Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2nd Swing Golf fitting?

SlikHands

Has anyone had a fitting with 2nd Swing Golf? They have excellent customer service in my experience but I have never had a fitting from them. They just opened a store in the DFW area and I’m headed there in March. Curious if I should test them out? I’ve heard mixed reviews on other fitters (golftec/club champion). I enjoy their YouTube videos as well!

Anyone have any experience with 2nd Swing? 

We've got the original 2 stores here in MN and I've been fit at both in various ways.  At least here they have a few different fitting options.  You can just walk in and hit used clubs and they will help with length/loft/lie but it's pretty basic.  Then they have a more in depth fitting but still used clubs in the main hitting bays.  They go more in depth with number interpretation, you get a 1 on 1 fitter and they will look at different models and shafts and compare.  I think there is a cost for this one but it's free if you buy a club.  Finally they have the Tour Van fitting which is your full blown professional fitting.  This one is paid fitting no matter what but they use a lot more technology and go through any/all of the new clubs and full lineup of aftermarket shafts are available.  

Personally I've done the tour van fitting before for a driver and also the middle one when buying used irons.  I found much more value in the Tour Van fitting, but the cost is also higher.  The Tour Van process should be the same at any location but like anything your results may vary based on the individual fitter you get.  From my experience though I would recommend them.  If there are any other specific questions let me know.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

If you do the tour van fitting you will get a better experience than if you do just the generic fitting there. The tour van fitter at the one near my house is really good

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I've been curious about the 2nd Swing fittings as well since I'm in DFW, but the truth is we have so many options in the area and the one that piqued my interest the most is an independent shop called Stripe Show Golf. Main reason I like them is they use Quintic for putters which seems to be the current forerunner for putter fittings. I'd read somewhere that 2nd Swing uses Quintic as well but I couldn't find anything on their site so until I make a trip North, I'm not certain on that. We also of course have Club Champion and True Spec - located in Mike Bury's place, Eight Under, which opened just last year.

If you're thinking about simply making some tweaks or trying to save some money with used clubs, you can't go wrong with 2nd Swing. Their site shows something like 13000+ clubs in inventory at the DFW location. Otherwise, I think it's ultimately a matter of price, fitting methodology, and technology. I'll add that 2nd Swing was the most expensive of the options I looked at (Tour Van Fitting), but it is "free" if you make a purchase of a certain amount relative to the type of fitting: driver, irons, full bag, putter, etc. 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Thanks for everyone's input! Looking to get a driver fitting for a new club...still need to sell my old one (see BST page lol). So if I were to go and get fit for a driver I would more likely than not purchase that day so I'm not too worried about the price of the fitting. 

1 hour ago, SlikHands said:

Thanks for everyone's input! Looking to get a driver fitting for a new club...still need to sell my old one (see BST page lol). So if I were to go and get fit for a driver I would more likely than not purchase that day so I'm not too worried about the price of the fitting. 

2nd swing will take it as a trade in or they will buy it from you and either give you store credit or a company check.

That will probably be a lot easier and quicker than trying to sell it on the bst where it may not sell at all.

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned do research on the fitting process? TXG has a great video on their YouTube channel, so research on your fitter and do research on the business model of wherever you get fit, the more informed you are the better the chances are you have a good experience 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

7 hours ago, SlikHands said:

You will typically get more money selling on the BST vs trading in.  You can look up what 2nd swing will give you online pretty easily.  The only time I typically trade in vs selling myself is when the new driver you want to buy is running the bonus 50% trade in value towards purchase of the new club.  In the past years the trade in value was actually higher than what I could sell it for myself on BST with the bonus.  

Just something to keep in mind.

8 hours ago, hckymeyer said:

You will typically get more money selling on the BST vs trading in.  You can look up what 2nd swing will give you online pretty easily.  The only time I typically trade in vs selling myself is when the new driver you want to buy is running the bonus 50% trade in value towards purchase of the new club.  In the past years the trade in value was actually higher than what I could sell it for myself on BST with the bonus.  

Just something to keep in mind.

Typically yes, but that is assuming the club one is selling is something people want and or is a possible fit. The OP is selling a 9° sim2 max with an x stiff hzrdus smoke green shaft. Not exactly a combo that fits many golfers on this forum. Those it has the potential to fit are all trying the lighter softer flex shafts as part of the cheaper autoflexx experiment, or have paired about not buying anything or are looking at the new releases.

Also it’s been on the bst since last Friday and the op has dropped price twice. 

So is it better to not sell at all or to trade in and get some money back towards a purchase.

14 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Typically yes, but that is assuming the club one is selling is something people want and or is a possible fit. The OP is selling a 9° sim2 max with an x stiff hzrdus smoke green shaft. Not exactly a combo that fits many golfers on this forum. Those it has the potential to fit are all trying the lighter softer flex shafts as part of the cheaper autoflexx experiment, or have paired about not buying anything or are looking at the new releases.

Also it’s been on the bst since last Friday and the op has dropped price twice. 

So is it better to not sell at all or to trade in and get some money back towards a purchase.

Honestly I've never had great luck selling on MGS, just doesn't seem to have enough traffic unless you get lucky and the right buyer is here.  There is a huge buy/sell group on Facebook and WRX has a highly active BST that I've usually had better luck with.  It's honestly the only reason I ever go there.

But that's why I mentioned the trade in bonus.  Historically Callaway and Taylormade have offered it in the spring time and sometimes Cobra.  If you happen to get fit in to one of those models during a time when the bonus happens to be running it's a great deal.  Just something to keep in mind when buying and selling clubs.

Edit: Trade in on that club at 2ndSwing is $111.  Should easily get over double that selling yourself.

23 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

Honestly I've never had great luck selling on MGS, just doesn't seem to have enough traffic unless you get lucky and the right buyer is here.  There is a huge buy/sell group on Facebook and WRX has a highly active BST that I've usually had better luck with.  It's honestly the only reason I ever go there.

But that's why I mentioned the trade in bonus.  Historically Callaway and Taylormade have offered it in the spring time and sometimes Cobra.  If you happen to get fit in to one of those models during a time when the bonus happens to be running it's a great deal.  Just something to keep in mind when buying and selling clubs.

Edit: Trade in on that club at 2ndSwing is $111.  Should easily get over double that selling yourself.

Agree the bst on here is not very good. Also there are more low ball offers here than most other places which is somewhat surprising because I see lots of low ball attempts in various Facebook groups.