 1982. my 1st. professional tournament, lots of good stories and my eyes were "wide open" at all the events that were taking place. 

committed to performance excellence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Splatt said:

G’day golfers.

My name’s Sean, or Splatt if you will, and I’ll be taking the reigns of the weekly PGA Tour thread. I’m obsessed with the PGA Tour, and if only my golfing skill matched my enthusiasm for the game, then my life would be much different.

This week the Tour is heading to the West Coast of the U.S. and the State formerly run by The Governator, California.

image.png.eeba2a3a94e0a5840574a5dd66fe7b64.png

Look at all of that water. I'd lose a whole sleeve of balls in there, I reckon.

The American Express is an interesting tournament for two reasons; firstly, this is one of two pro-ams on the Tour calendar, along with the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am; secondly, this event takes place over three golf courses, with the cut only being made after 54 holes for a final last round.

The three courses are:

·         PGA West (Stadium Course), Par 72 & 7,187 yards

·         La Quinta Country Club, Par 72 & 7,060 yards

·         PGA West (Nicklaus Tournament Course), Par 72 & 7,147 yards

Each pro will be joined by an amateur and play a round at each of the three courses after which the pros who make the cut will play a final round at PGA West. If I’m ever lucky enough to secure a spot in this event as an amateur, I can promise you one thing: the pro I’m paired with isn’t winning. Even the great Tiger Woods wouldn’t have the concentration required when their amateur partner is duffing chips and swearing loudly.

Hudson Swafford is the defending champ after a thrilling final round last year when he shot the tied-low round of the day at 8 under to beat Tom Hoge by 2 shots. However, he will not be back to defend as he left the PGA Tour for LIV.

Field Highlights 

·         Jon Rahm – Coming in hot from his comeback victory over Collin Morikawa at the Sentry Tournament of Champions a few weeks ago, he seems to be dialled in and ready to make his mark on the season.

·         Scottie Scheffler – At world no 2, he’s the highest-ranked player in the field. He finished T-7 of The Sentry a few weeks ago, and I’m sure he’s already itching for his first win of the season.

·         Xander Schauffle –  Expected to return to action after withdrawing from the Sentry Tournament of Champions due to a back injury. The reports so far say he’ll be teeing it up, but he could be a late dropout if his back starts to act up in the practice rounds.

·         Tom Kim – He already has a win under his belt in the fall season event, The Shriners Children’s Open, and finished T-5 at The Sentry in the 2023 opener. Big things are expected from Tom Kim this year.

·         Tony Finau – With back-to-back wins last season, Tony finally seems to have figured out how to finish a golf tournament. I kid, I’m a big fan of his and hopefully he can earn the nickname ‘The Finau Finish’ this year and get a few more trophies for his cabinet.

·         Rickie Fowler – Rickie has had a dip in form the last few years which has found his world ranking drop from 23rd in 2019 to 106 currently. However, he finished last season by hitting a bit of form and even finished T-2 (1 shot back from the lead) at The Zozo in the fall. If his form continues he should see the top end of the leaderboard more often.

The full field list can be found here.

Golfers, that’s it from me.

If you’re interested in the PGA Tour and could do with an extra incentive to follow along with the season, firstly, get involved with the thread here, tell me your predictions and let's follow along with what pans out. Who's taking home the trophy? Who's missing the cut? Who's flying too close to the sun and crashing after a great round the previous day?

Secondly, there’s still time to join the MyGolfSpy Pick ‘Em competition; simply comment in the thread here. The invites started going out today, but there's still plenty of time before the first event which will be the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-AM in the first week of Feb.

 

Cheers,

Splatt

Sean, Thx for taking the lead on the Tour events. The AMEX isn't one of my favorites but  since I've got a tee time for Saturday and Sunday, I'll be checking scores on my phone and  will be rooting for Rickie! 

p.s. The ladies are playing their first event of the year this weekend in Orlando. It'll be interesting to see how Nelly does with that new bag. 

  • Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Sean, Thx for taking the lead on the Tour events. The AMEX isn't one of my favorites but  since I've got a tee time for Saturday and Sunday, I'll be checking scores on my phone and  will be rooting for Rickie! 

p.s. The ladies are playing their first event of the year this weekend in Orlando. It'll be interesting to see how Nelly does with that new bag. 

Yeah, I'll be keeping a close eye on the LPGA, too. It'll be interesting to see how Nelly goes with her new Taylormade gear and Nike swag 😄

  • Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)

Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)

Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, I have put my old Warbird Hybrid back in the bag)

Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)

Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree

Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Putter - Ten S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Splatt said:

Yeah, I'll be keeping a close eye on the LPGA, too. It'll be interesting to see how Nelly goes with her new Taylormade gear and Nike swag 😄

Hope it goes better than it did for Rory when he made the same(ish) switch. 

Now I know we don't start the Pick em yet, but if I was I would be going with the following

Finau
Aaron Wise
Davis Riley
Seb Munouz
Cam Young

2 bigger names and 3 darts. With only being able to start each player 10 times meaning 8 of those being majors, players and tour championship can only sprinkle in a few other times where they get used. 

  • Like 2

 ⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

               :ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Hope it goes better than it did for Rory when he made the same(ish) switch. 

