Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Tell Us Your Best Golf Story

GolfSpy SAM

Alright, so I'm starting a new thread here, because I feel like every time I meet a golfer, they have some crazy, hilarious, bizarro, hard-to-believe-but-it's-really-true story.  That's what this thread is for.  

They don't have to be YOUR stories, though it's probably more fun if they are.  Give us your funniest, saddest, craziest stories, and let's share a little laughter/incredulity about this awesome sport of ours.

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I was playing Papago the first year I moved to Phoenix. Didn't know anyone and got paired up with others every tee time. On the first tee the starter says you will be playing with these gentlemen and the first guy about 6'3" and 250lbs of solid muscle says "Hi, my names Desmond ..." and I finished with "Desmond Clark, nice to meet you". He smiled a little sideways and said "You are from Chicago I take it?" I replied I was and he went on the say "No offense Sam, but I prefer not to talk about the Bears and just focus on my golf". Admittedly I was a little disappointed but I of course respected his wishes. 

... Halfway through the front 9 he asked me what I did for a living and when I told him he asked the question most ask "In anything I would know?" So I mentioned a few things and when I said The Dark Knight his eyes lit up and he just about screamed "That's my favorite movie!!!" and then showed me some photos of his movie room with cut outs and posters from the movie. "Oh man I gotta ask, what was it like working with Christopher Nolan and ..." I help up my hand and stopped him right there, smiled saying ""No offense Desmond, but I prefer not to talk about The Dark Knight and just focus on golf". He had a good laugh and said touche'.

... Then I made a deal with him and said if he would just give me the inside scoop on Jay Cutler I would be happy to talk about the movie. So we satiated each other's inquiries and just had a great day. Desmond was new to golf and hit the ball a TON! but rarely straight. Just a super nice guy, his love for the game was obvious and it was one of my favorite rounds on golf course. 

HAH! Love this. (FWIW, getting paired up with randos is one of my favorite things about golfing.)

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

Calling @BIG STU.  This thread is made for you.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

• GolfSpy SAM changed the title to Tell Us Your Best Golf Story

Not the funniest, but we found it funny at the time.

First time playing with this guy and my friend.. Didn't really know what to expect other than my fried said he was decent. 

We get to 17 and it's been raining and the wind is starting to really come down. We are literally the only ones on the course at this time. 

So we tee off on 17 and it's a severely sloped left to right. The hole is essentially on the side of a big hill. He pulls his drive massively and having never played there we ask if it's okay and he says no way. Plays a provisional and goes the other way. Ends up on 13th fairway or something and has to go up about 130 foot slope to get to the green. He makes a 7 or something and is twisted. So we go to 18  a par 3 and it's beside the range. Where we see a couple balls around the green from the tee. 

We all hit and as we walk up there is one very close to the pin. Tap in range but none of us were that close. Figuring it's just a range ball we walk up to kick it away and turns out it was his first tee shot on 17. It had gone about 425. Over the freaking mountain, over the 10th green, somehow missed a little creek and some trees and ended up there. 

We got a good laugh at it and we're amazed at how far it had gone

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

8 minutes ago, sixcat said:

In 2004, I was playing golf with some guys I didn't know well. They invited me to their club (Great Oaks in Floyd, VA), which was memorable to say the least. Playing #14, a military jet flying just above treetop height passed directly overhead. The plane was in obvious distress. Dark gray/black smoke billowing out of sputtering engines. Shortly after passing overhead, we could see two people eject from the plane and parachutes deploy. A few seconds later, we could hear the crash followed by a huge plume of fire and smoke rising over the tree canopy. 

https://www.hmpgloballearningnetwork.com/site/emsworld/news/10341287/f-15-crashes-virginia-two-pilots-unhurt

Two years later, I was playing my home club for the first time as a guest. The head pro and a couple of longtime members were showing me around as I was prepared to purchase my stock and become a member. Again, a low flying military plane tops over the ridge from behind. That sudden jolt of noise and ground rumbling beneath your feet is off-putting to say the least. A guy in the group ahead of us fell to the ground on the 14th green clutching his chest. The sudden scare had given him a heart attack. He didn't survive. 

