TESTERS WANTED! ×

FIRST LOOK! - B.I.G. Irons (German Engineered)

GolfSpy_X

Am I the only one who kept thinking these would go great with a Topflite Magna?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I went to the BIG website and read every word of it. But they do not show you a very good picture of their product. They are after all German and know much more about golf that the rest of the world. Germans with Martin Kaymar and Bernhard Langer have dominated the golf world for 11 weeks. So what they have apparently done, is take a bunch of Bridgestone clubs and copied them. They may be Bridgestone clubs, I really do not know because I am more likely to see a Giant Sloth or UFO or big foot as a Bridgestone at the local golf store. And I am much more likely to see Bridgestone as BIG. Then they took the Ping fitting cart. And make only custom made clubs. They even engrave your name on the shaft. This way if you sell them on ebay,you will be shot.

They do offer an upgrade service that is kind of cool. But this is probably the last I will think of these clubs.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I went to the BIG website and read every word of it. But they do not show you a very good picture of their product. They are after all German and know much more about golf that the rest of the world. Germans with Martin Kaymar and Bernhard Langer have dominated the golf world for 11 weeks. So what they have apparently done, is take a bunch of Bridgestone clubs and copied them. They may be Bridgestone clubs, I really do not know because I am more likely to see a Giant Sloth or UFO or big foot as a Bridgestone at the local golf store. And I am much more likely to see Bridgestone as BIG. Then they took the Ping fitting cart. And make only custom made clubs. They even engrave your name on the shaft. This way if you sell them on ebay,you will be shot.

They do offer an upgrade service that is kind of cool. But this is probably the last I will think of these clubs.

bump

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

Some marketing douchebag got together with a sales monkey and spent entirely too much time using the thesaurus to produce the website. Very impressive verbage, but not any useful information on WHY and HOW they are so much better. Sorry, but little euphamisms such a "proprietary system" does not replace actual information.

My response to them would be:

Dear Hans,

In order to be convinced that a hypothetical individual can achieve a state of eudemonia with BIG fabrications, it is a veritable sine qua non for the prospective clientele to have a truly didactic interface. You ain't there yet.

Sincerely,

Phana.....yeah, even NASCAR fans can produce big frigging words that mean nothing.

This has to be a joke. Titleist, Ping, Mizuno, Taylormade all have a fitting system. How would this company have more knowledge and experience than these name.

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

• 1 month later...

I am supposed to meet coming Wed. with a guy that is involved with this company somehow, not clear. Anyway he is going to explain to me all about it. i do know one thing though, they are very expensive and as a long time clubmaker I don't get it why they aren't more specific. We are talking almost 4,000 bucks for a full set. Just Irons are supposed to be over 2,000 and a Driver around 1,200. Gook Luck I say. I would like to see Mygolfspy do a test.

Joro,

are you going to meet Mr. M. Ke***pe from Germany? He is supposed to develop the US-market for B.I.G. The company did work with a foundry design in the last season. Compact cavity design without a lot of GI-features. I hit one of there clubs mated with a KBS Tour shaft and honestly it wasn't impressive at all. I know, that the KBS Tour can feel really good in a club, but it didn't feel as smooth, as I remembered it from hitting it in a KZG iron set, that I built for myself a couple of years ago.

As far as I know, B.I.G. did some designs together with the company that does the Alpha designs. I'm not sure, where the are at right now as far as there "own" designs are ready to be used. But being a fitter and builder myself for already almost 10 years and having talked to some of the guys associated with B.i.G. here in Germany, I can tell you, that they don't do anything special, that a well experienced clubmaker wouldn't be able to do. Probably the only thing you and I don't have in our workshop is the option to do a personalized laser etching for the customer, but that's not worth any extra Yard closer to the pin or longer of the tee.

Regards,

Michael

It's like by using the words "German Engineered" it automatically makes them the best designed golf clubs! Maybe some of the german car manufacturer engineers like golf too and decided to use their knowledge of speed, handling, stability, aerodynamics, lift/ traction and light weight materials into the golfing arena? It would be nice to get some details though if I'm going to spend the money mentioned in previous post. I guess time will only tell.... The only pic you can see looks to just be a split back cavity that 5-10 other OEM's already have produced.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Apparently, they only have black clothes there. Reminds me of the old SNL skit, "Now is the time on Sprockets when we dance."

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Archived