Now I know we don't start the Pick em yet, but if I was I would be going with the following

Finau
Aaron Wise
Davis Riley
Seb Munouz
Cam Young

2 bigger names and 3 darts. With only being able to start each player 10 times meaning 8 of those being majors, players and tour championship can only sprinkle in a few other times where they get used. 

Great picks. I love the thought exercise to get the Pick 'Em juices flowing.

I'd probably go:

Cam Young
Tom Kim
Seb Munoz
Lee Hodges
Adam Hadwin

Same theory. Couple of biggies, couple of roughies.

Edited by Splatt
  • Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)

Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)

Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, I have put my old Warbird Hybrid back in the bag)

Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)

Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree

Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Putter - Ten S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Splatt said:

Great picks. I love the thought exercise to get the Pick 'Em juices flowing.

I'd probably go:

Cam Young
Tom Kim
Seb Munoz
Lee Hodges
Adam Hadwin

Same theory. Couple of biggies, couple of roughies.

Hadwin stood out to me. He had a pretty good year last year and I like that pick a lot. I really wanted to pick Tom Kim... but I also have other events I would want to pick him for. It is going to be tough!

 ⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

               :ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Hadwin stood out to me. He had a pretty good year last year and I like that pick a lot. I really wanted to pick Tom Kim... but I also have other events I would want to pick him for. It is going to be tough!

It's definitely going to be tough. It'll be easy to get caught out picking the same bunch of golfers, thinking that 8 picks is a lot, but It'll run out quickly

  • Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)

Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)

Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, I have put my old Warbird Hybrid back in the bag)

Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)

Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree

Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Putter - Ten S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A bit of a birdie fest on day one.
Here's the a snapshot of the leaderboard. The full leaderboard can be found here.

image.png.1d38d800f89b4d59d5e25de562969e78.png

 

Rahm played like his usual self, just a cruisy 8 under to start the tournament. Safe to say he's on a bit of a heater.

Taylor Montgomery continued his recent great form.
Sam Burns' putter was on fire, he didn't look like missing anything.

And, the overnight leader Davis Thompson, what else is there to say except back to back eagles!

 

image.png.5d56d473c4a6a3c7c4ab394d3676a2ca.png

 

 

 

  • Love 1

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)

Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)

Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, I have put my old Warbird Hybrid back in the bag)

Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)

Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree

Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Putter - Ten S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Splatt said:

A bit of a birdie fest on day one.
Here's the a snapshot of the leaderboard. The full leaderboard can be found here.

image.png.1d38d800f89b4d59d5e25de562969e78.png

 

Rahm played like his usual self, just a cruisy 8 under to start the tournament. Safe to say he's on a bit of a heater.

Taylor Montgomery continued his recent great form.
Sam Burns' putter was on fire, he didn't look like missing anything.

And, the overnight leader Davis Thompson, what else is there to say except back to back eagles!

 

image.png.5d56d473c4a6a3c7c4ab394d3676a2ca.png

 

 

 

Man Taylor Montgomery has been tearing it up this season. 

Watched the highlights this morning and hopefully will catch some Saturday action as well! 

Nice to see a leaderboard with some big names, some young guys and a bunch more. Good to see!

Thanks for the recap too. Great to see and with scores this low should be a fun round 2.

  • Like 1

 ⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

               :ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

unreal to see these numbers being shot by the best in the world. I have played all these courses, not from the tips mind you, and never had a sniff at 68,69. Guess what, these guys are good lol...

  • Haha 1

committed to performance excellence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

unreal to see these numbers being shot by the best in the world. I have played all these courses, not from the tips mind you, and never had a sniff at 68,69. Guess what, these guys are good lol...

Who would have thought? haha.

I'd love to see a pro take on one of my local courses and absolutely tear it apart

  • Haha 1

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)

Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)

Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, I have put my old Warbird Hybrid back in the bag)

Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)

Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree

Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Putter - Ten S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love seeing Tom Kim continue his good play. Just such a likeable person and so much talent. Been fun watching him ascend over the last year!

  • Like 1

 ⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

               :ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Love seeing Tom Kim continue his good play. Just such a likeable person and so much talent. Been fun watching him ascend over the last year!

Hard to think Tom won't notch up a couple of wins this season. I think he'll be the first player I'll exhaust my 8 picks on

  • Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)

Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)

Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, I have put my old Warbird Hybrid back in the bag)

Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)

Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree

Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Putter - Ten S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Davis Thompson yesterday: 2 Eagles, pretty good round.

Davis Thompson today: Hold my beer

20230121_110804.jpg.e1cd16e2a76ba518867ac64b483a0129.jpg

Edited by Splatt
  • Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)

Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)

Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, I have put my old Warbird Hybrid back in the bag)

Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)

Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree

Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Putter - Ten S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dream of a day where i could go 3 birdies and 2 eagles in 5 days... Wow

 ⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

               :ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tight leader board at the top to start off today! A few mistakes and you can fall out of the top 20 quickly 

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully we see this as a trend for the season!

 ⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

               :ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s definitely a positive. Not sure I like seeing it this weekend playing out with 3 different courses…  I do like this mix of players with top and lower tier filling out the top half of the leader board. 

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...