Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Cost of Your Fitting?

ole gray

I have had fittings from Dicks by a Class A PGA certified pro which cost $50.00 bucks and is applied towards equipment bought there. I've had a fitting by an independent shop in Athens which went out of business shortly after DSG came here. I had a driver fitting at Club Champions in Atlanta which was free for doing a review for another golf forum. Now I am considering going with other options for new irons I have on my radar. 

1.  The Taylormade Kingdom at Renolds Lake Oconee:  https://www.reynoldslakeoconee.com/life/kingdom/club-fitting
     This is a top-notch fitting with a top-notch fee of $300.00  This facility is 40 miles from my home. 1 1/2 hour fitting and irons are built on-site and taken home. 

2. University of Georgia golf course:  https://golfcourse.uga.edu/improve-your-game/club-fitting/    $60.00  for 1-hour fitting and only 9 miles from my home. Ping & Mizuno clubs are featured here.

I'm seriously considering the Kingdom unless something drastically stands out on the downside with the irons I am currently lusting over. 

How much were your fittings and how did you justify the cost?

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Anytime I've done then the cost has gone towards purchase with the mist being $60.00. Was a good fit and worth while. 

My iron fit was free which was nice, but that was a while back. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Ok guys & gals I requested  a fitting for 2/17 at the Kingdom.  I'm a bit nervous as all the youtube videos are showing LOW handicapers striping shots down the range. I'm a 12 handicap and shoot mostly around 80 - 84 with some upper 70's here ad there. I'll probably show up  nervous as a fat rat at a cat ranch.... Anyways being 72 I figure I have maybe 10 good years of decent ball striking left in this old body so I'll give it a shot. It could be $300.00 bucks down the toilet or it could be an eye opening experience.  I plan on doing a mini review of my journey once the dust settles.   Prayers will be appreciated! 😁

Cleveland

17 hours ago, ole gray said:

I have had fittings from Dicks by a Class A PGA certified pro which cost $50.00 bucks and is applied towards equipment bought there. I've had a fitting by an independent shop in Athens which went out of business shortly after DSG came here. I had a driver fitting at Club Champions in Atlanta which was free for doing a review for another golf forum. Now I am considering going with other options for new irons I have on my radar. 

1.  The Taylormade Kingdom at Renolds Lake Oconee:  https://www.reynoldslakeoconee.com/life/kingdom/club-fitting
     This is a top-notch fitting with a top-notch fee of $300.00  This facility is 40 miles from my home. 1 1/2 hour fitting and irons are built on-site and taken home. 

2. University of Georgia golf course:  https://golfcourse.uga.edu/improve-your-game/club-fitting/    $60.00  for 1-hour fitting and only 9 miles from my home. Ping & Mizuno clubs are featured here.

I'm seriously considering the Kingdom unless something drastically stands out on the downside with the irons I am currently lusting over. 

How much were your fittings and how did you justify the cost?

The Kingdom fitting looks really cool.  As long as you are set on TaylorMade clubs that seems like a first rate option for the fitting.

I'm trying to figure out where to get fitted for a new driver this spring.  I've done the big box retailer, local course pro, and Club Champion roads before.  Each have their own unique pros and cons.  I think my main goal for this time around is to find an outdoor fitter so I can see my real swing instead of hitting into a screen 10 feet in front of me.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

Ok guys & gals I requested  a fitting for 2/17 at the Kingdom.  I'm a bit nervous as all the youtube videos are showing LOW handicapers striping shots down the range. I'm a 12 handicap and shoot mostly around 80 - 84 with some upper 70's here ad there. I'll probably show up  nervous as a fat rat at a cat ranch.... Anyways being 72 I figure I have maybe 10 good years of decent ball striking left in this old body so I'll give it a shot. It could be $300.00 bucks down the toilet or it could be an eye opening experience.  I plan on doing a mini review of my journey once the dust settles.   Prayers will be appreciated! 😁

It will be a good learning experience no matter the outcome. You are going to get a quality fitting from a good fitter. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

I'm a bit nervous as all the youtube videos are showing LOW handicapers striping shots down the range. 

Maybe those are just the post fitting results videos 😁.  Enjoy the process and take in everything you can and have lots of fun!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

The Kingdom fitting looks really cool.  As long as you are set on TaylorMade clubs that seems like a first rate option for the fitting.

I'm trying to figure out where to get fitted for a new driver this spring.  I've done the big box retailer, local course pro, and Club Champion roads before.  Each have their own unique pros and cons.  I think my main goal for this time around is to find an outdoor fitter so I can see my real swing instead of hitting into a screen 10 feet in front of me.

Yea I hate hitting in those cramped little hitting bays! 

I've been corresponding with Blake Adams who is a PGA Tour player currently not playing due to injury. 

Cleveland

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Maybe those are just the post fitting results videos 😁.  Enjoy the process and take in everything you can and have lots of fun!

I'm going to take an extra shot of Geritol prior to heading down there.  1 1/2 hours of hitting balls can be exhausting. 

Cleveland

Confirmation arrived! 💣

"You are all set

Friday, February 17th @ 1:30pm for an irons only fitting

Our staff looks forward to hosting you next Friday!"

Blake Adams
Director of Player Development
The Kingdom at Reynolds Lake Oconee

Cleveland

How many of you believe that the cost of your fitting should go towards the purchase if you make one? 

For example - I go in have an iron fit or driver and the cost is $100. We spend the hour going through everything, find a driver or club that is suitable, but I am not ready to make the purchase so I walk out without making the purchase. The cost is $100. 

However in situation 2 I go through the fitting, am thrilled and place an order for whatever I was fit into. In this case I am not charged an additional amount for the product, but the fitting is in essence free as I have spend $600 for a driver or $800 plus for a new set of irons. 

Do you think this is fair? I guess this kinda goes back to the should fittings be free which was a bit controversial. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

How many of you believe that the cost of your fitting should go towards the purchase if you make one? 

For example - I go in have an iron fit or driver and the cost is $100. We spend the hour going through everything, find a driver or club that is suitable, but I am not ready to make the purchase so I walk out without making the purchase. The cost is $100. 

However in situation 2 I go through the fitting, am thrilled and place an order for whatever I was fit into. In this case I am not charged an additional amount for the product, but the fitting is in essence free as I have spend $600 for a driver or $800 plus for a new set of irons. 

Do you think this is fair? I guess this kinda goes back to the should fittings be free which was a bit controversial. 

As much as I hate having to shell out $300.00 bucks for a fitting, I realize the fitter has to make a living.  Sure at places like Dicks where they charge $60.00 bucks so they can merge the fitting cost back into the product purchased.

This is what was mentioned in my email from the Kingdom:

"The cost of clubs is separate from this pricing.  Our fitters do not push the purchasing of new clubs because they are paid from the fitting fees…NOT from club purchases. Guests test their current clubs against the newest TaylorMade equipment and then make a decision on whether to purchase new clubs or not.  Our staff works with PGA Tour players, beginners and everyone in between.  Every guest of The Kingdom receives the same treatment as a PGA Tour player and has access to all shaft and club combinations."

So a fitting at places like the Taylormade Kingdom provides a professional fitting where much more effort is placed on giving their customers a true fitting. They are professionals so they expect and should be paid for their expertise. 

Cleveland

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

It all depends on the fitting.  If you are going to a big box retailer and getting fit by a part-time employee with minimal knowledge it makes sense to refund the fee with a purchase.  If it's a more robust place like @ole gray's Kingdom fitting or a Club Champion then I don't expect them to refund the cost.  A discount is always nice but not necessary for a top level experience.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

If you're talking about custom fitting services, such as Club Champion or similar, where they rebuild the clubs and install specialized components at inflated prices, then yes the price of the fitting should be waived or significantly reduced with a purchase.  However, if you're talking about a retail golf store, be it Big Box or your local shop, where you'll be ordering a club from the manufacturer that meets your specs, then no.  The profit margin for golf clubs is relatively narrow and negating the price of time spent for a fitting would only erode that profit deeper.  Anything beyond a simple fitting for length and lie or a few minutes spent on a monitor should be charged to the customer.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I can understand both sides. Having worked retail golf and done more fittings than I can count, I understand charging for fittings as a fitting. 

A slight counter argument is in most cases a fitting charge that isn't refunded with purchase isn't going to fitter. It's going to the shop. Of course they need to pay rent, fees for LM systems and so on, but if say it's $100 charge how much of that goes to the fitter? Say it's a general retail outlet they are making $15-$25 a hour?

Specialized places like TXG, The Kingdom and that I think are separate to this. 

Not entirely sure what my point is, but yes I think fitters should be paid for their time, but unless they have a bonus per fitting they are being paid hourly as part of their expertise. 

It is also why I like systems like TGF and Most Wanted that give start points and guides to help us narrow our selections a bit so we can make the most of our time when we do pay for it.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

12 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I don’t think it should be applied regardless of where you get fit.

You are paying for a service. Whatever that fee is then that’s paid for the fitting. You are paying the fitters time, knowledge and hours spent honing their skills

if you buy clubs that’s a separate service. 

I get why certain places do it, it drives up their sales number and they still make money. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Sub 70 was free and I had one at the PGASS that was free since I purchased the driver there. 

D- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

Hybrid- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699 U  21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges- Sub 70 286 50+54, Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree 

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach soft # 11

Ball- Titleist Tour Soft

I think I already know the answer, but do you have different expectations when you pay for a fitting vs a free fitting? Are you more enticed to make a purchase when you pay for one vs have a free one? 

Keep in mind I am not talking say TXG or The Kingdom or shops like that. Say local pro shops or larger stores... maybe not big box but that in between. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I think I already know the answer, but do you have different expectations when you pay for a fitting vs a free fitting? Are you more enticed to make a purchase when you pay for one vs have a free one? 

Keep in mind I am not talking say TXG or The Kingdom or shops like that. Say local pro shops or larger stores... maybe not big box but that in between. 

I am not enticed to buy something when I pay for a fitting. I’m paying for the information I get from that. I also know what I’m going to do before I go to the fitting. If it’s to buy a club then I’m buying if the results warrant it. Other times I’m going to a fitting to see what combo or combos work best for me and then when I’m ready to buy I have the data to guide my decision. I rarely do a multi vendor fitting at the same time unless I have my decision narrowed down to 2-3 brands and then I’m comparing the data between them.

Yes.  I think it s probably more of an of course kind of answer.   If I am paying for something I have higher expectations than if something is free.   Do you expect a $100 a player meal to be better that a $10 per plate meal?  

i wouldn’t say I am more enticed if I pay,  but if I am paying I was probably more serious about buying when I went into the fitting.   The fitting I paid for, I had no plans to buy anything as It was intended to be an educational experience.  

I am also more apprehensive about fittings based on what I typically read about them.  I’d have to do a lot of research to be sure that I am work8mg with a quality fitter and in my opinion that is difficult to accomplish.   I see it like picking an instructor or coach,  they may be great for one person but not for you.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Absolutely. When I’ve won 1 fitting before but that was for a specific club (Srixon ZX7 Driver). So the decision was already made. But when I’ve paid for my iron fitting I was narrowed in on a handful of models and was committed to purchasing one of sets. I don’t go into a fitting that I’m paying for unless I know I committed to purchasing my set. Granted if it isn’t feeling right I’ll come back again with new models in mind to try out. Ideally my iron fitting is to last me 5-7 years (currently on year 7 so I’m about due but inflation you know haha). 

Titleist D3 915 10.5 

Taylormade M2 16.5

Mizuno MP15 3 - PW

Taylormade MG 50 and 56

Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No1.

I have had club fitting from 3 different businesses. All good information. All of them offered discount when purchasing new equipment. My best experience was with local business = Indian Hills. I was determined to purchase a new driver. We tested several heads and shafts. Club fitter advised that a new driver would only give me 2-3 yards and no difference in accuracy. AND really not worth the investment.
I had a very bad experience with a Taylormade M2 3 wood a few years ago. I purchased and got fitted at Carl’s golfland. $300+ investment. I loved the club and could hit it very well. I cracked the face (close to the crown) of that 3 wood. Only used 2 years. I was 67 years old + swing speed 94 mph with driver. Carl’s and Taylormade would do nothing to help me out. 542EA8ED-7FCC-4133-968C-FAF3ADA411CD.jpeg.30ac94fd26030d798132c72ba44f8799.jpegNOT a fan of Taylormade! Seems like they could have done something.
My advice- stick with a local club fitter. Thinking they will be more helpful during and after sale. Even changing shafts at later date.

Rogue driver

M6 fairway #4,#5

Cleveland Halo hybrids #2, #3

Cobra TEC King irons

Cleveland CBX wedges

Odessy ELEVEN TOUR LINED CS PUTTER

14 minutes ago, Michaels48895 said:

I have had club fitting from 3 different businesses. All good information. All of them offered discount when purchasing new equipment. My best experience was with local business = Indian Hills. I was determined to purchase a new driver. We tested several heads and shafts. Club fitter advised that a new driver would only give me 2-3 yards and no difference in accuracy. AND really not worth the investment.
I had a very bad experience with a Taylormade M2 3 wood a few years ago. I purchased and got fitted at Carl’s golfland. $300+ investment. I loved the club and could hit it very well. I cracked the face (close to the crown) of that 3 wood. Only used 2 years. I was 67 years old + swing speed 94 mph with driver. Carl’s and Taylormade would do nothing to help me out. 542EA8ED-7FCC-4133-968C-FAF3ADA411CD.jpeg.30ac94fd26030d798132c72ba44f8799.jpegNOT a fan of Taylormade! Seems like they could have done something.
My advice- stick with a local club fitter. Thinking they will be more helpful during and after sale. Even changing shafts at later date.

Most manufacturers have a 2 year warranty from date of manufacture not date of sale. The m2 was last sold in 2017 to 2018. If you had it after 2019 assuming it was the 2017 mode then TM owes you nothing, if they did anything it would be a nice gesture on their part but that isn’t a requirement from them. Carl’s owes you nothing as they are just a retailer and would go to TM for a warranty replacement 

On 12/9/2022 at 8:53 PM, Michaels48895 said:

Read a lot of these posts and thought I would give it a try… Purchased Fujikura Motore F8 50 Callaway Original OptiFit Driver Ladies 53g Shaft on E bay.. $14 and bought a Rogue adapter to fit. Had to remove Optifit adapter and install the new one also had to extend shaft about 2”. Played a few round in very cold 40’s temps. So far impressive results AND seem to be hitting ball straighter. Going to head to simulator and test more in the next week. 

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Most manufacturers have a 2 year warranty from date of manufacture not date of sale. The m2 was last sold in 2017 to 2018. If you had it after 2019 assuming it was the 2017 mode then TM owes you nothing, if they did anything it would be a nice gesture on their part but that isn’t a requirement from them. Carl’s owes you nothing as they are just a retailer and would go to TM for a warranty replacement 

That’s what I got from them - NO nice gesture! When a 67 year old guy breaks the face of a club………..??? I could understand if it was a young player with their swing speeds. Have you ever cracked a club face? I have Cleveland Halos in my bag from 15 years ago….. No broken faces on those!

Rogue driver

M6 fairway #4,#5

Cobra TEC King irons

Cleveland CBX wedges

19 minutes ago, Michaels48895 said:

That’s what I got from them - NO nice gesture! When a 67 year old guy breaks the face of a club………..??? I could understand if it was a young player with their swing speeds. Have you ever cracked a club face? I have Cleveland Halos in my bag from 15 years ago….. No broken faces on those!

Has zero to do with who or how it broke. The club is past its warranty.

Comparing hybrid irons to thin faced fairway woods is apples to oranges. 

People really need to stop thinking they are entitled to stuff from manufacturers for products outside of warranty periods. And also that somehow golf products should be handled differently than any other consumer product.

The fitters are working for you and should be paid.
That said, it is up to you to know what you want in the fitting.
I would opt for an outside fitting if possible to see the ground connection and the ball flight.
In my opinion, you should direct the fitting-- what is your expectation-- longer distance, better ball flight, better accuracy, etc.
Define the rules. Will you buy club(s) for 10 yards distance improvement or a % closer to the pin?
Discuss the process. Take breaks if necessary.
The best fitters will look out for your needs.
If you are not satisfied discuss the options with the fitter or request another fitter.

You do not have to buy anything from the fitting.

default_taylormade-small.jpg.30d3eb3f9b481199aee6d83da348774b.jpg    M4 Driver 8.5 D Fujikura Red 6S
                       M4 3 Wood 15 D Fujikura Red 6S
                       Stealth 3 Hybrid 19 D Fujikura Red 7S
                       P790 Irons 4 - A  Dynamic Gold 95 R
                       Sand Wedge 56 D Dynamic Gold WedgeFlex
                       Lob Wedge   60 D  Dynamic Gold WedgeFlex

:odyssey-small:  Putter White Hot #7 OG Stroke Lab

Yea yea yea…… manufactures are non profit organizations…… $300+ out of my retired pocket is a lot if money! I used to be in retail sales. I know how all this works. The big fish get all the discounts and the extra care. Do not tell me about how I expect FREE stuff. A cracked face on a golf club indicated a manufacturing problem to me. I asked you before- have you ever cracked a club face?  I have worked hard for every dollar that I have earned. Nothing has been given to me and not expected. All my clubs have been purchased WITH a life expectancy of more than 2 years - thank you very much. Thanks for you concern & judgement mister!

Rogue driver

M6 fairway #4,#5

Cobra TEC King irons

Cleveland CBX wedges

17 minutes ago, Michaels48895 said:

Yea yea yea…… manufactures are non profit organizations…… $300+ out of my retired pocket is a lot if money! I used to be in retail sales. I know how all this works. The big fish get all the discounts and the extra care. Do not tell me about how I expect FREE stuff. A cracked face on a golf club indicated a manufacturing problem to me. I asked you before- have you ever cracked a club face?  I have worked hard for every dollar that I have earned. Nothing has been given to me and not expected. All my clubs have been purchased WITH a life expectancy of more than 2 years - thank you very much. Thanks for you concern & judgement mister!

I have cracked a clubface and so have many others. Those that were in the manufacturers warranty period were replaced, those that weren’t some got lucky and the brand replaced them and others were in your situation where they didn’t. There’s no guarantee that outside of the warranty period a company will give a replacement. A lot of it will also depend on the inventory that a manufacturer has, which as of late has been limited. 

Caveat Emptor.  You are doing your research, it is up to you to talk turkey with the fitters, your goals, your comparisons.  $300 is a lot yes.  But If you stand your ground you might get a great fit that will last 5 to 10 years.

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

4 hours ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

Caveat Emptor.  You are doing your research, it is up to you to talk turkey with the fitters, your goals, your comparisons.  $300 is a lot yes.  But If you stand your ground you might get a great fit that will last 5 to 10 years.

Exactly and this fitting at my age will last me for a lonnnnnnnng time.  My body and golf swing has done all the changing it wants to. 😀

Cleveland

6 hours ago, ole gray said:

Exactly and this fitting at my age will last me for a lonnnnnnnng time.  My body and golf swing has done all the changing it wants to. 😀

I am 68.  I swing reg flex from 3 iron on out, but need senior flex 3 wood and uh , that oh, um other thing, with the big head, the uh, car, no, I mean driver.  68, you know.

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