Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Get A Grip!

GolfSpy_APH

For the longest time I would in general just use whatever grips were on my clubs. From my original Cobra AMP Cell irons with orange grips to the AMP Cell Pros, Mizuno MP 25s they all used pretty standard grips with standard size. It wasn't until I got my set of Ping i E1 irons which had the Golf Pride MCC4 that I really realized what I was missing out on. The irons not only changed my game, but the grips had a large part to do with that as well. It changed my view on grips. 

My Ping i210 I went with corded grips, but in midsize and again discovered how a proper grip could change the way I feel about grips and their importance. All my future clubs I made sure they were in midsize and when possible corded grips. My hands tend to sweat a fair amount so corded really helped. 

Fast forward to now and I have a new favourite grip. Still midsize, but the Lamkin Crossline is a grip I love. The tackiness, feel and performance are the best I have had. They are my new go to grip for all my clubs. 

So what is your go to grip? Do you have mixed grips on your clubs? Why did you pick on those over others and does color matter to you?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I have midsize Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2Gs on my irons, hybrid and fairway wood and then I've got the Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 midsize on my driver. I really like the tackiness of the 2Gs, but the feel of the tour velvet 360 on my driver has me considering to moving all my clubs to that grip after this coming season. Just got the tour wraps fresh last year and didn't get to play a ton, so they will work for the year this year. I plan on playing a lot this summer, though, so will probably replace them all after the season is over.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Most people with big hands use a bigger grip. I wear a xl glove, but the thicker the grip the more I can’t turn it over: knowledge I use throughout my bag. In my woods where I fear a big left miss, I like the  mcc plus 4  + 2 wraps. Makes me feel like I can go after it as hard as I want, and not hook it. For my irons, I like the exact opposite: skinnier grips(standard Tour velvet) that make me feel like I can aim right and turn it over slightly.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

I like the blue Golfpride CP2 midsize grips. I am also a fan of Winn Excel grips, but they are not durable at all.  I actually bouth the Winn grips for my new irons, but for some reason they really messed up the feel of them.  The only thing I can figure is maybe a swing weight thing because they are lighter than a traditional midsize grip.  Either way, I ordered a set of CP2's the next day.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow