TESTERS WANTED! ×

Rapsodo MLM2 Pro

ejgaudette

2 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

A very valid question.  I suspect for some it will still be worth it and some it won’t.  To me the simulation even though that won’t be my primary use, helps justify the higher cost.  Plus as mentioned the built in camera vs having to use my iPhone. 

I will use it or IPad instead as the face on camera or to view the simulation when I use that.

Those are three pretty significant improvements in my mind  

As a net user it seems to tick a lot of boxes. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

A very valid question.  I suspect for some it will still be worth it and some it won’t.  To me the simulation even though that won’t be my primary use, helps justify the higher cost.  Plus as mentioned the built in camera vs having to use my iPhone. 

I will use it or IPad instead as the face on camera or to view the simulation when I use that.

Those are three pretty significant improvements in my mind  

One other point I just realized, no one should really want spin numbers at the range as we are a) hitting crappy range balls and/or b) hitting of mats so are spin numbers will be off regardless. In that sense the unit may actually make sense. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

30 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

One other point I just realized, no one should really want spin numbers at the range as we are a) hitting crappy range balls and/or b) hitting of mats so are spin numbers will be off regardless. In that sense the unit may actually make sense. 

Yeah, I was going to ask a similar question. I have a PRGR I use at the range to get a rough estimate of SS, Especially when working on driver, but... Those range balls are mostly garbage for anything other than driver. 

I had (and sold) the Garmin g80, which was...a great idea that for me just didn't quite give me the experience I wanted. It had a "virtual course" option, but it didn't track spin in any way, so it was just always straight and went as far as your SS dictated. 

This has a lot of appeal for me in my net, IF the spin numbers are close. 

But I'm definitely interested. 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Not to go off track here but regarding spin data, other than initial baseline values, how much do folks really pay attention to spin and what for as it pertains to either ball striking or equipment?  I personally don't care too much about spin (the numbers were within acceptable range during club fitting) and focus more on whether I'm getting good and consistent distance and hitting targets/aimpoint.  On that note, I absolutely love the 3 ranges here.  Not only are they really well maintained, but they have 6-8 mock greens to shoot at.  Now if I can just get my course play GIR's to match range GIR's... 😜.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 1/26/2023 at 4:34 PM, SpartyMD said:

I inquired with Rapsodo; if you don’t use the Callaway RPT balls, you don’t get spin and spin axis numbers. So pretty much at this point you won’t get those numbers unless you are hitting into a net. Likely because without the marked balls the accuracy isn’t there. 

What would the difference even between the Callaway and Titleist RCT? 

1 hour ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

So true. I wonder how long ProV1 would last at a range hahahha. 

Does everyone here thinking about a launch monitor have a big space for one or has anyone got creative with set ups with limited space or outdoors?

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

3 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

What would the difference even between the Callaway and Titleist RCT? 

So true. I wonder how long ProV1 would last at a range hahahha. 

Does everyone here thinking about a launch monitor have a big space for one or has anyone got creative with set ups with limited space or outdoors?

I believe the Titleist RCT is picked up by Doppler and the Callaway RPT has the dot patterns picked up by the camera. 

I'm just into visual confirmation.  If I hit the ball correctly it will go where I'm aiming.  To me the  alignment sticks and how I feel I'm swinging correctly or not gives me the info I need to try to make adjustments.  The best thing to me to get correction of my swing is to go visit my local Golf instructor who can watch me and give me instance information as to what I need to do to correct my deficiencies.   

Titleist 718, scotty, PXG

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Not to go off track here but regarding spin data, other than initial baseline values, how much do folks really pay attention to spin and what for as it pertains to either ball striking or equipment?  I personally don't care too much about spin (the numbers were within acceptable range during club fitting) and focus more on whether I'm getting good and consistent distance and hitting targets/aimpoint.  On that note, I absolutely love the 3 ranges here.  Not only are they really well maintained, but they have 6-8 mock greens to shoot at.  Now if I can just get my course play GIR's to match range GIR's... 😜.

I was going to mention this in my previous post along with the range ball factor @Vegan_Golfer_PNW mentioned. 

On the range I can see the flight and know if there was too much or not enough spin. And the not enough can be confirmed based only launch, which I think the $500 to $700 units to an acceptable job there. 

I’ll rely on the total carry and ball speed as data points I’m using as benchmarks.   The carry can also be marked by the flags of various distances we have on the range. 

One area I’m very fortunate in and I did this a couple times last year namely with my TSR2 when it first arrived. 

I can go out on our course when there are vey few geoips and setup a driving station on a hole.    

I’ll take the MLM 2 or Mevo+ which ever I end up with and the RCT and real ProV’s and set up on a Tee.   I’ll take my abag off the cart and drive it out using my SX500 until o get to 250 yards from the tee…..ok Ok….200 yards and place my bag there. 

Then head back to the tee and start hitting.  I have the LM to tell me the carry and can visually verify if it’s past or short of the bag.  As 200 carry is good drive for me at this point.  Well in the winter and cole I’m finding it’s more 185 or so.  But in season 200 to 205 carry. 

