The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Good Morning!! .. and big Thanks! to everyone about the George Strait concert .. and yes it was awesome!!

And that's coming from someone who prefers to avoid large crowds and stadium events. Wow the place was packed and who knew there were that many country fans in the NY Metro area and who know who he is?

But yeah super rare northeast appearance has my wife and I speculating maybe this is his last year touring outside of Texas..? During the show he said he's thought for a minute, literally, of retiring but that he still loves being onstage and playing to crowds.

20240609_183140.jpg.7581a22b191ab66be19a750b0814e167.jpg

So yeah while the Hollywood good looks are a little faded, and that full rich voice is a touch weaker .. at 72, I think it is (?), man he is still going strong and played a full set non-stop. Good mix of oldies and some of his newer songs. Plus Chris Stapleton walked back onstage and they did a few songs together!

20240609_183101.jpg.ed9367e8c9acc101b9529b0e0a2437ce.jpg

One short pause to recognize a vet he brought on stage who was the recipient of a .. get this .. *house* from a charitable foundation George is a part of (in addition to the Jennifer Strait Foundation).

And as a true celebrity, I guess, he now has a tequila brand Código (yep just like in his song). Think I gotta try it...

K that's the concert news 😄 

Hope everyone had some fun in their weekend!! And hope this week starts out well for you, too!!

Have you been playing any music lately

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I have come to really rely on the Garmin S70 for its health features. Particularly the body battery. I don't normally look at it other then when I am trying to guess what it is. Last night I had a short sleep, but work up feeling great and sure enough the body battery was the highest it has been since I got the watch with an 80. It was also the best restful sleep I have had since my first night in the US. 

I don't think I want an S70 because it would probably give me a negative number on the body battery. 

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review