The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Good morning MGS! I hope each and every one of you have a great start to your morning and a wonderful day.

I'm settling down with a cup of coffee and snuggling with the dogs. Just thankful for another day getting to be here talking life and golf.

I want to touch on what happened at work yesterday since it's now on the news and I feel like I can mention it.

Our plant has an internal road to move vehicles and allow trucks to deliver parts. The plant is fenced in and we have a very large parking lot up the hill. We recently opened a gate around row 40 for employees to access the plant and have a bus that runs internally to transport employees to the building. 

As some people were getting off the bus, a car being driven way too fast struck 3 people. We had one fatality, one who is in critical condition, and one who was just banged up. It's heartbreaking that someone lost their life to a negligent driver. There are rumors as to what happened, but I won't expand on them. 

I also feel for those who were at the smoke shack that witnessed what happened. One lady that works on my line saw it happen and you could tell she was visibly shaken. 

I'm not going to lie, just hearing about it shook me. I walk through that area every morning heading into work and you just can't help but think about the what if's. 

Glad you are safe, Jason. Those what if’s in situations like that are really hard and accidents like that on the job site, whether you are involved or not, can shake you to your core. I hope your coworker who you work on the line with recovers from that mental distress as well. Does your company offer any stress/trauma assistance programs for events like that? 

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

5 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Does your company offer any stress/trauma assistance programs for events like that? 

They do, there are going to be counselors set up at the bottom of the escalators on Monday and Tuesday and we also have a help line you can call through our insurance. I think it's a wonderful thing they do, because right now I feel so bad for anyone who had to see that.

I only knew one of the people that was hit, he works two lines over and he's hard to overlook. Real nice guy, I've only talked to him a couple of times when he's come over to visit the people he has worked with. He's the one that got out with bruising. 

In other not-good news this morning...

---

"Golfers brawl on Florida course after pace-of-play argument"

One group said another group had been playing slowly

A round of golf turned into a brawl when two foursomes began fighting.

The melee happened at Cleveland Heights Golf Course in Lakeland, Fla., near a tee box, according to video posted to Instagram. 

Members of one group started barking at another because of their pace of play. However, the foursome getting the mouthful said there wasn't much they could do, blaming their slowness on the group ahead of them.

"There's a group in front of us. We can't go any faster," one man said.

That's when two golfers shoved one another, and after a missed kick, fists started flying.

A video of the incident cuts to when it seems to be broken up, but that didn't stop one of the golfers from asking for more.

"Bring it, b----!" he yelled.

The camera then pans to the tee box, where another pair of golfers were squared up, and more punches were thrown. Once again, someone said a group ahead of everyone was the reason for the slow pace and, eventually, the fight.

One golfer was seen trying to kick another in the backside, but the latter grabbed his leg, causing the man attempting the kick to fall on his own backside.

When a ranger approached and asked what was going on, someone said a group had been "been hitting balls into us all goddamn day."

---

🤦‍♂️

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

2 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

In other not-good news this morning...

It is amazing what goes on in the world.  😞

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Crappy start to my day as well. We are down in Myrtle Beach for my daughters track meet which ended late yesterday. Last night we got a text from campus police that a foul ball from the baseball game took out my daughter's car window. We are 5 hours away and it's supposed to rain there. What are you going to do on a Sunday either. It's raining pretty hard in Myrtle. The golf course closed so my round of golf with Big Stu was cancelled. They don't even have the golf channel at my resort!

Hopefully the campus police or someone on campus will be kind enough to cover the window. It's bad enough to have one busted out, but having water get it is just terrible. I hate that for your daughter.

I would suggest for entertainment watching YouTube videos of Cobra clubs. Take a look at the shiny goodness of your irons and the prodigious length of the drivers. 

2 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Crappy start to my day as well. We are down in Myrtle Beach for my daughters track meet which ended late yesterday. Last night we got a text from campus police that a foul ball from the baseball game took out my daughter's car window. We are 5 hours away and it's supposed to rain there. What are you going to do on a Sunday either. It's raining pretty hard in Myrtle. The golf course closed so my round of golf with Big Stu was cancelled. They don't even have the golf channel at my resort!

Any luck getting someone to tape and cover up the window up for you? I had the same bad luck with rain down there few years ago, I was living in Charleston at the time so I figured I'd get back soon and make up for it but never did. It's currently on the drawing board for a future golf trip though.

Ian Lydon

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9.5

3W: Cobra LTDx

3H: Callaway XR 16 Pro

Irons: Titleist T100 (2023) PW-6, Titleist T200 (2023) 5-4

Wedges: Sub 70 (52 and 58 Tester)

Putter: Ping Anser G2

Sorry to hear that @sirchunksalotreach out if you need to talk through it. Hopefully everyone else involved gets an opportunity to talk through it and process things.

Ian Lydon

6 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Hopefully the campus police or someone on campus will be kind enough to cover the window. It's bad enough to have one busted out, but having water get it is just terrible. I hate that for your daughter.

6 minutes ago, DonnieGolfs said:

Any luck getting someone to tape and cover up the window up for you? 

Campus police said they would try to tape it up for us the best they could. at this point I don't even know what window. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

My 9 year anniversary was on Wednesday and my wife and kids got me a putter fitting and my two boys picked out my new grip. I think they're were more excited about the process than me, I'll post pictures this week when I get the putter back. I plan to test out Stack Putting Beta to track some results. 

Ian Lydon

Time for another brewing session this morning.  Todays style: Kolsch

IMG_5628.jpeg

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Stack Referral code

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

16 minutes ago, skraeling said:

Time for another brewing session this morning.  Todays style: Kolsch

IMG_5628.jpeg

How long does the process take from day 1 to beer in hand? Is it wildly different from one style to another?

Ian Lydon

32 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Campus police said they would try to tape it up for us the best they could. at this point I don't even know what window. 

Just saw pictures. Two foul balls and one took out the rear window and another bounced off her dorm and took out the front windshield. Sick to my stomach on this.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Good morning MGS! I hope each and every one of you have a great start to your morning and a wonderful day.

I'm settling down with a cup of coffee and snuggling with the dogs. Just thankful for another day getting to be here talking life and golf.

I want to touch on what happened at work yesterday since it's now on the news and I feel like I can mention it.

Our plant has an internal road to move vehicles and allow trucks to deliver parts. The plant is fenced in and we have a very large parking lot up the hill. We recently opened a gate around row 40 for employees to access the plant and have a bus that runs internally to transport employees to the building. 

As some people were getting off the bus, a car being driven way too fast struck 3 people. We had one fatality, one who is in critical condition, and one who was just banged up. It's heartbreaking that someone lost their life to a negligent driver. There are rumors as to what happened, but I won't expand on them. 

I also feel for those who were at the smoke shack that witnessed what happened. One lady that works on my line saw it happen and you could tell she was visibly shaken. 

I'm not going to lie, just hearing about it shook me. I walk through that area every morning heading into work and you just can't help but think about the what if's. 

Prayers for all and their families!

B

7 minutes ago, DonnieGolfs said:

How long does the process take from day 1 to beer in hand? Is it wildly different from one style to another?

It really varies depending on your starting gravity (%sugar in your wort) your yeast (some are pretty slow fermenters), and temperature you are fermenting at.

Some will ferment out in a few days to a week, some take weeks.

So fermentation anywhere from several days to several weeks + throw in a few days to a week or so to clarifiy (if you want your beer clear) + a day to a week to carbonate.

The longer you wait, the better it tastes usually. 

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Stack Referral code

Good morning Spies,

Sorry I was MIA!  Life got in my way.

Weather hear in WN Pennsylvania has been gray and raining daily!  Ugh, why do I choose to live here - oh yeah, the grandkids! and comfortable summers.

We have a 60th birthday party for a friend today.  It'll be nice to see everyone.

Hope everyone is enjoying their testing!  Sounds like some challenges along with mostly enjoyment. 

Have a terrific Sunday - golf if you can!

B

28 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Just saw pictures. Two foul balls and one took out the rear window and another bounced off her dorm and took out the front windshield. Sick to my stomach on this.

Hopefully campus security is putting some covers over the windows to keep rain out.   

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

17 minutes ago, BKervin said:

Good morning Spies,

Sorry I was MIA!  Life got in my way.

Totally inexcusable;  the forum should be your #1 priority 🙂     Just kidding.     

Things come up in our life and there are times where we are all MIA.   Sounds like you are going to have a fun day.   

30 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

That makes it even worse. I think I would be nauseous, too. 

Good morning!! Phew...after an extended weekend hosting the in-laws, we went out for an espresso once they were on the road as a little treat. Then it was cleaning mode for the entire morning. Not the most fun but satisfying 

Rest of the day is where the fun is had. Batting practice for summer softball season and then some putting practice. I've done driving range and BP back to back before and it's not something I care to do again! 🙃

WITB - :taylormade-small:Dr: Taylor Made SIM2 Tensei AV blue; :callaway-logo-1:3W, 4H, 5H: Callaway Strata Ultimate; 6-9i: Callaway Strata Ultimate; PW: Callaway JAWS MD5 46deg W grind, 12deg bounce; AW: Callaway JAWS MD5 52 deg W grind, 12deg bounce; SW: Callaway JAWS MD5 56 deg S grind, 12deg bounce; LW: Callaway JAWS MD5 60deg W grind, 12 deg bounce; Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 1 blade :odyssey-small:Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft X

Technically 1:40 in the afternoon but we'll go with a thread appropriate Good Morning, MGS.

I planned on sleeping in and getting up to watch Finau/Rahm tee off, so here I am.

Google weather is messing with me. What was a full precipitation 100% forecast has turned, while I slept, to 40% 2-5pm and .3" total rainfall the first half of the day.  🤔 

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Had my mothers 60th surprise party last night, great time with some of her close friends and us siblings. Layed low this morning and just finished grocery shopping. Time to relax until the Bruins game on this rainy nasty day.

Happy birthday to your mom! It's great you did that for her and I hope she had a good time.

Good Morning (afternoon here) knee is coming around to the point I could hit some 60 shots with foam balls in the back yard. 13 y/o came out and I switched to helping him get his swing going. He’s a lefty and is close to getting it. I honestly have more fun working with him than I ever have playing/practicing by myself. We laugh and joke around about our miss hits. Can’t wait to get him out there in the next few weeks

I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

Driver-  image.png.c7958ee984bbf04f894ad61f7b2912ee.png     AI Smoke Triple Diamond 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ 6x/ image.png.34846e03859e439eea57f542ae27df59.png  Mini Burner Copper 11.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5

Fairway- image.png.05e3e95116b254160104eb63157eaf9c.png Stealth 2, 5 wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0/image.png.05e3e95116b254160104eb63157eaf9c.png Burner Bubble 2, 7 wood (sometimes)

Utility- IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpg.1b17f43b70edb2cc8206713b580280bc.jpg 3 Utility Project X HZRDUS Black Smoke RDX 6.0 (sometimes)

Irons- default_mizuno-small.jpg.683f01332cf642e1a0791b7880818c55.jpg JPX 921 Forged KBS $120 5-GW

Wedges-titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpg.69fcd3f4fc6e6cc63e96630188337bff.jpg Vokey SM 56 and 60

Flatstick-titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpg.69fcd3f4fc6e6cc63e96630188337bff.jpg Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5 

nothing like starting a Sunday like a couple hours of hoops at 7am ! 

happy to get my exercise out of the way and looking forward to taking it easy and checking out some NBA and NHL.

Certainly can't go outside! It's cool and breezy and feels like you're in one of those misters at an amusement park!

hope everyone is finishing the weekend strong and getting ready to kick some butt on Monday. 💪

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

1 minute ago, StrokerAce said:

nothing like starting a Sunday like a couple hours of hoops at 7am ! 

happy to get my exercise out of the way and looking forward to taking it easy and checking out some NBA and NHL.

Certainly can't go outside! It's cool and breezy and feels like you're in one of those misters at an amusement park!

hope everyone is finishing the weekend strong and getting ready to kick some butt on Monday. 💪

What even is this wind!?!

IMG_5637.jpeg

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Stack Referral code

4 minutes ago, skraeling said:

What even is this wind!?!

IMG_5637.jpeg

Gusts of wind are Mother Nature farting on us.

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

9 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

So sorry to hear about was is a senseless tragedy. Praying for all involved, for those directly impacted as well as those who witnessed this. Be well my friend. 🙏🏼❤️‍🩹

image.png.ec65754993cb81a3d0a7d15c70ab8fd1.png  Anyday Maverick Black Ops 7-way

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Fujikura Motore X F3

:PXG:0211 Hybrid 3 19° w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 70

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:titleist-small: Pro V1 

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Tests No Longer in the Bag

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test