TESTERS WANTED! ×

Rapsodo MLM2 Pro

ejgaudette

On 1/28/2023 at 8:00 AM, fixyurdivot said:

Not to go off track here but regarding spin data, other than initial baseline values, how much do folks really pay attention to spin and what for as it pertains to either ball striking or equipment?  I personally don't care too much about spin (the numbers were within acceptable range during club fitting) and focus more on whether I'm getting good and consistent distance and hitting targets/aimpoint.  On that note, I absolutely love the 3 ranges here.  Not only are they really well maintained, but they have 6-8 mock greens to shoot at.  Now if I can just get my course play GIR's to match range GIR's... 😜.

Oh, I see why you were confused by my spin reference - it made it sound like I'm  specifically targeting a spin window. Lol. I wish. I meant more like, when I skull the ball three feet off the ground into the net with my 7-iron, but my launch monitor shows 180 carry... It's clearly not reading the spin accurately 😄

I have a tendency to miss over the top, which I'm working really hard on, butt the problem for me  hitting into a net is I have no idea what spin I'm putting on the ball, which would be helpful to know. On the range, it's clear enough to see. But over Covid early-days, I managed to groove in a pretty good out-to-in path without knowing it. 

So something like this feels like a nice option without spending $4k on the GC3/Bushnell

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

11 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

Do we know if the callaway RPT balls are regular balls with the markings on them like TP Pix balls or do they have embedded metal like the RCT balls?  I can't seem to find anything about them other than this new MLM2 is going to include a sleeve.

My guess is that the R stands for radar which would mean you could use any of the titleist RPT balls too with this.  Also assuming that they are metal enhanced because I don't see the camera being able to pick up spin given it's size and distance from the ball.  

I think the dots are what it tracks to see the spin with the camera not with the radar, or maybe it combines the two. So as far as we know there is not metal like the RCT ball from Titleist, but it would be good to test that and see how results hold up. It would be great if both work, or if someone has mentioned if they simply make a little mold to allow you to sharpie the pattern on any ball and see if that works.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

RPT is Rapsodo Precision Technology. I didn’t see details about how it works, but it might just be the dots on the ball and the software in the unit uses that to calculate spin. Rapsodo has been pretty clear that other balls (eg RCT) won’t work for spin, but maybe drawing the dots on with a template could trick the system.

On another note, when watching the spin test from golficity I noticed that they aren’t that far from the impact screen. Looks like less than 8 feet to me and at least spin was still very accurate….

https://golficity.com/first-look-rapsodo-debuts-new-mlm2pro-launch-monitor-and-golf-simulator/

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I am still puzzled why there are no independent reviews comparing the MLM2 to a high end launch monitor. Golficity had a brief comparison review and promised a more in-depth look, but that longer review hasn't occurred. I wonder if the intro was rushed out for the PGA Show and it isn't ready for prime time yet. That would explain why the ship date was two months away. I hope the thing lives up to its potential.

5 minutes ago, JustBob said:

I am still puzzled why there are no independent reviews comparing the MLM2 to a high end launch monitor. Golficity had a brief comparison review and promised a more in-depth look, but that longer review hasn't occurred. I wonder if the intro was rushed out for the PGA Show and it isn't ready for prime time yet. That would explain why the ship date was two months away. I hope the thing lives up to its potential.

I would have to look, but think there are still several things in beta with it and the "full release" is yet to come. 

When that happens I'm sure there will be!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Yeah as a holder of the first model I liked it and received a few promotional emails but I'm waiting for a few months to see what the final word in the market place is, I've not used mine since August 22 because I practice on the golf course now plus I know I hit the ball reasonably well but not always on the ONE hole...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to these simulator tools,..

Does anyone know what MLM 2 Pro is offering without its premium membership? on their website, all below 9 features are coming with the membership.
However, I'm curious to know if they would not enable Impact Vision, Spin Rate, and Dual Camera features if you do not subscribe after 1 year...

would it also have some drive range mode or something that I can use without subscribing to membership?

Cloud Video Storage
Slow Motion Replay
Session Insights
Rapsodo Combine
Spin Rate, Spin Axis (Callaway® RPT™ Ball)
Rapsodo Courses
Rapsodo Range
Impact Vision
Dual Camera

2 hours ago, usbtyped said:

I'm new to these simulator tools,..

Does anyone know what MLM 2 Pro is offering without its premium membership? on their website, all below 9 features are coming with the membership.
However, I'm curious to know if they would not enable Impact Vision, Spin Rate, and Dual Camera features if you do not subscribe after 1 year...

would it also have some drive range mode or something that I can use without subscribing to membership?

Cloud Video Storage
Slow Motion Replay
Session Insights
Rapsodo Combine
Spin Rate, Spin Axis (Callaway® RPT™ Ball)
Rapsodo Courses
Rapsodo Range
Impact Vision
Dual Camera

Nothing, when you buy Rapsodo it's a package deal for the 1st year . They aren't sure about year 2, imho hitting balls in the net or at a driving range is ok when I can't play for awhile. I want to see the ball flight on the golf course and being able to see the landing bounce how much run out etc, the best thing about the New Rapsodo is it's all contained in one unit making it easier and faster to setup during a round. I tried with my iPhone and the mlm unit while playing but just sometimes too slow linking the unit to iphone...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

18 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Nothing, when you buy Rapsodo it's a package deal for the 1st year . They aren't sure about year 2, imho hitting balls in the net or at a driving range is ok when I can't play for awhile. I want to see the ball flight on the golf course and being able to see the landing bounce how much run out etc, the best thing about the New Rapsodo is it's all contained in one unit making it easier and faster to setup during a round. I tried with my iPhone and the mlm unit while playing but just sometimes too slow linking the unit to iphone...

interesting, so basically without $199 annual subscription, you basically end up with a device with no functionality? i will have to reconsider this then.

not sure if this business model will succeed. they should've just offer entire set(hardware and features) as a product for the subscription.

3 hours ago, usbtyped said:

interesting, so basically without $199 annual subscription, you basically end up with a device with no functionality? i will have to reconsider this then.

not sure if this business model will succeed. they should've just offer entire set(hardware and features) as a product for the subscription.

Unfortunately everything is going towards a subscription model. And for the price of the unit with the year included, it’s still not a bad value compared to some of the other non-subscription tech out there… and even those usually have something extra for an annual fee. 

The way I tend to think of these is in 3-5 year windows. So I’d be comparing this Rapsodo MLM2 Pro total cost over that period versus the competition. After 3-5 years it’s likely that major improvement in the space will have been made, and something else will be worth looking into. 

for what it’s worth, with the OG MLM you get less storage space and no access to premium features without the subscription, but you still can get two range trips worth of shot history. And I imagine that is enough for a lot of folks, but I still don’t love it. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Unfortunately everything is going towards a subscription model. And for the price of the unit with the year included, it’s still not a bad value compared to some of the other non-subscription tech out there… and even those usually have something extra for an annual fee. 

The way I tend to think of these is in 3-5 year windows. So I’d be comparing this Rapsodo MLM2 Pro total cost over that period versus the competition. After 3-5 years it’s likely that major improvement in the space will have been made, and something else will be worth looking into. 

for what it’s worth, with the OG MLM you get less storage space and no access to premium features without the subscription, but you still can get two range trips worth of shot history. And I imagine that is enough for a lot of folks, but I still don’t love it. 

I've not used my mlm basic model for 6 months because I play regular golf which is much more satisfying, I've still got more than a 10 sessions on mine and thinking I should use it a few times to compare my numbers lol...

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard if the release date has changed for this product?  I had been keeping an eye on these from different websites such as Dick's Sporting Goods and other stores but earlier this week they had on the product page that March 31 was the release date and now this has been removed.  I know there was a massive pre-order on these so I wondered if this pushed back the release date.  I also messaged Dick's on their chat session and they could not tell me when they would be available.

Let’s have a day!

Its available on their site, https://rapsodo.com/products/mlm2pro-golf-simulator maybe just a DSG thing for right now.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

9 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

Its available on their site, https://rapsodo.com/products/mlm2pro-golf-simulator maybe just a DSG thing for right now.

So the secret project I have been involved on and treaded in a thread a month ago. 

I was part of the Beta Test team for the MLM2 Pro and have been putting IG through the ringer with several other testers.   

I’d be happy to answer any questions anyone has.   One disclaimer, I have not tested every aspect of it yet to do a few circumstances.    Bit have a good overall sense of it. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

21 hours ago, Blake4345 said:

Has anyone heard if the release date has changed for this product?  I had been keeping an eye on these from different websites such as Dick's Sporting Goods and other stores but earlier this week they had on the product page that March 31 was the release date and now this has been removed.  I know there was a massive pre-order on these so I wondered if this pushed back the release date.  I also messaged Dick's on their chat session and they could not tell me when they would be available.

Actually March 31st (today) was the first day of shopping for Pre Orders and they have started going out. 

it won’t hit retail stores until later in April. 

