TESTERS WANTED! ×

New MP-59's have arrived!

Picked up the new stix this afternoon. I've never been physically attracted to or aroused by a golf club before (except for one Jan Stephenson was swinging in 1985), but oh my dear Lord these things are nice to look at!

IMG_1047.JPG

Had a short range session when I picked them up - and proceeded to top by first swing and it dribbled about 40 yards. Started getting the hang of them by mid-bucket. Found the longer irons VERY easy to hit - made me wish I got the 4 iron. Taking them out for a spin tomorrow.

The Hogan's look a little sad to be leaving the bag...

IMG_1048.JPG

And a little putter love, too....

IMG_1051.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Also came with a nice little pamphlet with the specs...but no hat!

miz1.jpg

miz2.jpg

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Congratulations them are some sexy sticks.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Barbajo, I have always been a huge Hogan fan. I honestly thought that no one made better looking irons than Hogan. And the Hogan Apex Plus were among the best looking of the Hogans but when I see the pictures side by side I realize I am comparing Heidi Klum to Kate Upton. Both have been in the swimsuit edition, both are very sexy, but one of them is still bright and shiny. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/swimsuit/ While these Mizunos are very good looking, well, I am trying to decide if I would rather play with the Mizuno or Kate Upton, and I think I will pick the Mizunos. My wife will let me play with them, but not the other. To be brutally honest I am probably better at handling the Mizunos than I am women anyway.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Ooooh shiny new toys! Congratulations, there aren't too many things out there that can top the arrival of new irons. Except that video RoverRick just posted. Enjoy the new toys and may they treat you well!

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Barbajo, I have always been a huge Hogan fan. I honestly thought that no one made better looking irons than Hogan. And the Hogan Apex Plus were among the best looking of the Hogans but when I see the pictures side by side I realize I am comparing Heidi Klum to Kate Upton. Both have been in the swimsuit edition, both are very sexy, but one of them is still bright and shiny. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/swimsuit/ While these Mizunos are very good looking, well, I am trying to decide if I would rather play with the Mizuno or Kate Upton, and I think I will pick the Mizunos. My wife will let me play with them, but not the other. To be brutally honest I am probably better at handling the Mizunos than I am women anyway.

Hmmm -- Katie Upton and Heidi Klum? Makes me want to keep both sets in the bag!!

I think most of us are better at handling clubs than we are handling women - even if we've never golfed before!

First round today - hit some nice shots, but these are pretty different - gonna take some practice!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Barbajo enjoy the stix...Fairways & Greens 4ever......

Thanks RP - caught a few nice and flush today -- oooh, what a feeling. Also got to try another new toy today - courtesy of eBay - a 2011 Cleveland Mashie (20.5o) - for $28.00. I know it got a so-so review here, but man, that thing is a BEAST!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 4 months later...

i regret not buying 59s sooner. i cant stop hitting them they feel so fricking nice. sth abt them jst feels so right. maybe its the shaft maybe its the head, but im so dreadin the day the grooves wear out

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

What??? Don't you have a spare set of MP59 lying around? :lol:

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Best of luck with the new sticks! They sure are pretty

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Congrats... Those sticks are beautiful... I found I actually lost distance when I hit them.. Got to ask a question though- what do you think about the FTiz's? Your bag looks GREAT!!!

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

I found I actually lost distance when I hit them.

The same happened to me. But I was gaming the R9 irons before the MP59, so I attribute it to the loft difference.

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

Transitioned from Ping G-15's to a Hogan Apex Plus set to the 59's. Found I has lost about a half a club at the beginning of the season but as my swing has improved during the season, back to hitting my 8 iron about 150 or so -- same as 15's. Attribute it to better swing, proper fit, correct shafts.

Loved hitting the FT-iz hybrids - but bought them when I was about 60 lbs heavier - so the standard flex shafts weren't doing it for me anymore. Now gaming some Cleveland Mashie's (ebay deals!) with stiff shafts, but am finding they're way too light for me. Find that I'm hitting the MP-59 5 iron almost as long as my M4 hybrid.

Next purchase will be properly fit hybrids....

Are you liking your Titleist and DTG's? Am open to suggestion....

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Have the standard loft on mine -- have found that as the swing has improved I am getting more distance...usually :rolleyes:

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Found I has lost about a half a club at the beginning of the season but as my swing has improved during the season, back to hitting my 8 iron about 150 or so -- same as 15's. Attribute it to better swing, proper fit, correct shafts.

Are you liking your Titleist and DTG's? Am open to suggestion....

I'm probably at the initial stage, still no improved swing :lol:

I don't have any Titleist clubs, but I'm 100% satisfied with the DTG line-up. Seriously, for those prices... what do you have to lose? B)

I don't have any Titleist clubs, but I'm 100% satisfied with the DTG line-up. Seriously, for those prices... what do you have to lose? B)

Purist will disagree, but Vokeys have nothing on DTG's Inazone wedges. Except an extra $100.

Haven't tried their Hybrids.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Oh...and those Mizzy's are purrrrrrrrty!!!! :)

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Have you seen their new Inazone RAW wedge? See here

I guess I need a new set of wedges! :lol:

i actually gained distance when i got them.

i was playing i15s before and i attribute to the distance gain due to the shaft and better strikes. the Kbs stops my ball from spinning excessively im having the right amount of spin for it to check on greens without the balooning flight. The AWTs werent really helping.

also i love how little offset the long irons have,i no longer have to worry abt a massive hook with my long irons. the 59s still feel pretty strong off the face nowhere as clicky as taylormade Mcs but its def not Mizunos softest forgings. nonetheless im happy with it still. i was 125 out yesterday and i hit my PW 4 feet to the pin for my 1st hole bird. at another long par 3 i hit my 5 iron 195 to 12 feet, i couldnt be this accurate with my i15s i really really love themm

i friking love these irons

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

those are very pretty irons! congrats.

one day when i'm a (much) better golfer i'll have to upgrade my mp53s to the 59s.

maybe i should just get the 59s now, and fondle them when the 53s aren't looking!

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

those are very pretty irons! congrats.

one day when i'm a (much) better golfer i'll have to upgrade my mp53s to the 59s.

maybe i should just get the 59s now, and fondle them when the 53s aren't looking!

Thanks for that mental image -- sleep won't come easy tonite :blink:

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Thank you! You just ruined the MP59's for all of us :lol:

Only in pics...I know that they change color as the exposure to the elements increases, however does anyything happen to the face?...I would think not, though I've never owned an iron like that....

Fairways & Greens 4ever.....

I'm guessing it's similar to the Trusty Rusty wedges from Cobra.

The face will probably rust in time as well, but that would be added spin! Bonus!

sorry stevenhw8 and barbajo... got a little too excited there!

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

sorry stevenhw8 and barbajo... got a little too excited there!

No worries... at least you are not showing us pictures :unsure:

Archived