TESTERS WANTED! ×

2023 Titleist ProV1 First Impression

GolfSpy_APH

Screenshot_2023-01-18-15-46-46-24_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

We have had some member test the white box and provide some excellent reviews here: Member Review, but be sure to check out the MGS Blog link and let us know what you think of this release!       https://mygolfspy.com/titleist-pro-v1-and-pro-v1x-golf-balls-2023/

The 2023 Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x - the next generation of the most trusted golf balls in the game - set another standard for tee-to-green performance and consistency through advanced core technologies validated by the best players in the world.  

Available in golf shops beginning Jan. 25, new Pro V1 and Pro V1x are engineered with high-gradient core designs that deliver lower long game spin for increased distance and a more consistent flight – helping golfers hit the ball longer and straighter while maintaining the Drop-and-Stop greenside control that Pro V1 and Pro V1x players rely on to play their best.

2023 Pro V1 and Pro V1x hero.jpg

The new high-gradient constructions feature progressive firmness levels that lower long game spin without sacrificing short game spin. High-gradient core technology, combined with the continued advancement of Titleist's unparalleled manufacturing process, produces more consistent spin and speed performance for even tighter dispersion.

“We’re looking for consistency in every element of golf ball construction, from the aerodynamics down to the core,” said Mike Madson, Senior Director Golf Ball Research and Engineering. “We always want the ball flying in the same window regardless of how it’s oriented, and we want the ball to produce consistent launch, spin, and speed on every shot. Consistency means when a golfer tees up a Pro V1 or Pro V1x, every properly executed shot they make is going to deliver the performance they expect and the performance they trust.”

Along with these key innovations, Pro V1 and Pro V1x both remain true to their unique play styles: Pro V1 offers the best combination of distance, spin, and feel in the game and delivers a penetrating ball flight. Pro V1x is engineered to fly higher and spin more with irons and in the short game, while still offering low spin on longer shots to maximize distance.

“For a Titleist golf ball to be new, it must be better,” said Frederick Waddell, Director of Golf Ball Product Management. “For us to call it a new Pro V1, it needs to be demonstrably better than the prior generation. We go through a rigorous testing and validation process to ensure the performance improvements developed by our world-class R&D team are recognized by the golfer when they put it in play and experience the product.”

2023 Pro V1 and Pro V1x Technology: The most advanced iterations of the Pro V1 and Pro V1x yet, both golf balls feature significant innovations to improve on-course performance, including:

•            New High Gradient Core Design: An all-new, reimagined core in the new Pro V1 and the dual core Pro V1x are built to be firmer on the outside and progressively softer on the inside, which promotes fast speeds and low long game spin. The new cores take inspiration from popular CPOs (Custom Performance Options) - Pro V1 Left Dot and Pro V1x Left Dash - both of which feature high gradient cores and are the choice of several players on professional tours. 

•            New Dual-Core Dimension: There has been a change in the 2023 Pro V1x dual core design, with the inner core increasing center volume by 44%, from 1” to 1.13” in size. This works in concert with the high gradient, as the larger and softer center helps to drive down long game spin and increase stability through the air. 

•            Speed Amplifying High-Flex Casing Layer: Casing layers on both the Pro V1 and Pro V1x interact with the high gradient cores to further neutralize excess spin while combining with the soft cast urethane cover to provide unparalleled greenside spin and control.  

•            Cast Thermoset Urethane Cover:  The urethane covers on the Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls utilize a proprietary thermoset process. Two separate components are mixed, and the liquid urethane is cast into Titleist-manufactured cavities which form the appropriate dimple pattern into the cover. The precise timing of the curing process and temperature are integral to the consistency of the urethane and the performance the golfer experiences on the course. 

•            Spherically-tiled Tetrahedral Dimple Designs: With a 388-dimple design on the Pro V1 and a 348-dimple design on Pro V1x, both golf balls have optimized aerodynamics to fly consistent and far. The Pro V1x’s dimple pattern allows the ball to launch and fly in a slightly higher window than the Pro V1.  

TOUR VALIDATION:

Choosing Between Pro V1 and Pro V1x: Pro V1 is the best ball for players seeking very low long game spin, more distance, penetrating and consistent flight, and Drop-and-Stop greenside control, all of which complements Pro V1’s very soft feel. Pro V1x is the best choice for golfers seeking higher flight and more spin, with a slightly firmer feel compared to Pro V1.  

Colors and Play Numbers: White golf balls are available with play numbers 1-4, 5-8, and all the same play numbers 00 or 1-99. High optic yellow golf balls are available with play numbers 1-4.  