6 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So the secret project I have been involved on and treaded in a thread a month ago. 

I was part of the Beta Test team for the MLM2 Pro and have been putting IG through the ringer with several other testers.   

I’d be happy to answer any questions anyone has.   One disclaimer, I have not tested every aspect of it yet to do a few circumstances.    Bit have a good overall sense of it. 

How does it compare to say track man or other similar launch monitors? Also, I see they want a yearly membership?

Play like a champion today!

20 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

This is something that I am SUPER intrigued on this year as I may turn my parking spot into the garage into an indoor hitting area with a net for next winter, with the ultimate goal of turning it into a simulator bay. I really like the updates they seem to have made from the OG MLM. How do the two compare side by side? If you have used the OG model 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

44 minutes ago, Javs said:

How does it compare to say track man or other similar launch monitors? Also, I see they want a yearly membership?

I've had it right next to Trackman on the outdoor range and the numbers were all within  1-3 yards of carry and ball speed was almost always spot on or 1 mph off.   

$199 for yearly membership to get you access to 3rd party simulator software such as e6 and awesome gofl, you still need to purchase those licenses from them.   Also to get spin and spin axis

34 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

This is something that I am SUPER intrigued on this year as I may turn my parking spot into the garage into an indoor hitting area with a net for next winter, with the ultimate goal of turning it into a simulator bay. I really like the updates they seem to have made from the OG MLM. How do the two compare side by side? If you have used the OG model 

I had the original MLM when it came out, but ultimately sold it due to the overheating issue and having to use my phone as the camera.

Both of those items have been elimiinated as you've probably have read elsewhere.  You can still use your phone or Ipad in front of you to give you a Face on View in additionto the the Down the Line view from the units camera. 

A couple of the other Beta testers still had the MLM OG and said they numbers are very close in  a lot of instances but that the overall user experiences is much better with the Pro 2

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I've had it right next to Trackman on the outdoor range and the numbers were all within  1-3 yards of carry and ball speed was almost always spot on or 1 mph off.   

$199 for yearly membership to get you access to 3rd party simulator software such as e6 and awesome gofl, you still need to purchase those licenses from them.   Also to get spin and spin axis

This is good to hear! I put the pre order in soon after the debut at the golf show. Really looking forward to it's arrival!

Driver/3W/5W/4H: Cobra RadSpeed
Irons (5-PW): Cobra King Forged Tec 
Wedges (50/54/58): Cobra Snakebite
Putter: Evn Roll EVR2

On 3/31/2023 at 7:10 PM, LetThereBeGolf said:

This is good to hear! I put the pre order in soon after the debut at the golf show. Really looking forward to it's arrival!

From what I saw yesterday preorders started going out and I saw some people were able to check the status of theirs by entering the order number on the site. 

But don’t be alarmed if it shows no info. Apparently it only shows status on orders that have had the shipping label crested.

I think you’re going enjoy it.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, acatalano32 said:

My mlm2 pro came in yesterday! Does anyone have suggestions on good/decent hitting mats and nets? 

Here’s a good place to start

https://mygolfspy.com/buyers-guides/golf-accessories/2022-golf-hitting-mat-buyers-guide/

https://mygolfspy.com/buyers-guides/golf-accessories/best-golf-net-2022/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have the Spornia 8 foot net and it’s great.  It is expensive, but the well worth the money in my humble opinion.

• :ping-small: G425 Max driver
  • :ping-small: G425 SFT 3 wood
  • :ping-small: G425 3 and 5 hybrid
  • :callaway-small:  B21 irons 6-PW
  • :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 48 and CBX2 52/58 Wedges
  • :odyssey-small: 2 ball Ten Tour lined
  • :bridgestone-small:Tour BX ball
  • :Arccos: Arccos Caddie with Apple Watch
  • :footjoy-small: Hyperflex shoes
  • :BagBoy: Chiller Hybrid Stand Bag

I really hope this thing lives up to the hype. So far everything I have seen about it has been stellar and would love to see it set a new standard for well priced launch monitors. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I found this review and for the driver is seems to hold up pretty well, though there is one read in there that is off 10 yards of carry, still pretty good, but as they mention how does this do at speed. I think personally I am not fast enough to worry, but if you get up to 170 ball speed what does it look like then.

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I really hope this thing lives up to the hype. So far everything I have seen about it has been stellar and would love to see it set a new standard for well priced launch monitors. 

Same here! I just picked up the rukket spdr 

still looking to pick up a mat

really excited to grind this summer lol