TESTERS WANTED! ×

MyGolfSpy 2023 Golf Ball Test!!!

GolfSpy SAM

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Someone else ( @GolfSpy_APH?) may be able to more definitively answer this, but I'm fairly certain the test only includes 3-piece (and up) balls, with the exception of "Range Balls". 

I ma pretty sure that MGS has stated in the past that they will only test urethane cover balls since they are available in various price ranges and provide significant benefit over surlyn.   I know a lot of readers disagree and have indicated they play better with surlyn but that has been the stance in the past and based on Tony's opinions on surlyn I wouldn't expect it to tested.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I would like to see Kirkland tested.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

This ball won the first Liv tournament. It comes 3 and 4 peace.

Taylormade driver Sldr stiff D9+ custom shaft SST pure

3,4,5, Tour Edge hyb reg. 60 gram.

Mzunio 921 fourged 5-G  D2 5.5 flex

Titleist wedges 54 58 D5 Nippon SST pure

Evnroll putter

first in April to Sept. Clear ball the original. second Prov 1

off season Vice tour plus

They need to take the “winners” from previous years and have them in the test. When the Snell MTB-X blows away the competition one year, but is nowhere to be seen the next, I want to know if it was a “yearly iteration” of that ball that made the difference. No way MTB-X wins distance so handily then isn’t in the top 10 next time. Test the former winners, balls PRODUCED THAT YEAR, vs all new ones.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

6 minutes ago, PMookie said:

They need to take the “winners” from previous years and have them in the test. When the Snell MTB-X blows away the competition one year, but is nowhere to be seen the next, I want to know if it was a “yearly iteration” of that ball that made the difference. No way MTB-X wins distance so handily then isn’t in the top 10 next time. Test the former winners, balls PRODUCED THAT YEAR, vs all new ones.

Like this idea. Only question I would add is how available are older versions? If they can hardly be found then may not be as relevant. However i do see the point in if they do a VS Lab in that case. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 2/18/2023 at 3:11 AM, berkeleybob said:

I can’t remember what happened last year, but I’d love to see two articles: one that compares urethane balls and one that compares non-urethane balls.

Callaway still makes Warbirds. Wilson still makes Zips. TaylorMade still makes Noodles. Even Pinnacle still makes balls. I know these don’t compare to the next tier, but how much?

Another thing I‘d want to know is, how much impact does an ionomer ball have on a set of mid/high handicappers’ games compared to urethane? Score-wise? Distance-wise? Putting-wise?

Yes, Pinnacle still around.  One of the brands operated by Acushnet.  The principal brands operated by Acushnet are Titleist, best known for balls and clubs; FootJoy, an apparel brand with particular focus on shoes and gloves; Scotty Cameron, a leading putter brand; Vokey Design, a leading brand of wedge; Union Green, a golf ball and accessory brand marketed to casual players; and Pinnacle, a brand of distance ball.

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

12 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

given the amount of DTC and better priced options from bigger OEMs I find it kinda pointless (own opinion) to test 2 piece balls. You can get a good golf ball for a decent price that has 3 layers or even 4 in some cases that isn't going to break the bank.

The whole conversation around playing ionomer-covered balls is purely a financial decision. Spending time and energy testing which is the best of the worst isn't worth anyone's time. If the MGS crew wanted to throw in ONE ionomer/non-range ball for comparison to be able to see just how different it is from urethane, fine, but there really just can't be a serious conversation about trying to identify the "best performer" from a grouping of balls that are explicitly manufactured NOT to perform in the same way that a urethane ball is meant to perform.

Edited by GregGarner
typo

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

On 2/17/2023 at 12:31 PM, ChuckZ said:

Thanks.  Did not start playing this crazy game until 1985.  Worked on farm and joined the Air Force in 1965.  Went I got out in 1971, I had to go to work and support my family and did not have time to play golf.  Always played softball.  The farthest I ever hit a ball was 305 with a small head Taylormade Burner in long driver competition.  Have been blessed and lucky.  Never took lessons until five years ago.  Lowest score, 69, three days after my 68th birthday and four hole in ones.  Best round was the Ocean Course @ Kiawah Island from the Blue tees, 77.  Longest drive last year before hurting my back was 285.  Normally hit it around 220-250.  Am in PT and pain management and hope to be back to playing by end of April.  Core strengthen therapy due to scoliosis and degenerative back issues.  Have not played since Dec 12.  Am scheduled for lessons Starting March 14th.  One a week for seven weeks.  Easing back into the game.  Much more flexible than I have been in years.  Hoping for better results when I return.  