In 2017, my daughter and I were just beginning our day together playing the 1st hole of my home club when a helicopter landed on the 1st green as we are standing in the 1st fairway. The EMT's leap from the chopper with backboard in hand, load up a guy on the 2nd tee box, and lift off. He had suffered a heart attack a few weeks prior. Against doctors recommendation, he was back on the golf course, smoking and drinking as if nothing had happened. He didn't survive the second heart attack. 

I have an issue with aircraft on the golf course!!!

Holy hell! You're an action star!

Also, this quote legit made me laugh out loud, as I've never seen a more stereotypical-Southern thing in print:  "``I looked up at it and, `Shew!' A shiny piece of metal flew off. It looked like the wing. And he just flew straight up, and I saw this big huge fire come off the top of the jet,'' Taylor said."

"Shew!" is going to be my word of the day. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

15 minutes ago, David Leighton Reid said:

My father didn't start playing golf until he retired and we enjoyed several rounds of golf together before he died.  During one round, on a par 3, my father's tee ball went into some trees right of the green and completely out of sight from the green.  His second shot ricocheted off several tree limbs and came to rest just off the green.  Since he couldn't see me, I picked up his ball and placed it right next to the hole and congratulated him on a great shot.  He was so excited, I didn't have the heart to confess what I had done.  For several years, up until his death, he loved telling the story of the impossible shot.   

Oh, I really love this. Thanks for sharing!

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Holy hell! You're an action star!

Also, this quote legit made me laugh out loud, as I've never seen a more stereotypical-Southern thing in print:  "``I looked up at it and, `Shew!' A shiny piece of metal flew off. It looked like the wing. And he just flew straight up, and I saw this big huge fire come off the top of the jet,'' Taylor said."

"Shew!" is going to be my word of the day. 

I wouldn't say I'm an action star. Maybe an inaction star. I didn't do anything but witness this stuff. The county the plane crashed in is two counties over from where I live and one county over from where I was playing that day. For reference, it's the same county the events leading to the movie "Lawless" came from.

It's common for the military to fly training missions all over the mountains of southwest Virginia. Some of the ridge-lines can be several hundred feet high, as is the case with the beginning section of the back side of my home club. Planes coming over the top of that ridge-line will scare the hell out of you. You cannot hear them coming. They come over the mountain right overhead, and you feel like the world is caving in around you.

My first year playing golf was during the end of my military career at Fort Leavenworth where I was author for the Army Captain Career Course Common Core phase exercises.  I was learning to play golf on the Post's Trails West Golf Course after only a few lessons and doing a fantastic job slicing the ball especially with tee shots, better than a Ginsu can slice butter. 

Fact:  in my 4 months playing Trails West, the only club in my bag that I didn't end up hitting a tree with the ball was my putter.

One afternoon I was playing alone and had just finished playing the 2nd fairway and green.  The grounds crew was following me at a distance and a tractor mower that looked like a combine harvester was trimming the fairway at some distance yet from the 2nd green.

The 2nd and 3rd fairways are parallel with a good stand of mature trees between them and the 3rd tee box is next to the 2nd green.  There was no rush, no golfer following me and I was enjoying life! 

I teed up on the 3rd tee box and took a mighty swing.  It had a rising path that started to curve to the right in an amazing arc up high and over the trees only to head straight for the 2nd fairway.  It landed in the middle of the 2nd fairway, just in front of the mower, took one hop, and disappeared into the whirling blades.  

That moment is etched permanently in my mind thusly; if only the shot was intentional, from a par 3 tee box, and instead of a mower blade it was the flagstick in the cup.  

Derek 🖌️ Verified Hack, ~21 handicap 🙂  Golf for exercise and peace of mind.  ⛳

|> Big Dogs: First Strike Rattlesnake (10)TeelessTM (13), Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  

|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 

|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:

⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  

💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder

295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor     1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes :Inesis:

2022 Official Tester - L.A.B.Putters 1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg  ⛳ 2023 Official Tester - Red Rooster Sussex Golf Glove  :redrooster:

2023 Official Tester - Lean Lock Putter LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg

It's all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest! ⛳

Some years ago I hit a woman. I pushed a shot on a par 3 that hit a tree, and I lost sight of it as it deflected 40 yards sideways, and went into a group that was not even visible from my tee. I felt terrible. Not long after I was playing a solo early morning round, and on the 9th pushed a tee shot that landed behind some trees near the 18th tee. Since there was nobody on the course in front of me I wasn't thinking anything about someone being there. I walk up and there's a woman standing next to her mower holding my ball. My heart absolutely sunk so low in my chest, and I was mortified! To my great relief, she apologizes to me! Apparently my ball landed in front of the mower, and she couldn't stop in time, and went right over it. She told me to check in at the pro shop and they'd replace it, but I was so shook up that I packed up and left after finishing the 9th.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

13 minutes ago, Siamese Moose said:

Some years ago I hit a woman. I pushed a shot on a par 3 that hit a tree, and I lost sight of it as it deflected 40 yards sideways, and went into a group that was not even visible from my tee. I felt terrible. Not long after I was playing a solo early morning round, and on the 9th pushed a tee shot that landed behind some trees near the 18th tee. Since there was nobody on the course in front of me I wasn't thinking anything about someone being there. I walk up and there's a woman standing next to her mower holding my ball. My heart absolutely sunk so low in my chest, and I was mortified! To my great relief, she apologizes to me! Apparently my ball landed in front of the mower, and she couldn't stop in time, and went right over it. She told me to check in at the pro shop and they'd replace it, but I was so shook up that I packed up and left after finishing the 9th.

Quick Shyamalan-esque follow-up: was it the SAME woman? Was she dead? Did you got to the pro shop the next time you were there and they told you they didn't HAVE a woman who mows the grounds?!? 

image.png

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

Well,

I have 2 stories! When I was 12 I believe, maybe 11 I was just getting into golf. I had a membership at my local course and id play everyday after school. When you come off 9, there used to be a Petro-Can gas station and we'd stop and get those "sandwiches" you throw in the microwave. So anyway I woof it down with a Slurpee and go to 10. Round the horn onto 18 tee and I have to poop like no other. 18 is a 440ish Par 4 and I'm walking the course, then another 200ish yards to the men's locker room. I played that hole with the speed of flash himself and I got to like 15' from the bathroom and start saying "ok I'm good" all to have my body release mere feet from the toilet. So I went home with no underwear, a brown spot on my shorts which found their way to the garbage, and had to tell my dad I sat in mud hahaha.

Fast forward a couple years and I'm in the practice bunker trying to get better at bunker saves. The practice green/bunker area was beside the 9th green. So here I am getting some shots out with not so much success  and my one buddy suggests I open my face a bit, so I do and I skull a rocket off the sole of the club and man I'd swear Big Pappi hit a line drive at the pitcher. I couldn't see the ball move, but I did see the elderly guy it smoked in the left temple. It dropped him like a sack of bricks, he's bleeding everywhere, and gets rushed to the hospital. I unfortunately tell everyone to clear out in front of my bunker shots to this day hahaha. That practice green is no longer there.....

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

42 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

Well,

I have 2 stories! When I was 12 I believe, maybe 11 I was just getting into golf. I had a membership at my local course and id play everyday after school. When you come off 9, there used to be a Petro-Can gas station and we'd stop and get those "sandwiches" you throw in the microwave. So anyway I woof it down with a Slurpee and go to 10. Round the horn onto 18 tee and I have to poop like no other. 18 is a 440ish Par 4 and I'm walking the course, then another 200ish yards to the men's locker room. I played that hole with the speed of flash himself and I got to like 15' from the bathroom and start saying "ok I'm good" all to have my body release mere feet from the toilet. So I went home with no underwear, a brown spot on my shorts which found their way to the garbage, and had to tell my dad I sat in mud hahaha.

Fast forward a couple years and I'm in the practice bunker trying to get better at bunker saves. The practice green/bunker area was beside the 9th green. So here I am getting some shots out with not so much success  and my one buddy suggests I open my face a bit, so I do and I skull a rocket off the sole of the club and man I'd swear Big Pappi hit a line drive at the pitcher. I couldn't see the ball move, but I did see the elderly guy it smoked in the left temple. It dropped him like a sack of bricks, he's bleeding everywhere, and gets rushed to the hospital. I unfortunately tell everyone to clear out in front of my bunker shots to this day hahaha. That practice green is no longer there.....

