TESTERS WANTED! ×

Adjustability

Funkyfedora

• SPY VIP

My question is: how much difference does it make to go from one setting to the next if there are 32 intervals? Does the club face point backwards at some point?

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikegolf/en_US/products/details?sku=gd1310

video at bottom of page

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good video. Didn't completely answer my question, but I did like that they echoed my point about adjustability giving the club a longer life in your bag ;)

I'm also not ashamed to admit that I like Nike a little bit (ok, a lot) more now that they've got Amanda Blumenhurst on staff. Go Duke!

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Have you tried to adjust one of these Nikes??? it is so hard to find the exact setting that you are looking for. 32 is 31 to many in my book. at least 24 to many...

Agreed. The actual act of changing the settings is a piece of cake. Nike didn't an outstanding job with the wrench and adjustable hosel. Unfortunately, the markings are not intuitive (or I'm just dense) and I can't remember what is what without carrying around the reference card with me. And even then it's a bit of rocket science.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I mess with that thing EVERY day, and I can't remember what the symbols mean.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

I mess with that thing EVERY day, and I can't remember what the symbols mean.

Need the special names: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-g6ZiVxvk0&feature=related

Volvo Intorqueo

I brought my adjustable R9 out today for the first round and I will admit, after a bad shot, I wanted to mess with it. Ultimately, I didn't because I know the settings are good for me (and because I had great results with that 1 exception). It made me appreciate some people's hesitance to go adjustable, that urge to meddle could be overwhelming to some.

I hope they really use those when they fit someone.

I promise to use these next time I fit anyone..

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

You better. :)

No chance that i do not....

A2g: are you stl happy that you didn't buy the glued version?

Yes, I got a great deal on the Srt8-Fit and my buddy and I had a blast messing with the wrench. Besides, the pouch on the headcover where the wrench is stored will make a great place to stash stuff - like extra tees, gloves, and little bottles of Mr. Daniels. :)

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I've hit that Cog Hill cutter. Problem is I was trying to hit the St. Anne draw...

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I've hit that Cog Hill cutter. Problem is I was trying to hit the St. Anne draw...

Well, you know the tv adds 15 yards.....

• SPY VIP

Yes, I got a great deal on the Srt8-Fit and my buddy and I had a blast messing with the wrench. Besides, the pouch on the headcover where the wrench is stored will make a great place to stash stuff - like extra tees, gloves, and little bottles of Mr. Daniels. :)

You have brought up this innovation in headcover design twice. I need a photo and you need an endorsement.

Volvo Intorqueo

I didn't know that Nike gives you a place to store the wrench in the HC. I love this idea. I'm always trying to remember, "Where did I leave that damned wrench?" because one day I'll think that I'm never going to use it again and leave it at home, then it's in pocket A, then pocket B.

Plus if the wrench is in the HC, I would actually use the OEM HC...maybe.

I didn't know that Nike gives you a place to store the wrench in the HC. I love this idea. I'm always trying to remember, "Where did I leave that damned wrench?" because one day I'll think that I'm never going to use it again and leave it at home, then it's in pocket A, then pocket B.

Plus if the wrench is in the HC, I would actually use the OEM HC...maybe.

I wonder why Scotty's don't have divot tool holders anymore?

I wonder why Scotty's don't have divot tool holders anymore?

Probably because those little slots don't hold the tool very securely, and some people pay a lot of money for those tools. I got one when I put a Scotty putter. It's plain, but it works fine. If I lose it, meh, I'll use one of the free plastic tools you can get anywhere.

Probably because those little slots don't hold the tool very securely, and some people pay a lot of money for those tools. I got one when I put a Scotty putter. It's plain, but it works fine. If I lose it, meh, I'll use one of the free plastic tools you can get anywhere.

Good point. I've got one too and I use it but the thing is desinged completely wrong. It encourages you to lift the grass up, when really you want to push it into the middle.

• SPY VIP

Good point. I've got one too and I use it but the thing is desinged completely wrong. It encourages you to lift the grass up, when really you want to push it into the middle.

Sounds like you need the Byron Turf's Up tool then. Really promotes pushing the edges in rather than prying up and breaking the roots.

As for the cameron tool. I think that he realized that he could sell putters/headcovers without them and still charge the same price. then the tool is a $15 add on afterwords.

Volvo Intorqueo

Sounds like you need the Byron Turf's Up tool then. Really promotes pushing the edges in rather than prying up and breaking the roots.

As for the cameron tool. I think that he realized that he could sell putters/headcovers without them and still charge the same price. then the tool is a $15 add on afterwords.

Didn't know they used to come with divot tools. Makes more sense that way.

As for the Byron tool, the third place winner in the MGS contest wins a Surfboard Divot Tool. Is that the same thing as what you mentioned?

• SPY VIP

Didn't know they used to come with divot tools. Makes more sense that way.

As for the Byron tool, the third place winner in the MGS contest wins a Surfboard Divot Tool. Is that the same thing as what you mentioned?

You bet it is. 3rd is very good indeed... :)

Volvo Intorqueo

I love the Turf's Up tool, but it's just my cheapness coming through that I can't pay for something I can pick up on almost any course for free.

• 3 months later...

Back on the subject on driver adjustability, I think companies should try to develop a MOI and CG fitting system. Where you could hit drivers with the same face and head shape but the internal weighting is different. They would be able to place the weights for extreme forgiveness (high MOI) with a high launch (low CG) or workability (low MOI) with low launch (high CG) or anywhere inbetween. The weight locations would all be set by the manufacturer with NO adjustability to the user. That way the user wouldn't be messing around with the 128 different combinations.

This idea is trademarked and not to be used without the expressed permission of Ricky Bobby, Inc.

I have a Str8-fit. Not for the adjust-ability, but for the default 61* lie from the factory. I have used the adjustment only once; then promptly put it back to stock settings.

The ability to easily swap shafts I find very useful, however. I keep several adapters on hand, just in case I want to try out something new.

Archived