TESTERS WANTED! ×

The (VGA) Veterans Golf Association (Lacassem's Journey & Others)

• GolfSpy_SHARK changed the title to The (VGA) Veterans Golf Association (Lacassem's Journey & Others)

This is really cool, nice to see this set up for Veterans!  Any idea how many members they have across the US?  I'm curious to see if any of our forum members are also take part in the VGA.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

@Lacassem this is great good luck man cant wait to follow along 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

This is really cool, nice to see this set up for Veterans!  Any idea how many members they have across the US?  I'm curious to see if any of our forum members are also take part in the VGA.

SO looks like what I am seeing is 3,031 members (actively for this year so far) signed up across the United States.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

This is awesome! Can't wait to see the stories that come throughout this year.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

7 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Hey all!

I have been contemplating doing this for years. The VGA for those that have not heard of it is the Veterans Golf Association. They run a ton of tournaments nation wide and have different regions. There are regional leaders and some pretty big competitive championship tournaments all around the world. In 2021 they hosted one in Scotland.

I finally signed up today. There are several tournaments I hope to play in. Even if I play in one I will be super pumped. I am ecstatic to get into some truly competitive golf.

This thread will host my thoughts leading up to tournaments, what I was thinking during the round and how the round went. Maybe get some pointers from the folks on here. Also to provide a space for other VGA members to get involved in one spot.

I am not sure what to expect or how everything works so maybe I can provide some insight as I go along for others that maybe sign up and get into some tournaments!

https://www.vgagolf.org/app/

https://www.vgagolf.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/VGA_2022_Tour_Players_Manaual_20211102v3.pdf

image.png.47ddfb2954d0f57ad57d3c693babb570.png

I think my first tournament will be either April 28th or April 30th (28th is in Connecticut and 30th is in Massachusetts)

AWESOME!!!!!! 

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

10 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Hey all!

I have been contemplating doing this for years. The VGA for those that have not heard of it is the Veterans Golf Association. They run a ton of tournaments nation wide and have different regions. There are regional leaders and some pretty big competitive championship tournaments all around the world. In 2021 they hosted one in Scotland.

I finally signed up today. There are several tournaments I hope to play in. Even if I play in one I will be super pumped. I am ecstatic to get into some truly competitive golf.

This thread will host my thoughts leading up to tournaments, what I was thinking during the round and how the round went. Maybe get some pointers from the folks on here. Also to provide a space for other VGA members to get involved in one spot.

I am not sure what to expect or how everything works so maybe I can provide some insight as I go along for others that maybe sign up and get into some tournaments!

https://www.vgagolf.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/VGA_2022_Tour_Players_Manaual_20211102v3.pdf

I think my first tournament will be either April 28th or April 30th (28th is in Connecticut and 30th is in Massachusetts)

Play well... the MGS Forum reputation is on the line!  😃

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Registered for April 30th tournament. It is a Sunday and at a course I have not played, Crossing Golf Club. It is in Plymouth, MA. close to Cape Cod. Alot of great courses in this area of the state and was wondering if @russtopherbif you have played here at all being in that general area?

Anyway if anyone is curious here is the courses site: https://www.golfcrosswinds.com/

Plan on getting down there in April at some point to give it a test drive

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

55 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Registered for April 30th tournament. It is a Sunday and at a course I have not played, Crossing Golf Club. It is in Plymouth, MA. close to Cape Cod. Alot of great courses in this area of the state and was wondering if @russtopherbif you have played here at all being in that general area?

Anyway if anyone is curious here is the courses site: https://www.golfcrosswinds.com/

Plan on getting down there in April at some point to give it a test drive

No, the only Plymouth courses I've played are Pine Hills (Nicklaus Course) and Waverly Oaks. Sorry!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

19 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

No, the only Plymouth courses I've played are Pine Hills (Nicklaus Course) and Waverly Oaks. Sorry!

All good was worth a shot! The reviews are fantastic so looking forward to it!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Lacassem,

Hey brother best of luck to you in the round.  I have been playing with VGA for a couple of years in a couple of different chapter areas.  Initially I joined up for the competition, in my opinion, the big benefit ended up being the camaraderie, the secondary being the challenge of the competition; but we all have our own perspective.  Most of wha t I have seen is a group of Veterans who want to play competitively, but also know how to have a good time.  The Jacksonville and Central FL chapters are well run and have some great events.  I'm still waiting on our WA (Pacific Northwest) chapter to put out a schedule for the year.  I'm usually out your way (Fall River/Tiverton) for a couple of weeks in the summer and keep my eye open for VGA events to try and plan my travel to coincide; so far it hasn't worked out.  Anyway, I don't know the group there but I can tell you that my experience has been good overall.

As far as courses go I have not played any that are on the MA or CT schedule. But, we enjoy mixing it up at quite a few in the area including Acushnet River, CT National, Mauntaup, Green Valley, Swansea CC and Allendale.  If I recall correctly everyone of these offers a military or Veteran's rate.  We used to get out on Newport National when I was in town, but their rates went through the roof a few years back and I think they got rid of their military/vet rate so we stick to the others on this list. 

Best of luck and most of all, have a great time.  I'll look forward to reading your experience with VGA.

Cheers

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

On 2/11/2023 at 12:37 PM, Subdiver1 said:

Lacassem,

Hey brother best of luck to you in the round.  I have been playing with VGA for a couple of years in a couple of different chapter areas.  Initially I joined up for the competition, in my opinion, the big benefit ended up being the camaraderie, the secondary being the challenge of the competition; but we all have our own perspective.  Most of wha t I have seen is a group of Veterans who want to play competitively, but also know how to have a good time.  The Jacksonville and Central FL chapters are well run and have some great events.  I'm still waiting on our WA (Pacific Northwest) chapter to put out a schedule for the year.  I'm usually out your way (Fall River/Tiverton) for a couple of weeks in the summer and keep my eye open for VGA events to try and plan my travel to coincide; so far it hasn't worked out.  Anyway, I don't know the group there but I can tell you that my experience has been good overall.

As far as courses go I have not played any that are on the MA or CT schedule. But, we enjoy mixing it up at quite a few in the area including Acushnet River, CT National, Mauntaup, Green Valley, Swansea CC and Allendale.  If I recall correctly everyone of these offers a military or Veteran's rate.  We used to get out on Newport National when I was in town, but their rates went through the roof a few years back and I think they got rid of their military/vet rate so we stick to the others on this list. 

Best of luck and most of all, have a great time.  I'll look forward to reading your experience with VGA.

Cheers

Yes very much looking forward to playing in a competitive atmosphere with what is always a good group of people in the military community. I dont think I will get enough rounds in to realistically get outside of the local tournaments but ya never know.

Officially official though:

image.png.6f63bc3b39ee96a08f937e28b8485955.png

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

On 2/8/2023 at 9:51 AM, Lacassem said:

Hey all!

Awesome!  Thanks for sharing the information Mark; I've never heard about this 👍.  I just checked the AZ events and see they have one at Las Barrancas in Yuma.  I played there many, many times when we wintered there, and now recall some BIG event involving veterans every year... probably was the VGA.  There is an event in Buckeye in June that's pretty close to us; maybe I'll give it a try.

Good luck in the events you play!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

7 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Awesome!  Thanks for sharing the information Mark; I've never heard about this 👍.  I just checked the AZ events and see they have one at Las Barrancas in Yuma.  I played there many, many times when we wintered there, and now recall some BIG event involving veterans every year... probably was the VGA.  There is an event in Buckeye in June that's pretty close to us; maybe I'll give it a try.

Good luck in the events you play!

I mean so far it looks awsome and have onky heard great things.

not sure what they’ll have in Montana for you but if your traveling you can play in any state which is really cool I think. It’s 75 or something to get a membership and then just tournament fee. The one I’m doing is 100 so not bad

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

There was at least one other forum member @KCLeo12 who played in the VGA .. on the West Coast, I believe .. though I haven't seen him post on here in a while.....

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

3 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

There was at least one other forum member @KCLeo12 who played in the VGA .. on the West Coast, I believe .. though I haven't seen him post on here in a while.....

Thanks for the tag. I did play for a few years with the VGA. I no longer do after 2019. In 2018 I played in the National Championship and in 2019 I became more involved. I noticed some things that didn’t add up and stopped playing. Some others found the same thing and there is a lot to the story. If you would like more info DM me and I can fill you in. I don’t want to put that info out publicly. 

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Random tournament popped up for the area for this Sunday.

Weather in the 50s and long term forecasts are super mild so courses are opening.

this one is in cape cod which is mild typically and courses open early anyway so this is not abnormal for here but typically do not get down there.

12 player field and got the 11th spot looking forward to it!

here is the course if anyone is interested, will be downloading tonight and reviewing on arccos!

https://www.golfbrookside.com

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Weather in the 50s and long term forecasts are super mild so courses are opening.

this one is in cape cod which is mild typically and courses open early anyway so this is not abnormal for here but typically do not get down there.

here is the course if anyone is interested, will be downloading tonight and reviewing on arccos!

Get in there Mark!  Enjoy the competition, and go low!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

21 hours ago, KCLeo12 said:

..noticed some things that didn’t add up

Well that sucks. Sorry to hear.....

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

4 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Good luck man!  That's pretty awesome that they have something this time of year.  Course looks nice too!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On 2/8/2023 at 10:51 AM, Lacassem said:

Hey all!

Congrats on joining the VGA. I have played in a couple events. The experience will vary depending on the effort of your area tournament director. However, I have played a lot of various amateur events and the VGA does a nice job. I enjoyed the VGA much more than the events in the Golf Channel Tour. I found the VGA more relaxed competition. This is a great tour for active military, veterans and their dependents. They break the Divisions by handicap and age. They also have a special Purple Heart Division which I entered. So, there is a place for every level to play and have fun. The courses I have played were all nice and setup very fairly. It should be a great experience. They also run Regional and National level events. Have a blast!

Play like a champion today!

Good data on the FAQ page for anyone who has questions. I second Javs comments as the experience I have matches. I play with another Tour that does a good job keeping the levity and some of the courses are great, but it can get expensive where VGA seems to keep cost reasonable and everything is as you would expect from a bunch of fellow Vets. To all my brother and sister vets, and their supporters God bless ya and keep 'em in the middle.

https://www.vgagolf.org/faq/

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

Looking forward to following along and seeing how this journey goes for you!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Welcome to the Tour, brother! This will be my 3rd full season on the VGA Tour. So far, it's been a great experience. It's a great way for Veterans to come together and compete with others who truly get "us". 

So far I've met some lifelong friends, reconnected with old buddy's from my days in uniform, won a few tournaments, and feel confident enough to really compete everytime I show up. The Tour is structured so you can literally play any event you can make regardless of your home State/region. And that includes any state championship, which is really cool. 

This year I'll get to play Bethpage Black in May, Trump Ferry Point and Bethpage Red (back-to-back) in June, and a host of other courses spread out between Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and maybe even Connecticut. With any kind of luck, I'll be able to play at Centennial later in the summer, and hopefully at Baltimore CC if I can qualify for the Regional Championship in August.

Best advice I can give is to just be yourself, play your game regardless of anything, and definitely take it in that you're on a golf course playing a game with others who knows what you've been through. That last one applies big time when you're on a course you wouldn't be allowed to play otherwise, which happens often. Again- welcome, good luck, and have fun. 

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

Oh, and the Armed Forces Cup. Forgot to mention that.

To those who don't know, every branch from every region puts together a team based on a season long points and qualifying tournaments to compete head-to-head in a match play event every season. The last few seasons have been at Pinehurst #2, but this year it's at Champions Retreat (https://www.championsretreat.net/). Definitely an event I hope to play in future. 

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

Hi  Lacassem,

I am from Australia...we have had a VGA for as many years that I can remember....great way of meeting fellow golfers in this category...I have just returned from a 4 day WOG (Week of Golf)...on our South Coast.

Enjoy your foray into these events....

Do you think this is good for high handicappers? I'm a 20-21 handicap and don't want to slow the pace of play. 

PXG Driver, 3W, 25 & 28 Hybred, 6-9 Irons, Warbird Putter

Cleveland CBX2 52, 56, 60 wedges

2 minutes ago, milledon said:

Do you think this is good for high handicappers? I'm a 20-21 handicap and don't want to slow the pace of play. 

I can keep ya posted but there are flights for different skill levels much like a league, if anyone were to complain about POP can pound sand in an event like this.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

That's what I was thinking but wanted to check. I would to play in a handful of these. Always like hanging with fellow vets. 

PXG Driver, 3W, 25 & 28 Hybred, 6-9 Irons, Warbird Putter

Cleveland CBX2 52, 56, 60 wedges

13 minutes ago, milledon said:

They have different flights to match every skill level. They also adjust the length of the course for each handicap and age groups. Lastly, my experience is: they have local rules they implement to increase pace of play and still keep it competitive. I would recommend trying a local event.

Play like a champion today!