Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What's Your Go To Hat?

GolfSpy_APH

any type of bucket hat that covers the ears. Having Basel cell removed from one ear and pre Basel on the other, I made a HUGE mistake wearing ball caps my entire life. I've worn hats since childhood out here in the country, when I should have worn the farmers hat that covers the ears. My bestie has 1/5 of his left ear missing due to same. It's no joke, and the sun is MORE damaging today than 50 years ago. I also basically lived outdoors, so time exposure does figure into it, but take a word of caution.

Tips of my ears will burn in an instant so if UV Index is going to hit 5 during a round, then I wear a hat with a brim.  Usually a Field & Stream or Columbia from the fishing section at Dick's Sporting Goods.  Otherwise, depengin on the temperature, whatever baseball cap or knit beanie I have at hand.  My wife will attest that utility beats fashion in everything I wear on or off the course.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

My son who is an avid outdoors man bought me an Outdoor Research cap with flaps which provides warmth and sun shade when I play on frosty winter days

Ping G9 irons,  Taylor Made Slider driver , Titleist , Callaway and Taylor Made Hybrids and a Nile IC putter

This is my go to bucket right now

Screenshot_20230320-062037_Chrome.jpg

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

On 1/27/2023 at 11:20 AM, revkev said:

CD9CEB70-6652-47E4-8E91-6149524AFD80.jpeg.4f501978c3e15b914a7ff7adcce8d17a.jpegD221F2B0-487D-4D1A-9E31-2C8B0082954C.jpeg.d3cd766b66709ea61b59b83bcf457948.jpegA gift from my son. He got to give away a hat at the end of each one of his under ways. I got the first one. 

Tell him there's only 2 kinds of vessels in the Navy, submarines and targets. From an old sub vet 83-92

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

Never a baseball cap. Never ever. They do almost nothing, lack style and sophistication and look bad.  Currently gaming an Arc'teryx bucket hat. 

Settled clubs: Epon 50/8, 45/6, 40/5, 35/4, 30/4, 26/3 all with Zelos 8 stiff, 1/2 degree flat. Mizuno CLK Hybrid 20 degrees. Putter: 37" rife.h Hbore xl 2wood (the unicorn)--16 degrees, 420 cc? 

Not settled: 54/10 Vokey 

Not settle: 12 degree Mizuno stx 12* set to 11.

1 minute ago, Andrew75 said:

Never a baseball cap. Never ever. They do almost nothing, lack style and sophistication and look bad.  Currently gaming an Arc'teryx bucket hat. 

You may be the king of hot takes. Not in a bad way either! You've come out with some that are certain to bring on the conversation. 

What do you think about visors? 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

What do you think about visors? 

They looked good on Victor Dubuisson. 

Settled clubs: Epon 50/8, 45/6, 40/5, 35/4, 30/4, 26/3 all with Zelos 8 stiff, 1/2 degree flat. Mizuno CLK Hybrid 20 degrees. Putter: 37" rife.h Hbore xl 2wood (the unicorn)--16 degrees, 420 cc? 

One for every occasion 😜

The black Raven GC is my fave though. Reppin AZ murdered out style

20230320_075750.jpg.460355222edceb79b14ae19573fd78dc.jpg

20230320_075756.jpg.5f7bb6804e69cd198bbf66992f3c27e7.jpg

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

9 minutes ago, Andrew75 said:

I'm genuinely trying to decide if this is satire or not lol. I am also not knocking your view as everyone has their own. But I have to ask that if a baseball cap lacks sophistication, how does a bucket hat not? 

Again, I am not knocking you in any way, but I just don't see it lol.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Me, having an issue with getting the right size, I have to stick with the tried and true and depends on the season.  My go to in the spring and fall in the Titleist Sport Mesh because I can get the XL/XXL in the standard colors I like.  I can pick most colors I need to go with my FJ apparel, but usually stick with the basic black/white, white/navy, white/grey, white/black.  White with black lettering is my go to.  I can order the Tour Preferred or Tour Elite which comes in a size 8 but prefer the Mesh.  Only two that really fit my head properly  In the summer when it is hot/humid and the sun is beating down on us along the coast line, I wear the Titleist Charleston and Tour Aussies.  Have been wearing the Aussie hats for years, have kept my skin cancer free and when I go to see my dermatologist in November she is always happy.  White is a good reflector of the sunlight and yes it gets dirty.  A little Shout and a toothbrush, put it in the top of the dishwasher and it comes out nice and clean.  Must have at least four dozen Titleist caps/hats/visors in my rotation including their StaDry rain cap with Pinehurst Logo.  Will pick up one at a course every now and then, if it is cool and fits in my need for a color.  Plaid visor from Hilton Head Heritage, i.e.     

image.png.3cf3e3fddabb617aafb88c7457101c7b.pngimage.png.d564ad5fd76530580d9a6f9bd5d20008.png image.png.990ae9ec617c671c79161a2f2dd87270.png  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

So, as people on the Queenstown trip last year know, I love my Aussie Chiller hat. This year though I've sprung for a GPS device that you can clip onto the brim of a hat, so I'm back looking at caps again... unless I can get it on the belt loop or back pocket. I always feel weird about branded caps though, so it's proving to be a bit tricky. My guess is that we'll find something eventually.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

12 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

I'm genuinely trying to decide if this is satire or not lol. I am also not knocking your view as everyone has their own. But I have to ask that if a baseball cap lacks sophistication, how does a bucket hat not? 

Arc'teryx makes things light, packable waterproof and well. I use Arc'teryx for cold weather beanie, rain jacket, and golf hat. I'm 62 and carry my own clubs and have little patience with extraneous, inefficient and poorly made items.

The hat in question weighs 1.7 ounces, is gortex, breathable, offers great uv protection and packs down to the size of my thumb. It also looks decent and doesn't crumple badly. Arc'teryx is an amazing company. https://arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/bucket-hat

1 minute ago, Andrew75 said:

Arc'teryx makes things light, packable waterproof and well. I use Arc'teryx for cold weather beanie, rain jacket, and golf hat. I'm 62 and carry my own clubs and have little patience with extraneous, inefficient and poorly made items.

The hat in question weighs 1.7 ounces, is gortex, breathable, offers great uv protection and packs down to the size of my thumb. It also looks decent and doesn't crumple badly. Arc'teryx is an amazing company. https://arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/bucket-hat

You're telling me that this has more style than a baseball cap.....?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

9 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Agreed.. know your audience friend 😜 isn't a baseball cap more/less considered a general part of a golfer's attire?

I mean, a bucket hat doesn't necessarily scream high class to me either.. but they're definitely cool. 

3504.jpg.e3705099e927a3228c10a4dbf4dc3f80.jpg

I'm sure if you called Joel Dahmen hoity-toity he'd punch you in the nose

rsw_1209h_605cg_true.jpeg.01a2ac277d66bf3f7add16d87c7eaea7.jpeg

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

15 minutes ago, Andrew75 said:

Whatever works best for everyone, no doubt!

I only buy hats that are performance material and lightweight, and have not run into poorly made or inefficient products from TM, Titliest, etc. Also most of those hats are 30+ UPF or better anymore, the Tour Rope hat I just picked up yesterday is 50+ UPF. I can also pick up 4 of the Tour Rope hats for the price of one of the Arc'teryx hats you linked. Your standard cotton ball cap that doesn't wick sweat and doesn't breathe well doesn't work the best IMO, so not all ball caps can be classified into one category. The same can be said for bucket hats.

I'm not worried about needing to pack my hat down on the course, so that is a mute point in my book. For other applications, though, I definitely know how packable gear comes in handy as I pack in layers when bowhunting in the fall and winter. 

#LeftyGang

18 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

You're telling me that this has more style than a baseball cap.....?

Absolutely, yes. By miles. 

30 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Going to go stick my head in a bucket and pretend I did not hear that comment about the baseball style caps.  Granddaddy use to tell me that a lot when I was growing up on the farm when I said something off the wall.  But not repeat what else he said to me.  He was my mentor and a very smart man.  Anyhow to each his own.  Guess the guys on tour can't be wrong.  I have a FJ bucket rain hat that I keep in my bag in case of inclement weather.  Folds up nicely out of my way and every hat has it's place.  They make good hunting hats, I have one camo and one orange, but do not think they would look very sophisticated on the golf course, maybe at a $10 a round muni that is not very well maintained.  Just sayin'.  Hakuna matata.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

25 minutes ago, Andrew75 said:

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

2 minutes ago, ChuckZ said:

Going to go stick my head in a bucket and pretend I did not hear that comment about the baseball style caps.  Granddaddy use to tell me that a lot when I was growing up on the farm when I said something off the wall.  But not repeat what else he said to me.  He was my mentor and a very smart man.  Anyhow to each his own.  Guess the guys on tour can't be wrong.  I have a FJ bucket rain hat that I keep in my bag in case of inclement weather.  Folds up nicely out of my way and every hat has it's place.  They make good hunting hats, I have one camo and one orange, but do not think they would look very sophisticated on the golf course, maybe at a $10 a round muni that is not very well maintained.  Just sayin'.  Hakuna matata.  

I think that bucket style caps are 100% applicable in certain instances, and if that is someone's preferred style of that who am I to tell them that it's wrong? I'm more a fan of ball caps and grew up wearing one almost daily, still do to this day.

Titleist makes a wide brimmed hat that I think looks really sharp, the Charleston Aussie, I've just never felt the need to own one. To me, the floppy brimmed style bucket hats would become a distraction in my peripheral vision, but I could be completely wrong as I never have actually owned one. 

#LeftyGang

Live Lucky hats are my favorite!

I Play in SW WA and in the PDX area

I like to walk, I have a Clicgear with all the accoutrements and I am considering getting a V2.

12 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

not worried about needing to pack my hat down on the course, so that is a mute point in my book. For other applications, though, I definitely know how packable gear comes in handy as I pack in layers when bowhunting in the fall and winter. 

I'm of Swiss ancestry. Play tournament golf at a 4 handicap and most often carry.  Plenty of mountain climbers in the family. I treat my golf accouterments like a serious mountain climber. Everything packs down or it doesn't go. Use 11 clubs, with the gap wedge doing double service as a cane. The bag is sun mountain 2.5 though I'm aware Honma has released a lighter one. 6 golf balls max. I often play in inclement weather, so gortex is a must. 

11 minutes ago, ChuckZ said:

They scream "I'm a loud ignorant American" or a conformist. Why wear a hat at all if itta baseball cap. I confess I have a Loro Piana cashmere made in Italy baseball cap, but it's for out on the town. 

2 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

I think that bucket style caps are 100% applicable in certain instances, and if that is someone's preferred style of that who am I to tell them that it's wrong? I'm more a fan of ball caps and grew up wearing one almost daily, still do to this day.

Titleist makes a wide brimmed hat that I think looks really sharp, the Charleston Aussie, I've just never felt the need to own one. To me, the floppy brimmed style bucket hats would become a distraction in my peripheral vision, but I could be completely wrong as I never have actually owned one. 

This is where I have a problem with the broad category of "bucket hat" because (until now) I never thought I had seen a hat that looked like a bucket to earn the moniker.  Now I have seen a real bucket hat.

People call my broad brim hat a bucket hat and that grinds my gears.  It is like calling a T-Top Trans Am a convertible.  Two completely different genre thrown into one category, might as well call all golfers who have money in the game Pros.

Derek 🖌️ Verified Hack, ~21 handicap 🙂  Golf for exercise and peace of mind.  ⛳

|> Big Dogs: First Strike Rattlesnake (10)TeelessTM (13), Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  

|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 

|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:

⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  

💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder

295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor     1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes :Inesis:

2022 Official Tester - L.A.B.Putters 1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg  ⛳ 2023 Official Tester - Red Rooster Sussex Golf Glove  :redrooster:

2023 Official Tester - Lean Lock Putter LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg

It's all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest! ⛳

4 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

... I know they get lumped together but I think a small brimmed "bucket" hat is different than a larger brimmed "boonie" hat. I bought quite a few softer brimmed boonies and in wind they are a problem. But the harder brimmed boonies with a draw string (like in my avatar) do not change shape in the wind. They can work like a sail in high winds but tightening the chin strap keeps it on your head. They are no different than baseball caps for peripheral vision and I never notice my brim when playing, something I also thought might be a problem. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x