And  with either of these units I should get good swing and tracer video to go along with the data. 

Kinda a lot to go through at times.  But hey we’re internet golf geeks. It’s what we do.  Ha 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

7 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

I'm seriously considering buying one for use while I'm having a practice round, do the numbers match what I'm seeing during play?

Because I see better numbers on the course than I did in the NETS, I've not used my launch monitor since last August...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I was going to mention this in my previous post along with the range ball factor @Vegan_Golfer_PNW mentioned. 

On the range I can see the flight and know if there was too much or not enough spin. And the not enough can be confirmed based only launch, which I think the $500 to $700 units to an acceptable job there. 

I’ll rely on the total carry and ball speed as data points I’m using as benchmarks.   The carry can also be marked by the flags of various distances we have on the range. 

One area I’m very fortunate in and I did this a couple times last year namely with my TSR2 when it first arrived. 

I can go out on our course when there are vey few geoips and setup a driving station on a hole.    

I’ll take the MLM 2 or Mevo+ which ever I end up with and the RCT and real ProV’s and set up on a Tee.   I’ll take my abag off the cart and drive it out using my SX500 until o get to 250 yards from the tee…..ok Ok….200 yards and place my bag there. 

Then head back to the tee and start hitting.  I have the LM to tell me the carry and can visually verify if it’s past or short of the bag.  As 200 carry is good drive for me at this point.  Well in the winter and cole I’m finding it’s more 185 or so.  But in season 200 to 205 carry. 

And  with either of these units I should get good swing and tracer video to go along with the data. 

Kinda a lot to go through at times.  But hey we’re internet golf geeks. It’s what we do.  Ha 

Great minds think alike lol

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

I purchased the originally MLM and ended up sending it back as I did not like having to use my phone and it always over heated.  I was considering the Garmin very heavily, but the release of this has really caught my eye.  I am looking for something 90% to be used in my backyard hitting into a net, I take lessons once a week and have a trackman there so this will work well to work on things throughout the week.  I was going to the local driving ranges but you hit off crap mats and crap balls so who knows what is really true or not.  So at least with this I would be using good balls and hit off a good mat and be able to control my environment.  

So yes I think I am going to preorder one... For working on swing the dual camera angles is going to be sweet...

Edited by Ruger

Driver:   TaylorMade Stealth 10.5*

Wood:     Taylormade Stealth 15*

Irons:      TaylorMade 2021 P790 4-PW / KBS Tour Lite Regular

Wedge:   Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Putter:    TaylorMade Spider GT

Balls:      Testing Several

Other:       Arccos  

I’m sure someone who is smart enough will take the balls that come with it and make some 3D printed template that you can put a golf ball in and color in the dot pattern with a sharpie.  

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

On 1/28/2023 at 7:45 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Excited to see this. I will admit I was underwhelmed with the original. It is nice and fine, but didn't have the long term appeal I was hoping for. Oh and much like what happened with @GolfSpy_BOS I went to charge it up and it's dead or just won't do anything. It is a bit too bad, but I would be lying if I said I was planning on using it anytime soon. 

Something that allows you to "play" courses is more in line with what I want and am looking for!

On 1/27/2023 at 7:29 AM, mjzalenski said:

From what I can see, it looks like you need to have the $199/year subscription in order to use it in any fashion?

Has anyone heard if you can use it without subscription with a 3rd party app?

I'm pretty tired of subscription models.  Netflix, hbo, Spotify, internet, headspace, prime, password managers, online golf instruction, Rosetta stone, vitamins and supplements, even razor blades!  At the end of the month,  I could have played several rounds at a nice golf course. 

I saw this article that mentioned E6 & Awesome Golf integration,  which is yet another subscription.

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 3/F Baffler Rail F 15.5°

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra Aero Jet 5 - PW, GW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Bag: 1622150773421.jpg.867df9e5987ee9b79cc36f4c70090b01.jpg Big Max 14.0 Hybrid

Ball: :titleist-small: Titleist Velocity

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

It will be interesting when the time comes to see how this ranks compared to the original in Most Wanted Testing. The LM space has so many options its really hard to decide and with them being so much more accessible I hope we see continued further development and improvement within it. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Count me as someone interested in this, but I'd need to digest pricing info first.  I understand the subscription model, heck I'm an analyst for a SaaS software company, so I know the benefits the company gets, but I hate it as a consumer for stuff like this.  

On the surface this looks like it could be the step Rapsodo needed to take the MLM from a fun range toy to a serious training aid.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

The more I am thinking about it the more I am interested. Most of my practice is into a net during the day so this would be helpful to see more accurate ball flight and be able to simulate some courses. I could easily see fitting that in during a lunch session or on the weekend. Hmmmm good thing I have more time to think before deciding.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

I have the Garmin R10 and did purchase the lifetime subscription for Awesome Golf ($350). Well worth it. 
I decided on AG because it reads the ball data instantaneously whereas the E6 readout is somewhat delayed and not appealing for me.
The monthly/annual subscription model was not economically beneficial for me (open wallet, endless payments). 
The one area where GR10 could improve is the ability to download your data to a .csv file. On E6 you have that ability. I’m confident that Garmin will get there in time. 
I do want to see the new Rapsodo in live action (not on YT videos). It looks like a nice LM for that price point. 

