Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

March Forum Member of the Month Prize Package

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

member-of-month-wdgolf.jpg

We're going to announce March's MyGolfSpy Forum Member of the Month at the end of this week. To build some anticipation (and yes to promote the prize a little bit more), we're revealing this months' prize package ahead of the announcement. While you'll have to wait until Friday to see who the winner is, here's what he's going to win.

Please join me in Congratulating our March Forum Member of the Month, WDGolf. Check out his prize package below. The official announcement can be found here.

bridgestone-balls-prize.jpg

6 Dozen Bridgestone Golf Balls (any ball from the current lineup)

Choosing the right golf ball for your game can make a dramatic difference in your performance on the golf course. For you to best harness the advanced science and research available today, we invite you to take the "Bridgestone Golf Challenge" and discover the best ball for you. Our winner will be fitted for a golf ball using Bridgestone's Online B-Fit Selection Guide (and of course Bridgestone's B-Fit Technicians are always available to assist). We do ask that this month's winner come back and tell everyone about his Bridgestone B-Fit experience.

Bridgestone Golf Website

gd-625-100-1.jpg

GolfDiscount.com – $25 Gift Card

Founded in 1995, GolfDiscount.com has long made superior customer service its number one priority. Serious commitment to our customers, combined with superior selection and aggressive pricing and benefits designed to lower prices, has allowed us to grow into a premier online destination for all things golf. Put us to the test for your next golf purchase, and let GolfDiscount.com show you a better way to do business.

GOLFDISCOUNT WEBSITE

mygolfspy_giveaway625x100.png

Full set of 13 Customized PUREgrips

Win 13 colored grips from PURE Grips, the only colored grips on the market not made from polymers, plastics and silicone. Made from the same proprietary rubber from which we make our black grips, every colored grip from PURE provides the identical combination of tackiness, durability, weather performance and feel that has made our grip such an outstanding choice. Plus, the colored grips even go on with the same tapeless installation.

PUREgrips WEBSITE

mgs-shirt-625-100-1.jpg

MyGolfSpy T-Shirt

This is the MyGolfSpy Tee that was founded back in 1999. The shirt designs have changed but the year has stayed the same. That year represents the year I decided to dedicate my career to the golf consumer. And my mission is just getting started! Hope you enjoy your new MGS shirt.

VISIT STORE

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

The pure grips look amazing, going to track down a distributor here in the UK

Stuart

Follow me on TWITTER @StuartRust81 or work @OTproshop

Currently in my bag;

Scotty Cameron Newport oil can

All my other clubs are up for sale in the Proshop

New clubs on Order

TaylorMade R1 Driver

RBZ 2 Fairway adjustable

RBZ 2 Hybrid adjustable

RocketBladez Tour

ATV wedges

Important note: The $25 gift card from Discount Golf is in addition to the 18% discount for MyGolfSpy members. That is pretty cool. Also I ordered a Titleist Visor and a Frogger Towel and some other stuff.

Callaway Driver came tonight after dark. If I had not already played 18 holes plus winning a 9 hole scramble I might be tempted to go back out, but can wait until tomorrow.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Anyone play the yellow 330rx's yet?

I tried the RXS and hated them. I was 25 yards shorter because of driver spin but got the new driver today so I will give them another shot. A buddy of mine playes the e6 yellow. I hate the yellow balls. Out range uses yellow balls so I am programmed to ignore them. Today he rode in the cart with me, and he constantly had to give me directions to his ball. It was like I could not remember his ball was yellow.

That's a terrific lokking prize package.....way to MygolfSpy!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Really cool package for whomever the person is that gets this. I used to play the B330-S and loved the ball haven't tried the new one yet but want to. I stopped playing them in 2010 model didn't like it compared to the 2009 model.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

• SPY VIP

Sorry guys...GolfSpy X is on a little family vacation, and rather than ask him to interrupt it to make a banner, I'm going to hold off until Monday to announce the winner. The good news is, we know who it is.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Haha...congrats to the winner, great prize package, and the sponsors that support it are awesome, PURE GRIPs rule!! Golf Discount, you guys keep doing your thing, I visit your site more than TGW now!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

The balls look great, haven't tried any of the models yet but they are not widely stocked here in England but I am going to have to keep an eye for a fitting day

Also great prizes once again MGS

Stuart

Follow me on TWITTER @StuartRust81 or work @OTproshop

Currently in my bag;

Scotty Cameron Newport oil can

All my other clubs are up for sale in the Proshop

New clubs on Order

TaylorMade R1 Driver

RBZ 2 Fairway adjustable

RBZ 2 Hybrid adjustable

RocketBladez Tour

ATV wedges

• SPY VIP

The winner has been announced. See the 1st Post in the thread.

