TESTERS WANTED! ×

2023 Srixon Release Refreshed Z Star Series

Golfspy_CG2

Jan. 23, 2023 - SRIXON®, a global leader in golf ball technology and innovation, announces the eighth generation Z-STAR Series golf ball. The Z-STAR Series is scheduled to launch Feb. 15, while the Z-STAR Series DIVIDE is scheduled for Spring 2023.

Made with an extra thin, urethane cover that provides tour level stopping power around the greens, the Z-STAR Series gives players more bite for more spin. Paired with the new Spin Skin+ to increase the cover’s degree of friction to enhance approach shots and greenside spin on every shot, Srixon claims this new generation will offer unmatched performance and feel. 

“Finding the right golf ball for your game is just as important as finding the right irons or driver,” said Brian Schielke, General Manager of Srixon. “It's the one piece of equipment you use on every single shot, which is why technological advances like the new Spin Skin+ and FastLayer DG Core give players confidence that their ball is going to react how it should and excel in every category that matters – more spin, bite, and speed.” 

Inside the Z-STAR Series is the new FastLayer DG Core, which is soft at the center and gets firmer from the inside out. The design of this core is intended to maintain a satisfying feel, while also providing ball speed. 

The Z-STAR is engineered with a thin mid-layer and softer compression to prioritize softer feel and approach shot spin, while the Z-STAR DIAMOND also has a thin mid-layer but has a firmer compression to optimize Iron spin and distance. The Z-STAR XV’s unique core achieves a soft center that increases dramatically in hardness with an evenly distributed hard outer edge, which boosts ball speed for increased distance and enhances Iron spin. 

Each Z-STAR Series ball features Speed Dimple Pattern, the 338 aerodynamic dimples improving overall launch even when wind conditions aren’t ideal. Its deep dimensions create a low drag coefficient that helps the ball stay on target and maintain distance, while keeping a penetrating ball flight in headwinds. 

Included in the Z-STAR Series is the Srixon Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV DIVIDE golf ball. With its unique 50/50 Visual Performance in Yellow/White, this ball is a high-performance, tour-quality option made to see the game in a whole new way. 

“The visual feedback on its own is one of the most beneficial features of the DIVIDE ball,” Schielke says. “The ability to track your spin in the air and around the greens will help with overall consistency, and with the one of a kind 360° line you’ll be able to see your line more clearly and perfect your roll on the greens.”

image001 (3).jpg

Both the Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV DIVIDE feature Srixon’s new FastLayer DG Core, new Spin Skin+, and Speed Dimple Pattern.

Key Innovations Inside Z-STAR Series Golf Ball:

·         New FastLayer DG Core: Starts soft in the center and dramatically becomes firm around its edge, giving high-speed players exceptional feel and plenty of ball speed for maximum distance.

·         New Spin Skin+: A durable coating that digs deep into your Wedge and Iron grooves, maximizing spin for better control and stopping power.

·         Speed Dimple Pattern: Less drag and more lift boosts overall distance and flies straight, even in the toughest wind conditions.

Retail Information and Pricing

Z-STAR, Z-STAR XV, Z-STAR DIAMOND - $47.99

Z-STAR DIVIDE, Z-STAR XV DIVIDE – $47.99

Srixon’s Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV are available in Pure White and Tour Yellow, while the Z-STAR DIAMOND will be available in Pure White.

U.S. Launch Date:

Z-STAR, Z-STAR DIAMOND, Z-STAR XV: Feb. 15, 2023

Z-STAR DIVIDE, Z-STAR XV DIVIDE: Available Spring 2023

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Especially feeling like there are so many XV users across the forum, it has surprised me to see such little talk about the move to a 3-piece construction  Super curious to see the changes to the new version.

Driver: 2023 Callaway Paradym - Tensei AV White 65X
3w: Mizuno GT 180 14 degree
5w: Cobra Rad Speed 19 degree
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM7 52F, 56M, 60M
Putter: TaylorMade GTX black
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x #7

2023 Callaway Paradym Driver Tester

On 1/24/2023 at 12:38 PM, Invader Zim 315 said:

Especially feeling like there are so many XV users across the forum, it has surprised me to see such little talk about the move to a 3-piece construction  Super curious to see the changes to the new version.

I noticed that and I'm excited to try them. I love high-compression, 3-piece balls!

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

I just wonder if they’re any better than the last iteration 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 1/24/2023 at 3:54 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Jan. 23, 2023 - SRIXON®, a global leader in golf ball technology and innovation, announces the eighth generation Z-STAR Series golf ball. The Z-STAR Series is scheduled to launch Feb. 15, while the Z-STAR Series DIVIDE is scheduled for Spring 2023.

Made with an extra thin, urethane cover that provides tour level stopping power around the greens, the Z-STAR Series gives players more bite for more spin. Paired with the new Spin Skin+ to increase the cover’s degree of friction to enhance approach shots and greenside spin on every shot, Srixon claims this new generation will offer unmatched performance and feel. 

“Finding the right golf ball for your game is just as important as finding the right irons or driver,” said Brian Schielke, General Manager of Srixon. “It's the one piece of equipment you use on every single shot, which is why technological advances like the new Spin Skin+ and FastLayer DG Core give players confidence that their ball is going to react how it should and excel in every category that matters – more spin, bite, and speed.” 

Inside the Z-STAR Series is the new FastLayer DG Core, which is soft at the center and gets firmer from the inside out. The design of this core is intended to maintain a satisfying feel, while also providing ball speed. 

The Z-STAR is engineered with a thin mid-layer and softer compression to prioritize softer feel and approach shot spin, while the Z-STAR DIAMOND also has a thin mid-layer but has a firmer compression to optimize Iron spin and distance. The Z-STAR XV’s unique core achieves a soft center that increases dramatically in hardness with an evenly distributed hard outer edge, which boosts ball speed for increased distance and enhances Iron spin. 

Each Z-STAR Series ball features Speed Dimple Pattern, the 338 aerodynamic dimples improving overall launch even when wind conditions aren’t ideal. Its deep dimensions create a low drag coefficient that helps the ball stay on target and maintain distance, while keeping a penetrating ball flight in headwinds. 

Included in the Z-STAR Series is the Srixon Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV DIVIDE golf ball. With its unique 50/50 Visual Performance in Yellow/White, this ball is a high-performance, tour-quality option made to see the game in a whole new way. 

“The visual feedback on its own is one of the most beneficial features of the DIVIDE ball,” Schielke says. “The ability to track your spin in the air and around the greens will help with overall consistency, and with the one of a kind 360° line you’ll be able to see your line more clearly and perfect your roll on the greens.”

image001 (3).jpg

Both the Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV DIVIDE feature Srixon’s new FastLayer DG Core, new Spin Skin+, and Speed Dimple Pattern.

Key Innovations Inside Z-STAR Series Golf Ball:

·         New FastLayer DG Core: Starts soft in the center and dramatically becomes firm around its edge, giving high-speed players exceptional feel and plenty of ball speed for maximum distance.

·         New Spin Skin+: A durable coating that digs deep into your Wedge and Iron grooves, maximizing spin for better control and stopping power.

·         Speed Dimple Pattern: Less drag and more lift boosts overall distance and flies straight, even in the toughest wind conditions.

Retail Information and Pricing

Z-STAR, Z-STAR XV, Z-STAR DIAMOND - $47.99

Z-STAR DIVIDE, Z-STAR XV DIVIDE – $47.99

Srixon’s Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV are available in Pure White and Tour Yellow, while the Z-STAR DIAMOND will be available in Pure White.

U.S. Launch Date:

Z-STAR, Z-STAR DIAMOND, Z-STAR XV: Feb. 15, 2023

Z-STAR DIVIDE, Z-STAR XV DIVIDE: Available Spring 2023

Missed this! Excited for these. Been a srixon fan for some time for their golf balls and will without a doubt add this to my testing list!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

And last year’s Z-Stars are now on sale as a result. Maybe its time to try those…

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Missed this! Excited for these. Been a srixon fan for some time for their golf balls and will without a doubt add this to my testing list!

I agree. If I were to switch balls, the Z Star would be by first option.  It has great feel and good performance around the green.  The two things I look for most. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I really like the current Z-Star, so I bought a bunch before Xmas.  I can't see why I wouldn't transition to the new one when it comes out.  Its a great ball.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

• 2 months later...

Played last year's Z Star divide over the weekend and was thoroughly impressed with it. I have always jumped between Pro V1 and Kirkland V2 (I like to save a little $ when I can), but was beyond impressed with the Z Star Divide with its piercing flight, the low spin with my driver, and the control on my approach shots even into some serious wind. Also I'm a sucker for that two-tone color - worked well as an alignment aid on the green. I might be changing camps to Srixon as a result of how good it felt to play. I'm excited to get a hold of some 2023 Z Star and Z Star Divide this spring. 

Edited by joeand10

Joe Anderson

La Crosse, WI

Driver: Callaway Paradym (10.5 degree, Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 - S Flex)
Fairway: Exotics CBX (15degree, Project X HZRDUS - S Flex)
3H: Exotics CBX (20degree, Project X HZRDUS - S Flex)
4H: Exotics CBX (22degree, Stock Exotics - S Flex)
5H: Wilson Staff D7 (25degree, UST MAMIYA RECOIL 460 - R Flex)
Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL 6-PW (True Temper Elevate 95 - R Flex)
Wedges: Wilson Harmonized 52deg, 56deg, 60deg (Stock Wilson - Wedge Flex)
Putter: Tour Edge Bazooka Pro-4, 35"

• 4 weeks later...

I quite like the Srixon range. I play AD333 in winter and I was positive with XV , Z star just doesn’t float my boat. Tonight I tried Q star tour …. Well that extra layer and cover doesn’t make it spin more than an AD333 around the greens . It might pop up but it doesn’t stop XV does check as does AD333 even on small half/ soft shots but the Q star tour really failed. Even on full iron shots it offered nothing over and above the AD333. Which leaves me in a bit of a quandary as I need something spinny for summer due the poor green prep and maintenance.

Epic speed - GPLB in long flex 

Ping 425 max 3 wood/ Callaway Rogue 5w

PXG 7 wood/ Ping g425 Crossover 3 

Ping G430 irons 5- 46 degree (+2 degree loft)  ( graphite shafts) 

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

Vokey SM6 60 degree M grind

yes Donna or maybe a centre shaft white hot 2ball 

assorted updates/ stand ins stored safely for the call up

Still adjusting the set up 

5 hours ago, Ding-dong said:

I quite like the Srixon range. I play AD333 in winter and I was positive with XV , Z star just doesn’t float my boat. Tonight I tried Q star tour …. Well that extra layer and cover doesn’t make it spin more than an AD333 around the greens . It might pop up but it doesn’t stop XV does check as does AD333 even on small half/ soft shots but the Q star tour really failed. Even on full iron shots it offered nothing over and above the AD333. Which leaves me in a bit of a quandary as I need something spinny for summer due the poor green prep and maintenance.

Interesting. Here in the States, the AD333 is called the Q-Star. It's an ionomer cover, as compared to the Q-Star Tour's urethane cover. I'd be interested to see what your data looks like on a launch monitor. I have a hunch the AD333 actually spins less than the other Srixons, but the higher launch and peak height should give it a steeper descent angle, which helps with stopping power. (The being said, the QST is definitely going to be lower spinning compared to the Z-Star series, of which you'll likely see max greenside spin with the standard Z-Star)

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

4 hours ago, GregGarner said:

Interesting. Here in the States, the AD333 is called the Q-Star. It's an ionomer cover, as compared to the Q-Star Tour's urethane cover. I'd be interested to see what your data looks like on a launch monitor. I have a hunch the AD333 actually spins less than the other Srixons, but the higher launch and peak height should give it a steeper descent angle, which helps with stopping power. (The being said, the QST is definitely going to be lower spinning compared to the Z-Star series, of which you'll likely see max greenside spin with the standard Z-Star)

I had selected the Tour on those grounds, so was mightily disappointed when it was rolling on.. I gave it a number of opportunities and last night my striking was at its best, which may not be up to much but it could get the XV coming backwards and AD333 hop stopping , on 3/4 irons and full. 
But for me these are indicative and I want to know if I get any check on chips, I want that to be a consistent response … I can live with less spin but why buy a ball that doesn’t do what you want , and that’s why the QST really surprised me, as all the claims were all the right things. 
Anyway it’s back to the drawing board, with the XV the current leader, I will look at the Callaway options (although they don’t seem to be like the old HX Tour i stuff ) , Pro Vx is good but expensive 

Epic speed - GPLB in long flex 

Ping 425 max 3 wood/ Callaway Rogue 5w

PXG 7 wood/ Ping g425 Crossover 3 

Ping G430 irons 5- 46 degree (+2 degree loft)  ( graphite shafts) 

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

Vokey SM6 60 degree M grind

yes Donna or maybe a centre shaft white hot 2ball 

assorted updates/ stand ins stored safely for the call up

Still adjusting the set up 

On 4/26/2023 at 10:41 PM, GregGarner said:

Interesting. Here in the States, the AD333 is called the Q-Star. 

Thank you for this. I have been researching balls and am currently trying out the Q Star and although I've read about the AD333, I had not seen this mentioned before. 

I like the Q Star as a step up from a Soft Feel which gives a tiny bit more spin around the greens and a higher launch. And the price, under $30, is still quite good.

The odd thing is that it seems hard to find these balls right now. I'm guessing that the 2023 version is suffering from supply chain issues? 

PXG 0211 driver, 5w, 6i-PW, GW, SW; Titleist H1 4h; Odyssey White Hot mallet.

I switched to the regular Z-Star about 5 years ago and I continue to play all generations of this ball. I've tested the XV, and it was ok but I'm not a fan of the X balls from any OEM. Though I am interested in the 3 piece version. I also received a dozen of the Diamond during the offseason, so I'm really interested to put those in play.

The reason I don't like X balls is they're inconsistent around the green for me. On approach shots sometimes they take big hops on the green and sometimes they suck back. When chipping they seem to roll out a lot more than what I'm used to. The non-X Tour balls (Z-Star, ProV1, TP5) are one hop stop on approaches and settle on the green the way I want with chips.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star