Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

WEEK 18 & 19 - MYGOLFSPY FORUM MEMBER Virtual Weekly Championship Tour

Tournament Dates: 01/23/2023 - 02/05/2023

MyGolfSpy Forum Member
Weekly Championship Tour
Season 1
January 23 through February 5
Pos. Player Course Name Gross Score Course Handicap Gross Strokes over/under par Net Score to Par Net Score
1 Key West Golf Club 80 13 10 -3 67
T2 Old Natchez 76 5 6 1 71
T2 Surrey Hills 73 1 2 1 72
T2 Harpeth Hills 74 1 2 1 73
T5 Bay Forest Golf Course 80 6 8 2 74
T5 West Lothian Golf Course 71 5 7 2 66
T7 Gunter’s Lake 93 18 21 3 75
T7 Heritage Isles 84 9 12 3 75
T7 Surrey Hills 75 1 4 3 74
T10 Cypress Creek 80 4 8 4 76
T10 Key West Golf Club 87 13 17 4 74
T10 Angel Park Mountain 97 22 26 4 75
T13 Key West Golf Club 88 13 18 5 75
T13 Scepter Ibis/Osprey 92 16 21 5 76
T13 Heritage Isles 86 9 14 5 77
T13 Durango Hills 80 17 22 5 63
17 Surrey Hills 79 1 8 7 78
18 Boulder Creek Golf Club 101 21 29 8 80
19 Heritage Isles 91 9 19 10 82
20 Tierra Rejada 97 10 25 15 87
21 Glendoveer G&TC East Course 126 35 54 19 91

image.png

Understandable for the time of year... it is difficult to get the rounds in... I know all the Spies will be out in force soon and posting 30 scores in the weekly tourney!  Until then... unfortunately - we just missed the 10 round threshold for this week... so Week 18 will be combined with Week 19.  Badges to be awarded next week 🙂 

One HUGE shout out.... to @Alf. S and his non-chelant Hole In One during this week's tourney play - the first (but hopefully not the last) to be recorded in MGS Forum Member Competition. 

CONGRATULATIONS @Alf. S

image.png

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

• GolfSpy TCB changed the title to WEEK 18 & 19 - MYGOLFSPY FORUM MEMBER Virtual Weekly Championship Tour
1 minute ago, Jim Shaw said:

wow, hole in one, how many is that for you?

@Alf. S

Question for you sir.

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

1 minute ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

@Alf. S

Question for you sir.

3 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

wow, hole in one, how many is that for you?

That's my second in a year after going 50 years without one.

Completely unexpected, said to my playing partners that the way the 2 previous holes had gone I was going to hit it OB.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Just now, Alf. S said:

Completely unexpected, said to my playing partners that the way the 2 previous holes had gone I was going to hit it OB.

wow, that is awsome, as you know some golfers go to their grave without one... good going...

committed to performance excellence

21 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

I witnessed my first "in my group" hole in one earlier this year.  Pretty incredible to watch the ball roll toward the hole.  I have a theory that most Aces (other than the pros) are mis-hit shots ... for example my playing partner thinned his that hit well short and rolled up into the hole... So did yours support my theory... or was it as pure as the driven snow???

2 in a year?!?!  Incredible.  

22 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

wow, that is awsome, as you know some golfers go to their grave without one... good going...

I am on that path... haha.  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

25 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

9 so far, 3 with prizes on them.

WOW Jim!!  9!!!  That is CRAZY!  Tell us about your prizes???

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

2 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

I witnessed my first "in my group" hole in one earlier this year.  Pretty incredible to watch the ball roll toward the hole.  I have a theory that most Aces (other than the pros) are mis-hit shots ... for example my playing partner thinned his that hit well short and rolled up into the hole... So did yours support my theory... or was it as pure as the driven snow???

2 in a year?!?!  Incredible.  

I am on that path... haha.  

Both have been nicely hit irons off the centre of the club. The 1st one in May was at the 18th and it pitched about 10 feet short of the hole bounced twice and rolled right in, right from the strike it looked a good shot but i didn't think it would go in. Saturday again was a pure hit iron, I was sitting 11 over after the last 2 holes so was a bit non-plus again didn't cross my mind that I would hole it. I didn't see it go in, from the tee all you can see is the top of the flag but the group in front cheered as it rolled in.

Moral is that you get them when you give up thinking you'll ever get one.

The one in May was quite funny, the Senior Team for who I play for were teeing off on the 1st hole and heard the cheer. I was buzzing with it being the 1st and they all shook my hand, then Jim came up.

"How many you had, I've had 11"

He then went on to tell me about all 11, until someone told him to shut up and let me savour the moment. He last comment was that I better put a bottle of good Malt Whisky up at the bar, he didn't like any of that blended stuff. I duly put a bottle of Talisker up. Next time he saw me he complained again, he didn't like Talisker.

Bah, Bah

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

2 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

Both have been nicely hit irons off the centre of the club. The 1st one in May was at the 18th and it pitched about 10 feet short of the hole bounced twice and rolled right in, right from the strike it looked a good shot but i didn't think it would go in. Saturday again was a pure hit iron, I was sitting 11 over after the last 2 holes so was a bit non-plus again didn't cross my mind that I would hole it. I didn't see it go in, from the tee all you can see is the top of the flag but the group in front cheered as it rolled in.

Moral is that you get them when you give up thinking you'll ever get one.

The one in May was quite funny, the Senior Team for who I play for were teeing off on the 1st hole and heard the cheer. I was buzzing with it being the 1st and they all shook my hand, then Jim came up.

"How many you had, I've had 11"

He then went on to tell me about all 11, until someone told him to shut up and let me savour the moment. He last comment was that I better put a bottle of good Malt Whisky up at the bar, he didn't like any of that blended stuff. I duly put a bottle of Talisker up. Next time he saw me he complained again, he didn't like Talisker.

Bah, Bah

Oh man!  I have a few guys at my club like that too.  I hope he didn't take away from your enjoyment of the moment too much.  Can't even imagine the rush from having that happen.  I was wondering it you were able to see it drop in the cup, but also pretty cool that you had witnesses standing around cheering for you too.  I play so much as a single, I have always told my playing partners that if I ever get one...I"m sure it will be with nobody around (and even if it isn't official... I will still have the joy of knowing I did it).  🙂  

Plus 11 on the prior two holes, and minus 4 on the next two.  Sounds like you were playing a nice consistent game that day....  I am very familiar with that type of "consistency".  haha 😉

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

17 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

WOW Jim!!  9!!!  That is CRAZY!  Tell us about your prizes???

ok lol... a 5,000$ rrsp, another 5000$ rrsp, but my biggest story goes like this, I was playing in a pro am in 2001, it was a 3 day tournament,, on hole 17 there was a brand new truck  sitting on the tee box, so I go and get a hole in one, "ya hoo" right!!! Won a truck.... hold on... the company calls me a couple of days later and congratulates me on winning a 2 year lease on one of their other vehicles..."what!!!" There was no sign nothing at sign up etc. that stated this... so, I am pissed off, I decide to hire a lawyer as I feel ripped off.. anyway to make a long story short, after a few years of back and forth and 4,000 canadian dollars in lawyer fees it come down to the moment of truth, do we go through with the lawsuit, if we win all good but if we loose I have to pay for their companies lawyer's accommodation for them etc. etc. so I settled out of court for the 2 year lease... Expensive hole in one lol, but a good story... 

6 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

ok lol... a 5,000$ rrsp, another 5000$ rrsp, but my biggest story goes like this, I was playing in a pro am in 2001, it was a 3 day tournament,, on hole 17 there was a brand new truck  sitting on the tee box, so I go and get a hole in one, "ya hoo" right!!! Won a truck.... hold on... the company calls me a couple of days later and congratulates me on winning a 2 year lease on one of their other vehicles..."what!!!" There was no sign nothing at sign up etc. that stated this... so, I am pissed off, I decide to hire a lawyer as I feel ripped off.. anyway to make a long story short, after a few years of back and forth and 4,000 canadian dollars in lawyer fees it come down to the moment of truth, do we go through with the lawsuit, if we win all good but if we loose I have to pay for their companies lawyer's accommodation for them etc. etc. so I settled out of court for the 2 year lease... Expensive hole in one lol, but a good story... 