Congratulations WDGolf, enjoy the package and new stuff I want to hear about the golf balls mostly. Been wanting to try the new B330-S

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Congrats WD -- hit 'em long, straight and not too often! :D

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• SPY VIP

Almost never fails...no matter how active the eventual winner is on the forum, he basically disappears the day we announce he's won. Weird how that works.

Almost never fails...no matter how active the eventual winner is on the forum, he basically disappears the day we announce he's won. Weird how that works.

LOL, it was unintentional, I swear. Work has been very busy since mid last week. I just finished kicking off an experiment so I have downtime again :).

All I can say is, wow. Thank you very much MGS (both staff and members)! I'd be lying if I said the member of the month contest didn't push me to be more active several months ago, but what has kept me active and will continue to do so is the members, all the thought provoking conversations, and of course the reviews. There's no other place we can post our thoughts in such an uncensored forum and have very intelligent people respond in creative/productive ways. It's a lot of fun to be a member of these forums.

I also have MGS to thank for my driver (GolfBids.net) and soon a Black Ops (uspgenterprises.com) shaft for the driver.

I have a full time job of review writing ahead of me, but it's going to be a lot of fun:

• Bridgestone Balls
  • Pure Grips
  • R11s Driver
  • Black Ops shaft
  • Orange Whip/Medicus Swing Speed Meter (both of which I heard about via MGS)
  • Woods/Iron Fitting as soon as I can schedule it

Now I need to start agonizing over which 330 ball to order and what color Pure Grip!

Thank you very much again (in no particular order) X, Tony, Matt, Tim, Dave, and everyone else!

Will

Congradulations WD. 6 Dozen Bridgestone golf balls, enough to play a full 18 holes. :D

Now I need to start agonizing over which 330 ball to order and what color Pure Grip!

Congrats WD, well deserved.

I don't remember what you said your swing speed was, but I hit a RX with a 1/2 PW from 90yds yesterday and it flew about 120yd. They definitely have a lower compression and seem to jump off the face. I think the RX is rated for under 100mph SS, if I remember right.

• SPY VIP

Congrats WD, well deserved.

I don't remember what you said your swing speed was, but I hit a RX with a 1/2 PW from 90yds yesterday and it flew about 120yd. They definitely have a lower compression and seem to jump off the face. I think the RX is rated for under 100mph SS, if I remember right.

Splitting hairs, but I believe the number Bridgestone uses as the point of differentiation between the standard 330 series and the 330-RX series is 105 MPH. If memory serves from my conversations with Bridgestone at the PGA show, 75% of golfers would be better served by playing something from the RX series.

Splitting hairs, but I believe the number Bridgestone uses as the point of differentiation between the standard 330 series and the 330-RX series is 105 MPH. If memory serves from my conversations with Bridgestone at the PGA show, 75% of golfers would be better served by playing something from the RX series.

My driver SS ranges 108-113 for normal swings. I haven't tried any of the new Bridgestone balls, but the B-Fit system put me into the B330-S so I can get more spin from my wedges. I'm going to try to go to the local pitch and putt this weekend with a sleeve of the 330 and 330-S to see which I like better with a wedge.

Last weekend I played the last three holes with a ProV1x that I found and I loved it for my irons (I lost my MG C4 when I hit a severe hook into a tree, which ricocheted about two miles away). I didn't have a chance to hit it with a wedge to see how it checks up though. I'm not sure how the B330 series compares to the ProV1/ProV1x.

Based on that one shot I hit yesterday, I think the ball would be great for my new "always 80" swing. I'm just worried how it would come off the driver. I was never concerned about compression back when I swung 200mph, I don't know why I would be concerned about it now.

I tried the B330RXS and was 25 yards shorter on the driver, but I had a lot of spin on my Titleist driver. The best ball for me, with that driver, was by far the Pro V1x. It was also great off of my ZB irons. Now that I have the Callaway Razr Fit/ GC Tour AD DI7 combo, I think this has changed. I did not want to change anything before the tournament. And it was only at the last minute that I decided to go with the new driver. I am glad I did but was very nervous the first couple of holes. I did take out the 3 wood and carried the old driver just in case but did not use it because the new driver was awesome.

Now that it is over with I will test out these other balls again. I played the TM Penta along with my Hogan irons yesterday on the 9 holes I got in before dark. Great distance and accuracy. The Hogan irons have much more forgiveness and distance, I shot a 36 with three boges and three birdies. So I was very happy with them. Today, I think I will be able to play late this evening and maybe even this afternoon, and plan to try out the Bridgestones. I think that my swing speed is faster than my Medicus says or else I would not be averaging 275 with the driver.

That is about 10 more yard average with the new driver. Which is huge because the wind had not been favorable on my big driving holes. Those that I hit a draw and let it run. So what is huge is that I am hitting fades that end up 10 yards past where I was hitting my draws to.

I did give several of these RXS to one of the higher cappers to see how he hit them but all we found out was what we suspected all along. They do not float and they do not show up better in the knee deep grass and they will go through a barbed wire fence.

Archived