Golfweasel

On 1/25/2023 at 9:28 AM, Nolan220 said:

Also look like the one camera showed it from the side and not just behind the golfer ? I can see this being in the Mevo+ price range 

The side camera capability comes from the app on your phone. So you would setup your phone to get the face-on angle and the camera on the unit to get the down-the-line shot. Then the app will link to the two videos together

18 hours ago, DriverBreaker said:

I’m sure someone who is smart enough will take the balls that come with it and make some 3D printed template that you can put a golf ball in and color in the dot pattern with a sharpie.  

I was thinking the same thing. I have one that I bought cheap online that my daughter can make the Callaway "soccer" pattern on any ball.  

2 hours ago, Golfweasel said:

I have the Garmin R10 and did purchase the lifetime subscription for Awesome Golf ($350). Well worth it. 
I decided on AG because it reads the ball data instantaneously whereas the E6 readout is somewhat delayed and not appealing for me.
The monthly/annual subscription model was not economically beneficial for me (open wallet, endless payments). 
The one area where GR10 could improve is the ability to download your data to a .csv file. On E6 you have that ability. I’m confident that Garmin will get there in time. 
I do want to see the new Rapsodo in live action (not on YT videos). It looks like a nice LM for that price point. 

If you were to switch from the R10 to the MLM2, can you transfer your Awesome Golf subscription, or is that bound forever to your R10?

• :ping-small: G425 Max driver
  • :ping-small: G425 SFT 3 wood
  • :ping-small: G425 3 and 5 hybrid
  • :callaway-small:  B21 irons 6-PW
  • :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 48 and CBX2 52/58 Wedges
  • :odyssey-small: 2 ball Ten Tour lined
  • :bridgestone-small:Tour BX ball
  • :Arccos: Arccos Caddie with Apple Watch
  • :footjoy-small: Hyperflex shoes
  • :BagBoy: Chiller Hybrid Stand Bag

15 minutes ago, Shankdog said:

If you were to switch from the R10 to the MLM2, can you transfer your Awesome Golf subscription, or is that bound forever to your R10?

Good question-  I’ve sent an email to Awesome Golf asking that question. I’ll post their answer when I receive it.  Cheers!

Golfweasel

5 minutes ago, Shankdog said:

I have the same question.  Considering the AG lifetime.

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 3/F Baffler Rail F 15.5°

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra Aero Jet 5 - PW, GW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Bag: 1622150773421.jpg.867df9e5987ee9b79cc36f4c70090b01.jpg Big Max 14.0 Hybrid

Ball: :titleist-small: Titleist Velocity

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

19 minutes ago, Golfweasel said:

I just received a response from George Rourke at Awesome Golf. 
here is his reply (screen shot below)  This is very good to know  

B57640DE-6CB2-4ABB-A420-6B988E2A459F.jpeg

Interesting point here, does that mean you save $200 which is the Premium to get all the extras within the app software. I'm buying tomorrow if that's the case?

1 hour ago, Golfweasel said:

I just received a response from George Rourke at Awesome Golf. 
here is his reply (screen shot below)  This is very good to know  

B57640DE-6CB2-4ABB-A420-6B988E2A459F.jpeg

That’s great news.  I’ve been on the fence on an Awesome golf software purchase.  I did the trial and really liked it, but if I were to later upgrade to a different launch monitor, it’s good to know I could take the software with me.  

• :ping-small: G425 Max driver
  • :ping-small: G425 SFT 3 wood
  • :ping-small: G425 3 and 5 hybrid
  • :callaway-small:  B21 irons 6-PW
  • :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 48 and CBX2 52/58 Wedges
  • :odyssey-small: 2 ball Ten Tour lined
  • :bridgestone-small:Tour BX ball
  • :Arccos: Arccos Caddie with Apple Watch
  • :footjoy-small: Hyperflex shoes
  • :BagBoy: Chiller Hybrid Stand Bag

1 hour ago, Bang60 said:

Interesting point here, does that mean you save $200 which is the Premium to get all the extras within the app software. I'm buying tomorrow if that's the case?

Lifetime membership for $349.99 (one time cost) plus tax

OR

Pay $199.99 + $9.99/mo (continuous pay) plus tax

Hope that answers your question. 

Edited by Golfweasel

Golfweasel

As someone trying to build an in home simulator in the next year or so, this is very intriguing. I've been wanting something like this for a long time but I'm interested in doing tests with it on different equipment and balls.  Doesn't sound possible since it's most accurate with the supplied golf balls.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

Do we know if the callaway RPT balls are regular balls with the markings on them like TP Pix balls or do they have embedded metal like the RCT balls?  I can't seem to find anything about them other than this new MLM2 is going to include a sleeve.

My guess is that the R stands for radar which would mean you could use any of the titleist RPT balls too with this.  Also assuming that they are metal enhanced because I don't see the camera being able to pick up spin given it's size and distance from the ball.