Availability and Price: The new 2023 Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls will be available in golf shops globally beginning Jan. 25, 2023. Available in white (play numbers 1-4, 5-8 and all the same play numbers 00 or 1-99) and high optic yellow (play numbers 1-4). MAP: $54.99.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

After reading the reviews and knowing how these will probably perform I'm intrigued... but there's one barrier, and I'm sure it's the barrier everyone else sees. $55 a box. No bueno.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

11 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

After reading the reviews and knowing how these will probably perform I'm intrigued... but there's one barrier, and I'm sure it's the barrier everyone else sees. $55 a box. No bueno.

That barrier is becoming the norm all over golf. I think this will only make things better for the DTC brands and the value offerings, like the 0211 family from PXG. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Was at Walmart yesterday and noticed they raised the price by a couple bucks on all their balls below the top tier ones, including the Vice balls.  Wonder when it will trickle down to the lower tier and bargain balls.  

I don't expect pricing to remain at the same point forever, but there's still a bit of sticker shock whenever it changes.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

4 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Was at Walmart yesterday and noticed they raised the price by a couple bucks on all their balls below the top tier ones, including the Vice balls.  Wonder when it will trickle down to the lower tier and bargain balls.  

I don't expect pricing to remain at the same point forever, but there's still a bit of sticker shock whenever it changes.

I was a bit confused when I saw the change happen with TM's 2021 rollout, and now seeing this from Titleist is really probably going to push me into either the DTC space or some other brand even though those were near the top of the list.

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

1 hour ago, Berg Ryman said:

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

That barrier is becoming the norm all over golf. I think this will only make things better for the DTC brands and the value offerings, like the 0211 family from PXG. 

That's funny, but you're entitled to your view.

I expected an increase, and $5/dozen for Titleist flagship balls seems very reasonable after almost every other brand ball has gone up, along with almost every other product or service! As for DTC, Snell MTB's went up a lot more (if you can even get them), sad to say as I used to play them exclusively. Now I play MaxFli Tours 75% of the time, and Pro V1's 25% of the time - that's how I deal with the price of Pro V1's. There is no better ball...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

1 minute ago, Middler said:

That's funny, but you're entitled to your view.

I expected an increase, and $5/dozen for Titleist flagship balls seems very reasonable after almost every other brand ball has gone up. As for DTC, Snell went up a lot more, sad to say as I used to play them exclusively. Now I play MaxFli Tours 75% of the time, and Pro V1's 25% of the time - that's how I deal with the price of Pro V1's.

Middler, you're 100% right and undoubtedly this as a marginal increase isn't made if you're a buy as you go type with golf ball dozens as it's not something you're likely to consider jarring as a one time deal. But for someone like more who is more a buy for the year or 18 months, it does drive the value of the DTC bulk purchase into a better space.

I mean, using Snell as an example since you mentioned them, I can get the value pack of MTB-X for 165 shipped or spend that on 3 dozen V1X and I like both balls but I know where I might spend that coin. Heck I get emails daily about logo overruns from golfballs.com pushing me to nab balls from Bridgestone I love for $35 or even $30 a dozen in older model B XS. There are alternatives there and no doubt we budget conscious will find them.

It'll be interesting to see if this has a dent in the ball space or if the script cursive Titleist will continue on, even with higher margins!

SIK Golf Flo-C

2 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Middler, you're 100% right and undoubtedly this as a marginal increase isn't made if you're a buy as you go type with golf ball dozens as it's not something you're likely to consider jarring as a one time deal. But for someone like more who is more a buy for the year or 18 months, it does drive the value of the DTC bulk purchase into a better space.

I mean, using Snell as an example since you mentioned them, I can get the value pack of MTB-X for 165 shipped or spend that on 3 dozen V1X and I like both balls but I know where I might spend that coin. Heck I get emails daily about logo overruns from golfballs.com pushing me to nab balls from Bridgestone I love for $35 or even $30 a dozen in older model B XS. There are alternatives there and no doubt we budget conscious will find them.

It'll be interesting to see if this has a dent in the ball space or if the script cursive Titleist will continue on, even with higher margins!

And I respect your opinion. But while Pro V1's have gone from $50 to $55 just now...

...I well remember buying Snell MTTB's for $25-26/dozen shipped buying 4-5 dozen at a time. Your current Snell "value" price is $33/dozen before shipping, so they’ve gone up as well.

This Holiday season we are discounting ALL MTB MODEL Golf Balls at a price of $26.99  per dozen. In even better and more exciting news, Value Packs  are currently priced at $150 FLAT and will stay at this price point until end of year, 2018. Moral of this story is, Tis' the time of year to STOCK UP ON GOLF BALLS. 

That's why I am perfectly happy playing MaxFli Tours 75% of the time (like you I buy 4 dozen at a time), and treat myself with Pro V1's 25% of the time. You do you, like all of us. 

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

2 hours ago, Middler said:

And I respect your opinion. But while Pro V1's have gone from $50 to $55 just now...

...I well remember buying Snell MTTB's for $25/dozen shipped buying 4-5 dozen at a time. Your current Snell "value" price is $41.25/dozen, seems like a lot for a foreign made ball from a company that doesn't have any advertising or endorsement costs?

That's why I am perfectly happy playing MaxFli Tours 75% of the time (like you I buy 4 dozen at a time), and treat myself with Pro V1's 25% of the time. You do you, like all of us. 

MTB-X are $34.99/dozen, $31/dozen if you buy a "value pack" of 5 dozen. 

https://www.snellgolf.com/

I like the ProV1x, but sometimes I think that Titleist charges $55/dozen just because they can.

:ping-small: G430 Max HL Max Driver

:ping-small: G430 Max HL 5- and 7-Woods

:ping-small: G430 Max  HL 4-Hybrid

:titleist-small: T300 6-GW Irons

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 52 and 58 degree Wedges

:titleist-small: Vokey SM9 56 degree Sand Wedge

:bettinardi-small: BB-8W Putter

:titleist-small: ProV1x Balls

Semper ubi, sub ubi.

9 minutes ago, Bluesman57 said:

MTB-X are $34.99/dozen, $31/dozen if you buy a "value pack" of 5 dozen. 

https://www.snellgolf.com/

I like the ProV1x, but sometimes I think that Titleist charges $55/dozen just because they can.

That’s without shipping which used to be included, another price increase. But my calc above assumed Value Packs were 4 dozen, my mistake - I will correct my post above.

And you can’t even buy MTB Blacks again, I don’t like the X. There’s been a lot of rationing and stockouts unfortunately.

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

11 minutes ago, Middler said:

That’s without shipping which used to be included, another price increase. But my calc above assumed Value Packs were 4 dozen, my mistake - I will correct my post above.

And you can’t even buy MTB Blacks again, I don’t like the X. There’s been a lot of rationing and stockouts unfortunately.

$10 shipping on the 5 dozen value pack still brings the MTB-X (I like that ball) to $33/dozen, shipped. I'm a "buy American" guy, and honestly have been looking for a reason to switch from Snell to Titleist. But no way at the cost of an extra $22/dozen!   At least not without a kiss.

Maybe there will be a sale on the "old model" Pro V's?

Semper ubi, sub ubi.

7 minutes ago, Bluesman57 said:

$10 shipping on the 5 dozen value pack still brings the MTB-X (I like that ball) to $33/dozen, shipped. I'm a "buy American" guy, and honestly have been looking for a reason to switch from Snell to Titleist. But no way at the cost of an extra $22/dozen!   At least not without a kiss.

Thanks. My mistake again…

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

1 minute ago, Middler said:

Thanks. My mistake again…

No worries.  I just wish I could justify gaming Titleist.

Semper ubi, sub ubi.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to put together a quick review after playing my first round with the new 2023 Titleist ProV1 ("23V1"). I have played the 2021 ProV1, ProV1X, 19 Left Dash, 22 Chrome Soft X LS and Snell MTB-X over the last few years. I picked up a box of 23V1's and 22 Chrome Soft X's to try out. My intent was to play about 9 holes each and get a feel for them. The weather was approximately 48 degrees with steady 20-25 mph winds with gusts close to 40. Legitimately one of the windier days of the year (and it began to drizzle some unexpectedly).

The Round:

I played from the courses "tips," which were listed around 6700 yards at sea level but seemed to play much longer (probably wind induced). I put the Chrome Soft into play first which led to a nice bogey-bogey start. With that being less than ideal, I made the switch to the new 23V1. First drive was nuked close to 300 yards. The approach was about 211 into a par 4 which was hit to twelve feet. The ball seem to hold dead straight with wind more at the back, slightly right to left. Played even golf rest of front. Switched back to the Callaway and barely parred the long par 5 (as a result of a hooked second shot). Switched back to the 23V1 and played the remainder of the holes (total 15/18 with the ProV1). Finished one over with the ball and only because I lost massive strokes to poor putting (zero practice this year). 

The Ball:

I couldn't tell in the temperature that the ball was supposed to be softer than the prior gen, so it was probably close. One change that I didn't notice was long game spin. The 23V1 is supposed to be less spinny and have lower launch than the prior gen. With all of my long approaches (6 iron+) I did not fail to hold a green. Maybe there was so wind help, but approaches were dropping and stopping as expected. This also includes a lower "wind cheating" style shots. Many were 1-3 clubs added to normal distance based on wind. I hit a 6 iron from 143 dead into the wind and stopped the ball six feet from the cup for a smooth birdie. Lower trajectory may be more noticeable than a loss in long game spin. Other than wind factor, the ball did seem to be going as long or longer than the last ball. This could be attributed to a great striking day, but I think the ball is slightly hotter.

As for the wind, with it behind the ball, it didn't seem to affect it as much as into the ball. By this I mean that I don't think the wind pushed the ball the same amount of distance as you would lose going directly into it. My 211 approach would likely have blown over the green with another ball hanging on the gust (lower spin less hang up?) with how cleanly it was hit. But overall, the 23V1 wanted to stay dead straight into the wind. It was noticeably strong eliminating a difficult day on the course. This was one of two important findings.

The next important finding was greenside spin. A couple of holes needed a green side chip or bump and run style. I don't play with a lot of spin on these shots, typically try to find a landing spot for it to roll out. Not often do I attack the ball well for a hop-skip-bite-check/die close to the hole (need to get better with these shots). Most of the time we played "winter rules" so the chips were essentially fluffed (leading to more scooping action and run out). HOWEVER, the ball wanted to check up. My playing partners notice how much bite these soft 10-20 yard chips were one hop then bite/dying. It was amazing not putting much up a "clipper" swing into the ball and getting it to bite and finesse around the pin. 

One of the playing partners decided to check out the 23V1 after seeing this 2 or 3 times and commented that cover felt like sand paper. While I don't know if I agree with that, it does feel grittier than a 19 Left Dash. This may be due to the increased number of dimples where your finger can feel the edges of more of them so it feels sharper, but it was supremely noticeable. Just slightly "more aggressive?" of a cover compared to the Left Dash which felt a little smoother and almost polished. Both are urethane, however. 

Result:

The 2023 Titleist ProV1 impressed me and gave me confidence in a small money match. It made me want to abandon my game plan of testing balls to make sure I take care of business with the best tool in my arsenal. The wind performance was the best out of any ball I've play, greenside play was great, The balls held up well including hitting a tree they placed in the middle of the fairway on a dogleg (??), and it should putt like any other ProV1. I did not address putting as I don't think my poor putting day was reflective of either balls performance, even the Chrome Soft X with the triple track didn't drop a bunch of birdies. Speed control was the biggest issue... winter greens are slow. I'm not a shill and don't work for Titleist. I even just chose a Ping club over a Titleist in my recent fitting.

Edit: I think it may be beneficial to add my driving stats as well. I am a good driver of the golf ball. Trackman has me 113-115 club head speed. Crappy negative 5 angle of attack makes me only carry 275ish. But I am very straight off the tee and its the best strokes gained part of my game. For holes using the 23 ProV1:

3 - Fairway, GIR

4 - GIR (Par 3)

5 - Fairway, GIR

6 - Fairway, GIR

7 - Fairway, GIR 

8 - Par 3 missed GIR by 3 yards (hit 4 iron dead into wind at 166....)

9 - Missed fairway by 3 yards, playable in rough, (chunked bunker approach short), up and down from throat

11 - Absolutely perfect nuke with a terrible left kick into rough, GIR

12 - Fairway, GIR

13 - Par 3 missed by 1 yard, easy up and down

14 - Drive too far into bunker, lay up (par 5), GIR from 185

15 - Fairway, GIR (missed 4 footer bird)

16 - Par 3 GIR

17 - Fairway, (slight shank short right), No up and down

18 - Found casual water in rough next to winding fairway, missed green by two feet from 200 into wind

Overall every ball in play. Either hitting fairway or immediately next to it. GIR or very close, like puttable to minimal chip. 

Edited by BombAndGouge

TaylorMade M6 10.5 (Sleeve @ 9.0) - PX HZRDUS Evenflow Black 75 (6.5) (Tipped 1in)

TaylorMade Stealth Plus Rescue 2-17 - PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX HY (6.5) (Tipped addl. .5in + .25in short)

TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue 4-22 (Sleeve @ 20.5) - PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX HY (6.5) (Tipped addl. .5in + .25in short)

2021 Callaway Apex Pro (4-PW) - DG X100

Sub70 286 Forged 50*-10 / 54*-12 (Black) - DG S400

Sub70 JB Forged 58*-06 (Black) - DG X100

Wilson Buckingham Infinite Putter - SuperStroke Traxion Claw (Cut to 33.5in)

Primary Ball: Rotation (Snell MTB-X, 2019 Left Dash, 2021 Pro-V1)

Wilson Staff Tour Bag

BagBoy Nitron Push Cart

9 minutes ago, BombAndGouge said:

I wanted to put together a quick review after playing my first round with the new 2023 Titleist ProV1 ("23V1"). I have played the 2021 ProV1, ProV1X, 19 Left Dash, 22 Chrome Soft X LS and Snell MTB-X over the last few years. I picked up a box of 23V1's and 22 Chrome Soft X's to try out. My intent was to play about 9 holes each and get a feel for them. The weather was approximately 48 degrees with steady 20-25 mph winds with gusts close to 40. Legitimately one of the windier days of the year (and it began to drizzle some unexpectedly).

The Round:

I played from the courses "tips," which were listed around 6700 yards at sea level but seemed to play much longer (probably wind induced). I put the Chrome Soft into play first which led to a nice bogey-bogey start. With that being less than ideal, I made the switch to the new 23V1. First drive was nuked close to 300 yards. The approach was about 211 into a par 4 which was hit to twelve feet. The ball seem to hold dead straight with wind more at the back, slightly right to left. Played even golf rest of front. Switched back to the Callaway and barely parred the long par 5 (as a result of a hooked second shot). Switched back to the 23V1 and played the remainder of the holes (total 15/18 with the ProV1). Finished one over with the ball and only because I lost massive strokes to poor putting (zero practice this year). 

The Ball:

I couldn't tell in the temperature that the ball was supposed to be softer than the prior gen, so it was probably close. One change that I didn't notice was long game spin. The 23V1 is supposed to be less spinny and have lower launch than the prior gen. With all of my long approaches (6 iron+) I did not fail to hold a green. Maybe there was so wind help, but approaches were dropping and stopping as expected. This also includes a lower "wind cheating" style shots. Many were 1-3 clubs added to normal distance based on wind. I hit a 6 iron from 143 dead into the wind and stopped the ball six feet from the cup for a smooth birdie. Lower trajectory may be more noticeable than a loss in long game spin. Other than wind factor, the ball did seem to be going as long or longer than the last ball. This could be attributed to a great striking day, but I think the ball is slightly hotter.

As for the wind, with it behind the ball, it didn't seem to affect it as much as into the ball. By this I mean that I don't think the wind pushed the ball the same amount of distance as you would lose going directly into it. My 211 approach would likely have blown over the green with another ball hanging on the gust (lower spin less hang up?) with how cleanly it was hit. But overall, the 23V1 wanted to stay dead straight into the wind. It was noticeably strong eliminating a difficult day on the course. This was one of two important findings.

The next important finding was greenside spin. A couple of holes needed a green side chip or bump and run style. I don't play with a lot of spin on these shots, typically try to find a landing spot for it to roll out. Not often do I attack the ball well for a hop-skip-bite-check/die close to the hole (need to get better with these shots). Most of the time we played "winter rules" so the chips were essentially fluffed (leading to more scooping action and run out). HOWEVER, the ball wanted to check up. My playing partners notice how much bite these soft 10-20 yard chips were one hop then bite/dying. It was amazing not putting much up a "clipper" swing into the ball and getting it to bite and finesse around the pin. 

One of the playing partners decided to check out the 23V1 after seeing this 2 or 3 times and commented that cover felt like sand paper. While I don't know if I agree with that, it does feel grittier than a 19 Left Dash. This may be due to the increased number of dimples where your finger can feel the edges of more of them so it feels sharper, but it was supremely noticeable. Just slightly "more aggressive?" of a cover compared to the Left Dash which felt a little smoother and almost polished. Both are urethane, however. 

Result:

The 2023 Titleist ProV1 impressed me and gave me confidence in a small money match. It made me want to abandon my game plan of testing balls to make sure I take care of business with the best tool in my arsenal. The wind performance was the best out of any ball I've play, greenside play was great, The balls held up well including hitting a tree they placed in the middle of the fairway on a dogleg (??), and it should putt like any other ProV1. I did not address putting as I don't think my poor putting day was reflective of either balls performance, even the Chrome Soft X with the triple track didn't drop a bunch of birdies. Speed control was the biggest issue... winter greens are slow. I'm not a shill and don't work for Titleist. I even just chose a Ping club over a Titleist in my recent fitting.