A cautionary tale to say the least!  So the truck was just for show, and the "win a vehicle with a hole in one" was just the use of one of their cars for 2 years.  I'm sorry that awesome moment played out that way 😕 .  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

21 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

A cautionary tale to say the least!  So the truck was just for show, and the "win a vehicle with a hole in one" was just the use of one of their cars for 2 years.  I'm sorry that awesome moment played out that way 😕 .  

thanks, all good, like I say, a great story to tell, "and you have probably seen by now I like to tell a good story, or any story lol" anyway when I see a "prize" on a  hole in one I always check the fine print... 

Date 01/30/2023
Course Name Heritage Isles
Gross Score 84
Course Handicap 9
Gross Strokes over/under par 12
Net Score to Par 3
Net Score 75
Net Birdies or better 1
Longest Drive 223

Back home at Heritage Isles after 2 weeks off….boomed my drives but my short putts still give me grief.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

2 minutes ago, fozcycle said:
Date 01/30/2023
Gross Score 84
Course Handicap 9
Gross Strokes over/under par 12
Net Score to Par 3
Net Score 75
Net Birdies or better 1
Longest Drive 223

Back home at Heritage Isles after 2 weeks off….boomed my drives but my short putts still give me grief.

Now that you are back home Foz, I can count on at least 3 scores from you this week 🙂

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Date 01/31/2023
Course Name Key West Golf Club
Gross Score 87
Course Handicap 13
Gross Strokes over/under par 17
Net Score to Par 4
Net Score 74
Net Birdies or better 2
Longest Drive 182

I've been playing musical chairs with drivers the last two to three weeks.  Given my poor driving performance with my replacement G425 SFT, it's in office awaiting feedback from Ping.  So in it's place, I pulled out an old Ping Anser driver that I haven't touched in more than eight years.   Saturday, with the G425 SFT, only 29% fairways in regulation and everything was left (draw bias).   As you can see with the Anser driver today:  79% fairways in regulation.  That really didn't help me too much today as I only got 4 pars.  

image.png.df3825eab9d7d7d0935d864240eec989.png

Overall, my irons have been letting me down.  They stay in the bag and there's no thoughts about making a change until I get the Ping driver resolved.  If can't hit fairways and have confidence in my driver, my irons won't matter.  

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

Just now, Golf2Much said:
Date 01/31/2023
Gross Score 87
Course Handicap 13
Gross Strokes over/under par 17
Net Score to Par 4
Net Score 74
Net Birdies or better 2
Longest Drive 182

I've been playing musical chairs with drivers the last two to three weeks.  Given my poor driving performance with my replacement G425 SFT, it's in office awaiting feedback from Ping.  So in it's place, I pulled out an old Ping Anser driver that I haven't touched in more than eight years.   Saturday, with the G425 SFT, only 29% fairways in regulation and everything was left (draw bias).   As you can see with the Anser driver today:  79% fairways in regulation.  That really didn't help me too much today as I only got 4 pars.  

image.png.df3825eab9d7d7d0935d864240eec989.png

Overall, my irons have been letting me down.  They stay in the bag and there's no thoughts about making a change until I get the Ping driver resolved.  If can't hit fairways and have confidence in my driver, my irons won't matter.  

You make a great case for newer isn't always better G2M.  I am interested what feedback you get from Ping on your new G425.  You may not have been able to take full advantage of it, but the view from the fairway is always nicer 🙂

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

I'm taking the week off to finish prepping and painting my garage floor also to get in some much needed practice. But I did check out the stats for the week and I see @fozcycle is really nailing his drives. Wow 223 yds. - nice job Foz! 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Date 02/01/2023
Gross Score 86
Course Handicap 9
Gross Strokes over/under par 14
Net Score to Par 5
Net Score 77
Net Birdies or better 6
Longest Drive 207

Back into the swing……..45/41 with 1 birdie.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Date 02/02/2023
Course Name Angel Park Mountain
Gross Score 97
Course Handicap 22
Gross Strokes over/under par 26
Net Score to Par 4
Net Score 75
Net Birdies or better 5
Longest Drive 278

1C2E49AF-A321-4C56-AF4C-25E778F6E27A.png.2a8f660e7760aec8960f9a649016ce5b.png

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

Date 02/02/2023
Course Name Tierra Rejada
Gross Score 97
Course Handicap 10
Gross Strokes over/under par 25
Net Score to Par 15
Net Score 87
Net Birdies or better 4
Longest Drive 301

Okay; I finally got back out there after close to 7 weeks. 

Good news? 2 natural birdies, one of which included a very makeable eagle putt (would have been my first eagle... Had the line, too, just left it about 3 feet short after watching my playing partner crush it 15ft past...), and playing the last 7 holes in even par. I lipped out a birdie on 18 (it was ugly, too), which hurt. I played the back nine in a 4-over 39. 

The bad news? (I'm still laughing at this, and the difference to the back 9...) I shot a FIFTY-EIGHT on the front. Lol. 58!!!! I can't remember a worse 9 ever. It was a nightmare. 

So...a real down-then-up round. Left on a positive, which is great, but that front was just... Horrific. My buddies didn't even trash talk, that's how bad it was. Lol. 

Gotta love this game...

2F08E2A4-966F-4D76-9466-D68C749A67C0.jpeg9D958274-ED85-4634-B85B-8AF9BFEFB86A.jpeg

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Date 02/03/2023
Gross Score 91
Course Handicap 9
Gross Strokes over/under par 19
Net Score to Par 10
Net Score 82
Net Birdies or better 5
Longest Drive 206

Horrible day off the Tee, rain showers off & on on the back 9, and a birdie putt stopped a half inch from the cup!

Date 02/04/2023
Gross Score 80
Course Handicap 13
Gross Strokes over/under par 10
Net Score to Par -3
Net Score 67
Net Birdies or better 6
Longest Drive 182

I guess I needed less than ideal conditions to score well.  It was in the mid-to-high 60's with 20-25 mph winds when we teed off.  I know, I won't get much sympathy with those conditions, but for us, there was definitely a nip in the air.  Throw in a new driver that I had little if any confidence in and I had low expectations for a good round.  

It turned out to be one of those rounds that my chipping and putting saved the day!  

image.png.fcee8aee5b452f4fb13eaeeef4cca7f0.png

The statistics help back up what was an unusual round.  I shot three shots better than my course handicap while hitting 2 fairways less than normal and no greens in regulation.  How was it done?  I chipped in twice (on the two of the four hardest holes) had a total of 10 up and downs and only 19 total putts.  I'm known as a pretty good chipper, but even my playing partners were just amazed how it all came together today.  It was a little surreal.  I can't remember ever hitting so many good chips before.  

The new replacement driver from Ping, G425 SFT, still has a bit more draw bias than I need.  I contacted Ping about it.  They recommended the Flat 0 setting, try it for a couple more rounds and if I didn't like the results to call them and they would work something out.  Again, solid customer service.

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

Date 02/05/2023
Course Name Durango Hills
Gross Score 80
Course Handicap 17
Gross Strokes over/under par 22
Net Score to Par 5
Net Score 63
Net Birdies or better 5
Longest Drive 0

3B2D6678-56C7-4858-BDD0-E1B0C72E7F45.png.09847ac97542ec64464319d793227d42.png

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

Date 02/05/2023
Course Name Harpeth Hills
Gross Score 74
Course Handicap 1
Gross Strokes over/under par 2
Net Score to Par 1
Net Score 73
Net Birdies or better 5
Longest Drive 302

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

Date 02/05/2023
Course Name Glendoveer G&TC East Course
Gross Score 126
Course Handicap 35
Gross Strokes over/under par 54
Net Score to Par 19
Net Score 91
Net Birdies or better 0
Longest Drive 181

Not too bad, but not so good either.  The weather was abysmal.  Very windy and damp.  All of the greens were swamps.  I couldn't get most tee shots anywhere where there could be a good second shot except for a few.  Even still, this course has beat me up harder on nicer days.

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

Great participation in the WVCT this last week in light of all the weather difficulties.  Special mention to all you that are keeping the scores coming in!!  I will have the results posted for the last two weeks later today (some other priorities in the way unfortunately... but I'll get there!!).  I can't wait until I can post my name on the weekly tour again!!!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Date 02/04/2023
Course Name Surrey Hills
Gross Score 79
Course Handicap 1
Gross Strokes over/under par 8
Net Score to Par 7
Net Score 78
Net Birdies or better 0
Longest Drive 351

Weather was better suited for flying kites. Was still nice to get outside though.

image.png.3d522f8447bc71cf4f52b25b900eab39.png

• Callaway Rouge ST Max LS 9* Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Rouge ST Max 3W w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Mavrik 4Hy
  • Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-AW
  • TaylorMade Hi-Toe RAW 54-10 & 58-10 
  • L.A.B. MEZZ. 1 w/ ACCRA x L.A.B. Shaft (RIP: TaylorMade TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3)
  • Titleist Pro V1x

Apps/Systems I use:

Tests:

Date 02/05/2023
Course Name Surrey Hills
Gross Score 75
Course Handicap 1
Gross Strokes over/under par 4
Net Score to Par 3
Net Score 74
Net Birdies or better 3
Longest Drive 298

High of 69F and only 10-15 mph wind, beautiful day! Front 9 was a mess, but I managed to birdie #3 (hardest hole on the course). I haven't done that in a long time. Last thing I need to sort out before Spring is my iron distances. I seemed like everything was long. Not sure if it was the lack of wind or what. Regardless, I was able to make some adjustments on the back and be a little more precise with my distances.

image.png.48be2d2277732c156197204ead61a225.png

• Callaway Rouge ST Max LS 9* Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Rouge ST Max 3W w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft 
  • Callaway Mavrik 4Hy
  • Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-AW
  • TaylorMade Hi-Toe RAW 54-10 & 58-10 
  • L.A.B. MEZZ. 1 w/ ACCRA x L.A.B. Shaft (RIP: TaylorMade TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3)
  • Titleist Pro V1x

Apps/Systems I use:

Tests:

image.png

WEEK 18 & 19 FINAL LEADERBOARD

MYGOLFSPY FORUM MEMBER CHAMPIONSHIP TOUR

==============================================

Much appreciation for the patience from the early round posters from Week 18... it has been a long wait for the results.  I suppose if the Pros can wait until Monday at Pebble - we can wait an extra week for the VWCT 🙂 

image.png

WEEKs 18 & 19 WINNERS

Low Net Score To Par:

image.pngimage.png

Back to the form we have come to expect.... @Golf2Much continues to dominate the VWCT by posting this week's lowest net score of 3 under par net (67) at Key West Golf Club.  At this point... if he keeps playing his home course.... we can't stop him... we can only hope to contain him ;).  Great playing Norm!!  A three way tie for 2nd place at 1 over par net was @vandyland (twice... consistent!) and @snicerz (who we will be hearing about again a little farther down this post).  

Most Net Birdies or Better:

image.pngimage.png

Leading the way this week with net birdies ... we have a two way tie with 6 net birdies or better.  @fozcycle and @Golf2Much.  Since Norm is busy getting fitted for yet another Black Jacket... Foz takes the Birdie Badge this week!  Congrats

Longest Drive:

image.pngimage.png

As promised... and at this point... is it really a surprise?  Our Forum Long Drive Champion and this week's Long Drive Badge goes to @snicerz with his 351 yard drive... followed closely by @snicerz with his 328 yard drive (he must have caught that one on the heel 😉 ).  

Thanks for all the great scores everyone.  See you in WEEK 20!

Remember:

PLAY OFTEN ~ POST OFTEN!!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1