You have a similar background to mine. I went in the USMC in 1968, just about a month shy of my 20th birthday when I was cutting far too many college classes and got my draft notice because I no longer qualified as a college student. By the time I got out of the Marine Corps in 1970, I had a son and needed to get a job, plus I decided that I better go back to college and get a degree, so I went to classes nights and weekends.

Because of the demands of working a full time job, going to college part time and raising a son (including as a single parent after getting divorced in the mid-1970s), I didn’t start playing golf until 1985-86 at age 36-37.

I really didn’t get serious about golf until I was in my 40s, and when I started keeping a handicap at age 39, my index was in the low 20s. I got that handicap index down as low as 6.7 in my early 40s, and it stayed below or at 8.3 until my middle 50s. It only ballooned above 10 following multiple knee surgeries (ACL, MCL and multiple meniscus tears) beginning at age 57. Since then, my handicap has fluctuated between the mid-11s to as high as 16.3. Every time I have it on a nice downward trajectory, another injury (rotator cuff, hips, knees,etc) or serious illness (including three bouts with cancer, plus a severe bone, spinal and blood infection) comes along to throw a big wrench in the works.  I am finally resigned to the fact that I am going to be a low to mid teens handicapper the rest of my golfing life.

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

On 2/17/2023 at 6:55 AM, BillyD said:

Please include the entire OnCore line.    Especially Vero X2, Vero X1 and ELXR 2022.    Thank you!

I second this nomination.  I've been playing the latest Elixr ball almost exclusively the past year and think it outstanding, and I've tried a lot of different balls, so I am very interested in how it tests out.  Think it is easily the best value out there.

:srixon-small:      ZX7 Driver 9.5 Stiff flex Smoke Black shaft

:taylormade-small:   3HL 17 Rocketballz Matrix Ozik Stiff

:wilson_staff_small: C300 Hybrids 20. 23 Fujikura Speeder Stiff

:taylormade-small:   Stealth 5- GW Ventus Red 6-R

(Sorry, no Edison logo as of yet)   Edison 49 and 55 degree wedges                                                               :cleveland-small: RTX 4 56/8  64/6 Raw Wedges

:EVNROLL:  ER5 CS 35 in putter

:ShotScope:  V3 GPS Shot tracker watch

:OnCore:   OnCore Elixr

4 minutes ago, sellemental said:

I second this nomination.  I've been playing the latest Elixr ball almost exclusively the past year and think it outstanding, and I've tried a lot of different balls, so I am very interested in how it tests out.  Think it is easily the best value out there.

I agree with you and BillyD. The OnCore line of balls are very competitive. I love the  X1 and X2. I think that OnCore has been underrated. I feel their balls are miles above Snell and Vice. Additionally, they offer a bonus on the loyalty program for veterans. 

Play like a champion today!

5 minutes ago, Javs said:

I agree with you and BillyD. The OnCore line of balls are very competitive. I love the  X1 and X2. I think that OnCore has been underrated. I feel their balls are miles above Snell and Vice. Additionally, they offer a bonus on the loyalty program for veterans. 

Completely agree.  Played the Vice, Snell, Cut, and many, many others.  If cost weren't an issue, then I might feel differently, but in my opinion, OnCore balls just a very slim notch below the very top tier balls, it's a no brainer/ best value you can get.

Toss in they often provide opportunities to bundle or lower costs with special offers, as long as you plan just a little, you can save a little more also.

:srixon-small:      ZX7 Driver 9.5 Stiff flex Smoke Black shaft

:taylormade-small:   3HL 17 Rocketballz Matrix Ozik Stiff

:wilson_staff_small: C300 Hybrids 20. 23 Fujikura Speeder Stiff

:taylormade-small:   Stealth 5- GW Ventus Red 6-R

(Sorry, no Edison logo as of yet)   Edison 49 and 55 degree wedges                                                               :cleveland-small: RTX 4 56/8  64/6 Raw Wedges

:EVNROLL:  ER5 CS 35 in putter

:ShotScope:  V3 GPS Shot tracker watch

:OnCore:   OnCore Elixr

22 hours ago, charles M Mecca said:

This ball won the first Liv tournament. It comes 3 and 4 peace.

Was that an intended pun? :>)

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

Like it was said before...I think that the test should include only the second and third tier balls...3 piece, and 2-piece surlyn and urethane balls.

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Ping Tour 65

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

Scotty Cameron Custom welded LN 

Grips- GP MCC+4

Charles Schwartze plays the ball. The ball is from Clear Sports. The price is around 58.00 + shipping.

Evnroll putter

2 hours ago, TENBUCK said:

Like it was said before...I think that the test should include only the second and third tier balls...3 piece, and 2-piece surlyn and urethane balls.

Was this said before? I hadn't seen anyone suggest testing only 2nd/3rd tier balls. I can pretty much guarantee this won't happen, as MGS is really only interested in testing those balls that manufactures make big claims about ("best ball in golf," "fastest ball in golf," "as good as the ProV1", etc.). The only two-piece ball typically included in the test is a range ball, to show the actual differences you should be expecting when at the range. 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Was this said before? I hadn't seen anyone suggest testing only 2nd/3rd tier balls. I can pretty much guarantee this won't happen, as MGS is really only interested in testing those balls that manufactures make big claims about ("best ball in golf," "fastest ball in golf," "as good as the ProV1", etc.). The only two-piece ball typically included in the test is a range ball, to show the actual differences you should be expecting when at the range. 

I think there is value to a test for non-urethane covered balls... but I will also give a shout out to the testing team... it is a HUGE undertaking to test the number of balls they are testing and record all the results.  I think it would probably take a full time team all year 'round to capture every option.  So while a few other options would be awesome, I also understand why they focus on the tour level balls for this review.  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

26 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

I think there is value to a test for non-urethane covered balls... but I will also give a shout out to the testing team... it is a HUGE undertaking to test the number of balls they are testing and record all the results.  I think it would probably take a full time team all year 'round to capture every option.  So while a few other options would be awesome, I also understand why they focus on the tour level balls for this review.  

Well said. I think the challenge of including SOME Surlyn/Ionomer balls is that anyone playing balls other than those might think the chosen ones aren't representative enough. By focusing solely on the urethane balls, it not only limits the scope (and therefore time required for the testing), but as MGS has been saying for years now, playing a quality ball can improve your game - knowing which of the urethane balls might best fit your game based on cost/quality (however you determine the ratio is important to you) - you'll not be guessing. You'll actually know. 

For what it's worth, I first used the test to see which DTC companies tested the best, then went and found one of their cheapest options as I was on a budget. I felt like, even though the ball I bought wasn't specifically tested, the other balls in their lineup were, so figured I was in a good spot. 

That may be faulty logic, but knowing the company was legit helped me feel confident that I wasn't buying garbage. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

Clear make 3 and 4 peace balls. I have asked them to test this ball, a few times nothing ever happened. I had stopped asking. Then I received an email what do you want tested. So I tried again.

Evnroll putter

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Well said. I think the challenge of including SOME Surlyn/Ionomer balls is that anyone playing balls other than those might think the chosen ones aren't representative enough. By focusing solely on the urethane balls, it not only limits the scope (and therefore time required for the testing), but as MGS has been saying for years now, playing a quality ball can improve your game - knowing which of the urethane balls might best fit your game based on cost/quality (however you determine the ratio is important to you) - you'll not be guessing. You'll actually know. 

For what it's worth, I first used the test to see which DTC companies tested the best, then went and found one of their cheapest options as I was on a budget. I felt like, even though the ball I bought wasn't specifically tested, the other balls in their lineup were, so figured I was in a good spot. 

That may be faulty logic, but knowing the company was legit helped me feel confident that I wasn't buying garbage. 

