Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

7 minutes ago, IndyBonzo said:

Good morning, Spies!

it’s a gorgeous day in Brown County, IN.  I already snuck in 9 holes at the local Salt Creek.  Played the back 9 in 1:20 and logged a 40.  It’s very tight, pretty short, a few blind tee shots, and only two driver holes.  Charitably, it’s tricky.  I am very happy with the score, but regret my two bladed wedges which cost me a score in the 30’s.

Headed home to pick up FABWIFE and start our Saturday.  

I wish you all a fabulous weekend!

IMG_4453.jpeg.0e8b631dcf47e589bbe84df89cf1ae01.jpegIMG_4454.jpeg.9b18df4cf38cdc55ec72a8e5e26a9532.jpeg

Love that course! We did a bachelor party weekend golf trip there about 12 years ago. The most epic rain storm I’ve ever seen on a golf course hit us there on a Sunday morning. 

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-7i:  :titleist-small: T200  Recoil 110 f4

8i-PW: :titleist-small: T150 Recoil 110 f4

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Late morning check in for me up at the lake house. Just finished a massive breakfast spread and going old school with some Wii bowling with the kids. They are obsessed with it, I might have to try and find one for the house. Gonna be a beautiful day so gonna get on the pontoon this afternoon and drink margaritas. Gonna be a good day 🍹😎

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Good morning all! It’s going to be a busy day, but there’s nothing better than starting it on the range with some coffee!

I’m playing a round tomorrow so I’m doing a pretty normal routine for me which is 40 minutes on the range, 20 on the chipping green, 20 minutes in the putting green. It’s an overcast 70° this morning which is the perfect temp for working through some minor swing changes and getting tuned up for a semi competitive round tomorrow! Have a day!

Driver: ping.png.e3ed5628ca52a8b2c125dee1b870da4f.png g410 (Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65g) | 3 Wood: 70-707561_cobra-logo-png-transparent-cobra-golf-logo-vector.png-removebg-preview.png.b72d599215d4665a747b0adcf37e74ae.png LTDx (Project X HZRDUS Smoke IM10) | Utility Iron: srixon-removebg-preview.png.12b8a132cea8523f77746a94937ae416.pngZX Utility (23* UST Mamiya Recoil 95g) | pxg.png.1f27c0c70c160b03f2f988ce62043156.png XCOR2 0211 6-GW (True Temper Elevate 95) | Wedges (52, 56, 60): mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png T22 Blue Ion (True Temper Dynamic Gold 132) | Putter: Myproject-12.png.a10a6f62037a1d622840ac8f721d759f.png Versa Double Wide Blade (Stroke Lab shaft) | Ball: mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png RB Tour X

Baseball player turned golf addict. 

18 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Super late posting so… Happy Friday Afternoon all!!

Jackson did awesome in his game last night. 3 full innings (max they can do), 58 pitches, 9 strikeouts, and no runs allowed!  We were scoreless going into the 4th where we broke it open and scored 5 runs. Final score after 5, 7-4 good guys!

Game 2 tonight (rain pending)!

IMG_5198.jpeg
IMG_5205.jpeg

Sounds great and such a positive experience!

My 11 yo grandson has played little league (central florida) since t-ball and has done reasonably well, but this past spring season was a really bad experience.  Last fall, he played in our hometown LL Minor division and pitched for the first time ever in 6-8 games and did really well.  As a lefty, he pitched, played 1st, some at second, and OF, and he’s a pretty good fielder.  Since fall, my dau has been taking him to a pitching coach who formerly made it to AA with the Yankees farm team in Trenton, and really improved his mechanics.

The home town LL is dissolving, so this spring he played in the LL Major division in the town next to us.  The coach and his BIL assistant coach only let their sons pitch, plus one other kid who was very good. The 2 sons struggled a lot and often. I attended 2 games near the end of the season and couldn’t believe the verbal shaming these coaches loudly exhibited.  My grandson was never allowed to pitch or play first.  He was never even allowed to practice in those positions.  He only played OF.  One game I attended, the BIL coach kept screaming at his son because he wasn’t leading off far enough.  As the son eventually came off the field crying, the coach was calling him names and belittling him, and telling him he was tired of having a cry baby for a son.

During their first playoff game, one pitcher was really struggling and my dau asked through the fence the coach to let ‘C’ pitch - he walked away.  After the game, as they were walking to their cars, my coach asked to speak to my dau (my son in law normally attends but had to work) with my grandson was standing next to her.  He then proceeded to lay into my dau, said he can’t let ‘C’ pitch because he is worried about his safety (his fielding is very good)  and muttered other put-downs about C he doesn’t like.  My dau mentioned they signed the injury waiver and understand the risks.  Then said (this after 12 or so gams), ‘C missed my bunt sign tonight.  How can I ever let him pitch if he won’t do what I tell him? ‘. All of this with C standing there.  She obviously had to pull him from the teams last 2 playoff games (he s also a good hitter). 

Absolute shameful and disgusting abusive treatment.  My dau was heartbroken for him, and wrote a detailed letter to the league president.  And he responded very kindly and said that is not what the league stands by, etc, etc.  Offered free summer clinics and said the league would handle it. 

Sorry, just had to vent.  Years ago I saw some of this with my 2 daus fast pitch teams so I ended up coaching them up through their JV team.  

Edited by GaryF
Typos

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

🌄 from the beautiful Shuswap. Round 1 was yesterday at Talking Rock. Tee off at Salmon Arm Golf club in 30, then Shuswap National afterwards, and Hyde Mountain tomorrow on the way home! Can't beat that at all!

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

3 minutes ago, GaryF said:

My 11 yo grandson has played little league (central florida) since t-ball and has done reasonably well, but this past spring season was a really bad experience.  Last fall, he played in our hometown LL Minor division and pitched for the first time ever in 6-8 games and did really well.  As a lefty, he pitched, played 1st, some at second, and OF, and he’s a pretty good fielder.  Since fall, my dau has been taking him to a pitching coach who formerly made it to AA with the Yankees farm team in Trenton, and really improved his mechanics.

The home town LL is dissolving, so this spring he played in the LL Major division in the town next to us.  The coach and his BIL assistant coach only let their sons pitch, plus one other kid who was very good. The 2 sons struggled a lot and often. I attended 2 games near the end of the season and couldn’t believe the verbal shaming these coaches loudly exhibited.  My grandson was never allowed to pitch or play first.  He was never even allowed to practice in those positions.  He only played OF.  One game I attended, the BIL coach kept screaming at his son because he wasn’t leading off far enough.  As the son eventually came off the field crying, the coach was calling him names and belittling him.

During their first playoff game, one pitcher was really struggling and my dau asked through the fence the coach to let ‘C’ pitch - he walked away.  After the game, as they were walking to their cars, my coach asked to speak to my dau (my son in law normally attends but had to work) with my grandson was standing next to her.  He then proceeded to lay into my dau, said he can’t let ‘C’ pitch because he is worried about his safety (his fielding is very good)  and muttered other put-downs about C he doesn’t like.  My dau mentioned they signed the injury waiver and understand the risks.  Then said (this after 12 or so gams), ‘C missed my bunt sign tonight.  How can I ever let him pitch if he won’t do what I tell him? ‘. All of this with C standing there.  She obviously had to pull him from the teams last 2 playoff games (he s also a good hitter). 

Absolute shameful and disgusting abusive treatment.  My dau was heartbroken for him, and wrote a detailed letter to the league president.  And he responded very kindly and said that is not what the league stands by, etc, etc.  Offered free summer clinics and said the league would handle it. 

Sorry, just had to vent.  Years ago I saw some of this with my 2 daus fast pitch teams so I ended up coaching them up through their JV team.  

That just isn't right.  I'm also one of the directors for the league (3-6 year old group) and I know that none of that sort of behavior would fly.  It makes me mad when coaches of youth sports make the game more about them than about the kids. 

Hopefully they get on a better team soon and can start enjoying the game again!  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

25 minutes ago, GaryF said:

The home town LL is dissolving, so this spring he played in the LL Major division in the town next to us.  The coach and his BIL assistant coach only let their sons pitch, plus one other kid who was very good. The 2 sons struggled a lot and often. I attended 2 games near the end of the season and couldn’t believe the verbal shaming these coaches loudly exhibited.  My grandson was never allowed to pitch or play first.  He was never even allowed to practice in those positions.  He only played OF.  One game I attended, the BIL coach kept screaming at his son because he wasn’t leading off far enough.  As the son eventually came off the field crying, the coach was calling him names and belittling him, and telling him he was tired of having a cry baby for a son.

As someone who has been involved in coaching youth and high school athletics, nothing makes my blood boil more than “coaches” who take their past failures out on the kids they are coaching. The guys that were “coaching” your grandson’s team shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near an athletic field. Will be the same parents who berate officials once their kids get to high school (if the kids don’t quit before then). Sorry to hear your grandson had a poor experience and here’s to hoping they find a program where he can actually enjoy himself. 

Side note, I was the lefty who only got to play right field and never got to pitch all through youth baseball and into middle school, only to turn it around into a 3 year varsity pitching career, all-conference honors and played in college. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

26 minutes ago, GaryF said:

Absolute shameful and disgusting abusive treatment.

Sad.

My wife also has lots of stories of Dads / Wanna Be Big League Coaches screaming bloody murder and inappropriate curses at their sons - and at hers' and other boys! - from the sidelines. Mystery to me how these so-called men think *that's* encouraging to young, developing boys.... 

Anyways...

Hope it's a Happy Saturday for everyone!! After Summer yesterday we're also having an early Fall like day here 🤷‍♂️

Nature is a Mother! 🤪🤣🤣

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

No reason for that stuff at all - however, on a different twist, my mom was one of the greatest umpire boaters I have ever seen - if they made a bad call or did something not quite right, like spending too much time at the dugout of our opponents, man, she was all over it!  She did that up until I went off to play in college, but she wasn't mean or hateful, just loud enough to get their attention!

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather

Good Afternoon Spies, later start than usual here on the forum, but I was up much earlier and been working on a car in the garage since 6:00AM. Wanted to get it done before the heat of the day made it uncomfortable to complete. Plano to maybe hit the range later this afternoon / evening, before I play 18 holes tomorrow at what I consider my "home course" for the first time this year. As others have mentioned, we haven't had any rain for over 2 weeks, and temperatures have been above normal, so the usual bright, crisp greens of the grass is now becoming yellowish and brown colored.

Hope you all have a great day, no matter what is in your plans, and make it the best day it possibly can be!

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

23 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

A fine way to start my day with 18 holes. Finished around 10:45. 
IMG_0325.jpeg.e8aa9c6278deda69797636898fc5fe5e.jpeg
I couldn’t take looking at the Cobra bag sitting empty anymore. Loaded it up with my current gear.

IMG_0327.jpeg.8906147ca981d113646765f1db2d4f5d.jpeg

Finally birdied the par 5 18th hole. If you zoom in you can see the ball by the pin.

Just turned on the Memorial. Chill for a bit then go relax poolside.

Nice shot!

Driver: ping.png.e3ed5628ca52a8b2c125dee1b870da4f.png g410 (Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65g) | 3 Wood: 70-707561_cobra-logo-png-transparent-cobra-golf-logo-vector.png-removebg-preview.png.b72d599215d4665a747b0adcf37e74ae.png LTDx (Project X HZRDUS Smoke IM10) | Utility Iron: srixon-removebg-preview.png.12b8a132cea8523f77746a94937ae416.pngZX Utility (23* UST Mamiya Recoil 95g) | pxg.png.1f27c0c70c160b03f2f988ce62043156.png XCOR2 0211 6-GW (True Temper Elevate 95) | Wedges (52, 56, 60): mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png T22 Blue Ion (True Temper Dynamic Gold 132) | Putter: Myproject-12.png.a10a6f62037a1d622840ac8f721d759f.png Versa Double Wide Blade (Stroke Lab shaft) | Ball: mizuno2.png.a20033d8eca70bb4ac47d0bc51dfd514.png RB Tour X

Baseball player turned golf addict. 

6 hours ago, Ben Joest said:

I’ve coached a handful of teams for my kids over the years, and I have reached the conclusion that parents and coaches are what ruins youth sports. The kids just want to play. I hope your grandson finds a team with coaches that have the good sense to keep their mouths shut and let the kids play. 

Like you I did my time coaching Girls Softball for my daughters for years up until HS.  2of my granddaughters played also, coached by my SIL.  One granddaughter played HS and was offered college scholarship to play.  Gson is now a junior playing HS & Legion ball.  We’ve seen some awful coaching & parents but not many.  The worst were HS Softball parents some were downright cruel to their own girls. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

A fine way to start my day with 18 holes. Finished around 10:45. 
IMG_0325.jpeg.e8aa9c6278deda69797636898fc5fe5e.jpeg
I couldn’t take looking at the Cobra bag sitting empty anymore. Loaded it up with my current gear.

IMG_0327.jpeg.8906147ca981d113646765f1db2d4f5d.jpeg

Finally birdied the par 5 18th hole. If you zoom in you can see the ball by the pin.

Just turned on the Memorial. Chill for a bit then go relax poolside.

Make the putt?😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list