Good lord. I may not wanna play with you after these two stories, lol, you pants-pooping elder-abuser. 

Awesome stuff - thanks for sharing!

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

Playing in a golf tournament put on by a customer. One of my team members was an older gentleman getting ready to retire. He did enjoy his beer, so you know where this is going. Later on in the round while standing on the tee box he had the urge to expel some gas. Unfortunately, there was some other matter coming along for the ride. Within a second or two a brown spot emerged through his white shorts in a perfect circle. But due to the amount of consumption he never knew. So for the last few holes he earned the nickname spot. It started with can you spot you ball on the green and it took off from there. Fast forward to the bar. everyone started calling him spot. Finally, one of his friends from the company noticed and told him. It was funnier than shirt! Once he realized what happened and when he did it and how long before he found out.      

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

6 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

.My pro said, Tim, I would like you to meet Mr. Evel Knievel.  

At the end of 9, they shook my hand, retired to the bar to settle all their bets, and I walked home on a cloud.  

Love it. Honestly, it could only be bettered by having it end with EK driving his cart off a ramp, jumping it over another cart, crash-landing (but he's fine - don't want any injuries), and then walking away into the sunset. 

With a big brown spot on his pants, obviously. I mean, come on - that's clearly the theme of this thread. 😜

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

1 hour ago, hoppman said:

Guys golf trip to Scotland for 150th Open Championship.

Amazing trip - thanks for sharing!! (Glad he finally got his crappy, non-hole-in-one-making clubs back...)

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

Couple years ago, we had a Saturday Men's Group, about 30 guys. We had the first tee times starting at 7am to 8am. First group goes out as 4 some, I was in 2nd group. When 1st group gets to 4th tee - a 390 yd par 4 with a hard dogleg to right, things got interesting. Traditional & safe play for 4th hole was straight down fairway near the 150 yd range and wide open shot to green or one could be aggressive & cut corner leaving anywhere from 75 to 120 yd shot.

I'll call the guy Joe.  Joe (man in 50's) is teeing off on 4th hole and decides to be aggressive and cut the corner over woods & houses on right side. Tee box is about 50yds left of OB with houses lining the other side of rough. Backyards provide more of a buffer.  Many of the house don't come into play, at least that's what we've thought for 25 yrs. 
Joe is ready to tee off, with the intent to cut the corner. He's hitting driver, swings, makes contact and the ball goes dead right. Not a fade not a slice, ball goes dead right off the club.  There's a 2 story house in the direction ball traveled, about on a 60 -70 degree angle, from the tee box. Ball goes directly through a second story window.  We are standing on the 3rd green and hear the glass break & look over to the 4th tee box, across the lake, at 4 guys just standing on the tee box facing the houses. We can't really tell. 

The other three of his partners gained their composure & teed off. Then Joe being the gentleman he is, walks down to the yard of the two story. (The other three were laughing too hard to walk with him 🤣) Joe was going to walk around the house to front door. Well he didn't have to, because the owner of the house, a lady in her 70's & in a bathrobe, comes walking out of the house & walks towards Joe (by now my group has driven up - his 2 playing partners are crying from laughing and can't tell us what happened).  The lady is walking towards Joe, holding a golf ball in her hand and is yelling "Who hit this ball".  
Joe: I did maam, are you ok? 
Lady replies: You must be the worst F@(king golfer ever! 
  6 guys behind him are now laughing out loud after she uttered: you must be the worst F@)king golfer ever. 🤣🤣
Joe:  Yes maam, it wasn't a very good shot. 
Lady replies: You woke me up and ball almost hit me in bed! Well you're paying for my F@(king Window & you're not getting the ball back! 
Joe: I planned on paying for the window.
Then without missing a beat Joe goes: Listen I have to finish my round, so I'll be back, here is my business card, my phone number and $50, I'll be back in a couple of hours.
Lady just stares at him, then smiled. You better be back!
We erupted with laughter once again. 🤣

Joe did go back after the round and they had a good laugh. She even made him a cup of coffee 🤣. She turned out to be a nice lady and thanked him for having the window replaced.  She knew he didn't have to do that, he did feel bad.  Needless to say Joe didn't win any money that morning either. 🤣

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Not really a funny story (and no one, as far as I know, sharted 😝 during it) but my first encounter with a golf celebrity...

One day during my first season golfing .. actually started out trying to catch waves off the south shore of Long Island .. which turned out to be disappointing, and then the wind switched to make the conditions even worse .. buddy (who got me started golfing) says let's go hit golf balls at the range .. get hung up in traffic trying to get back to the north shore .. finally pull into the parking lot, which is full, find one spot .. open the back to get my clubs out...

.. some tall guy in a hat walks by, see the surfboards and says something like, "hmm that's the wrong equipment for here" .. and I'm all grumpy and grouchy and just kinda grumble not really responding...

.. sometime later reading a golf mag I recognize that tall guy as David Leadbetter....🤦‍♂️

PS: so David if you ever happen to read this, I apologize for being rude!

PPS: the following summer ended up attending a 3 Day Leadbetter clinic 😄

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

When we were younger there was a little par 3 course my dad and I went to called Lakers. I'll go into the other story with this sometime later, but I took some friends there for my birthday and had a friend shoot a respectable score while only using a putter. Don't remember what it was, but we got a big laugh about it ... he cleared and landed on the island green and made a par, but sadly he also did hit a house top across a creek. Oh to be young and stupid!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I spent my working life in southern California.  I had a foursome of friends from work and we played regularly all over San Diego and Riverside County.  One of our players was a very self-taught player who maintained his fluidity usually by regular consumption of beer throughout the round.  He hit a wide variety of shots that, surprisingly, often found their way to the target.  One morning we were playing Oak Valley near Beaumont.  My friend steps to the tee on a par 4 and swings away.  I didn't know it was possible to come into the ball that steep with a driver but he did and impact sent the ball straight up in the air, spinning backward.  The ball landed several feet behind him and rolled off into the bushes at the back of the tee.  In the meantime, he is standing on the tee looking down the fairway asking if anybody saw the ball land.  We told him it was going to be a long second shot when we turned him around and pointed out the ball's resting place.  To his credit he also made one of the most unbelievable aces during another round with a tee shot that started 20 yards left of the green, made a big bend back to the right, landed on the back left side of the green and rode the slope all the way down to the hole.

Callaway Driver, 4 and 7 fairways.  Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-LW.  A friend told me my swing is as smooth as Tennessee Whiskey.  If so, I often think it may have come out of the barrel to soon.

On 1/27/2023 at 9:45 AM, TylorJudd said:

Well,

My god. We had a place off the 6th green at the 9th hole crap place I grew up at. I felt the same urge. Dropped in my pants as I entered the store and went to the bathroom to finish. left my underwear there, only to go back in every day like normal that summer and pretend nothing happened, however, they knew.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

I played at a crap public course as a kid. I worked there and would take my paycheck and go play a couple other local courses when I could. one day I played the 9 hole course of a 27 hole muni then next town over. on the 6th or 7 hole, a twosome said I could join them. It was some guy named Dean and some other dude. I looked at their clubs. Dean was a short guy. Big cigar. Had the early to mid 90's callaways and big black leather golf bag. He looked familiar, but I couldn't place where I had seen him before. They asked if I wanted to play 9 more and broke me said I couldn't. I only.

Bothered me as to why I couldn't place the guy, until I saw him starring in a little TV movie, the Langoliers that was filmed in the town where the muni course was, since some famous horror writer lived there. I always wished I had another 10 bucks to play a few more holes.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

Back in the early days of my golfing experience I went on a boy's trip to Myrtle Beach. We were playing Long Bay. I don't remember what hole it was but I'm on the tee box, line up my intended direction and then take a mighty lash at the ball. The ball goes perfectly straight but only a few feet off the ground. About twenty or thirty yards ahead are the women's tees which were slightly elevated. I hit the tee marker on the lady's tee box straight on. All in an instant my tee lands in my hat. The tee marker goes about 10 feet in the air spinning end over end and lands back on the tee box with the stake sticking back in the ground. Hey where did the ball go, I asked. A second later we hear a thud and the ball landed 5 feet behind me but still in the tee box.  A million to one shot if you include the tee landing in my hat. It was one of those straw type golf hats with a red band around it.  My buddies were laughing pretty hard about that. Of course, the beer consumption added to the humor.    

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag