The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

Bah humbug! The grinch spirit is flowing strong this morning. No coffee today, and a Late start. We had an inflatable catch fire last night.  Wife looked outside and saw it was a tad brighter than normal, and as I approached it, it got super bright,  and then *poooof* up in flames and melting to the ground. Best i can figure the internal light wiring caused it.  It was 12 years old though. (incandescent lighting)

May you all have a better day ahead!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Oh, and for those who follow SEC football... ROLL TIDE!

FB_IMG_1701533254123.jpg.2a284e36c3bf6ad832475d49955336e5.jpg

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

6 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Oh, and for those who follow SEC football... ROLL TIDE!

FB_IMG_1701533254123.jpg.2a284e36c3bf6ad832475d49955336e5.jpg

With the potential play-off implications that would occur if they beat Georgia, I too am hoping they "Roll" today being based here in Michigan

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, rkj427 said:

With the potential play-off implications that would occur if they beat Georgia, I too am hoping they "Roll" today being based here in Michigan

The way their last 3 games were hamdled, I'm more concerned it will be a refs game over a players game...

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Bah humbug! The grinch spirit is flowing strong this morning. No coffee today, and a Late start. We had an inflatable catch fire last night.  Wife looked outside and saw it was a tad brighter than normal, and as I approached it, it got super bright,  and then *poooof* up in flames and melting to the ground. Best i can figure the internal light wiring caused it.  It was 12 years old though. (incandescent lighting)

May you all have a better day ahead!

That had to be a sight to behold. No other damage I hope. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:mizuno-small: T22 54° SW w/ TT DG S400

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 BlacK

25 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

That had to be a sight to behold. No other damage I hope. 

Nope, it was raining,  and was able to keep the rest from catching on. No ground damage either.  Thanks for asking

After having the flu for a week I managed to put up our holiday decor , hooked up the power to a timer so now I’m done until after the holiday , headed north for a quick trip to celebrate with family , see our newest great grandie then back home in the south 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

Got all the fun kiddo things done and heading to the course to play a round with my normal group. Perfect weather. 65 degrees and very little wind. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

3 hours ago, Javs said:

IMG_1661.jpeg.f8e9bdc59d89bc61b49fa1b62fa1b445.jpeg

Bacon? 🥓

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:ping-small: Anser Bronze 34”

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

:EVNROLL: Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

28 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

Bacon? 🥓

And ribs, and whole ham, and tenderloin, and pulled pork.. 😋 

Long day in work world.. Definitely earned my daily bread. Got to oversee one more work procedure then hopefully head for the house come daylight.

I JUST READ AN ARTICLE THAT STATED..  For the first time ever this past year more golfers went to off-course golf courses than went to traditional golf courses. Guess I am “ REALLY To Old “.. TopGolf,SIMs, and such would hit diminishing returns with me, if they were my only golf options for the year… What say you, my logical and knowledgeable spies? 

1 hour ago, Javs said:

Tenderloins, back straps and sausage! Hit my two hog limit in the first three hours. Going to get more tags!

That’s a productive three hours! 

3 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Long day in work world.. Definitely earned my daily bread. Got to oversee one more work procedure then hopefully head for the house come daylight.

I JUST READ AN ARTICLE THAT STATED..  For the first time ever this past year more golfers went to off-course golf courses than went to traditional golf courses. Guess I am “ REALLY To Old “.. TopGolf,SIMs, and such would hit diminishing returns with me, if they were my only golf options for the year… What say you, my logical and knowledgeable spies? 

I have nothing against Sims or places like TopGolf and would definitely say that they have their place. I don’t mind using them but if given the choice of one or the other I would prefer the real deal. I’ve never had the opportunity to use a facility like a TopGolf but would like to give it a try. There is a similar facility from PinSeekers that was recently built about 90 minutes from me that buddies have been talking about so it might be in my future. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:mizuno-small: T22 54° SW w/ TT DG S400

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 BlacK

8 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

I watched a Rick Shiels podcast awhile back that approached this subject. The stats Guy produced on the number of sim club bars, and range club memberships was quite astounding. IIRC,  75% of the members were business types that never stepped onto a real course.  But participation on weekly after work leagues was gaining alot of traction over in the UK.  I know the USA side has grown for independen top golf/top tracer type facilities too.  We actually had a sim bar just open up last month here. 

5 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

That’s a productive three hours! 

I have nothing against Sims or places like TopGolf and would definitely say that they have their place. I don’t mind using them but if given the choice of one or the other I would prefer the real deal. I’ve never had the opportunity to use a facility like a TopGolf but would like to give it a try. There is a similar facility from PinSeekers that was recently built about 90 minutes from me that buddies have been talking about so it might be in my future. 

I have NO issue with Sim’s, TopGolf, or other such venues as occasional supplement, auxiliary, or change of pace options. As my only option(s) for golf without the recourse of going to a traditional course is not something that I believe would make golf viable for me.