Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

Congrats to cnosil daughter passing her licensing exam. My daughter is a nurse and I know what it took to get there. As fast as MGS, I spy with my little eye little bits of what spies are doing all day long!  I lt starts with coffee before breakfast and continues as I can catch and read things as time at work allows.  And I get alerts all day as you all respond to different comments.  Keep it up!  It breaks up the work day!

GPS111

Good morning spied! What a beautiful morning this morning. Coffee was flowing, birds chirping, already gone to the range... great start! Going to get a haircut and then headed down to take care of my grandma for a couple of nights. Hopefully, I can sneak out and play golf tomorrow before she wakes up. It's also supposed to cool off so the weather should be pristine. Looking forward to a relaxing break! Have a great Sunday!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

Happy Sunday! Yesterday my wife completed the last session of a 5 part New to Golf clinic at our club. During yesrday’s session she played her first two holes on a course. This afternoon we are headed out to play nine holes of captain’s choice! Very excited to play with her for the first time. Weather is supposed to be near perfect (mid-to-low 70’s and partly cloudy).

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

A little late for the morning thread, but have a great Sunday nevertheless! No golf today, gonna sit by the pool and enjoy this wonderful weather! 

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

17 hours ago, cnosil said:

Makes me want to go there again.   Going to climb Diamond Head?

Did last time I was here and my heel is okish (hurt it running been sore for a few weeks) so I don’t want to push it that much.  Also you have to make reservations now and damn near everywhere else too it seems.

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

Good Early Afternoon!  Was awake at 4:30; had my 2 cups of coffee in bed, then scrambled 2 eggs with toast before heading out for an early tee time.  Nobody to play with today so my wife and I got paired with a couple of nice guys.  After 12 holes he was calling us mama bear and papa bear! 🤣  One guy was OK, the other not so much but they didn't hold us... which was nice!

Now home to do laundry the rest of the day and watch The Memorial..

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

19 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Matt,

We tested the LAB putters together last year. I remember seeing an email saying how we could order these bags but I can’t find it. Can you help me out here?

Thanks, and enjoy the bag!

-John

Hey John! 

Yeah, it was an opportunity to "Group Buy" (basically, discounted price if enough people ordered), comes with the MGS patch and embroidery of your choice - I clearly went the "silly" route 😉

I'm tagging Bryan on this, as he's the one who put it together.  I believe there's an option to extend orders - @GolfSpy BOS - wanna take this one? 🙂 I was going to share the link, but it looks like because the original deadline passed, it's no longer shareable.  

9 hours ago, Jack Z said:

Nice, need a bag, I would order one of those.

Jack, see above - Bryan, can you tag Jack as well with whatever the answer is?

9 hours ago, rkj427 said:

If he needs multiple people to order, you can also let him know I would be interested in one as well.

Bryan - same here as well.  

Thanks!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

23 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Oh my god - unclear as to where else to post this, but this has definetely made my day a whole lot brighter. LOOK how gorgeous this thing is!!! 

IMG_5489.jpegIMG_5488.jpeg

IMG_5486.jpeg

IMG_5482.jpeg

I may have to fight the little guy for it, but it's beyond what I was expecting. 

And that COOLER pocket is... Good lord almighty. It's a party-pocket. 

I’d love to hear your review of the bag.  It does look gorgeous, but I’m more curious about the functionality. I would probably never put more than one drink, maybe 2, so wonder if it has the storage for typical golf gear and consumables (ie, balls)?  Can they be Ordered thru this site?

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

1 hour ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

So far, I really love it.  The stitching is top-notch, and it feels like everything's been designed with extreme thought.  I'll give a deeper-dive kind of review, maybe even a video, to show all the pockets, but so far it's pretty fantastic.  I transferred everything from my old bag into this bag, and didn't seem to have any issues at all - I did have to pare down some of the extraneous stuff I was randomly holding on to, but the nice thing is that the pocket that's to the side of the cooler pocket (zippered vertical pocket above the white diamond) actually goes deeper than the cooler pocket, as well as in front of it - so if you're not using the cooler, you still have access to a pretty large pocket cavity.  And even if you are, you can still fit stuff in there (I've currently got it set up for shag/used balls I use for chipping, etc.), which is a pretty clever design.  

Anyway, while I've never played with a "Hoofer" (which always seems to be top of the list of MGS bags), I can see this thing being way more than what I might need, and the personalization aspect of it (along with the clay green color I got) is just *chef's kiss* delicious 🙂

If you're interested in a bag similar to this, @GolfSpy BOS can be sent a message - he's the one who organized the group buy (to get the bags at a considerable discount ($175 + Shipping - mine came out to $208 with taxes and shipping), and he's mentioned that the deal can still be accessed for forum members, but you'll need to reach out to him.

Thank you - now I am very intrigued.  The price is great but moreso, my concern with the cooler pocket that holds 4 large drinks is dispelled by your comment regarding the side vertical pocket that can encroach on the cooler area, if I understand correct.  I do love the look.  Hope it can stay clean! I probably would not carry very often because of our terrain, but would for 9 holes occasionally.

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

32 minutes ago, Triple_Putt said:

Morning all! Going to be a crazy week, my schedule is all over the place. Today will be my only opportunity to hit the course so I’m going to make sure it happens! Just pulled in the lot, going to finish my coffee, eat my bagel, and browse here till my start time. Have a fantastic day everyone!!!

That sounds like the ideal start to the day. I hope you hit them well and have fun out there. 

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Not a bad way to start the morning!

Happy Birthday too Jamie!

Good morning Spies, as mentioned by others it is back to work again for some of us here. Hope that all had great weekends and make your day today the best it possibly can be.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

GM & Happy Monday!!!  Coffee and out the door for a 7:00am Tee Time.  Looking forward to this course, greens are usually in great shape.  Good 4some, always a lot of fun with these guys.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list