Awesome writeup man.  I am all stocked up on the 2021 ProV1s but will definitely be staying with the ProV1 once I run out.

Also - where in NJ did you play?

4 minutes ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

Awesome writeup man.  I am all stocked up on the 2021 ProV1s but will definitely be staying with the ProV1 once I run out.

Also - where in NJ did you play?

We played at Town & Country Golf Links. $40 for 18 on a Sunday at 10 isn't bad. Weather was supposed to be much better. Won my match by 18 strokes though which was nice. 

I also have a box or two of 21 ProV1s... wondering if I can trade them in. They are that good.

TaylorMade M6 10.5 (Sleeve @ 9.0) - PX HZRDUS Evenflow Black 75 (6.5) (Tipped 1in)

TaylorMade Stealth Plus Rescue 2-17 - PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX HY (6.5) (Tipped addl. .5in + .25in short)

TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue 4-22 (Sleeve @ 20.5) - PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX HY (6.5) (Tipped addl. .5in + .25in short)

Wilson Staff Tour Bag

BagBoy Nitron Push Cart

2 minutes ago, BombAndGouge said:

We played at Town & Country Golf Links. $40 for 18 on a Sunday at 10 isn't bad. Weather was supposed to be much better. Won my match by 18 strokes though which was nice. 

I also have a box or two of 21 ProV1s... wondering if I can trade them in. They are that good.

That part of NJ is one where I have played very little golf.  I think Scotland Run is about as close is I've gotten to there!

Glad you liked the new ball and makes me excited to try it out once I get ride of the 4 doz or so of the 2021's I have left

9 minutes ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

That part of NJ is one where I have played very little golf.  I think Scotland Run is about as close is I've gotten to there!

Glad you liked the new ball and makes me excited to try it out once I get ride of the 4 doz or so of the 2021's I have left

Scotland Run is one of the better public courses in the area. They are with the ownership that has AC that went private again this year. We don't have a lot of affordable public courses in good shape. Either public and good shape = expensive or public and affordable = not ideal.

Wilson Staff Tour Bag

BagBoy Nitron Push Cart

At $55 a box, I better be able to choose what # I want!  😤

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I'm a little surprised to see how many people buy balls by the dozen. Am I in the minority only buying a sleeve when I need them? 

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

9 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

I'm a little surprised to see how many people buy balls by the dozen. Am I in the minority only buying a sleeve when I need them? 

I don't want to forget balls, and then show up a at a course that doesn't have the ball I want and/or charges more per sleeve than if I were to buy a dozen online/at a store.   Heck, there are plenty of courses that don't even sell balls by the sleeve anymore.

22 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

I don't buy them by the sleeve because I'd be going back to the pro shop every 5 holes! 🤣 That's also exactly why I won't spend $55 on a dozen golf balls. In another thread, I posted about how I found a deal on some used ProV1's on Facebook Marketplace (cue collective gasp!). But for my skill level, they work just fine. Most of the 5 dozen I bought (for $50 total!) seemed to have been a one hit and lost type ball. The performance of the ProV line is soooo good, so until I don't consistently lose golf balls, I'll keep going that route.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

2 minutes ago, rlb4 said:

Not for $55. It's gonna cost you $56 + $5 shipping 🙂

Nah I think the PGASS near me allows to pick the number 1 thru 4 I believe.  I will see.  Plus there is a golf show near me next weekend, so I'll check there as well.  I try not to pay for shipping when I can 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

On 1/18/2023 at 6:08 PM, Bluesman57 said:

Doubtful as Titleist raised the price of the 2021 line to $52.99 at the start of the year. My guess is that they are not in a hurry to clear inventory likely due to the shortages and high demand that we saw over the past year. 

Srixon dropped the price of the 2021 ZStar line to $34.99 recently which is probably the best deal you’ll find for a big 5 urethane option.

Edited by storm319

:titelist-small:  TS2 9.5

:titelist-small:  909F2 15.5

:titelist-small:  690.CB 3-PW

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5 50, 56

image.png.e50b7e7a9b18feff4720d7b223a2013d.png   Works Versa 1W

• 1 month later...

For those commenting about getting what you want and adding in the price of shipping, my 23 Pro V1X hi number balls came in yesterday from Dicks sporting goods with free shipping at 55 a dozen, just a FYI.

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag