Our Sponsors

• SPY VIP

Good point. I've got one too and I use it but the thing is desinged completely wrong. It encourages you to lift the grass up, when really you want to push it into the middle.

Sounds like you need the Byron Turf's Up tool then. Really promotes pushing the edges in rather than prying up and breaking the roots.

As for the cameron tool. I think that he realized that he could sell putters/headcovers without them and still charge the same price. then the tool is a $15 add on afterwords.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have we all agreed on anything (other than you post a lot and Jamo agrees with everything you and I say)?

Sounds like you need the Byron Turf's Up tool then. Really promotes pushing the edges in rather than prying up and breaking the roots.

As for the cameron tool. I think that he realized that he could sell putters/headcovers without them and still charge the same price. then the tool is a $15 add on afterwords.

Didn't know they used to come with divot tools. Makes more sense that way.

As for the Byron tool, the third place winner in the MGS contest wins a Surfboard Divot Tool. Is that the same thing as what you mentioned?

• SPY VIP

Didn't know they used to come with divot tools. Makes more sense that way.

As for the Byron tool, the third place winner in the MGS contest wins a Surfboard Divot Tool. Is that the same thing as what you mentioned?

You bet it is. 3rd is very good indeed... :)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I love the Turf's Up tool, but it's just my cheapness coming through that I can't pay for something I can pick up on almost any course for free.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• 3 months later...

Back on the subject on driver adjustability, I think companies should try to develop a MOI and CG fitting system. Where you could hit drivers with the same face and head shape but the internal weighting is different. They would be able to place the weights for extreme forgiveness (high MOI) with a high launch (low CG) or workability (low MOI) with low launch (high CG) or anywhere inbetween. The weight locations would all be set by the manufacturer with NO adjustability to the user. That way the user wouldn't be messing around with the 128 different combinations.

This idea is trademarked and not to be used without the expressed permission of Ricky Bobby, Inc.

I have a Str8-fit. Not for the adjust-ability, but for the default 61* lie from the factory. I have used the adjustment only once; then promptly put it back to stock settings.

The ability to easily swap shafts I find very useful, however. I keep several adapters on hand, just in case I want to try out something new.