I FULLY support putting a few mid-tier balls into the test (beyond range balls).  I think the results would be very telling... and may (or may not) support the common perception that Urethane is better all around.  I agree with you GSSAM.   I think your comments are especially relevant with some of the releases by the OEM's that are the leaders in tour level balls... for example... the Tour Speed and Tour Soft balls must have some (more than) niche value in the market place... the price difference is somewhat better, but not THAT MUCH better... Granted $10-$15/doz does add up over time, but is that equivalent to the performance difference?    

I think the ball test is one of the best tests MGS performs...(If I could just get my hands on the raw data!!!!) and if they could add a few more swing speed metrics... I would be a VERY happy camper... but I truly appreciate the amount of work that goes into it.  Nothing wrong with wanting even more 😉 .

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

16 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

If all of the balls are manufactured in the same place, then I think it checks out. But some, like Callaway, use different sites depending on the tier of ball. That being said, including manufacturer/site in the sortable data would be a VERY interesting addition to the Ball Test results. Imagine if you could see a trend that Foremost-produced balls, for example, were statistically better performing than another manufacturer!

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

I may be sorry I have said this but I have a protect ball tester this is nothing like what the real tester's have but that said out of the 8 dosen clear balls I have bought all tested the same. No other brand balls  have done that. That's the reason I wanted them to do the test. Just received a box of PRO V1x - and 5 were the same and 7 were the same. Not all 12.  They were 8 and 7 on my test. Then again maybe I don't understand this.

Evnroll putter

31 minutes ago, charles M Mecca said:

I may be sorry I have said this but I have a protect ball tester this is nothing like what the real tester's have but that said out of the 8 dosen clear balls I have bought all tested the same. No other brand balls  have done that. That's the reason I wanted them to do the test. Just received a box of PRO V1x - and 5 were the same and 7 were the same. Not all 12.  They were 8 and 7 on my test. Then again maybe I don't understand this.

Guess time will tell and we will see if they get tested! I am sure there will be those checking in on this thread to see some recommendations (I have seen Tony drop in here to check it out). Now that you have put it out there we will just have to wait and see!

There are a ton of golf balls out there and they will be going through a ton of them. Hopefully your request is seen and heard and we will see Clear there and maybe they will perform the same as you are thinking and finding in your tests. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Thank you.

Evnroll putter

48 minutes ago, charles M Mecca said:

I may be sorry I have said this but I have a protect ball tester

Out of curiosity, what's a "protect ball tester"? Does it test for conformity? Compression? 

Would love to know more!

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Out of curiosity, what's a "protect ball tester"? Does it test for conformity? Compression? 

Would love to know more!

My guess is that this is what he is referring to:  https://www.procheckgolf.com/

He is looking for MGS to do the ball lab on the clear balls to compare to his measurements.   While they eventually do ball lab on the ball test,  what this thread is asking for is a little different.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 2/19/2023 at 9:18 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Like this idea. Only question I would add is how available are older versions? If they can hardly be found then may not be as relevant. However i do see the point in if they do a VS Lab in that case. 

If it’s a previous iteration ball they can easily be found on the web and then one could stock-up, but, yes, if a 2009 Titleist Pro V1 was still champ getting those would be an issue.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I am sorry for the misspelling. Here is the site https://www.procheckgolf.com/ I have been using this for a number of years, don't play a ball without knowing what # it is. My in season # is a 6 , out of season 5, Very cold 4. This is what works for me. My wife plays an 8 all the time the problem is getting a four peace ball like Pro V1x L- which are 8 all 12 in a box it didn't happen. When we got the procheck years back we came up with a way to check which ball would give her the most distance. We did it on the course with all the # balls from 1 to 8. At that time we were getting the 8 ball from Japan, but they stopped making it. MGS test telling us about the ball for swing speed brought us to Pro V1x L-

I hope this will be of some help.

Evnroll putter

New PXG ball

New titleist line up

Bridgestone

New ERC from callaway

Vice

Other DTC ball that actually have inventory

I would also really like 1 NON urethane ball from company big brand company like taylormade, titleist, callaway, bridgestone,

In a way I want you to waste time testing the balls that Tony says NOT to use. I really want to see the difference this year so I can put those numbers in front of some of my friends.