In For Review! - Wilson Ci11 Irons

• SPY VIP

I really like the looks of these. The black finish kind of has a piano black look to them. While I don't think they will wear well over time, I think out of the box they are sleek looking.

Piano black is the perfect way to describe it. The other black is a really flat, matte black. I'm really partial to it, and do wonder what the club would look like if Wilson had done the entire iron in that finish instead.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I'm working on the review right now, which means I'm spending a lot of time eyeballing the irons. After a closer inspection, and some thinking about it, I'm less convinced the Ci11s will age gracefully. There is PVD in places that I just don't think it was wise to put it (topline, back cavity).

Point is, bag chatter *might* leave these things looking much the worse for wear.

I have the Tw9 wedges in black -- it's not "piano-black" though. I kinda like they way they've aged -- looks like the have a few battle scars, but it's a different finish than what's on these.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSi3  
FW Wood: PXG Gen4 2-wood
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*
Irons:; PXG 0211; :Hogan: Pro Combo; :benhogan-small:FTX Combo;:benhogan-small:'99 Apex Plus; :benhogan-small:'99 Apex blades; :macgregor-small: 2010 VIP irons; :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTZ ZipCore: :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60
Putter: :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: Buckingham; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X; :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV; :wilson-small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo